Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

8 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

silly question but, why didnt Konami ever do a remake of their silent hill games after seeing how successful capcom was in remaking their RE games?

They only guess right now is that when Kojima left he took a ton of talent with him for his own studio.  Konami had been bleeding talent well before Kojima left but when he was went there was practically nobody left at that point.  They were 100% abandoning traditional game making at this point so at some point between Kojima's exit and up to around the the time that Bomberman R released we started seeing a small bit of resurgence in Konami's game making and it's just been really slow going so I imagine it's just either taken time for the people who are left to learn to do some of the things that people who left knew how to do or scout out talent to hire to build their people back up.  We only know that they're at a level to make smaller games from scratch and put a collection of ports of some of their smaller less graphic intensive games but we haven't seem them put out any ports of their 3D stuff....yet.  There's been Silent Hill and MGS rumors floating around for a bit so we'll have to see if any of that bears fruit in the coming months.

13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

They only guess right now is that when Kojima left he took a ton of talent with him for his own studio.  Konami had been bleeding talent well before Kojima left but when he was went there was practically nobody left at that point.  They were 100% abandoning traditional game making at this point so at some point between Kojima's exit and up to around the the time that Bomberman R released we started seeing a small bit of resurgence in Konami's game making and it's just been really slow going so I imagine it's just either taken time for the people who are left to learn to do some of the things that people who left knew how to do or scout out talent to hire to build their people back up.  We only know that they're at a level to make smaller games from scratch and put a collection of ports of some of their smaller less graphic intensive games but we haven't seem them put out any ports of their 3D stuff....yet.  There's been Silent Hill and MGS rumors floating around for a bit so we'll have to see if any of that bears fruit in the coming months.

To add to that, plenty of japanese devs don't want to work with Konami, since they have a bad rep over there.

5 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

That shit is funny and nasty.  One of my followers in Cult of the Lamb wanted dookie stew.  So I collected some turds and made some stew...poo stew.  He was real thankful.  🤣

Yeah, I'll definitely have to check this game out; I've already heard good things about it.

It randomly hit me the other day---- it would be cool if there was a new version of Actraiser that was much more dark and twisted in terms of what the player can do.... like what if I want to be an evil God that demands blood sacrifice?  I'd want to also curse entire lineages (or whole nations) of certain people, strike soul-deals for the eternal servitude of certain people, that sort of thing.... perhaps the main conflict in that sort of game would be an opposing "good guy" deity and its angels that are trying to stop you or win the devotion of more people.

Gargoyles Remastered announced for consoles, PC

Developed by Empty Clip Studios.

Gargoyles-Remastered-Announced_09-09-22-

Empty Clip Studios has announced Gargoyles Remastered, a remastered version of the November 1995-released Genesis game for “modern consoles” and PC. Specific consoles and a release date were not announced.

Gargoyles Remastered will feature updated visuals and controls. Further details were not announced.

21 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

HE'S ALIVE

I don’t have any admiration or fond feelings for Rayman really as I never played any of his games outside of the Switch port of legends (which was very much ‘ok’ to me) but it’s cool that Ubisoft didn’t forget their mascot. I guess? 😂

Edited by iStu X

Beat Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart tonight. Was a great time. It's been a long time since I played a R&C game and this reminded me how fun they really are. Makin me want to dig out the PS2 and my R&C trilogy. Pretty sure I have Quest for Booty on the PS3 tho...might play that. ..after a run through of the second loop in Rift Apart to upgrade my Pew Pews to Max. 

I really like Rivet and Kit and I hope they stick around. 

Edited by RSG3

another great run of Dead Cells--- 2cell/VeryHard difficulty... at the end I had about 21 or 22 points on Brutality, with my old reliable Giantkiller Sword (one of my favorite weapons), and this one was a IX++!  The damage was insane... 30k dps on critical, + 60% damage bonus on bleeding enemies, synergizing with a sinew slicer that naturally causes bleeding.  Further damage bonus from Vengeance passive; I always pick that on a Brutality build; it's one of the best passives in the game... with that many points on brutality, it was over 80% damage buff for getting hit....then another passive that gives me a damage bonus to the next melee hit after using a skill/item.  

...and just like that, the final (but not true final) boss was easily defeated... I've gotten pretty good at dodging his abilities so it was almost a perfect, "no-damage taken" fight this time.  It's always satisfying to see the results of a ridiculously strong build.... you see huge chunks of the lifebar falling off the bosses so quickly.  I also still had the heart + my healing flask was full, so no matter what this was looking good for me to easily beat this run.  So now... on my way to the horrors of 3-cell difficulty...

