Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Implying that anything Madden is not terrible by default (or any EA sports games for the matter.)

I never said anything about the game Madden being terrible or not, I said the trailer was terrible.

I'm willing to bet most of you all in here who complain about Madden (and EA sports games) being terrible haven't even played them in years.  I know I haven't so I can't comment on it being a good game or not.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I never said anything about the game Madden being terrible or not, I said the trailer was terrible.

I'm willing to bet most of you all in here who complain about Madden (and EA sports games) being terrible haven't even played them in years.  I know I haven't so I can't comment on it being a good game or not.

You don't have to eat a rotten apple to know is rotten.

Plus, seeing the reaction of the core playerbase for the last games, you know that the series is not in a good place.

You can see that most people who are the target market keeps reacting in a negative way towards the games

Sadly, those fools will still buy the game even if they think is trash because who knows why.

NPD Aug 2022 numbers

Highlights:  Multiversus managed to kick Elden Ring out of the #1 spot that it's been trying to hold on to for the past few months.  It also took over PS4's chart and made no.3 on Xbox's.  Xenoblade Chronicles 3 charted actually REALLY well last month and sat no.4 overall for the month, it also took over Switch's chart for the month.  Digimon Strive also ended up charting despite users shitting on the game.  WB has 2 of the top 3 selling games for the month with the 2nd one still being Lego Star Wars TSS.  This game has some crazy legs on it.  Live A Live didn't chart on the overall chart but did manage to crack the Switch chart, considering the game released on 07/22 and the fact that it's not as huge as a budget game like XBC3...that's not bad.

Hardware: PS4 is lead in dollar sales amount for July and for Year to date, Switch has sold the most units for both periods.  PS5 and Xbox Series sales have experienced double digit percentage growth in comparison to a year ago.

Top 20 for July:  Multiversus, Elden Ring, Lego SW: TSS, XBC3, CoD: Vanguard, MLB The Show 22, MK8D, Digimon Survive, Minecraft, F1 22, Kirby and the FL, Smash Ult, AC: NH, Overwatch, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, NS Sports, CoD Blops CW, Far Cry 6, CoD Blops 3, MH Rise

Top 20 YTD: Elden Ring, Lego SW: TSS, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Horizon FW, MLB The Show 22, CoD Vanguard, Gran Turismo 7, Kirby and the FL, MK8D, Dat Madden 22, Minecraft, NS Sports, FIFA 22, Miles Morales, MH Rise, Smash Ult, AC: NH, CoD Blops CW, MP Superstars, Dying Light 2

Rolling 12 months:  Elden Ring, CoD Vanguard, Dat Madden 22, Pokemon BD/SP, Lego SW: TSS, Battlefield 2042, FIFA 22, Far Cry 6, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Horizon FW

Switch top 10: XBC3, MK8D, Kirby and the FL, Smash Ult, AC: NH, PL: Arceus,  NS Sports, Live A Live, Digimon Surive, MP Superstars  (One thing I will note now that I think about it...Mario Strikers has vanished completely off that map.  I know they says last month that it doing really well so hopefully it's still selling decently even though it's not charting but this might not be good)

Playstation top 10: Elden Ring, MLB The Show 22, Multiversus, CoD Vangaurd, Minecraft, Horizon FW (at least it's still selling decently), F1 22, Gran Turismo 7, Lego SW: TSS, Miles Morales

Xbox top 10: Multiversus  (kinda surprised that it's higher on this chart versus Playstation's) , Elden Ring, CoD Vanguard, CoD Blops III, Lego SW TSS, Overwatch, CoD MW 2019, CoD Blops CW, F1 22, Forza Horizon 5.

Those exclusivity deals are really a terrible thing for a professional sports licenses as it basically gives the publishers the ability to slack  or cut corners by removing any competition besides themselves. 

But knowing the NFL, it is all about money cause unlike Disney or even the MLB they don't give a shit if Madden is a joke so long as the checks cash.

VGM Fridays!!!  Maaan....Sonic Mania came out 5 years ago on 8/15/2017.  And we STILL...don't have an announcement for a sequel or nothing right now.  Shit is KILLING me.  You already know what the first part is celebrating.

Mania baaaaybeeeeeeee!!!

Spoiler

Gonna restrain myself and stop here cause I could wind up posting 90% of the OST.

And regular contribution

The Snitch put this up early last night like around 2:30

It's morse for "The wise many say, You'll find your way" which appears to be taken from Pinoochio.  So then Geoff put this up roughly an hour a go

Really don't know who this guy is but he's gotta be some on staff somewhere on these shows or something cause he's leaking 100%

I had to pause this episode Tekken I am to say I was not expecting them to cake up Nina Williams like this lol.

