Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

That's how all competitive games work, new one comes out old one dies. For an online only game that means death of the game itself. 

You and me know that.

But most for most "normies", this will be perhaps one of tthe 1st instances of this happening.

Since even for games like sports games like Fifa or COD, players can easily jump back to many of those games or not migrate immediately.

This is the first time for many people to see a game being killed completely in favor of its sequel.

Rumors floating around that Sony is remakestering Horizon Zero Dawn for the PS5...apparently there are some pictures floating around out there.   I wouldn't be surprised if this is true because 1.  LoU P1 for PS5 exists and 2. HZD has that TV series coming out...and much like the LoU the rumors of a remakester started floating when the show started becoming a thing.

Smh....

Edited by Sonichuman
6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Rumors floating around that Sony is remakestering Horizon Zero Dawn for the PS5...apparently there are some pictures floating around out there.   I wouldn't be surprised if this true is the case because 1.  LoU P1 for PS5 exists and 2. HZD has that TV series coming out...and much like the LoU the rumors of a remakester started floating when the show started becoming a thing.

Smh....

This is the true remaster generation. 

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I don't buy that rumor.

Before the TLOU1 remake, I'd be with you 100%. Now, I'm not so sure. I hope not. The PS4 version of HZD has a 60fps patch for PS5. 

Side note: When are you founding Purebeast Cabs? Someone has to put a stop to Arcade1UP. "Don't let Arcade1UP let you down, when Purebeast Cabs is around."  😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Before the TLOU1 remake, I'd be with you 100%. Now, I'm not so sure. I hope not. The PS4 version of HZD has a 60fps patch for PS5. 

Side note: When are you founding Purebeast Cabs? Someone has to put a stop to Arcade1UP. "Don't let Arcade1UP let you down, when Purebeast Cabs is around."  😉

TLOU is a PS3 game that's like a decade old.  HZD is an end of gen PS4 game.  I know there was a PS4 remake of TLOU but the OG is almost a decade old and 2 gens ago.

The screen shots going around with the rumors are probably the PSVR2 game.  I'm totally speculating though as I haven't seen the screen shots.  I just don't buy it.

And fuck that I don't wanna get in the arcade cab business lol.  I'd rather A1up sell those pieces of junk if that means less real cabs getting raped. 

And damnit one of my Rush 2049 SE cab's monitor went out last night.  Was working fine Saturday then yesterday the monitor won't power on.  That's going to be fun to fix...

Edited by purbeast

Diablo 3 --- so I finally got my seasonal Necro up to 70 and got some paragon points and all that jazz... the Rathma's Set is the reward for Necro this season.  This is the first time I'm playing with that with the change from a few updates ago...yeah, this is how it should've been all along.  Rathma's set bonuses now make your resurrected minions permanent.... this is just how necromancy should work by default in any game, imo.  It's not that cool when your resurrected minions are only on the field for a limited time.  So yeah...currently my latest Necro is always equipped with a full squad of reanimated dead minions at all times like a proper necromancer.

16 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

@RSG3bruh I'm serious! I could see it making sense both ways, and I missed the direct so I haven't heard it said out loud.

Dammit 😂

It's tears like crying. Nintendo confirmed this for us like the day after the trailer released cuz this was a legitimate debate in the Zelda community lol. That's why I laughed thought you where playing on that. 

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Crystal Dynamics setup a Legacy of Kain franchise survey

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7017965/Legacy-of-Kain-franchise-survey

Filled it.

This will sound as i am being a heathen, but as a game I can see as point of reference for gameplay, I recommended Nier Automata/Devil May Cry 5, since Defiance was basically trying to be that kind of game, and in some way, previous games felt were trying to go in that kind of direction.

I specified that only in the combat area, that I still want puzzles, exploration, etc,

Splatoon 3: You know, Reginald, I don't think I've made you suffer enough. You beat the first wave of this Salmon Run? How about I hit you with the good old "the connection is unstable" bit to frustrate you for a moment, only to have it clear up? *In Beast Wars Megatron voice* Yeeeeeesssssssss. Did you like having hope? Because I'm going to take it away along with not just one, not two but ALL THREE OF YOUR TEAMMATES!!! Have fun on Wave 2 all by yourself. In Profreshional +1. WITH A GOO TUBER!!!!

He-Man Lol GIF by Masters Of The Universe

Me: Cry Crying GIF

Edited by RegH81

I took the Legacy of Kain... I also suggested DMC and Bayonetta; "stylish action" is the pinnacle of the genre, imo... I'd be fine if everyone tried to copy that blueprint to how the combat should flow. 

I like that they had a question for least-desired genres---- Of course my least-desired ones are the complete opposite of that: the turn-based rpg, visual novels,  MMOs, tactics, get that garbage alllll the way out of my face.  I hate MMOs for other reasons anyway... they also brought in the thing (forced/required online-connection) that infected and ruined rest of the industry.  MMOs are the only one that seriously requires that due to the concept...and  it should've stayed right there with that shitty genre.

genji 1 was good, but bujingai had a combat system that made me wish someone had made a fighting game based on its combat.

see in buji you had autoblock which would make fighting game fans scoff.

but heres the thing. u autoblock but in that game, it had an interesting rock paper scissors system.

you had guard, attack, and dodge. but everything revolved around the guard meter. getting attacked meant your guard meter going down. if fully down your guard gets broken and u eat combo.

so u dodge, to protect your guard meter and u can get your meter back up. but u have to win the fight so u gotta go on offense. and the game becomes a dance of who can guard break first by juggling when u gonna dodge, attack, or guard based on watching your guard and your opponents flower petal guard meter. using this rock paper scissor system the guard meter presents. toss in the dope kung fu movie dance of 2 characters attacking and blocking and clashing.

