Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 hours ago, nickmanx5 said:

on another note why does the final boss of xenoblade 3 have 20 different forms and then you gotta start all the way from the beginning when you lose  ive died like 3 times and everytime i thought i was at the final phase! just die nigga damn!

I was so over leveled from side questing, I walked all over him. That said, it was a long ass fight.

Side note: Outside of maxing a few classes, I literally have nothing to do now. As far as I can tell I've done every side quest. I finished off the the five post game super bosses last night. 😔 Guess I'll have to wait for the expansion. I need to start playing fighting games again anyway.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Well, I'm already looking forward to the patch on this one... Haak seems cool at first but there's some technical problem where you get huge slow-down out of nowhere sometimes... here's a review; he mentions it in the review...currently if you turn down the resolution it apparently fixes that but they will likely produce a patch eventually

36 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

I don't know..I get the feeling in my gut that Amazon buying EA could make that company worse.

I think it was a year ago when Jason schreier did the article on how poorly managed Amazon game studios is. They have no idea what they are doing. IIRC they burn 500 mil a year and never have anything to show for it. They might want to take a page from Microsoft's playbook since doing it themselves has been a colossal failure.

42 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I think it was a year ago when Jason schreier did the article on how poorly managed Amazon game studios is. They have no idea what they are doing. IIRC they burn 500 mil a year and never have anything to show for it. They might want to take a page from Microsoft's playbook since doing it themselves has been a colossal failure.

I yet to see the products of Microsoft's various acquisitions 

Amazon's gaming best move would be to dissolve Amazon gaming.

5 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I yet to see the products of Microsoft's various acquisitions 

Amazon's gaming best move would be to dissolve Amazon gaming.

Ninja Theory released their multiplayer game and it already got shutdown.

Amazon should focus on publishing and save development for later. They published Lost Arc in the states and that's been good for them.

27 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I don't think that is possible with EA. Or maybe I just don't want to believe it can be any worst.

So amazon cant find workers for their warehouses because they've already run through entire states work forces. Their "3 years of work and then fire/Work you till you drop dead" strategy has left them with no one willing to work for them.

People still willingly work for EA. They actually show up for the job. Let that sink in for a moment.

22 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I don't think that is possible with EA. Or maybe I just don't want to believe it can be any worst.

It can be worse. If you read Schreier's article a huge problem with Amazon is how they will bring in people who are experienced in the genre they want to get into and refuse to listen to their advice. This is why so many of their projects can't get off the ground and the ones that do suffer huge from identity crisis.

New World suffered from doing the complete opposite of the feedback the playtesters gave them in the private beta (nerd slayer as a firsthand amount of this as he was one of the influencers Amazon brought on to playtest the private beta)

Amazon manages their game division as if it was a tech company and it clashes heavily with the creative side of the field.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

It can be worse. If you read Schreier's article a huge problem with Amazon is how they will bring in people who are experienced in the genre they want to get into and refuse to listen to their advice. This is why so many of their projects can't get off the ground and the ones that do suffer huge from identity crisis.

New World suffered from doing the complete opposite of the feedback the playtesters gave them in the private beta (nerd slayer as a firsthand amount of this as he was one of the influencers Amazon brought on to playtest the private beta)

Amazon manages their game division as if it was a tech company and it clashes heavily with the creative side of the field.

Supposedly the person in charge of the gaming division that did that is no more on amazon games.

So perhaps there could be a future for their gaming division.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And of course devs of SR are attacking people on social media for not liking the game 🤣

They need to look in the mirror. The game is being universally panned. By their target audience (reviewers) and what should be their target audience (fans). Are the calling the bugs feature too? It's Saint's Row: we can't really on our fans to fix like Bugthesda Edition? 👀

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Netflix Resident Evil cancelled

https://deadline.com/2022/08/resident-evil-series-canceled-netflix-one-season-1235101187/

Hopefully we can get Lance to play a Blade variant in a marvel movie or show

You joke but Lance Reddick as Whistler or any older character in a Marvel project could be magical.

Hell make him a Fury variant and have him and Samuel L. Jackson finally have a intense shouting match.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They need to look in the mirror. The game is being universally panned. By their target audience (reviewers) and what should be their target audience (fans). Are the calling the bugs feature too? It's Saint's Row: we can't really on our fans to fix like Bugthesda Edition? 👀

It gets to the point that in the credits, they thanks their moderation team for reddit and discord, which by itself, there is nothing wrong, if anything is nice they thank people that help with the community.

The problem is what those 4 or 6 people they are tahnking have said and done.

There is actual evidence where they attack users and actually mock them and even go to say fuck the old SR games, etc.

Not a good look.