Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Deadspin made significant changes to a story accusing a young Kansas City Chiefs fan of wearing blackface after the child’s parents threatened to sue.

Nine-year-old Holden Armenta went viral on Twitter when he was shown at the Chiefs’ Nov. 26 game in a Native American headdress and face paint. Half of his face was painted black, while the other was painted red. Shortly after, Deadspin writer Carron J. Phillips claimed the child “found a way to hate Black people and the Native Americans at the same time” in an article.

Holden’s parents were furious by the way their son was characterized and hired an attorney to prepare to sue. The family’s attorney then published a letter demanding retractions of Phillips’ claims.

In the latest version of the story, those retractions have been made.

“On Nov. 27, Deadspin published an opinion piece criticizing the NFL for allowing a young fan to attend the Kansas City Chiefs game against the Las Vegas Raiders on Nov. 26 wearing a traditional Native American headdress and, based upon the available photo, what appeared to be black face paint,” the editor’s note says. “Unfortunately the article drew attention to the fan, though our intended focus was on the NFL and its checkered history on race, an issue which our writer has covered extensively for Deadspin. Three years ago, the Chiefs banned fans from wearing headdresses in Arrowhead Stadium, as well as face painting that ‘appropriates American Indian cultures and traditions.’ The story’s intended focus was the NFL and its failure to extend those rules to the entire league.

“We regret any suggestion that we were attacking the fan. To that end, our story was updated on Dec. 7 to remove any photos, tweets, links, or otherwise identifying information about the fan. We have also revised the headline to better reflect the substance of the story.”

In addition to removing the photo of Holden, the content of the article has been tweaked. Instead of the line accusing him of hating Black people and Native Americans, it now reads, “It takes a lot to disrespect two groups of people at once.”

Previously,

Shannon Armenta — Holden’s mother — then took to Facebook to accuse Phillips of trying to “create division.” She also clarified that her son is Native American.

In a statement, the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians, of which the family is affiliated, said it “does not endorse wearing regalia as part of a costume or participating in any other type of cultural appropriation.”

https://deadspin.com/roger-goodell-kansas-city-chiefs-fan-black-face-native-1851048905

Edited by AriesWarlock

https://people.com/jonathan-majors-appears-to-admit-physically-attacking-ex-grace-jabbari-in-text-messages-entered-into-evidence-8413470?utm_term=65735a9560152800018a7dbd&utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_medium=social&utm_content=new&utm_source=twitter.com

Jonathan Majors Appears to Admit Physically Attacking Ex Grace Jabbari in Text Messages Entered Into Evidence

In text messages between Jonathan Majors and accuser Grace Jabbari, the Marvel actor appears to admit to physical violence against his now-ex — six months before Majors was arrested in March and charged with assault in a separate domestic violence case.

“I fear you have no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital,” Majors, 34, texted Jabbari, 30, in September 2022. “They will ask you questions, and as I don’t think you actually protect us, it could lead to an investigation even if you do lie, and they suspect something.”

In that message, Majors also stated “it’s just fake" — but based on the messages put into evidence, it was not clear what he was calling "fake" and no context was provided in court.

Yeah, this is not looking good.

Even with things looking like they might turn around some time ago, it was still sketchy to me that his talent agency dropped him. You don't drop guaranteed Marvel movie income like that unless it's serious. But if this shit is true, his career is a wrap (at least for now).

Edited by axeman61

Reeeeally gonna need people to look at shit in context before the end up going to deep into the woke field that they comes around to being offensive.  This article could have easily have not been written by anyone who bothered to look at this kid in that space for at least 5 minutes but nope...someone just had to glance at this and go "PEOPLE COULD POTENTIALLY BE PISSED ABOUT THIS AND I'D BE THE FIRST TO REPORT ON IT!" after doing a cursory glance.  SMH.

I also really don't fucking understand "They're indicting him to protect him" 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

So...by that logic all those indictments brought up on Trump are to protect him.  Is that what you're saying sir?  I refuse to believe that Comer believes any of what is coming out of his mouth.  There's no way.

I'm so disappointed in Johnathan Majors right now...I'm still waiting for this shit to come to court so we finally get this laid to rest but there was another wild allegation that his ex brought up and supposedly there's a recording to go with it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67635645

Things are starting to look stacked against him right now...

12 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I got a feeling that new Crazy taxi would be a GTA like game

And the new Golden Axe as a open world instead of a beatem up

What are your thoughts? Correct me if Im wrong and di missed out?

I didn't get that impression at all. Crazy Taxi looks like crazy taxi. It looks like their is multiplayer mode where one player can be a cop chasing the multiple players in their taxi's to try to prevent them from reaching their stops on time.

Golden Axe just looked like classic Golden Axe in 3D. The environments presented were limited in scope and hardly open world. It looks to be  3 player online. As you can briefly see three player characters on screen during the trialer.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I wasn't expecting to wake up today and see a fresh new top 5 contender for "most pathetic thing I've ever seen in my life":

🤣Goddamn.

