Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Posted (edited)

yep it's old news at this point but Luke had to make a vid and I was compelled to watch.... the final act in the disaster that was Redfall.

...astounding how far off the rails this went for me; I was all in when first hearing of it...and then every piece of info I kept finding out just got worse and worse as time went on.

People who got that "Bite Back" special edition will get refunds apparently since the planned extra content will never be made.

Interesting...he tried V-Rising recently

Edited by MillionX
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, iStu X said:

@Chadouken

Yeah dude,  I kept up with all that.  Poo was covering it on his channel.  Pretty awesome that someone beat it without tools! 

I actually don't agree with the message this video is sending.  It was pretty damn huge when it got beat,  especially because it was a TAS level.  And the whole weird drama is fitting specifically for Mario Maker because of how much hot garbage the game has 😂

Edited by Chadouken

🤣🤣🤣

I take a week off of looking at this dude's twitter (just to laugh at him) and come back to this gold. There's no limit to the grinding this dude will do on that pole to appease whoever believes in this shit.

His game is still nowhere in sight BTW.

I saw that in my feed and couldn't even tell what the difference was between the 2 until i realize he just smoothed out her face (removed her cheek bones) and put lipstick on her.  Shit is dumb as hell.  Some women have strong facial features, are not trans and are still considered attractive.  They don't see any irony in pushing their own standards on what is attractive being the same dumb shit as the people throwing a fit when someone designs a woman with curves.

I still don't get how the switch that says "I look like a complete fucking loser crying about this" doesn't flick. There's some stuff that - even if you had a point (they don't) - looks plain silly to be complaining about or "fixing".

I'm a moron with social cues and what people find acceptable. If I cared about that stuff on that level, even I wouldn't dare voice it to people. But you have these losers loud and proud on the internet. I can't do shit but just laugh.

Posted (edited)

I'm really over this nonsense with Hades 2. Nothing needed to be said, just let them be cooked by their own hypocrisy. Stanning for a naked character while spending months bitching about a character in skin tight clothes is damning enough. I mean this people are using "safe horny". Just stop it. Stop giving validation to these inconsistent ass hats already. I like Baldur's Gate 3 it was my GOTY for last year. I have over 300 hours into that game. I like Stellar Blade, I'm taking my time getting through the game because I enjoy it. There is nothing in Stellar Blade that comes close to approaching the debauchery of BG3. So if you see someone bitching about one, while praising the other. They are a dumb ass, ignore, them and stop giving them attention. At the end of the day when it comes to Hades 2, just like with BG3 and Stellar Blade the only thing that matters is the quality of the game.

Edit: Posting art "fixing" Aphrodite in Hades 2 is just as out of pocket and stupid as when clowns on the other end were "fixing" artwork they didn't like. I still remember this nonsense and the people happy about the Aphrodite edit were crushing the dumb ass that did this.

181390685_3989195194481723_6682357152263

I still love the fact that J. Scott Campbell went back and showed how the "fix" was anatomically wrong and posted a fix of their fix. Which they got butt hurt about and starting crying that he was "punching down".

E0lNONJVkAUr8Tj-1.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Posted (edited)

That's literally what I've been begging you guys to do, stop giving these idiots a second glance. Don't post Grummz here, you're giving him the clicks he wants. Same for IGN France, and that stupid Grifter chick. Grummz isn't working on a game, if he was he would be doing that instead of painting lipstick on Aphrodite like a weirdo. He's not PirateSoftware Thor on any level what so ever, no matter how much he wishes he could be. 

Stop giving these grifter fucks any attention at all. It's their Brando. It's what they craaaaave. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm really over this nonsense with Hades 2. Nothing needed to be said, just let them be cooked by their own hypocrisy. Stanning for a naked character while spending months bitching about a character in skin tight clothes is damning enough. I mean this people are using "safe horny". Just stop it. Stop giving validation to these inconsistent ass hats already. I like Baldur's Gate 3 it was my GOTY for last year. I have over 300 hours into that game. I like Stellar Blade, I'm taking my time getting through the game because I enjoy it. There is nothing in Stellar Blade that comes close to approaching the debauchery of BG3. So if you see someone bitching about one, while praising the other. They are a dumb ass, ignore, them and stop giving them attention. At the end of the day when it comes to Hades 2, just like with BG3 and Stellar Blade the only thing that matters is the quality of the ga

I know right? Imagine focusing on someone's dumb takes on their appearance instead of focusing on the gameplay. I wonder who else does that shit?

