Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Apparently Moonscars has a game bustin' bug near the end of the game.  So take your time with it if you're playing.

zgRzZQE.png

https://twitter.com/PlayHumbleGames/status/1574760936191234051?s=20&t=TJQpRVr47B4HhO8Fy5fLCg

Also this little bit of rumor that seems interesting - https://wololo.net/2022/09/27/ps5-with-detachable-disc-drive-rumors-genius-idea-or-dumb-marketing-gimmick-would-current-digital-edition-ps5-models-be-compatible/

C9rr1tI.png

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Dead Cells...

sheeeitttt, there's always that bit of satisfaction in beating the odds when you get a curse (1 hit = death for you).  You get a 50-kill curse(!) if you break the door on the first area to get that blue "Pokeball" item; I forgot what it's actually called... you have to throw it at an enemy which then transforms them into an elite, then use the "Extractor" item to kill them and get a guarantee on whatever their item drop is.  The last run I played earlier, I managed to survive that curse, getting all 50 kills in the Sewers area.  

I've been playing on 2-cell difficulty just so it's a *bit* more chill....heh, funny that "Very Hard" is actually "chill mode" in comparison to the absolute insanity that is the highest difficulties.  On the Switch version, I never made it beyond 4-cell, actually.  On the pc version I'm only up to 3-cell at the moment....also just unlocked the Hattori katana, which is one of my favorite weapons in the game.

"....will Million ever get tired of that damn Dead Cells game?!?"

Nope.

Edited by MillionX

Well, today I spend most of the day listening to this retrospectives of SH.

Really well done.

Is the same kid that made a full retrospective about the LoK series.

Dunno why, but I like seeing younger players discover the classics and listening their thoughts about then.

You can say that he really enjoyed the games seeing that it prompted him to make which is basically an 8 hour retrospective series about the games, lol.

56 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Skull and Bones delayed again

https://www.ign.com/articles/skull-and-bones-delayed-for-the-fifth-time

Cyberpunk 2077 has passed 20 mill in sales

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-passes-20-million-copies-sold

PS+ games for October announced

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-plus-games-for-october-2022-announced

Injustice 2, Hotwheels, and Superhot.

I heard good things about Hotwheels.

It seems that it has a great track creator.

i played a lil of Thymesia on amazon luna. 

uh, i died alot. mostly tryin to get use to the funky controls. cuz im not use to the attack buttons not being on the face buttons but the trigger buttons which felt hella weird to me. i never played a souls game or a souls like game. just tenchu which all soulslike games are based on. so i have a good jist of how i should play. but i def had to remap the buttons. so getting use to the controls was harder for me than the enemies. 

but what i didnt like about the game is that the game's combat mechanics become super complex in less than 15 minutes when they introduced the feather weapon.

in this particular game, unblockable attacks are displayed as a green aura. u can stuff an unblockable attack if u toss a feather at the enemy when they glow green.

cool.

problem is the enemy also glows green when they heal. so it throws off the timing of when u should toss your feather. youll end up tossing a feather when theyre healing, wasting a feather. and then not tossing the feather when theyre glowing to launch that unblockable.

but the thing that bugs me most ablout the game is the parry.

cuz the parry aint really a parry but a block, cuz u think its a parry till u actually parry..but then u see it sucks balls cuz the parry doesnt stagger at all. which is just plain weird, then u realize by it not staggering that its not a parry but more like a block but since it doesnt stagger it sucks. and literally better to never use.

its not a bad game. but its gonna take time getting use to..what to use vs just ignore these few mechanics and never use em cuz they suck.

in other words it feels harder than it is, cuz 

a)control config is weird af, i cant fuck with it when attacks are not being face buttons

b)parry aint really parry so dont, and feather timing is harder than it should cuz enemies glow when healing not just when they bout to throw unblockable at you so just dodge cuz fuck a feather.

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

🤣

I'm not a GTA fan at all but I personally though the GTA6 engine looked pretty damn good.  Like the lighting and stuff was significantly better than anything they have put out.

Yes, the framerate was crap, but there is also a shitload of debug stuff going on in those videos and that stuff is super taxing which would cause a bunch of slowdown.

I will admit though, I only watched a couple minutes of videos so I didn't go through all the leaks.

Edited by purbeast
3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm not a GTA fan at all but I personally though the GTA6 engine looked pretty damn good.  Like the lighting and stuff was significantly better than anything they have put out.

Yes, the framerate was crap, but there is also a shitload of debug stuff going on in those videos and that stuff is super taxing which would cause a bunch of slowdown.

I will admit though, I only watched a couple minutes of videos so I didn't go through all the leaks.

