Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

NoA is about to come under fire again, Kotaku(yeah yeah...I know) is saying they've got corroborating reports of sexual harassment under Reggie's tenure by full time NoA employees against temps and QA.  If you don't want to go to Kotaku to read about some of it here

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/nintendo-of-america-contractors-describe-sexual-harassment-frat-house-environment

Doesn't sound nearly as bad as ActiBlizz and the Cosby suite but it's still a cause for concern.  I believe this is the 2nd report that has come out about stuff going on behind closed doors at NoA.

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

NoA is about to come under fire again, Kotaku(yeah yeah...I know) is saying they've got corroborating reports of sexual harassment under Reggie's tenure by full time NoA employees against temps and QA.  If you don't want to go to Kotaku to read about some of it here

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/nintendo-of-america-contractors-describe-sexual-harassment-frat-house-environment

Doesn't sound nearly as bad as ActiBlizz and the Cosby suite but it's still a cause for concern.  I believe this is the 2nd report that has come out about stuff going on behind closed doors at NoA.

Honestly that is what I hate about the temp worker policies many tech and business companies employ. I get sometimes you don't need staff at particular positions year round but treating them as second class in terms of basic benefits or not providing clear routes for advancement is bullshit. Which many get away with because for the most part the temp agency is the employer and can claim whatever between themselves and the client company.

With that being said, after reading the article it honestly doesn't sound like much can or will be done. Unless someone directly comes out or there are documented examples as in the Activision Blizzard scandal, it sounds unfortunately like rumors that are often swept under the rug after "investigations". 

36 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Honestly that is what I hate about the temp worker policies many tech and business companies employ. I get sometimes you don't need staff at particular positions year round but treating them as second class in terms of basic benefits or not providing clear routes for advancement is bullshit. Which many get away with because for the most part the temp agency is the employer and can claim whatever between themselves and the client company.

With that being said, after reading the article it honestly doesn't sound like much can or will be done. Unless someone directly comes out or there are documented examples as in the Activision Blizzard scandal, it sounds unfortunately like rumors that are often swept under the rug after "investigations". 

Bowser said he's gonna investigate

I don't doubt that people's cheeks are about to get clapped.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I feel like if I watch the whole video, I will go into cardiac arrest. This preview is painful enough.

Can’t get too mad at the “It’s Jin!” guy though.

IMG_1437.png

He’s just Ky but an asshole.

And uses ice instead of lightning, and he wears primarily white with hints of blue, and swings a broadsword not a Katana, Ky is probably the only sane man in GG while Jins a raving lunatic, but he's blond so you know totally twins 😄 

Edited by RSG3
31 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Marvel and Disney pulled the plug on an open world Iron Man game made by the Just Cause devs

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-canceled-an-open-world-iron-man-game-from-the-studio-behind-just-cause

Can I get footage of the prototype please?   This sounds like something that probably could have been decent.

If it’s from the guys who made just cause I’m kinda glad. It would have been an iron man skin of just cause…which has never been a good series 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I like the Just Cause games. The sheer stupidity of them is crazy fun. They could have made a good Iron Man game

Based on what I know of the games and what they've done within them I thought they could  make a pretty solid Iron Man game.  I removed the the dude in the flight suit and put Iron Man in his place in my head firing repulsor blasts combined with the the explosions and destruction the games are known for and I already think the game is halfway there.

Hmm, Embracer buying Limited Run Games. I feel like that is a loss, even though LR has not been the best company for me as a fan to deal with, them being mostly an independent third party felt like it was good for industry. I don't know what Embracer will wind up being but the name gives me vibes of the usual assimilation monsters like THQ Nordic and Tencent the industry already has.

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

Hmm, Embracer buying Limited Run Games. I feel like that is a loss, even though LR has not been the best company for me as a fan to deal with, them being mostly an independent third party felt like it was good for industry. I don't know what Embracer will wind up being but the name gives me vibes of the usual assimilation monsters like THQ Nordic and Tencent the industry already has.

Hopefully it will make them better. There's lot of complains about them. I was disappointed I missed their Castlevania SOTN release, but who knows if they would have fulfilled it completely.

5 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Limited runs is basically a price gauging ripoff place takin' money from suckers like you guys that have to have a case and a disc and "collectors" shit.  Y'all that buy from them are suckers.

Their business model is great though.

Given all the Digital Store front fuckery as of late, your stance this situation makes zero sense. How many times do digital games have to disappear before the advantage of physical games registers with you.  I have the Asia version of FFX/FFX-2 on my Switch. It has both games on the cartridge. The digital marketplace could collapse tomorrow and I have full access to both games. On the flip side I recently picked up a new physical copy of Bayonetta 2 on Switch in anticipation of Bayo 1's physical release, which is a good thing because the digital code for Bayo 1 that came with the game doesn't even work. If both games were on the cartridge, like the Asia region Switch games I own, that wouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hopefully it will make them better. There's lot of complains about them. I was disappointed I missed their Castlevania SOTN release, but who knows if they would have fulfilled it completely.

Last year I ordered the CV colelction from them but then I moved and was never able to log back into my account to change my address, I was never refunded, and all my emails got ignored.

So k settled for buying their merchandise in store when I saw it. If Smbracer can sort those issues out I'd be fine to try and order product from them again. I really wanted that Cv collection for PS4 so I record some runs, already had digital for Switch so wanted physical for PS4. Never got it. 

Oh well I guess. 

I've never had an issue with their pricing model tho, their physicals are no more expensive then anything else in the same categories so I dunno where the gouging things coming from. The after market sellers gluge like a mother fucker but LGRs prices are pretty normal with everyone else's. 

Edited by RSG3

Starting to watch Tekken Bloodline and  I find the animation choices are pretty interesting....I like what they're doing.  How best to describe this....it's like a anime if CC2 was to just take what they do for the games and just make a show out of it.  So the characters are mostly 3D as you can probably tell in the trailers (just basing off of what i've seen 9 min into the first episode) but they do a really good job of making it look 2D with the bold outlines but you can tell mostly through some stiffness in the clothes.  Then every so often it feels like they try to throw you off and throw in some 2D animation here and there in it.   I know there's some 2D purists that are gonna hate this but so far it's decent.  Hoping this turns out good, I'm not gonna binge watch it tonight since I wanna play some Rumbleverse but just wanted to comment on the animation in this show thus far.

Edit:

@Hecatom  I can hear this picture completely in Kronk's voice.

Edit 2:  I really don't like the English Heihachi's performance.  I'm ok with Jin and I thought Jun was fine but Heihachi's english Va sounds stiff as hell to me.  I'm not sure what he's trying to do but I'm not feeling it.  It's making me switch to Japanese with english subs.

Edited by Sonichuman

Heihachi's voice is OK, but it could've been better, it's a bit too high pitched. Most his VA's have been kinda gruff and deep, I feel it should've been in that direction (I think Kevin Michael Richardson voiced him in Soul Caliber, that may have worked better here) 

Finished it tho, I very much enjoyed it, loved them including the hit sparks and moves accurate to the game. They should cover all the other Tekken games in later seasons if they do more, lot of material to mine from them 

30 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Heihachi's voice is OK, but it could've been better, it's a bit too high pitched. Most his VA's have been kinda gruff and deep, I feel it should've been in that direction (I think Kevin Michael Richardson voiced him in Soul Caliber, that may have worked better here) 

Finished it tho, I very much enjoyed it, loved them including the hit sparks and moves accurate to the game. They should cover all the other Tekken games in later seasons if they do more, lot of material to mine from them 

It's not so much about gravitas or the pitch.  It's more so how he delivers his lines that bugs me.