On 5/10/2024 at 12:29 AM, Sonichuman said:

People really might have to start clicking on names before responding to people lol

Supposed Switch 2 specs have been floating around in my feeds...supposedly this is coming from hardware shipment information.  Grain of salt and all that

If true I'm perfectly fine with a slightly more powerful PS4 with hopefully a decent battery.

This is all well and good, but if it's an upgrade rather than a full on new gen console, I have to wonder how much point there will be to it being that powerful when the games are still going to have to run on the OG switch.

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

This is all well and good, but if it's an upgrade rather than a full on new gen console, I have to wonder how much point there will be to it being that powerful when the games are still going to have to run on the OG switch.

If I can get TotK to run at 60 fps then I'm all in.  I'll finally be able to play it!

15 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It is an all new console. It just plays the old Switch games.

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

If I can get TotK to run at 60 fps then I'm all in.  I'll finally be able to play it!

Fair point. Sekiro running 60fps on PS5 was literally a game changer for me vs the 30 it ran on PS4.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It is an all new console. It just plays the old Switch games.

I see. It's confusing that people are calling it Switch 2 when it's not like a PS4 Pro to the Switch's PS4, but a whole  new thing.

10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Why is that weird? Isn't that like PS2, 3, 4, 5?

Am I misunderstanding? 

Sekiro in 60fps is so damn good. 

I always assumed the next switch would just be an upgrade to the current. I never expected they would put out a whole new system just yet.

And yes, I can't play Sekiro on my PS4 since I got so used to playing it in 60fps on the 5. It just feels strange to play it in 30.

5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I finished up the Stellar Blade demo and the combat seemed pretty cool, although nothing ground breaking from what I played. For the people who've been playing it, does it get pretty robust as you unlock more and more moves and abilities?

Did you play the bonus boss? They unlock all the available skills in the 3 skill trees for that fight. Get a bit of a better idea what the games actual combat pace is like. 

With that said I haven't played more then the Demo but I've watched a number of reviews and talked to friends of mine who did play and yea there's a lot more then whats in the Demo. I can't say if the added skills ad depth or creativity to combat, but I do know it gets fleshed out more in the full game. 

Posted (edited)

Double post because this is super duper fucking cool. 

Here is the GitHub for anyone who wants to try it. It's so easy my grandmother could have done it. Has rendering options, control mapping, Gyro aiming, it picked up my Duel Sense immedietly, I'm sure it supports a Pro Controller, this is really cool.

https://github.com/Mr-Wiseguy/Zelda64Recomp/releases

You need to rip/aquire your own Majoras Mask Rom tho. 

Edited by RSG3

Ah, there it is.

How are you going to make a contract that states you can’t talk negatively about this game? Criticism is a backbone to life, and you’re just going make people go “It’s fine” when you’re doing a beta? The best time to get some feedback?

This is already a weird thing to do, but it gets even more useless because everyone I have seen play it think it’s a blast. Literally the only complaints I have seen are some server issues, it being locked to PC currently, and some balancing.

18 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

On a lighter note, I nearly threw up when I saw what remix the Sonic Chronicles song is supposed to be.

Sonic Chronicles OST is just....an amazing fantastic befuddling fuck up.  I'm hoping that at some point some one takes a deep dive dissecting it and finding out how it came out the way it did.

6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I finished up the Stellar Blade demo and the combat seemed pretty cool, although nothing ground breaking from what I played. For the people who've been playing it, does it get pretty robust as you unlock more and more moves and abilities?

Yeah the combat gets more expansive as you unlock new skills.

Posted (edited)

So @Wizards_DnD  and Wizkids pulled their own version of Warhammer 40k Femstodes, claiming the Fighter on the cover of the iconic Red Book is female.

Even came out with a new miniature.

The problem is, the artist, legendary Larry Elmore, says he was always male.

8 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

The game is still new, but to add to what's been said above some tech has been discovered. I am sure there will be combo videos in the future.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Joel had it out for us last night.  Ran with my 4 man friend crew last night to kills some bots and help out the major order and within 3 minutes of dropping in the bots sent in 4-5 ships worth of reinforcements.  This was level 7 mind you.  Absolute fucking chaos the entire mission!   We're trying to get away to regroup and they are dogging the shit out of us no matter where we go.  Felt like no matter where we went there was a hulk with small army ready to bump into us and they'd just chase and call down more shit so it was just a never ending cycle.  The only thing that would have made it worse were if there werr air ships and thank god there wasn't cause they dropped enough AT-AT's.