There was a lot of stupid takes online when the footage was revealed that shouldn't have been made in the first place.  The industry is old enough now that the majority of us are now at least aware of how the bacon is being made in at the farm on at least a surface level.  Saying dumb shit about a potential pre alpha level build of a game that doesn't even have a date yet like "these graphics and the U.I. look terrible" is some willful ignorant shit to say at this point.  Nigh unexcusable unless you're like under 10 years old.  I'm surprised that it looks this decent this early on to be honest and it actually bodes well for the game whenever it gets released in the next 4 years.

Edited by Sonichuman
8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Well, today I spend most of the day listening to this retrospectives of SH.

Really well done.

Is the same kid that made a full retrospective about the LoK series.

Dunno why, but I like seeing younger players discover the classics and listening their thoughts about then.

You can say that he really enjoyed the games seeing that it prompted him to make which is basically an 8 hour retrospective series aI cabout the games, lol.

I can't speak from your experience but for me its probably a combination being able to experience a game again through a very fresh set of eyes and a different perspective especially if its from a generation thats younger from us that wants to have an appreciation of what came before.  Also can't hurt to also feel kind of valid in your feelings of a game when someone from that different generation understands what makes the game what it is and even more so if its one of those titles that had a ripple effect in the industry when it dropped.

Ok hell yeah---The Knight Witch looks like my kind of action; that's as good as bought asap....it will be out on everything too, so it's just a question of whether I want it on Switch or for my Steam Deck.

heh, it would be cool to play Diablo 3 on the Deck, but only if it were the console version... pc D3 is forever the shitty, inferior version, imo.  Yes, I take a certain bit of petty satisfaction in the fact that 99% of the Diablo fanboys will say otherwise or secretly agree but probably refuse to ever admit it.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Fantastic. I feel vindicated for having waited lol. Didn't know it would get one just hadn't gotten to Cuphead yet.

My procrastination pays off once again!!!

Edit: The Witch Knight looks cool as does Inertial Drift Rivals. I have the base game for Switch (Don't buy this versionnits performance is awful) and it's really fun, I want to acoop it for PS4/5 when I get the chance. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm not a GTA fan either but I agree. The game looked promising. It was clearly really early footage. Still it was clear that it was big step up from GTAV.  All these Twitter shit takes, not the mushroom, from people that don't know their elbows from their assholes was laughable. People actually saying stuff like "the graphics get done first". We've seen games significantly improve when they are six months from launch. GTA6 is a ways off and IIRC this footage was from 2019 or 2020.

I watched several of the leaked videos and I thought the game looked good for what was there.  All that shit on the screen and different programs running and such...and its not even a build yet.  Like, its less than like whatever is the earliest builds people see is.  People just wanna be mad about something.

I totally forgot about Stadia.  Was doomed to fail.  Next to fall is that Luna on Amazon.

I think sound is more important to me than graphics or whatever lately.  If a game has shitty sound I wont play it long.  Just about all games now look pretty so I dont think about that as much. 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Graphics is generally one of the last things to fet done lol. 

Oh and

Whaaaaat?

Darc is also referencing to what other companies have been doing to support Rockstar to educate the ignorant on what a game looks like when it's being developed...since that's is something that's actually needed now.  Companies and artists have been putting up pre alpha build footage of games they released a week or so after the GTA6 leak.

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I can't speak from your experience but for me its probably a combination being able to experience a game again through a very fresh set of eyes and a different perspective especially if its from a generation thats younger from us that wants to have an appreciation of what came before.  Also can't hurt to also feel kind of valid in your feelings of a game when someone from that different generation understands what makes the game what it is and even more so if its one of those titles that had a ripple effect in the industry when it dropped.

Pretty much.

Plus that it also gives me hindsight of games I never played.

For example, I have been listening to his Fable Retrospective today while working and the games sound interesting enough to make me want to give them a try, at least the 1st 3.

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The thing that we all knew was going to happen at some point has happened

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/29/23378713/google-stadia-shutting-down-game-streaming-january-2023

It's nice of them to refund people money.

Edit: also wanted to add

willy-wonka-stop-dont-come-back.gif

Ohooooo yeah, now it's time... I am compelled to go check any Stadia-related forum I can find to see how the remaining Stadia fans are coping with the latest news.  This will be....so very delicious to see this all come crashing down.  I'm wondering if some will continue to be in denial like "just watch; it will come back..."

Sarcastic Oc GIF

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Thinking about it, this reminds me when the 1st son of my sister discovered Michael Jackson's music when he was a kid, iirc, he was 6yo, maybe 7 (he is 19 now).

Up until now, he is his favorite artists, there are certain works that are simply timeless, hence why they resonate with people regarding how many years after they came out have passed.

Also