Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Hey bro do you mind posting a slight summery of what the video is about at least? Can't even see the full video title I have no idea what it's actually about. 

Basically that Jim Ryan (Sony PlayStation CEO) saying "we believe in generations" has aged like fine milk.

Cross gen games will not stop soon, so a lot of Sony offerings will be "held back" by the previous gen, since they don't want to leave the millions of active players on ps4 behind.

This strategy will be considered on game to game basis.

Which, well...

... duh

This gen had a really rocky beginning, so I am not surprised, and I do believe that outside specific games, most games wouldn't really hurt much for having to consider the PS4 in their scope.

One of the best weapon drops in Dead Cells just now... on 3-cell difficulty... a Giantkiller sword IX++.  13k regular dps... 64k critical...and this isn't even upgraded to S-rank yet.  On top of this it has +80% damage to poisoned enemies, and yep I have a turret that does poison damage....and passives that boost my damage even further. This is with 26 points in Brutality so far.  I also have the "Powerful Grenade" that's X++, doing 23k damage.  The damage this build is putting out is disgusting. 

*edit---adjusted the numbers since I just picked up 2 more scrolls... and there's more to go since I'm in the Caverns now.

S-rank Giantkiller sword---now it's 70k on critical. 😮

Giant just got DESTROYED...holy shit he never stood a chance against all this damage...

2 more scroll in the next room after Giant.  The sword is now at 93k on critical dps.

*Yep----I've never destroyed the final boss that fast before....haha the dude had NO hope against this power.

Edited by MillionX
31 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

What PS5 game do you guys think has the best graphics?

HFW looks great, as does Ript Afart. 

I'm looking forward to Dadnarok. I bet it's gonna look sick.

I haven't played TLOU Remake, but I'm assuming it looks pretty good too.

Edit: Miles with Raytracing is pretty stunning, especially in the hybrid performance mode. I'm with Hecatom though- I play all my games in performance, and they still look amazing. I actually think they look better in performance because the hit to fps in quality mode is way more noticeable than the hit to resolution in performance mode while playing. 

Edited by Chadouken
57 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Here is something to see while people wait on the "new OW2 BR mode"

3_sojourn-clothed.png

Spoiler

1_junkerqueen-full.png

31 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

unknown.png

I don't necessarily disagree with what they were attempting to do but at the same time I also get how it's frustrating from a consumer perspective especially if you might be not of an age to own a phone or you have a prepaid phone that they didn't accept.  I mean there's always IP bans...but I don't think too many games actually do IP pans..they furthest they go is permaban the console.

15 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't necessarily disagree with what they were attempting to do but at the same time I also get how it's frustrating from a consumer perspective especially if you might be not of an age to own a phone or you have a prepaid phone that they didn't accept.  I mean there's always IP bans...but I don't think too many games actually do IP pans..they furthest they go is permaban the console.

This is how Epic does it. 

They have different types of bans

Bans that are only for an amount of time, which depends of the rules broken.

Bans that block your account from a game like Fortnite.

Bans that block your account from the store

And Bans that nuke your account.

The later in theory allows you to create a new account.

BUT, if you are found trying to circumvent the ban, depending of what you did, can lead to the ban of your new account.

There are no IP bans, since you can have multiple accounts of different people coming from the same IP.

What they have are machine bans.

Where using the Mac address of the pc or console can automatically ban any account that comes from that machine.

This of course can lead that a person that bought a machine banned console has their account banned.

Now, what can lead to a machine ban requires you to really fuck up, since is usually not delivered so freely.

They for example don't ban you if for example your PS4 account gets banned and now you are coming on a new ps4 account and managed to demonstrate that you are the owner of the account, since the fuckup is outside the platform.

Using the phone as way to mitigate the issues they are attacking with this method is very, very flawed, since they are not only gatekeeping a good portion of their playerbase, but also if they are not aware that phone falls under said categories they don't accept, then it can be easily exploited.

We are already seeing it at the moment, where there are people using Personal Virtual Phone Numbers to access OW2.

