Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Man the new Elden Ring update is pretty nuts. It's basically Buffs across the board. They separated PVP scaling and PVE scaling. They made a bunch of shit strong again. 

Really cool. 

Edit: Ah Million too slowed me by 5 seconds lol. 

He's been training under Sensei @Sonichuman, his master has taught him well.

So I picked up Far Cry: New Dawn on sale the other day. Thought I had my fill of the series already, but damned if I'm not having fun with it despite being pretty much the same as the series has been since 3. I think the games are just so packed with samey content that they overstay their welcome before they're done. Guess I just needed a long break to be able to enjoy it again.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Small thread from Hellena Taylor, Bayonetta's voice actress in all games until 3. States that she was only offered $4000 to return as the title character.

FUCK....I am literally BESIDE myself right now.  I'm wondering how much they offered Jennifer Hale for this role now because if they only offered her $4000 then what did they pay Jennifer to sign on to take her place?  Jennifer is arguably *checks* no...it's not arguable...it's objective, Jennifer has a WAY larger resume than Hellena so I can only imagine that bringing Jennifer on to play Bayo would have been way more expensive than bringing Hellena back to play so that's the big thing that's not adding up with this.  This is also being dropped within 15 days of the games release so I imagine she wrestled with dropping this for some time by why now if "she doesn't care about the NDA?" 

I really want to have more information on this situation cause I was primed to buy this game and now I'm in super hesitant mode at the moment because if they did in fact low ball her in a scummy manner like that then I can't in good conscious condone this...and then on the other hand I'm looking at the franchise as a whole and I want Bayo to succeed regardless and not buying this game could potentially fuck over the IP in long run.....FUCK.

Edit: 

4th video

Edited by Sonichuman

Damnnnn this is a tough one... as you guys know this is also one of my favorite franchises of all time, so it's an understatement to say I'm conflicted about Bayo 3 now. 

GameXplain is on it already 

I wonder if Grey DeLisle is still in there as Jeanne?  That's another one where the voice is critical.

Edited by MillionX

I can't imagine Taylor risking her career by lying about how she was treated by Platinum. There is history of VAs in the West getting treated like garbage before. Most recently with the VAs of the Jujutsu Kaisen movie coming out with being paid less than $400 with no residuals even after the movie made 30 million. But we'll see how this plays out. Both of them need to give more information so it doesn't just become people arguing for one side.