Edit:

Finished Bloodline.  It's pretty good.  I liked it a lot.  Fights could be pretty brutal.  If you're a big fan of Tekken you'll notice a lot of the signature moves the characters do.  A lot of the hits are really brutal in this show to and really satisfying to watch.  It's a really good adaptation of T3 with some questionable things...big one being Steve showing up for a hot second but he shows up and then they never mention him ever again.  And I'm like "you can't just show Steve where he's clearly not supposed to be and pretend like you didn't" Leroy being here is also weird but his being there is not wildly out of place for timeline and character reasons.  Definitely put this as another win in Netflix's belt for animated game adaptations on their service.  If they wanted to fund doing another series that took place before and after this I would look forward to seeing it.

The only other "negative" I can think of pertaining to this is that it doesn't really do a good job of bringing anyone in to the franchise who isn't already a fan.   It starts out simple enough for people who don't know anything about game lore to follow but then it starts referencing things that happened in later games that if you aren't familiar with then you don't know what people are talking about.  It's not a really horrible thing though but it's pretty clear that you'll be getting the most out of this if you're a fan of the games.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The only other "negative" I can think of pertaining to this is that it doesn't really do a good job of bringing anyone in to the franchise who isn't already a fan.   It starts out simple enough for people who don't know anything about game lore to follow but then it starts referencing things that happened in later games that if you aren't familiar with then you don't know what people are talking about.  It's not a really horrible thing though but it's pretty clear that you'll be getting the most out of this if you're a fan of the games.

All the missed fights were a peeve for me. I wanted to see Anna, Julia and Paul get their wins. Anna advancing while Nina jobbed in the first round was great. 

While I don't mind Leroy being in Tekken 3 his role in the show should have been Eddy. Eddy's father was killed by Kazuya and he set him up with the false charge that lead to his imprisonment. There already was a T3 character with a Mishima hate boner that could have been Jin's first opponent. It have served for Kazuya to have a direct influence on the show beyond being background fodder. 

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

All the missed fights were a peeve for me. I wanted to see Anna, Julia and Paul get their wins. Anna advancing while Nina jobbed in the first round was great. 

While I don't mind Leroy being in Tekken 3 his role in the show should have been Eddy. Eddy's father was killed by Kazuya and he set him up with the false charge that lead to his imprisonment. There already was a T3 character with a Mishima hate boner that could have been Jin's first opponent. It have served for Kazuya to have a direct influence on the show beyond being background fodder. 

I didn't know that...and that would have made more sense in the context of T3.  So this really sounds like they just inserted Leroy for popularity purposes and nothing else.

Considering how many countless times Dragonball, DBZ and now DB Super have been shown over and over for soooo many years now... like since at least the mid 90s, and all the movie specials, countless youtube channels dedicated to talking about the franchise, etc. etc.... how have they not heard other people say the term?  Some of them have to be trolling at this point...

...like imagine a typical Fortnite fan that's say... just 20 years old now exactly.  Even someone that young would have likely seen some Dragonball show on tv at some point, maybe even by accident....like he's really waiting on Toonami to show an episode of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden but DBZ is the lead-in to that.

Space Channel 5 and Comix Zone---- depending on which companies are involved for live action productions of those... I'm already wondering which characters they want to race or gender swap there.  You know damn well that if it were Disney or Netflix, they'd desperately want to get a black actor to be "Sketch Turner"....and with a totally different outfit too.... and Ulala would be perhaps be Chloe or Halle Bailey, or Zendaya.

Oooh... imagine the rage of the Final Fantasy fanbase if they did a live-action movie or series based on the beloved FF7... and you got Michael B. Jordan as Cloud.  Omar Epps is cast to be Sephiroth....and Regina King is Tifa.

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

They say the name of the move in the game...how are ya'll doing this? lol

I never herd Kamehameha pronounced like that before
Although the original DBZ dub got it wrong compared to both Hawaiian and Japanese Pronunciations (which are the same as they both stress each syllable, and the H isn't silent). 

I just want to say that I watched Jurassic World Dominion last night and it is probably the worst blockbuster movie I have ever seen in full.  I nearly turned it off like after 30-45 mins but opted to finish it just so I could see how bad it was.  And holy shit did it deliver.  Just so so bad.  The Angry Joe review and spoilers is so on point and way more entertaining than that movie was.