I saw Grok show up and in my twitter feed and ask for a subscription for it but I didn't know what it was so I just went about my business.  Didn't know it was one of those A.I. things.  This is pretty dumb and petty lol and the fact that the had to force the A.I. to give an answer that it didn't learn says a lot.

That clip of the mom twerkin was another little insight into the lowered standards of society.  Previously, women had at least some level of "shame" about certain things but that's seemingly gone right out the window.  Her son is there at whatever event that was, and there she was twerkin that big ass on a dude like a stripper that's "working" a customer for tips.... in front of everyone with cameras around as well. 😆  I'm surprised she didn't also have the usual "uniform" ghetto-trash items on like the bonnet and perhaps some pajama bottoms with house-shoes.  Oh but I'm sure we're to pretend this type of bitch is a "rarity" though (despite what those of us in certain cities see every day in person, btw...supposed to ignore what's right there in reality for all to see)... we're not supposed to notice that any shred of decency and class has gone right out the window quite some time ago (never to return).  Check out the famous trashy bitches a lot of them seem to hype up currently--- Sexy Red and Sukihana...a girl with a literal "dooky panties" situation going on.  edit---oh yeah and there was also that senator from Rhode Island that was twerkin upside down in a bikini, on camera for votes.  Bringing up reality is probably considered "toxic" to do though, of course.

At least the general decline of our society makes for amazing entertainment value; it's fun to watch and see just how far the shit-stained crazy train goes.  I'm sure the aliens are also wondering "ooh, what's going to happen on the next episode???  This is too damn good..." *insert usual popcorn gif

Edited by MillionX
On 12/4/2023 at 6:18 PM, HD-Man said:

So Birdman (yes THAT Birdman) is down here shooting a music video, and chicks is trynna ditch their boyfriends and husbands to go see him. 😭😭😂😂😂

You mean Baby?

On another note. The finals for the Champions Chess Tour. Wesley is in the lead so far:

phpXeUbnw.png

phppwhu4k.png

EDIT:

Talk about bad luck. Escaped one invasion (Ukraine) just to escape another invasion (Israel)

Edited by Jion_Wansu

It would naturally be much worse if it's a loose diarrhea shit....imagine a large juicy mess blob floating around in the shuttle...haha complete with a floating corn kernel or 2...and that random spinach leaf.

...and this reminded me oddly enough---that movie "The Blob" is on my list of things to get whenever I see a 4k disc of it again; I vaguely remember seeing that Best Buy had it so perhaps on the next trip before they stop selling physical media soon.  It would also be nice to have a 4k of the movie "The Stuff".

Edited by MillionX

The universe saw me laughing at losers trying to nudge an AI into being transphobic. It saw me say it's in the top 5 pathetic things I've ever seen in my life.

It decided to serve me more stuff, like YouTube.

I watched the video (not linking), and it's even sadder (funnier for me, sadder for most people) than what the above implies. Tyrone's girl (of many years) always wanted to go to Disneyland. With him specifically. He's saying he can't support Disney because it's woke now (he doesn't say woke, but says enough for you to read between the lines), so he's not taking her. Maybe she can go with a friend. I'm speculating, but maybe it'll be on his dime. By the way, she's right beside him in the video. She doesn't seem that sad about it at least.

This sounds sad to most people, but to me...

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

This nigga is in his mid-forties, and is not taking his multi-year girlfriend to Disneyland because Disney is woke now. This, despite him being easily able to afford it through YouTube bucks. Something's wrong with me, because I should be sad at this shit, but I can't stop laughing.

25 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

The universe saw me laughing at losers trying to nudge an AI into being transphobic. It saw me say it's in the top 5 pathetic things I've ever seen in my life.

It decided to serve me more stuff, like YouTube.

I watched the video (not linking), and it's even sadder (funnier for me, sadder for most people) than what the above implies. Tyrone's girl (of many years) always wanted to go to Disneyland. With him specifically. He's saying he can't support Disney because it's woke now (he doesn't say woke, but says enough for you to read between the lines), so he's not taking her. Maybe she can go with a friend. I'm speculating, but maybe it'll be on his dime. By the way, she's right beside him in the video. She doesn't seem that sad about it at least.

This sounds sad to most people, but to me...

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

This nigga is in his mid-forties, and is not taking his multi-year girlfriend to Disneyland because Disney is woke now. This, despite him being easily able to afford it through YouTube bucks. Something's wrong with me, because I should be sad at this shit, but I can't stop laughing.

Wasn't really a fan of his channel to start with . . . now he's doubling down with this "woke" BS. 

bitch please GIF

I just came back from Godzilla Minus 1.

Pros:

Human characters you care for. 

Serious dramatic tone

Great special fx on only a 15 M budget!

(Marvel, take heed!)

Godzilla has such a sense of weight and terror

Cons:

Noriko could have had some more development or subplot.

8.5/10

Edited by DangerousJ

More blu-ray/dvd pickups recently---- the complete Married with Children series on dvd; I've seen this at various places lately... since they're all wanting so much to erase physical media from existence I figured of course it's best to go on and get this in my collection while it is still easily possible. (it was only about 25 bucks)  I also FINALLY got that series collection of Cowboy Bebop.  

Edited by MillionX