words tryin to describe how incredibly good that buji system felt in your hands, dont do it justice. you gotta exp it yourself to know how a fighting game would feel if it had this system in place.

while playing bunjigai..all i said was "man i wish this game had a pvp versus fighting game mode." cuz the AI was never challenging/smart enough to truly push the combat system and challenge you to the limit.

if i made a fighting game it would b based off of bujingai combat system.

the problem with bujingai was the super shitty boring bland level design, the lack of variety of enemies, with most enemies being non human and non human enemies never pushed the guard meter system. only the human enemies were ever a challenge to your skill lvl and there were too few of em sprinkled in the game.

but that guard meter system was addictive and brilliant. sadly the devs created gold. but never did anything else with that golden guard meter system they invented.

you should try it. but my advice is crank the game difficulty to max from the start cuz the ai is a bit too simple minded and the guard meter system needs the ai to play against you as smartly as it can.  and when u fight against the humanoid opponents, namely the sword carrying minibosses, just keep restarting the level just to play against them to see how damn good this guard meter management system is. its the best. THE very best system. ive played alotta fighting games with all their systems the different devs try to invent. everything pales in comparison to bujingai's system. man i wish they had made a fighting game after this game. it be the biggest most popular fighter ever.

again if u never experienced buji's combat mechanic especially against the humanoid enemies you just wouldnt understand how freaking exciting thrilling and satisfying it is.

traditional fighting games just feel clunky and dull and stiff after u play it.

big edit

i had a difficult time, trying to describe the guard mechanic and why its THE best system in regarding to fighting. 

that if u havent exp it yourself u wouldnt get it.

so after an hour of thinking about it. how to put the bujingai combat system into words and why it works so well.

ok

imagine this.

its essentially like a game of chess but a math game. yea. its math.

so lets say we play each other.

u get 10 flower petals. me too. each have 10 to work with.

i attack u 3 times. i subtract 3 from your 10.

its now 10 to 7.

you dont just sit there blocking eating combo and getting ready to get guard broken. course not.

so you got 2 choices. dodge or clash by attacking while im attacking.

dodging gains you 2 flower petals back. but clashing gains you 1 petal, but i lose 4 petals.

so it becomes a game of math. where u decide how to manage this guard meter system of numbers.

i subtraact 4 from u by clashing. but u dodge 2x to gain those 4 back. 

if i dodge i gain 2 petals more safely than trying to clash. but i dont have invincibilty frames on my start up or recovery, so theres risk. but clashing is even riskier cuz if i mistime i gain nothing but damage. its just this beautiful system of doing the risk reward with your math. cuz its math essentially. you dont really hav to do any adding or subtracting or counting because you can do everything visually but small vs large gains to your flower petal meter. 

lastly, the devs of bujingai created a combat system that is constantly in a ebb and flow that never stops. because they themselves stated officially they wanted to make a 1980s shaw bros kung fu movie in how the combat worked. in a kung fu movie characters are both attacking and defending at the same time which looks like a dance.

and thats exactly what they made with the combat.

bujingai combat mechanic feels like you are playing this.

giphy.gif

theres a ebb and flow to the fighting that feels very kung fu movie ish. very free flowing thrilling and constant.

while other combat and fighting systems found in fighting games and action games  dont in comparison. and thats why i wish the devs of bujingai had realized the golden goose they had when they invented this unique combat mechanic and that it wouldve worked perfectly as a fighting game. it worked as a action game mechanic too but it wouldve shined as a fighting game.  

roman cancels and focus attacks and all these systems and mechanics different devs from diff studios try to invent.

it all pales compared to bujingai's sytem.

these devs try to reinvent the wheel but the bujingai devs perfected the wheel. its just sad its in a sub par game. and not even a fighting game. its sad they didnt realize that what they invented couldve been used in a fighting game and they didnt realize what they had. cuz if they had realized what they had, and made a fighting game using the same exact mech. pfft it be huge. the game wouldve been blockbuster huge. but they didnt so 😭

Edited by VirginDefiler
36 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Framerate looks a little sus in parts but I'm guessing it's in the graphics or fidelity mode or whatever the hell it's called.  Hope they have a performance mode in 1080p.

I don't really give a crap about remakes but this is the rare case and I will be getting that game.  I don't really remember anything about the OG one story wise but I remember the atmosphere in that game was incredible and I remember the HUD being groundbreaking at the time, with the ammo/health and stuff just built into the suit and guns. 

But the atmosphere was amazing and I can't imagine how badass it will be on my current setup compared to what it was like playing on my DLP back in the day lol.  I remember how badass the sound was when you went spacewalking.  Can't wait to hear how good it sounds now.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Ive always known Bujingai as the game with Gackt as the lead character. It did look cool and fast paced tho. Ive always wanted to try it.

Dunno how I ended with t6hat game in my collection back in the day.

I only know that despite its flaws I really enjoyed playing it since it had some good ideas in terms of gameplay.

Nowdays it will be considered kind of janky and limited specially if we compare it to more modern games and games that have aged better like DMC3 for example.

32 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I really want to know how big of a group these people are who want Mario to have an ass for no reason.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

I'm just going to guess that they want more Plumber's Crack

There are quite a number of people on twitter either complaining that Mario doesn't have a dump truck or just remarking on the lack of ass lol.  I don't even know anymore. 

Edit:  You know it would be funny if the next trailer we have after this Mario magically ends up with cake cause I know the creators are seeing this "criticism" floating around.

Edited by Sonichuman