Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I never heard of that Haak game.  Looks pretty damn cool.  Its on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1352930/HAAK/

Moonscars looks pretty cool too.  I have that one on my wishlist or im following the dev on twitter...one of the two.  I've found some pretty cool games to follow and keep on my radar lookin' at twitter. 

This one is pretty cool.  Has a demo on Steam.  Comes out next year.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1809540/Nine_Sols/

spacer.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1802880/The_Devil_Within_Satgat/

spacer.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1274600/The_Last_Faith/

spacer.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1954130/Meifumado/

spacer.png

There are so many freakin' metroidvania type games now its hard to pick the good ones out from the bad ones.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:48 PM, RSG3 said:

Last year I ordered the CV colelction from them but then I moved and was never able to log back into my account to change my address, I was never refunded, and all my emails got ignored.

So k settled for buying their merchandise in store when I saw it. If Smbracer can sort those issues out I'd be fine to try and order product from them again. I really wanted that Cv collection for PS4 so I record some runs, already had digital for Switch so wanted physical for PS4. Never got it. 

Oh well I guess. 

I've never had an issue with their pricing model tho, their physicals are no more expensive then anything else in the same categories so I dunno where the gouging things coming from. The after market sellers gluge like a mother fucker but LGRs prices are pretty normal with everyone else's. 

Seeing the title of that video was pretty surprising. I've ordered about six titles from them and have only had an issue with one. I wanted to cancel getting the keychain for Fight'n Rage and was still charged for it. Beyond that, I would agree. Their pricing model seems to be on par with most other physical releases. 

On 8/20/2022 at 9:49 PM, Sonichuman said:

bruh...that's such a fucking waste of space.   Saying this sounds lazy AF doesn't even begin to scratch the shoddy optimization job.   I want to believe there was something else going on behind the scenes as for the reason for it being like that but there probably isn't a good excuse.

Reminder that Bethesda used loading times on Morrowind to hide that they rebooted the console at times to free memory, instead of you know, optimizing their game.

Downloading the game multiple times in each language is a very Bethesda thing to do 🤣

32 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Reminder that Bethesda used loading times on Morrowind to hide that they rebooted the console at times to free memory, instead of you know, optimizing their game.

Downloading the game multiple times in each language is a very Bethesda thing to do 🤣

I am hoping now that they are under MS, they stop doing that janky shit and put out games that you don't need a modding community to fix for them. I get ambition but be reasonable to both developers and consumers.

2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

What do you mean Sony is trying to make a Gravity Rush movie!?

I mean, okay!? Can you also revive the Japanese studios and make another game as well?

For what I heard, the people that were on said studios don't have any intention of working with Sony again, since they moved their hq to califorfornia, they have burned a lot of bridges with a good chunk of japanese studios

37 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I am hoping now that they are under MS, they stop doing that janky shit and put out games that you don't need a modding community to fix for them. I get ambition but be reasonable to both developers and consumers.

Honestly, not saying it will improve but MS hasn't owned them long enough for any real change to take place. Corporate changes happen at a glacial pace. 😑

43 minutes ago, Wellman said:

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, not saying it will improve but MS hasn't owned them long enough for any real change to take place. Corporate changes happen at a glacial pace. 😑

I wouldn't hold my breath, since current M$ has a very hands off approach on the studios they own, letting them handle themselves as they please, specially with those who they bought, where they let them to keep their organizational culture and methodology of making games.

So anyone expecting Bethesda to improve, or Activision Blizzard to stop being garbage are for a rude awakening 🤣

Ohhh here we go, folks.. reviews coming in now... hold on to your butts

I'm curious to see just how badly damaged this will be, in terms of the actual content in the game....to put this in movie-terms...to me it's looking like they took something like a "Goodfellas" or perhaps a particularly insane Tarantino film and said "hey let's make a mostly kid-friendly, Disney+ Saturday morning cartoon version."

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

What do you mean Sony is trying to make a Gravity Rush movie!?

I mean, okay!? Can you also revive the Japanese studios and make another game as well?

Gravity Rush movie would be kind of interesting....if they're going to do it though, I think it would be better suited for them to do it as an animated feature.  Not saying I don't think it could work in live action but I think it'd be really cool stylistically doing it as an animation.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Gravity Rush movie would be kind of interesting....if they're going to do it though, I think it would be better suited for them to do it as an animated feature.  Not saying I don't think it could work in live action but I think it'd be really cool stylistically doing it as an animation.

TBH, I think that animated is the way to go, I feel that a lot of the charm will be lose in live action

Here's another one... well obviously from the thumbnail I see already that Skill Up didn't like it either ....I haven't watched all this yet but he's not the type that would complain about the same shit I would though...I think he'll focus more on the technical things and mission structure, etc....steering clear of anything slightly political/ideological)

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I was thinking about how it can and it’s honestly a pretty easy story to adapt. It’s pretty much a superhero origin mixed with an amnesia plot. They already have Raven as the necessary rival as well. Streamline a few of the crazier elements and they won’t have to do much. 

I also agree that it would be best animated. Specifically an improved look of what they did with the GR2 animated special. 

IMG_1812.gif

Though I feel like it will be live action. It goes with Sony’s “Real is Best” approach to videogames and all of their media so far (The Last of Us, God of War, and Twisted Metal) have been live action.

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Did you guys like that Gravity Rush game?  I thought it looked pretty and controlling Kat was cool but the game was just boring.  It felt lifeless. 

I ended up buying both and while I do have some flaws with them, it’s one of my favorite single player experiences. Just flying through the city was endless fun to me. The combat felt limited at first, but got better the more I leveled up. And the story is just the right amount of fantastical nonsense I needed from Sony. 

