Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

45 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So are they Ports of the remasters from PS360 or Remake-Remaster like TLOU1 remake is a remake but comes off more like a remaster?

I worry this post makes no sense lol. 

From what  little I've been able to find they'll  rebuilt from the ground up HD remasters.

iunno if that makes it make more sense. Sorry. 😞

Edited by iStu X
21 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I've been wondering why they haven't been just trying to HD port up the MGS older series to the newer consoles or even the Switch but I'd imagine the salt from Kojima was still burning bright.

Nis America's showcase got leaked.

Grim Grimoire getting a modern port is dope. Really good game. 

I didn't want to mention anything about this since the rumor mill just started but Jeff Grubb is also saying he's hearing the same thing.  The Nintendo Direct rumor mill is starting up again and Jeff is saying he's hearing the Direct will happen the week of the 12th.  Various different things are floating around out there including that whole Metroid Prime 1 remaster/remake/whatever.  Will it actually happen and not be be mostly not what people wanted like this summer?  Well....let's hope not.

40 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I didn't want to mention anything about this since the rumor mill just started but Jeff Grubb is also saying he's hearing the same thing.  The Nintendo Direct rumor mill is starting up again and Jeff is saying he's hearing the Direct will happen the week of the 12th.  Various different things are floating around out there including that whole Metroid Prime 1 remaster/remake/whatever.  Will it actually happen and not be be mostly not what people wanted like this summer?  Well....let's hope not.

The summer direct is usually super strong. In the Switch era some absolute bangers have been announced during the summer directs. And I’m not even counting E3 directs. 

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

The summer direct is usually super strong. In the Switch era some absolute bangers have been announced during the summer directs. And I’m not even counting E3 directs. 

I'm just talking about the expectation was to get a direct in June and all the rumors were pointing to it but instead we got a 3rd party direct and then a sprinkling of 1st party announcements with 1 game focused direct leading up to this point.  3rd party direct wasn't bad either it just wasn't what most people were expecting.

44 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Squeenix's lineup for TGS

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs22/lineup/

*sees FF7 Rebirth in the lineup*

vince-mcmahon-wwe.gif

I’m still waiting on the Switch release of the ff pixel remasters. 

I am super excited about the new Star Ocean and DQ Treasures though. I want all the info I can get about those games. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, hanzohattori12 said:

Where the hell is Front Mission for the Switch?!

I had to recheck who was responsible for this and that would be Forever Entertainment.  Squeenix prob holds IP rights but they aren't publishing so I don't know how the marketing contract works for that but I'm willing to guess that they aren't footing the bill for it so they're going to let Forever Ent handle all of that.

Edit:  I'd imagine thinking of this as closer to a Bayonetta situation might put things more in perspective.  Sega holds the IP and their name still shows up in the credits and what not but they don't do jack shit for marketing or input for Bayo 2 or 3 and it's all handled by Nintendo.  If Bayo is successful then they probably make a lil bit off the top since they're the IP holder even though they did next to no work but if the game isn't successful then it's no skin off their back since they barely did anything to put money towards the game.

Edited by Sonichuman

Ryu Ga Gotoku studio has a an event streaming on Sept 8th

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/ryu-ga-gotoku-studio-tv-12-5-set-for-september-8-featuring-sneak-peek-trailer

Happinet opens their TGS website, Games including Radiant Silvergun ( paging @RSG3) got leaked

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/happinet-announces-tgs-2022-lineup

Tencent and Sony both collectively own 30% stock in From Software

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/08/tencent-and-sony-interactive-entertainment-collectively-acquire-30-34-percent-of-fromsoftware

Kiiiinda want Sony to keep Tencent in check on this. 

3 hours ago, hanzohattori12 said:

Where the hell is Front Mission for the Switch?!

It is a Forever Entertainment joint, we should all temper our expectations on that. If their Panzer Dragoon and House of the Dead remakes are anything to go by, it will be decent but not spectacular. And like Sonichuman said it is licensing thing so Square Enix doesn't have to jack. Another more successful example was DotEmu and Streets of Rage 4, Sega really didn't do shit... Fuck outside of Yakuza, Sonic and some Atlus joints Sega really hasn't done shit these last several years besides remastering already made games and letting other folk handle their IP.

Split Screen Co-op for Halo Infinite has been cancelled

https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-forge-mode-november-release-date-split-screen-co-op-cancelled

Assassin's Creed Mirage officially announced

Prey director says Arkane was forced to use the name Prey, did not actually want to name the game they were making that

https://www.ign.com/articles/prey-director-says-arkane-was-forced-to-use-that-title-its-gross-not-what-i-wanted-to-do

Edit:

4 player River City girls is a go!  Can't wait to hear more of Megan McDuffee's soundtrack for this game.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Split Screen Co-op for Halo Infinite has been cancelled

Holy shit are you fucking kidding? After the huge stink when it originally wasn't going to be there, then the promise they would add it then all this fucking around for how long that Halo Infinite is out and they dump the feature regardless?

I'm so glad I got out of Halo at 4. That series ended when Bungie left, no doubt about it.

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Fuck outside of Yakuza, Sonic and some Atlus joints Sega

They honestly barely even do anything for Atlus. Soul Hackers 2 just released last week, but you wouldn’t know that since Sega only put out a few trailers and decided that was fine. I only knew about it because an artist I follow was hyping it up.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I was trying to think on who this could be...and my guess is that this is Gizmo from Gremlins maybe?  I see that Gremlins is owned by WB so...

Yep. Gizmo was one of the characters that was leaked in that huge datamine the game had. He may be a duo with Spike, the main villain from Gremlins, because they shared files. 

Just now, BornWinner said:

They honestly barely even do anything for Atlus. Soul Hackers 2 just released last week, but you wouldn’t know that since Sega only put out a few trailers and decided that was fine. I only knew about it because an artist I follow was hyping it up.

I blanked on it's release too. If fanatacial didn't have the game on it's front page I would have never known about it's release.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

343 proving they are not fit for halo, and this comes from someone who is neither a fan of halo, neither has nostalgia for it since I only played H1 years after its release on PC.

It is kind of poetic that they decided to name their studio after someone who betrayed Master Chief seeing how they keep running the franchise through the mud.

33 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Further proof that having a title with the word Infinite in it is bad luck. Don’t believe me?

IMG_2898.jpg

I'm still irritated at X's voice in that game. After hearing DOMON KASHU as X they hire some D-lister?

200.gif

------

If any of you dudes are down for some multiplyer Turtle action in Cowabunga Collection I'm off today (Thursday). I got the Switch version.

28 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

A spreadsheet and overlay program for fan translations for the trails games. What they do is highly appreciated by fans as they provide a means for western fans to play the trails games with no official localization.

Ah well then technically they are in the right...

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

NIS America is doing their usual bullshit again

I mean — no? Not really. NIS is well within their right to do this.  It also likely means they’re going to end up releasing those games at some point or are in the midst of translating those games. 

Like, kudos to them for all that hard work. That’s fine and dandy and all. But that also doesn’t mean anything since they weren’t hired to do it and it’s translations for something that doesn’t belong to them. 

Edited by iStu X