Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It is absolutely the starting area, right after you get killed by the Grafted Sentinel. You spawn and a ghost is in a chair you to your right. Talk to him and he tells you to jump into the pit. 

She missed the tutorial area because she wandered right past the NPC that glows bright white pointing to it lol. 

Are you talking about BOTW or Elden Ring?

That part at the start of Elden Ring.  I noticed sings folk left on the ground and I read one.  "Jump off for treasure" or some shit like that.  Then there is an old ghost sitting in a chair tellin' me to jump over and learn or some shit.  I'm like "yeah, fuck that I aint fallin' for that shit.  First death in this game aint gonna be from falling.".  Turns out jumping down there leads to a tutorial like area.  cracked me up

heh, there is another area on Stormveil castle where someone left a message by the edge saying "try jumping"...I figured it was the usual trolling....turns out there actually was an area down there when I angled the camera until I could see over the side a bit.

Well, it was another weekend where I got very little sleep between Saturday and Sunday... I passed out around this afternoon at some point.  I can't get enough of this game; there's always something else that comes to mind as my next adventure.  I killed one of the dragons for the first time earlier this morning.  I'm about level 51 or so now.... 39 or 40-ish points on Int.  I also got the helm that looks like a statue head now which boosts Intelligence a little bit.  The thing I got for beating Godrick, btw... I clicked "Use" instead of getting the item rewards... the amount of runes you get from that is pretty insane... it was 27,000!  That got me 2 level-ups right there.

I look forward to doing another character already, even though this one isn't finished with story yet; more than likely it's a pure Faith build character next time.

Despite my frustrations, this game has truly been something legendary to me.

edit...and yeah, of course I'm loving all the variations of "First, try but hole." or "Fingers, but hole."  messages. 😆

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

That part at the start of Elden Ring.  I noticed sings folk left on the ground and I read one.  "Jump off for treasure" or some shit like that.  Then there is an old ghost sitting in a chair tellin' me to jump over and learn or some shit.  I'm like "yeah, fuck that I aint fallin' for that shit.  First death in this game aint gonna be from falling.".  Turns out jumping down there leads to a tutorial like area.  cracked me up

For the rest of the game you can drop the Rainbow Stones off the edge of cliff sides and such and if they shatter and make a sound it means the fall is fatal. Useful for more then just marking explored locations in dungeons 👍

Edited by RSG3

Rockstar details upcoming featurees for GTAV remaster for PS5 and Xbox SeX/SeS, screenshots within

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/03/grand-theft-auto-v-and-grand-theft-auto-online-for-ps5-xbox-series-details-new-features-improvements

Them's Fighting Herds showed up for rating with the ESRB for Xbox SeX/SeS, PS4 and 5, Switch and Xbone.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/03/esrb-rates-thems-fightin-herds-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch

Where the hell do you find the drops that you use to upgrade your summons ashes in Elden Ring?  I've had that chick unlocked and upgraded to +1 a while ago but I haven't found any more of the items needed to upgrade any further so stuck at +1 still.  I really only use the dogs so far.  

ah, apparently the "gloveworts" are the name of that material...found in catacombs, graveyards and caves.  I had to look up the name since I forgot what that resource was even called.... I've only upgraded my wolf spirts to +2 so far.

So now at level 50... I've decided to just start a regular routine of farming... I had one spot a few days ago in the eastern side of the map... that "Impassable Greatbridge" area, I think it's called... where a lot of soldiers are fighting with the large creatures that look kinda like a strange mix of a black dinosaur with a dog's head (heh, quality nightmare fuel right there; imagine seeing such a thing in real life)  Most of the soldiers are distracted by fighting those creatures, so you can easily get random cheapshots in here and there, getting all that juicy exp for barely any real effort....and the grace spot is close by so I kept respawning them for a while.

The new one I'm about to start is this:

I just killed "Grafted" so now I have that medalion from the guy that sends me there. 

edit---speaking of gloveworts....right at the start of this area I just found 9 of those things!  Hell yeah, man...

edit 2---well, nevermind; I went the wrong way at first...

Edited by MillionX

In Twenty Years, Microsoft Has Only Sold 2.3 Million Xboxes In Japan

The Xbox 360 remains Microsoft's biggest seller in the country

deda039510f108447dc2c1d648d37a34.jpg

Weekly Famitsu did a big anniversary article that looks back at the past twenty years of Xbox in Japan. It contains a number of interesting data points, such as the local lifetime sales for each Xbox console. (As VGC notes, the biggest seller has been the Xbox 360.)

Xbox: 472,992 units
Xbox 360: 1,616,1289 units
Xbox One: 114,831 units
Xbox Series X/S: 142,024 units

That’s a grand total of 2.3 million units for four different platforms over twenty years. In comparison, the original Xbox sold over 24 million globally, and the Xbox 360 sold over 84 million. To put the Xbox Japanese sales numbers in further context, domestically, Sony sold 19 million PlayStation 1s and 24 million PlayStation 2s.

This should hopefully give you an idea as to how the early Microsoft consoles faired, but even they did much better than the generations that followed. The same is true for game sales.

