Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I had some frame skipping but no other performance issues. I did set the frame rate higher than 60 so maybe that's it lol. 

Digital Foundry has a video on it. It's not awful performance by any means it just has some, that on top of the basic bitch dungeons was like "I'll wait, I can always play SMTV or P5 or something again if I need to scratch the itch."

This game here is pretty awesome.  I'd suggest it to all of you. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1132980/There_Is_No_Light/

5EvzkvW.png

Some more Synthetik

I like playing with this guy here.  Me and him do real good and he hardly ever shoots me and never kills me.  He's one of the best teammates I've had.  Lotta noobs lately cause they want to try it after having played Synthetik 2.  It can get frustrating playing with noobs.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Digital Foundry has a video on it. It's not awful performance by any means it just has some, that on top of the basic bitch dungeons was like "I'll wait, I can always play SMTV or P5 or something again if I need to scratch the itch."

The biggest disappointment so far is there's no standout music. What the game has isn't terrible but nothing I want to listen to outside of playing the game. This was not the case whenever I play Persona or a mainline game.

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The biggest disappointment so far is there's no standout music. What the game has isn't terrible but nothing I want to listen to outside of playing the game. This was not the case whenever I play Persona or a mainline game.

Yea thats strange, it's not normal for an Atlus game to have ok music. 

Edited by RSG3

So rockstar had a massive security breach. Gameplay, assets and the source code for GTA6 were phished from an employee who had access to the sever all the GTA6 info was stored on.

Jason Schreier and several others are calling it the biggest video game leak in gaming history. 

I have absolutely no love for Rockstar or TakeTwo but this really sucks and hurts everyone. From company to consumers. No one should be celebrating this happening or shrugging it off like it’s no big deal. 

Who knows how long it took to make that source code

Who knows how long they’ve been working on GTA6 just for this to happen and potentially have everything scrapped.

Other games may also need to be scrapped due to using same source code. 

People will undoubtedly get fired for this. 

Work conditions at the company will likely worse . 

Theres going to be so many ripple effects within Rockstar and gaming companies as a whole due to this massive leak. 

shit sucks.

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, iStu X said:

So rockstar had a massive security breach. Gameplay, assets and the source code for GTA6 were phished from an employee who had access to the sever all the GTA6 info was stored on.

Jason Schreier and several others are calling it the biggest video game leak in gaming history. 

I have absolutely no love for Rockstar or TakeTwo but this really sucks and hurts everyone. From company to consumers. No one should be celebrating this happening or shrugging it off like it’s no big deal. 

Who knows how long they’ve been working on GTA6 just for this to happen and potentially have everything scrapped.

Theres going to be so many ripple effects within Rockstar and gaming companies as a whole due to this massive leak. 

shit sucks.

If was Rockstar I'd put out a press release addressing the leak and then say due to that the game has been delayed by a few years lol.  Don't even have to be real or not but say it regardless.  If the leakers gave a shit about the game they'd think twice about doing it and it'd also end up leaving a sour taste in everyone's mouth who was looking towards the game.  If the person responsible bragged about that shit online it'd probably put a target on their back.

I mean yes and no. Like GTA is fun, but I'm not chomping at the bit or anything. It just would be nice to nit have to wait longer then really needed, it's been 10 years since V came out and 3 console gets. Just kinda time for a new one and noe they have to start over. That sucks. 

Plenty of open world games to hold my attention tho, like I'm not crushed over it or anything. 

29 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Guess you guys are lookin' forward to gta6 eh?

8CE484BC-90E2-4AB5-A559-38B297C98B86.gif.a38bd647613a1a2b0f04a4378c0c54d5.gif

as I said: 

9 hours ago, iStu X said:

shit sucks.

There’s already been reports about rockstar ending remote work so they can keep a tighter lid on things. So that sucks. 

Edited by iStu X
25 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I mean yes and no. Like GTA is fun, but I'm not chomping at the bit or anything. It just would be nice to nit have to wait longer then really needed, it's been 10 years since V came out and 3 console gets. Just kinda time for a new one and noe they have to start over. That sucks. 

Plenty of open world games to hold my attention tho, like I'm not crushed over it or anything. 

Yeah, I guess waiting is hard if you really want to play a new gta.  I dont think this will hurt rockstar financially in any way...they've made billions on gta5. 

@iStu Xplease stop quoting me.  You're suppose to have me blocked and yet you still quote me.  And you only quote me to say stupid shit.  Grow up.

I'm not going crazy about the new GTA VI either but I do understand that there are far more people out there that care about GTA more than I ever could.  GTA is a fun game so being annoyed and/or mad about this is about being empathetic and putting things in perspective.  If this asshole had like hacked Platinum like 2 years ago and held Bayo 3's source code hostage I'd be WAY more pissed.  If this guy had hacked Squeenix and did this for FF7R2 or FFXVI I'd be pretty pissed.  I wouldn't want this to happen to a game that was way up high on my list that I was looking forward to and then have the possibility of the game getting delayed because of a shit piece hacker then I wouldn't want that to happen to anybody else.

Just think about all the people that get a job extension thanks to this.  Like some of you have said, they may have to start over.  That's job security.  Who cares about that though right, long as people get the game they want.🤣

I still have a feeling this is some bullshit pr stunt.  But it may not be.

edit - I'm still amazed every time I fire up GTA5 how much shit they crammed into that game.  The detail and shit.  I never finished the game...should all expect that from me by this point.  I'll finish it some day though.  I just get side tracked in those big open world games.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hilarious? How so, the people at Rockstar that no one likes, the execs, aren't affected by this. Only the everyday in employee is going suffer.

If Rockstar does decide that they're going to have to rework/start over then I'm pretty sure those employees will probably get put in near crunch mode at least to try to get the game back to where it was.

Just now, Sonichuman said:

If Rockstar does decide that they're going to have to rework/start over then I'm pretty sure those employees will probably get put in near crunch mode at least to try to get the game back to where it was.

You see most of those people quit if they do that. They lost years of work, No crunch is going to get that work back quick. 
Also it's Rockstar's own fault for not having backups. 

8 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

You see most of those people quit if they do that

History of game development proves this is next to never the case. Stop Spouting nonsense.

10 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I knew someone who used to work for their Online game tech support.

Did they stop being friends with you once they realized how much you suck? 

17 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Seeing Rockstar sweat gives me a  great sense of delight.
The schadenfreude is strong here.

Ur so kewl. Stay being petty by randomly downvoting my shit like you always do. You’re such a clown. 😂

Edited by iStu X
31 minutes ago, iStu X said:

History of game development proves this is next to never the case. Stop Spouting nonsense.

Did they stop being friends with you once they realized how much you suck? 

Ur so kewl. Stay being petty by randomly downvoting my shit like you always do. You’re such a clown. 😂

Say what you want, but how Rockstar decide to fuck the Modding community, 

spacer.png
I think it's funny and I'm tired of pretending it's not

Edited by DarkSakul