I'll get it and just like with the og version I'll play it and get so scurry I cant play it anymore. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1132980/There_Is_No_Light/

This one looks cool.  Had it on my wishlist for a while.  I've got like 500 games on that thing...🤦‍♀️

Here is more Synthetik.  Me and this guy always tend to do good together.  We both been playing a long time so we're both pretty good at it.

This is a pretty fun 5 dollar game.  Its called Riptale.

spacer.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/616000/Riptale/

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

I started playing Soul Hackers 2. I only made it as far as recruiting Saizo but so far so good. It's refreshing to have a Mega Ten protag who has a name, can talk and processes a personality. I like that Ringo is deadpan without snarking or being quipy all the time. It's there but not to the degree where it's annoying. She can actually take the serious situation seriously. 

Demon stacking replacing press turn is going to take some getting use to. I like the idea behind it though. 

Netflix is working on a live action Ass Creed show

The snitch is supposedly leaking that Fatal Frame may be showing up...he didn't say it was showing up at the direct but the fact he''s posting something right before the direct seems like a pretty safe bet that it might show up there.  I'm expecting a new Bayo 3 trailer, the rumored LoZ: TP and LoZ: WW ports and I'm hoping for the first look at that rumored Metroid Prime remaster that's been floating around for a minute.   If the Metroid Prime remaster shows up at the direct then the chances of seeing a sneak peak at Metroid Prime 4 goes up...not saying it will happen since the focus is on winter games but that hasn't stopped them from doing a few things here and there outside of the focus.  If we get another sneak peak at BotW2 to go with the LoZ ports then great but I'm not going to expect it.  There's also been a rumor floating around about another 2D Mario game recently...nothing else rumor wise about it other than the possibility of its existence so no telling if it's going to continue the New line of if this will be a dif graphical style.

Extra

Now I'm definitely curious what game project they put him on...

Edited by Sonichuman
34 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Another example of being so woke that you wind up circling around to being offensive or stupid.  Scooby gang calls the cops on everyone...they don't give AF who it is.  Black, White, Asian, Super rich, bottom feeder broke...don't matter lol.  You wearing a suit, mask, or a costume and causing shenanigans in a town and they will snitch on you.  This was never a problem to anyone and it was completely on brand for the character...now you got them kidnapping people in their van because of a perceived slight that was never there to begin with.

https://twistedvoxel.com/saints-row-break-even-sell-two-million-copies/

Saints Row Expected To Break Even If It Can Sell Two Million Copies

The Saints Row remake is expected to break even if it can sell around two million copies, based on the latest report.

According to ABG Sundal Collier, Saints Row is likely to do alright financially, and it is currently grossing well on PlayStation and Xbox. As of September 5, 2022, more than a week after release, it remains in the top 3 sales rankings on both consoles, which is above expectations, given the lukewarm reception from critics.

ABG Sundal Collier estimates that Saints Row needs around two million copies sold during the current fiscal year in order to break even. Given that the game is well-marketed, has relatively low competition on the market right now, and that the IP is strong, the corporate advisory company believes that there are good prospects for at least two million copies. It is expected that the game will sell well above what Tiny Tina did in its first three months, which was around USD 125 Million.

Saints Row is set in the fictional city of Santo Ileso, which is based somewhat on Las Vegas, Nevada, and is situated in the American southwest. Three criminal gangs rule Santo Ileso: the Idols, an anarchist gang that targets nightclubs and nightlife; Los Panteros, a tough car and fitness-oriented gang; and Marshall Defense Industries, an international private military company with a Santo Ileso base that is renowned for its cutting-edge high-tech weaponry.

The player character, “The Boss,” is a former employee of Marshall Defense Industries. He forms a new gang out of these gangs’ disgruntled members in order to usurp control over them. The fifth entry in the series was released on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Google Stadia on August 23, 2022.

Saints Row can be played in co-op, but the requirements for players to join their friends online can be rather confusing. If you’re looking to team up with a friend on your adventure, follow the link here.

Edited by Hecatom

spacer.png

Been about 10 years since I played Mario World from beginning to end. Games still great. I only did the normal courses I didn't go to Star Road or anything. Probably be the next thing I do if I pick it up again. Star Road and the Special World.

Think I'm gonna run Mario 3 Allstars next tho. I've never beat the Allstars Version. 

Edited by RSG3