The top five selling games in Japan for the Xbox’s first three generations show how players’ tastes have changed over the years. For the Xbox in Japan, the biggest sellers were Dead or Alive 3 (217,149 copies), Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (127,576 copies), Halo (76,963 copies), Dead or Alive Ultimate (62,890 copies), and Ninja Gaiden (56,544 copies).

For the Xbox 360 in Japan, the top five selling games were Star Ocean 4 (208,521 copies), Tales of Vesperia (204,305 copies), Blue Dragon (203,740 copies), The Last Remnant (154,493 copies), and Kinect Adventures (154,217 copies). The biggest sellers for the Xbox One were Titanfall at 43,717 copies, Kinect Sports Rivals (25,090 copies), Halo: The Master Chief Collection (18,876 copies), Dead Rising 3 (13,987 copies), and Forza Motorsport 5 (13,140 copies).

Declining sales meant that Microsoft started skipping Japanese gaming events, but in recent years, the company has sounded much more bullish on the country than it had previously.

“Japan is our fastest-growing region worldwide,” said Xbox exec Phil Spencer in a pre-recorded message for the 2020 Tokyo Game Show. “We learn from the past.” The past is littered with disappointment, so there’s definitely a lot to learn.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Where the hell do you find the drops that you use to upgrade your summons ashes in Elden Ring?  I've had that chick unlocked and upgraded to +1 a while ago but I haven't found any more of the items needed to upgrade any further so stuck at +1 still.  I really only use the dogs so far.  

The Grave Glovewart materials are found 8n Catacomba. Higher rank in more difficult Catacombs. 

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

ah, apparently the "gloveworts" are the name of that material...found in catacombs, graveyards and caves.  I had to look up the name since I forgot what that resource was even called.... I've only upgraded my wolf spirts to +2 so far.

So now at level 50... I've decided to just start a regular routine of farming... I had one spot a few days ago in the eastern side of the map... that "Impassable Greatbridge" area, I think it's called... where a lot of soldiers are fighting with the large creatures that look kinda like a strange mix of a black dinosaur with a dog's head (heh, quality nightmare fuel right there; imagine seeing such a thing in real life)  Most of the soldiers are distracted by fighting those creatures, so you can easily get random cheapshots in here and there, getting all that juicy exp for barely any real effort....and the grace spot is close by so I kept respawning them for a while.

The new one I'm about to start is this:

I just killed "Grafted" so now I have that medalion from the guy that sends me there. 

edit---speaking of gloveworts....right at the start of this area I just found 9 of those things!  Hell yeah, man...

edit 2---well, nevermind; I went the wrong way at first...

So you can't get to this place unless you do 3 online "games" ?

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Where are the catacombs?  I must have been in one if I have a couple of em to upgrade what I've done thus far.

They are in every overworld zone. They are one of the 4 types of sub dungeons you can find in the over world. There's Catacombs, Mines, Caves and Hero's Tombs. 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

So you can't get to this place unless you do 3 online "games" ?

Yeah, that's part of the quest with that dude in the white mask...one of the first NPCs players run into.   I'm hearing some people already have questions because apparently it's possible to kill that guy... haha I never even thought about killing him, surprisingly.

Also, it's not even required to win... and I think it still counts if you were to invade someone's world and then purposely fall off a cliff in case you didn't want to bother with fighting another player or just wanted to save time (*then again, they tend to go by quickly anyway)

One little detail that seems to be missing in the power fantasy with this game----character transformations.  As far as I know, there is no alternate "super form" shenanigans going on in Elden Ring, unless you count those abilities where you temporarily get a large dragon claw or dragon head to spew fire... I'm not inclined to count that since it's only a thing that happens for the duration of 1 "move".

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Yeah, that's part of the quest with that dude in the white mask...one of the first NPCs players run into.   I'm hearing some people already have questions because apparently it's possible to kill that guy... haha I never even thought about killing him, surprisingly.

Also, it's not even required to win... and I think it still counts if you were to invade someone's world and then purposely fall off a cliff in case you didn't want to bother with fighting another player or just wanted to save time (*then again, they tend to go by quickly anyway)

One little detail that seems to be missing in the power fantasy with this game----character transformations.  As far as I know, there is no alternate "super form" shenanigans going on in Elden Ring, unless you count those abilities where you temporarily get a large dragon claw or dragon head to spew fire... I'm not inclined to count that since it's only a thing that happens for the duration of 1 "move".

Bleh that is dumb.  I am not playing online nor do I intend to, and I don't have PS+ and won't have it.  

I keep getting all these dumb fingers that are for online stuff too that are useless to me.

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

True but that is Hallmark of the SoulsBorn games. They don't give super forms or stuff it is about you mastering the game skills or breaking one of its systems. Maybe in Seikro, after sampling that combat system and all the work you have to do to break someone's guard that was a nope so I have no idea what late game stuff occurs.

Edited by Wellman

Modern "progressive" casting = someone in the industry desperately would have Zendaya or Lizzo or Billy Porter to play the role of Kratos.

heh, I keep checking back on the comments section of that latest farming method video... it's funny to see just how many people killed that npc so they can't do it; I guess there's no way to bring him back.  