I’m not going to try and change your opinion, but I just wanted to explain why I like it. 

Oh look another category for The Last of Us to win in. Geoff announces a best adaption category for the Game Awards.

Jokes aside, I think this is neat and timely. This year alone we had Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Cuphead (Netflix), Tekken: Bloodline, and that Resident Evil show that no one liked. I do hope they look into comics as well. The Sonic comics are some of the more consistent things that are good in the franchise.

6 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Oh look another category for The Last of Us to win in. Geoff announces a best adaption category for the Game Awards.

Jokes aside, I think this is neat and timely. This year alone we had Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Cuphead (Netflix), Tekken: Bloodline, and that Resident Evil show that no one liked. I do hope they look into comics as well. The Sonic comics are some of the more consistent things that are good in the franchise.

I'm gonna be biased and hope that Sonic 2 wins the category.  Kinda curious as to how far back they'll go for nominees cause if they include Castlevania or Arcane that's going to be tough to beat.

I still haven't seen either Sonic movie, but Castlevania and Arcane are both top-rank stuff for me.

It will be hilarious if somehow that ridiculous Resident Evil show wins though.....imagine the reactions to that online if it happens.... I'm sure several channels in a certain sector of youtube would be licking their chops on that fresh content goldmine there. 🤣....and you're goddamn right I'd watch every delicious bit of those videos and rant sessions.

40 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm gonna be biased and hope that Sonic 2 wins the category.  Kinda curious as to how far back they'll go for nominees cause if they include Castlevania or Arcane that's going to be tough to beat.

If the original Mario Bros movie doesn't win, I am gonna get mad.

The only competition it has is maybe the og SF movie or the Double Dragon movie.

Everything else, belongs to the trash.

Harvey Milk Lgbt GIF by GIPHY News

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Outside of the new animated film, it seems strange that there is no game related MK news given this year is the 30th anniversary.

Yeah...it is.  I mean to be honest the way NRS has been acting or should I say 'not acting' has been stranger.  This is the longest we've gone since NRS was established without having something announced from them.  Only thing we've had to go on is speculation and rumors about about them.  I'd like to think that they aren't going to let MK's 30th go by without something but they probably wanted something and they had to push it back for one reason or another.  We know the biggest chance this year for something is probably at TGAs.

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Yeah...it is.  I mean to be honest the way NRS has been acting or should I say 'not acting' has been stranger.  This is the longest we've gone since NRS was established without having something announced from them.  Only thing we've had to go on is speculation and rumors about about them.  I'd like to think that they aren't going to let MK's 30th go by without something but they probably wanted something and they had to push it back for one reason or another.  We know the biggest chance this year for something is probably at TGAs.

Rumor has it that we will get 2 things, the remake of the og trilogy (it has been on and off since the mk9 days, lol) and supposedly a new reboot.

The thing that surprise me about the rumors is that none mention a new DC fg.

What I keep hearing but hope is not real is a marvel fg.

As much as i loved MK9 and INJ1, I feel that NRS never really graduated from making jank games.

And even when their last 2 games were way better made, somehow they ended feeling meh compared to their 2  1st games.

Is funny because I think that technically speaking INJ2 and MKXI are their best games, but they never got me invested on them like their worst games technically speaking, MK9 and INJ1 which despite all the jank, are still super fun to play even today.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Rumor has it that we will get 2 things, the remake of the og trilogy (it has been on and off since the mk9 days, lol) and supposedly a new reboot.

The thing that surprise me about the rumors is that none mention a new DC fg.

What I keep hearing but hope is not real is a marvel fg.

As much as i loved MK9 and INJ1, I feel that NRS never really graduated from making jank games.

And even when their last 2 games were way better made, somehow they ended feeling meh compared to their 2  1st games.

Is funny because I think that technically speaking INJ2 and MKXI are their best games, but they never got me invested on them like their worst games technically speaking, MK9 and INJ1 which despite all the jank, are still super fun to play even today.

The Marvel rumor was prevalent last year but it hasn't come up again.   Considering that NRS is owned by WB, I think it'd be weird if Marvel asked them to make a game.  Not that it couldn't happen, just feels unlikely.  I'd take a remake of the OG trilogy just for nostalgia purposes but only if it really mimicked what the old games look like somehow with the way how they did the sprites back then.  Unlikely they'd go through with that again, but there's been proof of concepts from devs thrown at them that we know about that they almost ok'd but never fully finished.

I still want Ed to stop fucking teasing me and just give me my sequel to Shaolin Monks.  And if I can't have that I'll take a souped up remake of Shaolin Monks to hold me over.

ehhh... with the way reboots of anything tend to end up in recent years, I'd have nothing but negative expectations of any Mortal Kombat "reboot" of old games.  It won't be a surprise how terrible the result is. (*Oh gee I wonder what happens to how the female characters are dressed, considering the current weakass social climate? 🤔  Nah that would be silly of me to jump to certain conclusions)

I had another few good runs of Dead Cells on the Steam Deck a little while ago... so much fun; I got a lot more stuff unlocked and visited the new Bank area for the first time... I haven't played the game since before that was added.  I finished Normal (*Tactics build as usual; my best work is almost always with the Tactics builds) so now I got the first "cell" and got to Hard difficulty...got past Distillery and made it to Hand of the King again on the Hard difficulty but lost there; I only had 1 use of flask remaining and half health when I got to him that time.  

Oh and of course Cyael definitely wasn't going to go easy:

I look forward to seeing more people roast this shyte over the next few days.

damn, you can't even hold people up anymore by aiming a weapon at them?! ...in a crime sandbox game with "gangster" (allegedly) protagonists..... Bruh 🤣   The more I find out, the worse this sounds.

Edited by MillionX