Stage Select

The King of Fighters: Official Series Thread

Nameless was the meh of the three no contest haha.

The only interesting with Nameless was nothing else but his backstory qnd how his weapon had been.

It's kinda like in Flame of Recca's Character named Kurei.

I wouldn't mind kronen back story will be same as nameless but without the imbued girlfriend weapon and he later forgets everything.

I never cared for K9999 because he was literally Tetsuo. There have been rip off characters in fighting games before but dude wasn't even that he was just straight up copy. Krohnen is what he should have been in the first place. Yes he's still inspired by Tetsuo but at least he isn't a near one for one copy. As for Nameless, his background was interesting. Doubt we'll see resolution to that now though.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That video shows exactly why I never liked K9999. The only thing worse than being generic is being a straight up copy. To top it off they have the same VA too 🤣

I think Nameless looks cooler and it seems like most people enjoy his lore as well. I'm hoping there will be a costume or something for Krohnen that makes him look like Nameless but if not, I think Krohnen is cooler than K9999. 

18 hours ago, Volt said:

I have an intense, burning hate for non-Tetsuo for putting the final nail in the coffin when it comes to Rugal making it on the base roster.

Also, bitch is literally the "Hey man, can I copy your homework?" meme.

I was supposed to have Rugal for Christmas!!!
the-boondocks-holidays-mad.gif

Even though you're from South America you're clearly not a true KOF fan.

Every sweaty Spanish speaker and Hong Kong KOF player on Earth has basically wet themselves knowing that their boy K9999 is back.  Having K9999, Angel, and Ramon in the same game has given KOFXV more of a chance of grabbing the 02 bois than any KOF in recent history.

Nobody cares about Rugal because he's not in 2002. 😎

10 hours ago, misterBee said:

Even though you're from South America you're clearly not a true KOF fan.

Every sweaty Spanish speaker and Hong Kong KOF player on Earth has basically wet themselves knowing that their boy K9999 is back.  Having K9999, Angel, and Ramon in the same game has given KOFXV more of a chance of grabbing the 02 bois than any KOF in recent history.

Nobody cares about Rugal because he's not in 2002. 😎

874078908440522812.png?size=128

Also, this is a country where people may or may not have been stabbed for picking Rugal on arcades. Of course I want him. The salt will give me life.

17 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

So uh, further datamines came out just a few hours ago and they confirm the leaks

I'm not gonna mention them here for obvious reasons but... yeah, not quite feeling the choices SNK made in terms of roster expansions

Yeah, it's the one I've seen before and I share some of your disappointment. 

Spoiler

No Kim, Vice, or Mature. I wanted Adelheid back. No dice there. It's cool that there is a Garou team. I just wish Marco was on it. At least there is no American Sports Team. Because fuck Lucky Glauber.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, it's the one I've seen before and I share some of your disappointment. 

totally...

Spoiler

I mean, shit, there HAS to be more than that, right? If there are already datamines for 4 full DLC teams then it means they're in production and could even be day 1 release or something, or like omega rugal being a pre-order bonus 

It's hella strange to me that up until now Kim for example was in every single KOF title but not now. Either something considerably changed between XIV and XV, or there will be additional DLC teams beyond what's leaked so far. That's my copium take anyway

Plus we don't know how far away XVI is or what SNK's fighting game department is planning next (battle colliseum, another samsho, last blade 3, garou 2, whatever)

Thankfully I'm at least somewhat settled on a team already even before release but...yeah, 

There’s one thing that really bothers me with the leak.

Spoiler

And that’s Kula teaming up with Ángel and Krohnen. It’ll probably be explained better in the full game but Kula allying with the two people that tried to kill her mother figure because they bribed her with ice cream is straight up stupid. 

And also I am surprised that many of 14’s newcomers didn’t make it back. I know most of them were not favorites but it’s still weird to see. Can’t  see anyone of them coming back as DLC. Personally, I will miss Sylvie, Nelson, and Hein.

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

There’s one thing that really bothers me with the leak.

Hide contents

And that’s Kula teaming up with Ángel and Krohnen. It’ll probably be explained better in the full game but Kula allying with the two people that tried to kill her mother figure because they bribed her with ice cream is straight up stupid. 