*Farming method is juicy already---I just started a few minutes ago and I'm already sitting on 20k + runes 😆  I need that big splash damage spell though to kill a lot of these goons at one time... they're worth at least 2000 each!  Oh yeah, I will definitely exploit this for a while.  My character's "training arc" has begun... bumped up from 50 to 55 already

dragon ball z comics GIF

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, Wellman said:

Maybe in Seikro, after sampling that combat system and all the work you have to do to break someone's guard that was a nope so I have no idea what late game stuff occurs.

You mean you noped out? You missed out. Seriously. Should give it another go. I had to I got to the last boss and after 3 days put it down for a year. Came back later and cruised the whole game. It's so fucking good. Posture Breaking enemies honestly makes a number of the fights faster then traditional boss fights since a broken posture is a dead character/full Health Bar for a boss ( most bosses have 2 or more health bars heh.)

Anyway Sekiro does not have a super form. Dark Souls 1, 2 & 3 let you transform into an upright humanoid Dragon but it was hardly a Super Form. Demons Souls only had Soul Form. 

Bloodborne has a Glyph/Rune (Can't remember the specific name for that game) that will turn you into an upright beast but aside from a couple minor stat alterations it's just cosmetic. Looks cool as fuck tho, no lie. 

Edited by RSG3

Lost Judgment DLC coming March 28th The Kaito Files

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/03/lost-judgment-expansion-the-kaito-files-launches-march-28

Lego Skywalker Saga is getting a season pass

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/03/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-character-collection-season-pass-detailed

Can't remember if I put this earlier but Forspoken got pushed back to Oct

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/03/forspoken-delayed-to-october-11

Considering the game was going to come out in May...must of been something that pretty bad that they needed to fix.

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Fucking facts bro. I opened a chest and I sent me to an end game area with a dude I could barely damage. It's been worse for others who have found chests that teleport them into dungeons you can't warp out of till they are finished lmao. 

I can hear Miyazaki fucking laughing his ass off at his sadism.  A chest that teleports you into an unwarpable dungeon that has to be finished is cruel AF.

17 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I can hear Miyazaki fucking laughing his ass off at his sadism.  A chest that teleports you into an unwarpable dungeon that has to be finished is cruel AF.

Shortly before Elden Ring came out Miyazaki gave an interview where he was asked about the Poison Swamps. He admitted he knows the majority of his player base hates them...but that he can't help himself. 

Elden Ring has more Poison Swamps then any game he's ever made. They are fucking everywhere, and some of them, the Poison they give you is like...Poison on Steroids. Just destroys you, and you can't even ride your horse over that particular one.  You will still get infected 🤣

Edited by RSG3

The Elden adventures continue!  

I beat the 2 Crystal warriors after a while just now... took the elevator up and lo and behold... a chest with TERRA MAGICUS!!!!  I've seen this spell before, of course (35% boost to magic)....and now this power.... is MINE!

...sheeeittt, I need the weekend to be here already again, so I can put some more serious time in on this....

hmm...yeah that's NOT going to work for the Misbegotten Warrior and Crucible Knight duo...I should've figured, since that spell requires you to stay within the sigil on the ground to receive the magic bonus.  You can't afford to ever stand still in that fight for any reason....even for 1 second.  

...this is seriously one of the hardest fights I've ever encountered in all my years of gaming.  The "Warrior" isn't even too bad if you are a mage with Rock Sling skill... but the presence of the Knight makes it borderline impossible, seriously.  I've had at least 2 or 3 occasions (out of probably 50 attempts at this point) where I had Knight down to about 35-ish % of his health remaining though....but still, if you ever make ONE slight mistake against the Knight you may as well just put the controller down, it's over; there is no comeback.

Edited by MillionX

^oh yeah, Gunborg is a definite buy; I like what I see there....and apparently there will be a physical version!

In Elden Ring, I also noticed that the "Edge. Lord." npc that normally leans against the wall at the Roundtable was gone (???)...and in his place I noticed a whole set of armor with "golden bones"...it looks really cool... the helm makes it look like your character has a decayed skull face....the bonus is that your HP naturally regenerates with this and other pieces of the set on!  Unfortunately, I have to keep my current helm for the Int bonus; I have that one that looks like a statue face that goes with the Sorcerer blue robe.  I may do more farming later tonight and then take a shot at Misbegotten & Crucible Knight again.  Another detail about that fight--- things start off bad if Misbegotten Warrior decides to immediately start running over to you....that's always a bad sign....especially considering the amount of time it takes to set up with your summons and then 1 cast of Rock-Sling.  Anyway, I'll have to bump up Mind anyway since I recently noticed this is literally impossible with the amount of magic I have currently...last time I got to where it was just Knight remaining, and he was low on health, but I had no more resources at that point...no more magic flasks (currently, I have 5 for magic, and 2 or 3 for health), and none of that item that lets me regenerate it....so there was no chance then.

Meanwhile, in Diablo 3 land.. new patch notes... a new mode?!?

Edited by MillionX