Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

New SW was basically full of them punting things. So I look at what they set up and see where it could've gone if they'd had it make sense. Out of all the starts Finn had the best, Poe was second, Rey is alright, Kyle is w/e to me. 

Kyle is kind of overrated the whole series tbh.  Finn could've easily had a whole ass single movie to his character, Disney is just cowards. 

Storm Trooper who refused to shoot is just an amazing start to a SW story. 

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Finn could've easily had a whole ass single movie to his character, Disney is just cowards. 

Yep them damn near shrinking him off the Chinese Force Awakens poster showed that. All for a country that gives zero fucks about Star Wars and has practically told Hollywood to kick rock in the past 18 months. Disney bent over backwards, kissed China's ass, and have nothing to show for it now.

Finn deserved much better.

The Trilogy should have been about him, a Storm Trooper defecting from the remnants of the Empire to become a Jedi is forever the most wasted potential ever.

Disney fucked up by focusing on maRey sue

Imagine, an ex Storm Tropper now Jedi trained by Luke facing his nephew turned into the dark side, and being his ex boss.

The potential for the story is endless, the kind of narrative that you can build around that.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yep them damn near shrinking him off the Chinese Force Awakens poster showed that.

That's cool though, his black ass didn't need to be there in the first place. Diversity hires making projects worse and all that.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's cool though, his black ass didn't need to be there in the first place. Diversity hires making projects worse and all that.

No he didn't not if he was going to be disrespected and treated like garbage. I mean classic Looney Tunes characters had black characters too. They were disrespectful caricatures but hey representation right. I mean who needs characters like Lando, Sisko, Mace Windu, and Geordi La Forge when we can have Finn yell "REEYYYY!!" for 120 minutes. 🙄

Look it ain't his fault China doesn't like black people.

They still put his ass in two other whole movies. If Disney cared about the issue China has with black actors they wouldn't have hired him at all.

Might be the reason why there's nobody black in Rogue One though. 

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

He wasn't disrespected. Whole movie was incompetent.

Best thing about Boyega's casting was his constant dunking on SW Fans for the runs of the movie. Then ending the whole affair with "You're not gonna Disney Plus Me!"

What a Gawd.

Boyega doesn't feel that way. He called out Disney for the disrespectful way his character was handle. Both within the film and marketing. It was bad enough to strain his relationship with the studio. Oscar Isaac backed him up on it.

41 minutes ago, Sonero said:

They did every character dirty. It wasn't just a Finn thing.

A lot of the writing in that movie sucks.

That is what happens when the studio doesn't have a plan, and just let each director to make whatever they want.

Jar Jar Abrams with his usual dumbassery of the mistery box that leads to nothing

And Ruin Johnson with his lets subvert expectations ass, trying to build something with the little that Jar Jar left him.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Off the top of my head the only character that was jobbed as hard as Finn was Hux.

Phamsa did fuck all and was heavily advertised.

Poe had a half assed storyline.

Luke was meh all throughout TLJ.

Rose had all that screen time in TLJ and then got unceremoniously punted in the 3rd movie.

Kylo was set up to take over and then they went "Nah palpatine came back".

Hell they wanted Rey to fall in love Kylo until both Daisy and Adam Driver told them that it'd be fucked up.

Good times talking about those films and how wack they were. Either way, wasn't exclusive to Finn.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Good times talking about those films and how wack they were. Either way, wasn't exclusive to Finn.

Everything about those movies was totally fucked by incompetence at every level true, but I think Boyega was especially mad bc out of everyone he had the most evidence that he was eating shit not just bc leadership sucked but bc he was black lol

10 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Rose had all that screen time in TLJ and then got unceremoniously punted in the 3rd movie.

Hell they wanted Rey to fall in love Kylo until both Daisy and Adam Driver told them that it'd be fucked up.

Phamasa had manufactured hype trying to make her into the next Boba Fett. They fucked up trying to market that rather than having it occur naturally.