And also I am surprised that many of 14’s newcomers didn’t make it back. I know most of them were not favorites but it’s still weird to see. Can’t  see anyone of them coming back as DLC. Personally, I will miss Sylvie, Nelson, and Hein.

Spoiler

Well, the reality was rewritten, so there is a chance that the events of previous games are not canon anymore, who knows.

30 minutes ago, Hecatom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, the reality was rewritten, so there is a chance that the events of previous games are not canon anymore, who knows.

Spoiler

True, but the special intro they have in 14 implied that what happened in KOF 2001 hasn’t been written out and the two still hate each other over it. To see that and hear they are teaming up shattered my expectations and not in a good way.

6 minutes ago, BornWinner said:
  Hide contents

True, but the special intro they have in 14 implied that what happened in KOF 2001 hasn’t been written out and the two still hate each other over it. To see that and hear they are teaming up shattered my expectations and not in a good way.

Spoiler

Yeah, but that is because everything was rewritten after the ending of KOFXIV.
Before that the only change in the timeline was everything related to Ash story and  Saiki and his organization actions.

After the defeat of Verse, the timeline was completely re arranged, hence why Ash is alive again, and i guess K9999 is back

58 minutes ago, BornWinner said:
Spoiler

It’ll probably be explained better in the full game but Kula allying with the two people that tried to kill her mother figure because they bribed her with ice cream is straight up stupid. 

Spoiler

Ah, the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days tech.

"Ice cream solves everything and it's an adequate substitute for actual plot and characterization."

I wasn't expecting to see it in KoF.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, but that is because everything was rewritten after the ending of KOFXIV.
Before that the only change in the timeline was everything related to Ash story and  Saiki and his organization actions.

After the defeat of Verse, the timeline was completely re arranged, hence why Ash is alive again, and i guess K9999 is back

Timeline wasn't rearranged. Killing Verse just revived everyone.

Spoiler

So those leaks... 

It seems like XV is following XIV's philosophy of being the sum of parts of KOF's whole history ala 98/02 and it's a bit disappointing but I was already a bit deflated when the character select screen was revealed. 

Also I can't forgive SNK for ruining Maxima's handsome face and turning him into the "Hi, I'm Paul" monkey, that and Vanessa's overly lanky arms and her hair not matching with her face. Elizabeth looks stellar at least and it's a good thing they based it off her XIII looks instead of XI. 

Edited by N-Tactix

Still trying to figure out who the fuck to play this weekend.

I'll at least try to try out everyone, but likely sticking with Ryo/K', and maybe Isla or Meitenkun.

I doubt I'll be smart enough to play her right, but I kinda wish I could run Blue Mary. Xiaohai made her look hella fun and busted in 14.

I was bored mostly with this beta roster. Isla is really good but wasn’t super fun for me. Blue Mary was prob my favourite out of the bunch to run, but probably not bothering with her past the beta.

But I still played for as long as I could, and honestly the netcode was better than the first beta. Seems like they’re actually really taking in feedback and making things better.

I think this is gonna be a great release.

3 hours ago, MP_ said:

I was bored mostly with this beta roster. Isla is really good but wasn’t super fun for me. Blue Mary was prob my favourite out of the bunch to run, but probably not bothering with her past the beta.

But I still played for as long as I could, and honestly the netcode was better than the first beta. Seems like they’re actually really taking in feedback and making things better.

I think this is gonna be a great release.

Exactly my thoughts.  The beta 1 characters were way more fun imo.  Everyone seemed to be using some combination of K, Terry, Blue Mary, Krohnen and Ryo.  Isla was rare and I barely fought any Meitenkun  or Antonov.  

Blue Mary also ended up being my favourite but none were nearly as fun for me as Kyo, Chris and Yashiro.  Looking forward to the full roster when the game launches.  

I had a fucking blast messing around in the first beta. Iori was fun, Chris was insane, really there was a lot more to explore than in this one. Shun’ei also surprisingly piqued my interest.

Antonov was unsurprisingly useless and relegated to masochists like KojiKOG.

Now can the next beta have Yuri please?