Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I can control myself.  I see that you three cannot.  Its pathetic and sad.

Anyone played this - https://store.steampowered.com/app/612820/Fallen_Legion_Rise_to_Glory/

Looks cool and there is a second game that came out on Steam.  I think the games were on Switch originally.  Just wondering what anyone's thoughts were on it.

spacer.png

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't know. I don't follow him. Only time I see him is one someone posts his nonsense. Like DSP, I got out of my way to avoid LTG.

They've always stuck me as one fraction of a glass almost empty to this genre. They usually come off casual acting, playful, but uses it as a means of wanting what they can never have. A heavy possessed ego have much to do with it to me. They just could never balance things out with it in conflict to their own performance. 

Edited by Emptyeyes_
1 minute ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

They've always stuck me as one fraction of a glass almost empty to this genre. They usually come off casual acting, playful, but uses it as a means of wanting what they can never have. A heavy possessed ego have much to do it to me. They just could never balance things out with it in conflict to their own performance. 

LTG just can't accept the fact that he's mid at best and will probably never be anything more then mid. He'll never win a major, or a regional. He'll never be more then a midling YouTube personality. 

24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

LTG just can't accept the fact that he's mid at best and will probably never be anything more then mid. He'll never win a major, or a regional. He'll never be more then a midling YouTube personality. 

The best thing is that in comparison to DSP gets thrown around a lot but people tend to forget that in the mid to late aughts DSP was winning major tournaments left and right. He even won Super Turbo at Evo West. 

Edited by iStu X

Have any of you tried Luna on Amazon?  I tried it once, played Bloodrayne 2 and it ran ok.  But I got bsod after I exited the app or whatever it was.  Gonna check it out again today using a 7 day free trial thing.  I wont ever pay for this service but if its free I'll check it out here and there.

couple freebies from EGS

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/ark

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/gloomhaven-92f741

1 minute ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Have any of you tried Luna on Amazon?  I tried it once, played Bloodrayne 2 and it ran ok.  But I got bsod after I exited the app or whatever it was.  Gonna check it out again today using a 7 day free trial thing.  I wont ever pay for this service but if its free I'll check it out here and there.

couple freebies from EGS

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/ark

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/gloomhaven-92f741

Never even heard of it before. I'm not terribly interested in game streaming personally. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's a military based game. The only thing that needs modernizing are the tech and guns

I only know that I don't trust Ubisoft into "modernizing it"

Every time they try to make something to appeal to modern audience is the definition of "how do yo do fellow kids" 

Like the Xdefiant or Riders Republic.

Which BTW, Riders Republic is fun to play, but the writing of that game is cringe inducing, lol

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Unless it's Rayman I don't trust Ubisoft to make something I would like. Splinter Cell is the only hope assuming it's not some generic ass open world.

“Although we’re still in the very earliest stages of development, what we’re trying to do is make sure the spirit of the early games remains intact, in all of the ways that gave early Splinter Cell its identity,” producer Matt West said when the game was announced.

“So, as we’re building it from the ground up, we’re going to update it visually, as well as some of the design elements to match player comfort and expectations, and we are going to keep it linear like the original games, not make it open world.”

58 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Unless it's Rayman I don't trust Ubisoft to make something I would like. Splinter Cell is the only hope assuming it's not some generic ass open world.

If you like RTS’s I definitely recommend the Mario + Rabbids game. It’s genuinely amazing. It’s very “babies first RTS” but not in a bad or insulting way. Also the post game challenge maps  can get crazy stressful 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

The internet was a mistake 

If you actually go in the comments there are people excusing the harassment because Respawn isn't giving the answers that they want or addressing whatever.  There's always that group that can't express concern or disappointment in a product now without making it personal or understanding they're human beings too.  Even worse if about Apex (assumption here because thats the most active game they have right now) because its free to play. 

13 hours ago, iStu X said:

If you like RTS’s I definitely recommend the Mario + Rabbids game. It’s genuinely amazing. It’s very “babies first RTS” but not in a bad or insulting way. Also the post game challenge maps  can get crazy stressful 

I always see that game go on sale for chump change. I never pulled the trigger on it due to hating the rabbits. I'm still salty over that period of time when they made Rayman a side character in his own series and then over took it. They are annoying as fuck to boot.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I always see that game go on sale for chump change. I never pulled the trigger on it due to hating the rabbits. I'm still salty over that period of time when they made Rayman a side character in his own series and then over took it. They are annoying as fuck to boot.

They're somehow infinitely worse then the Minions are and those guys wore out their welcome ages ago. 

Edited by RSG3