Poe was written to be an incompetent idiot. Even with that he still ended up being the hot shot pilot the resistance needed to turn things around when it was all said and done. Being made a fool of to a purple haired bitch was the worst he had to put up with 

Rose was a character used to push a message the second movie didn't need and amounted to nothing. Being punted was inevitable as her character existed just for that.

Luke was ruined but at least there other Star Wars material for the character to fall back on like the Mandalorian to set him back on track.

This isn't that fucked shit was exclusive to Finn. He had it the worst of the core cast. 

27 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Luke

Rose

The moment i realized 2/5 of S5 was in SW shit movie, not bad at all

Street Fighter V - Season 5 Character Pass

Also Oro would whip everybody's scifi ass

57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Off the top of my head the only character that was jobbed as hard as Finn was Hux.

Yeah

It was clear that he was set up as Kylo's equal in terms of rank on the Last Order military structure, someone to be taken seriously, you could see it on how both Kylo and Hux bounced at each other, and were always present when discussing shit with Snooke (another wasted character), then Ruin came and turned him into a joke.

Is like So Uncivilized said, the DT is an anti trilogy, each director trying to correct what came before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtArKawnWNI

9 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

@delete_meJust uploaded a few days ago.  Best Rose vs. Gill

Well that looks like the complete opposite of how my matches against him usually go. The thing is I'm too bad to notice what the difference in approach is (other than Gill players on my rank being way more YOLO than this guy). But it's a matchup I'll pay more attention to whenever I run into it in the future, I'm obviously missing something because he looked helpless there.

12 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

whoever in charge with their community or some sort of community manager knows how their community is into or did research a lot

KrispyKaiser handles a lot of the community organization and he's really good. I hope they pay him well because he does a lot of work, and good work at that, considering some of the clowns he has to deal with sometimes.

Edit, apparently that's a real pizzaria 😂

https://twitter.com/helsic/status/1506091126276902912?s=20&t=itU6yDStZFfNoloh1q3CfA

Edited by DoctaMario
11 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

KrispyKaiser handles a lot of the community organization and he's really good. I hope they pay him well because he does a lot of work, and good work at that, considering some of the clowns he has to deal with sometimes.

SF need a person like him or something like that

Someone that can see through the real needs and wants

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Edit, apparently that's a real pizzaria 😂

https://twitter.com/helsic/status/1506091126276902912?s=20&t=itU6yDStZFfNoloh1q3CfA

Yeah I have a flyer of that Pizzaria.
If you can prove that you're evil, you get discount.

10 hours ago, delete_me said:

Well that looks like the complete opposite of how my matches against him usually go. The thing is I'm too bad to notice what the difference in approach is (other than Gill players on my rank being way more YOLO than this guy). But it's a matchup I'll pay more attention to whenever I run into it in the future, I'm obviously missing something because he looked helpless there.

Half the reason lower and higher rank matches look so different is precisely because of the yolo disappearing.  This is true of all FGs. 

Yolo is usually punishable on block, even if just with jab into whatever.  Learn the framedata, get that jab xx punish into your lizard brain, and if he's yolo with EX moves then just keep blocking, he's wasted a bar for nothing.  He'll run out of bar and return to unsafe yolo soon enough. 

Also I think Gil has difficulty dealing with heavy pressure?  Like, it's one of his designed weaknesses. Your yolo guy will likely hang himself with parry attempts once its your turn to harass.

gl!  I don't play that game at all!  🙃 

14 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Also I think Gil has difficulty dealing with heavy pressure?  Like, it's one of his designed weaknesses. Your yolo guy will likely hang himself with parry attempts once its your turn to harass.

Implying Rose could do heavy pressure.🥲

But yeah, his defense isn't great, depending on the situation he kind of has to gamble with a parry. On the other hand if he lands that parry and goes into V-Trigger from there that can be a big momentum shift.

I played against another Gill yesterday and beat him, mostly trying to bait the random Lariats and not going into fake reactable blockstrings with fireball. It annoys me that I'd have to unlock him to practice these lariat punishes because I think he can space the normal one to make it safe against Rose. I know there's nothing coming to the game anymore but it still feels like a waste to blow 1k FM on a character I'd never use.