Then you have countries like mine, where a phone number can be easily moved between both types of services, and even between service providers, and also changing the phone number without changing the sim card, making their security system kind of pointless for people around here.

There are better ways they can handle it, and tbh, i am surprised they have not tried them instead of doing this.

it's a lot of empty space in this vid, skip to 34:35

Edit:  They got Koji Kondo also working on the score for this movie!?

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Edit 2:  I'm now on the 3rd watch of the trailer with the 2nd one showing my son and then the 3rd because he wanted to watch it again.

This movie looks fucking amazing graphically.  This movie is gonna look crazy in the theater.  There is nothing I can complain about this movie from a graphical standpoint.  The lighting his on point, the characters are super detailed and look like they're supposed to albeit with an amazing amount of polygons.  They made Bowser look like a god damn bad ass in the opening shot of this trailer and the humor is already making me laugh with the fucking penguins lol.  I never thought Jack Black would be perfect as Bowser but he sounds like he's going to kill this.  Keegan is amazing as Toad so far and Chris is ok but I'm trying to hold judgement but it barely sounds like he has any sort of inflection in his voice.  He just kind of sounds  like he's speaking normally but I wanna hear more of him in another trailer.  The fact that they got Koji actually helping to make the music for this movie makes it sound like Nintendo is definitely not fucking around with this.   If this movie is amazing then PLEASE...give me my Zelda or Metroid movie next. 

Edited by Sonichuman

VGM Fridays First Post!  So I said I was going to do a bit of research into Hispanic game composers and find a few but most of them have done music for games that I'm not fully familiar with or are not really well known in terms of music.  Also I thought Tee Lopes was hispanic but he's Portuguese aaand when I looked up if that counted apparently there's an argument regarding that?  I'm not Hispanic sssssooo I decided to just Seinfeld "I'm out" gif on that.

Alberto Jose Gonzalez has done a ton of work on handheld games.

Mikel Dale seems to be fairly new and he's working on the music for kickstarted game Silent Kingdom

Malukah has contributed vocals to tracks for Journey, CoD, and Elder Scrolls Online (also composed for this too).  Apparently she's also contributed vocals to Season 2 of Stranger Things.

Jose the Bronx Rican I know more about since he started out as a OCremixer and he still is.  He was responsible for DJ's and Vega's theme from ST HD Remix.  He's also became the one responsible for a lot of the graphics in OCR's videos that accompany the remixes recently.  HD Remix is the only major game I'm aware of that Jose has taken a part in but I'm going to count it.

SixtoSounds otherwise known more so now as Juan P. Medrano is also someone I know more since he started out as an OCremixer and as far as I know is still putting remixes on the site.  He's still pretty active on the site but he hasn't put or been involved in something in awhile with the last thing being part of an Okami remix.  He was responsible for Ken's theme from HD Remix and as far as I know that's the only major VG game he's been involved in but again I'm going to count it.

Mariachi Entertainment System is also a group I'm familiar with and have actually posted some of their stuff on VGMFridays on here.  They actually contributed to Guacamelee 2's OST.

This is all I got right now.  I'm sure there's probably a few out there that I'm probably missing.

been playin METAL UNIT lately. its fun. her mech's dodge feels alot like a mix of witchtime and the dodge flip from ninja gaiden arcade cab. if u ever played it. 

she has alot of invinc on it but u still die get hit alot cuz theres some enemies that sadly do contact damage, and plus theres alotta bullet hell in the game.

its a very polished game.

i really like how she will say pew pew when she bucks off with any machine gun. she says other cute stuff too.

p.s. theres light sabers in the game that make the vroom vroom noise.

its yea i recommend metal unit alot. def worth it

https://youtu.be/Mre3Lv25xc0?t=1150

Edited by VirginDefiler

VGM Friday regular contribution!  3 of my selections today are not quite random off my playlist like normal.  Gamechops released Beats of Rage last week and I wanted to put a spotlight on it.  Unfortunately they haven't put the individual tracks up by themselves so hopefully these start where the track in question does.  Also The Consouls put out a Dracula's Castle cover this week, thought it was too good to not put up.