Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

6 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

I've never had good online play experience in Xtekken on PS3 - it was constant lagging, trleports, slow downs, and other wonderful things 

Well the problem is that you were playing on PS3.  PSN TODAY even after you have to pay for it is still mad sus unless it's Strive and maybe KOFXV from what I've heard.

Edited by Psychoblue
26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You are not alone and @Mattatsucan you that I actually play Elena in SF3. I didn't magically pretend to main her when she appeared in Shit Fighter IV.

Personally i just love the character as character design/martial art so i hope Elena to be part of SF6/SF future

But i ever get replies of people getting crazy over it as if is IMPOSSIBLE split the character (as design etc) and past gameplay problems lmao

Guess on general problem is FGC usually have low faith in developers being able/willing to fix where they fuck up (and FGC have a point there), so they want ever to stay as far as possible from shit that caused problems in the past...  wich i can understand but i still want nice shit lol

Elena in SFIV just abused every bad design decision the game had.

Long range low risk Lights that lead to full Combos into Oki. Check
Wonky weird hit and hurtboxes all around. Check

Good abuse of Focus Mechanic. Check
Has a very stupid Ultra to abuse the Ultra mechanic. Check

For some reason has a almost fullscreen Projectile Punish. Check

As long as they don't give her healing tied to a comeback mechanic and a halfscreen Jab, she should be fine.

15 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Elena is nowhere close to an actual problem design. Only character that has been a legitimate issue across multiple SFs has been Akuma. Elena at the last of USF4 was more an accident than a problem with her.

Now if we wanna talk about people who spend their lives being completely bores on a game, have you seen Zero in any VS series? 😂

I still want to know what idiot thought making Healing an Ultra instead of Super was a good idea.  I mean we, people that actually played Elena in SF3, thought Spinning Beat and Brave Dance would be her Ultras. Healing being anything but a Super never crossed our minds.

47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The battle designer was just an idiot. It would be like mapping Genei Jin to the Ultra mechanic. 

Healing wasn't that good in 3S tbh. Her issues were more accidental than anything else.

Bafael had a good vid explaining how silly Elena got at the end. But she is also one of the reasons why these super large roster games are a pain in the ass. Something will usually get out of hand because there's so many characters.

This last season of SF5 seems to have dodge that bullet. Albeit mostly because of how constrained the tools. They've been really careful with certain things. Which bodes well for SF6.

44 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Healing wasn't that good in 3S tbh. Her issues were more accidental than anything else.

You weren't Healing near as often in SF3. In SFIV thanks to their stupidity, they tied a Health Regen move to meter that builds quickly as you lose health. To make matters worse you could Focus cancel to build meter while having recoverable life. Top players, like Gamerbee, could using Healing multiple times a round like clockwork. Or just strategically hold onto and use it to timer scam people. Then you throw the weird ass hitboxes she had into the loop and you end up with weird character pretending to be Elena in SFIV.

Edit: When it comes to SF3. I only used Healing when I was trolling people. If I'm not using Spinning Beat, then I'm clearly just fucking around.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I didn't magically pretend to main her when she appeared in Shit Fighter IV.

Oh thank god, a real ELENA main 😒

On the subject of healing in 3S, it's bad because the screen is 4:3 and I can helicopter over and double DP you. Hold that shit, among other things.

She's one of the most beautiful characters in SF design-wise, but I hope they change up the shitty formula with her from SF3 and 4. I'd love to see her back, just rarely in play. Kind of like Sodom. Does anyone REALLY know how to play him? Hell no. I want that for her.

Edited by Dayaan
3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Cody's turn 😄

LOT of stuff going on with him (even if to be fair lot we already figured out back to launch day), i think with Chun Li and Poison he may be the one with most references i think to have found

cody1_by_damodega_df04pq4-fullview.jpg?t

cody2_by_damodega_df04pqx-fullview.jpg?t

cody3_by_damodega_df04prl-fullview.jpg?t

cody4_by_damodega_df04ps3-fullview.jpg?t

Why would Cody have a Castlevania reference?  A modernish 'vania reference at that.

Like, are these refs you post real or just internet fun? 

31 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Why would Cody have a Castlevania reference?  A modernish 'vania reference at that.

"Real" in the sense that they put tons of these in SFV and -i hope- i'm guessing them right for internet fun, only thing we can do unless Capcom give us official complete list of cameos/reference they did... wich would be awesome, because many times they gone take cool stuff

Sometimes they're clear as sun (due visual or theme) sometimes can only guess, i count some -hopefully small- % or error as part of the thing 😄

For what's worth i try to stick to stuff i feel kinda sure, so hope that % to stay low lol

In that case i mostly followed color scheme

Btw the fact G have not only 1 but 2 colors from fucking Doraemon or Ed having a color from a japanese baseball team (both hinted by Capcom site), should sideline any Cody Castlevania problem lol, they just gone crazy with this shit 😂

Worst ones are those that they half ass done with errors, example "SF1 Ryu" have completely wrong headband and gloves, but still on the site they listed it as SF1 Ryu (wich effectively is even used in SF1 Arcade mode) 

Edited by CESTUS III
44 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Is not like people working on the video game industry...

