Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

38 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Another cool thing is that they've made Fighting Chance costumes purchasable with Fight Money. I'm so happy about that.

...please don't tell me that counts for colours as well? I recently blew 150k FM into that garbage system to get Rose's shiny silver colour.

7 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

The Spiral Arrow nerf is fukkin stupid. It literally makes no sense and is damn near impossible to make the 2 hits connect.

Remember all those convos on the SF5 Lounge on SRK on how to go about nerfing Cammy? The main one being that you could let he have the damage from HK Arrow but letting her damage and oki was kinda silly?

Anyways here's wonderwall:

Can confirm that Akira ex.elbow xx VT2 stuff is even grosser than I thought- she also gets stuff off it even when the VTC has already been used, so basically she can keep doing it over and over while she still has meters.

That's less grimy though than Alex VS2 headbutt xx special xx super.  For those not following at home, they gave Alex a combo route to super off his leaping command grab.  Full screen command grab into 470 damage.

Edited by Reticently
6 hours ago, delete_me said:

...please don't tell me that counts for colours as well? I recently blew 150k FM into that garbage system to get Rose's shiny silver colour.

To quote myself, yes you can. So the colour that cost me 150k FM is now available for 10k. Good thing I have all the characters I'd ever want to play.

On a more positive note, Akira's Qipao looks amazing and has stellar secondary colours as well. I'm actually pondering whether I should buy it even though I don't play her anymore.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

That's less grimy though than Alex VS2 headbutt xx special xx super.  For those not following at home, they gave Alex a combo route to super off his leaping command grab.  Full screen command grab into 470 damage.

Alex players after the patch....

Edit: @Soneromust have sent in some Zeku suggestions. He got some good shit too.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Luke is a degenerate and so awful to play against, I hope he gets the Sean treatment for SFVI.

Played some games earlier, despite receiving numerous buffs I think there's only two that actually improves Rose's gameplay and that's the -4 on her st.HP and being able to combo into heavy Spiral from cr.MP. Everything else is nice to have but doesn't shift any matchups in any direction.

VT2 users might see a bit more good stuff on her side but I don't plan on abandoning the versatility of VT1.

9 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Luke is a degenerate and so awful to play against, I hope he gets the Sean treatment for SFVI.

Consider Street Fighter 5 saved, homie.

No need to thank me for letting you all know what was going to be good.

🙏

If Luke's good in SFIV I hope he dies in the story mode at least. Give me the satisfaction of watching that obnoxious smile turn into a lifeless gaping hole.

Edit: two random things about the update:

If you're playing on a base PS4, don't turn on Cel Shading for training mode. For some reason it adds to the processing workload and the system sounds like it's starting its engine for a trip to the moon after only a few seconds. I presume that's the reason why you can't use it online.

Secondly, don't buy the tracksuit colours. They mention in the description that they'll all unlock for free after CPT2022. So if anything only get your favourites, but stay away from the 100k FM bundle.

Edited by delete_me
5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

After these Alex buffs I know he won't want to see me in another ft10. 

I can probably still cook you even with all these buffs Alex got. Capcom didn't fix the netcode so they basically made sure you could still get Ws in this game.

:coffee:

38 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Secondly, don't buy the tracksuit colours. They mention in the description that they'll all unlock for free after CPT2022. So if anything only get your favourites, but stay away from the 100k FM bundle.

I was under the impression they gave us the tracksuit colours with the update.  I'd never actually spend FM on them.  That's good to know they unlock eventually.  

54 minutes ago, Sonero said:

No escape from what?

You brought up that ft10 before and/or that  somehow ducking you. I haven't ducked a single person in either SRK or here. 

I'm literally playing strive every day. Not exactly hard to find.

You're on console. I'm a PC boy. Once cross play comes to Strive you will b clapped in that game too

5 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Just got my 30+ streak snatched. Sheesh.

Still not quite 100 games in, but I feel comfortable with the new Cammy. I feel like I've played her long enough to vibe with her regardless of what changes she gets.

It's all about adapting. 

Are you still rocking with VT2? Have you tried Rose out?

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Are you still rocking with VT2? Have you tried Rose out?

Yeah, I'm still on VT2. I ain't never switching back. Been like a whole yr since I last used it.

The new Rose feels great. I love the stMK special cancels and the EX Soul Punish VT cancels. Her stHP and Fwrd MK aren't as terrible on block anymore either.

Some neat Rose things that now work that I hadn't considered from just reading the patch notes: 

Cr. hp combos into hp fireball naturally, which is +4 so you can go into the target combo.

The special cancel on EX soul bind means you can now juggle with heavy spiral after, but I personally think dropping a close soul punish is even better. If they quick rise, you're +2, in throw range, with a soul punish mine right behind them. I'm trying to figure out some setups in case they don't quick rise.

I'm probably going to stick with VT1 as well. VT2 still looks like a lot of work for little reward unless you can raw-activate punish a dp or jump in. I'm gonna mess around with the cards though.

Edit: Also she can land a sweep after a CC back heavy kick.

Edited by Yiceman
9 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

SFV was always the worst for me for the first couple of days after a big update… Not saying its online is great to begin with, but it may be closer to what you’re used to in a few days

Yeah, I was thinking maybe some kind of extra stress on the servers due to the many players checking out the update. Which really shouldn't happen, but oh well.