... check notes...

... Arent fans of other ips not only for the company they work but from multiple media.

Nope, it can't be that.

10648.png

Edited by Hecatom
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I still want to know what idiot thought making Healing an Ultra instead of Super was a good idea.  I mean we, people that actually played Elena in SF3, thought Spinning Beat and Brave Dance would be her Ultras. Healing being anything but a Super never crossed our minds.

That shit always baffled me.

Healing was "balanced" on 3s because it was tied to the super meter.

So it made sense that it would have been the same for SFIV, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, someone smoked peyote that day because that shit didn't make a lick of sense if you were sober.

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

Oh thank god, a real ELENA main 😒

It was riff on all the people the claimed to play SF3 back in the day when half of them don't even know about New Generation and Second Impact. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the games popularity jumped post EVO Moment 37, just tired of the unnecessary BS. If I had a dollar for every time someone said "There was a SF3" when SFIV launched, I could take an unpaid week off work and not lose a dime of income. Of course it's not just a SF3 thing. People claim to hate shotos while requesting "Good Samaritan Akuma" and "Serious Dan"  as character additions.  😑

20 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It was riff on all the people the claimed to play SF3 back in the day when half of them don't even know about New Generation and Second Impact. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the games popularity jumped post EVO Moment 37, just tired of the unnecessary BS. If I had a dollar for every time someone said "There was a SF3" when SFIV launched, I could take an unpaid week off work and not lose a dime of income. Of course it's not just a SF3 thing. People claim to hate shotos while requesting "Good Samaritan Akuma" and "Serious Dan"  as character additions.  😑

I wish I could find all the memes and gifs that were made when SFIV was announced and people were making fun about those who didn't know that sf3 was a thing 🤣

I am sure that they are there in one of the hdds of my servers but i am too lazy to run a search right now, 😅

handicap characters are waste of slot and a game design that didn't aged well in modern fighting game.

random select should had been dedicated for that or a twelve copy mode should had been made instead  to access version of a character without any super art as a purposely designed weaker version.

Poor Sean he deserve better, while you can see their bias upon Luke to make him an instant favorite to play with.

52 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I usually would call bullshit on that since you can see on the previous games that was not their intent.

To me it sounds like something made up with time to try to justify their fuck up.

... But then again, they made Dan crap on multiple games due the "joke" and the Twins strong on Arcade Edition, so it is plausible 🤣

Plus from what we know, the team behind the SF3 series was kind of inexperienced at the time.

But it seems like a dumb decision to make when your game is barely lingering at the time.

Also, it would make "sense" if it was a bonus char for a console port, but he was made weak for the arcade version, with no sight for a console port for years.

31 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

What I heard a while ago is that a LOT of people played Sean in 2I, and Capcom wanted more character variety, so they beat him with the nerf hammer

Believe it or not Sean was only considered the second best character in 2I. Ibuki was considered the best. They both got hit with the nerf bat, but Sean jumped in front of Ibuki took some of the damage for her 😉

What i hate about their overcorrection with the nerfs they gave him is that they reduced Sean to meme status in the lore, and now he is Dan tier of waste of space when he shows up in games and media.

Just look at how he is portrayed on SFV.

I wonder if they will move on from the extra goofiness that the SF series has post sf4.

I know it has never been serious, but with 4 onwards it has become too much.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey, man, I get the joke being referenced, I'm just a scrub at fighting Elena in 3rd Strike, so the mere mention of her bodies my mental. I'm going through that phase now though with 3rd Strike where a bunch of people love it, but don't know what makes it so impossible at a high level.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

SF5 story mode Sean is younger than 2i Sean.

Yeah terrible decision for Capcom they aged up other SF3 cast to fit them in SF4 with the other popular SF characters

and they also instantly aged ED

then made Sean distance from everyone and even his supposed colleagues. its like they really messed him up. 

Shinkiro's art is godlike nowadays, and to think I kinda hated it as a kid 

And I'd like to think this latest KOF X SF collab is yet another indication the two companies are on friendly terms again. Not saying it guarantees CVS3 but I feel it's a good sign atleast 👀

44 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

And I'd like to think this latest KOF X SF collab is yet another indication the two companies are on friendly terms again. Not saying it guarantees CVS3 but I feel it's a good sign atleast 👀

CVS2 remaster?

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

Why Ryu can't move pass Satsu no Hado? 

UMVC3 already got Hado Kakusei which is better

Satsu no Hado should never be Ryu's best form, he already had overcome and surpass it's strength and power

Capcom should stop lingering Ryu to always internal conflict, his too old and it had been too long for that. 

YHq9HX0.png