Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Some of those look real fucked up.  Like they're midgets maybe or some other body retardation. 

Anyhow, I like some of them farming sim type games.  Crafting and shit like that.  I really didnt like those games but then I played My Time at Portia and I really enjoyed it.  I just keep trying shit in a genre till a game clicks. 

I started playing The Wandering Village yesterday.  Its pretty dope and cute.

silly question

do u guys enjoy the sega shinobi games? yea? do you also enjoy roguelites like dead cells? word? do u enjoy games like just cause where u call in air strikes and nuke everything? of course u do.

can u handle a game that combines all 3 games into one? u can?  

well.

lucky u.

ninja soul dropped today. its like 8 bucks.

n i got it. 

booting up this bitch rn. gonna put some disrespectful oni on blast. brb lol

Edited by VirginDefiler
3 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

silly question

do u guys enjoy the sega shinobi games? yea? do you also enjoy roguelites like dead cells? word? do u enjoy games like just cause where u call in air strikes and nuke everything? of course u do.

can u handle a game that combines all 3 games into one? u can?  

well.

lucky u.

ninja soul dropped today. its like 8 bucks.

n i got it. 

booting up this bitch rn. gonna put some disrespectful oni on blast. brb lol

I like the Shinobi concept but all the games (also not to stereotype but Ninja Gaiden games as well) have been too frustrating for me without me cheating to say I liked it. 

Still Ninja Soul does look interesting

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

@purbeast

That's a shame but kind of makes sense due to the technology.  There is no camera with PSVR2 like there is with PSVR, so there is really no way to track inputs on those games.  Also the resolution on PSVR games are much lower than what we'll see on PSVR2 so games would look like more ass than they do on PSVR.

Edited by purbeast
18 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Kinda curious as to why they aren't BC...based on if there is a legit reason of course like somehow the PSVR 2 is that much more advanced in functionality that it just does work well with the older games or something.

I'm guessing it's strictly the tech.

PSVR uses the eye-toy camera to track the lights on the move controllers or the light on the DS4 controller, to track where you are in space.  

PSVR2 doesn't have a camera like that at all, so there wouldn't be any way to track those inputs. 

Only a game like RE7, that uses a DS4 strictly for movement, would work on PSVR2, like from a technical point of view.

EDIT:

I'm guessing we will see some PSVR2 versions of PSVR games though.  I'd be shocked if Beat Saber isn't out at launch.  I just hope all my songs transfer over if so.

Edited by purbeast
2 hours ago, Wellman said:

I like the Shinobi concept but all the games (also not to stereotype but Ninja Gaiden games as well) have been too frustrating for me without me cheating to say I liked it. 

Still Ninja Soul does look interesting

i played a little this morning before going outside.

but i'll tell u what i exp from the lil that i played.

1, she cant duck for whatev reason which feels weird. coming from dead cells. maybe u get to duck as u progress and unlock shit idk.

2,she doesnt flip when she double jumps. 

3, u can jump dash jump dash 2x any order.

4, the game is def a roguelite cuz when u die, u gotta start from the very beginning. but the game give u weapons n magic or some scrolls when u respawn. u can also take an item of your choosing from your previous playthru into the new playthru post death.

5, right now it doesnt let me carry more than 1 weapon and 1 ninjitsu magic scroll. but the vid shows u carrying more so i assume u can unlock carrying more than 1 or magic 

6, eventually u unlock the ability to sell items u dont want, unlock new "mutations" via a skill tree. and stack attributes from one weapon onto a new weapon or ninja scroll. etc

7, the game REALLY REALLY wants u to learn to throw shuriken or kunai to counterhit an enemy as they flash red. think of the exclamation point over enemies in dead cells. they flash red, u throw kunai. enemy ges hit, they get into a stun state where if u hit dash she auto attacks doing a 1 hit k.o.

the game really wants u to learn n master it so u use it against the bosses. 

8, ur defense ops is just dash, u dont have full invincibilty start to finish on your dash but more than enuff to avoid getting hit.

the game isnt hard tbh. not easy, but not hard either. its fair. died a couple times against a few bosses but thats cuz im a scrub still and my skill isnt high of course.

it should b fine. but ive yet to experience late game stuff. so idk. but it feels good difficultywise. 

its fun n fast btw. the game.

Edited by VirginDefiler

I'm less interested in sf6 than I was in sf5.  I never even played 5.🥱

Anyhow...some free games.

Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1740150/AWOL/

EGS - https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/spirit-of-the-north-f58a66  

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/the-captain

Edit - I actually finally got sf5 just a couple/few months ago.  It came in some capcom bundle deal I think.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
46 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

is it racist of arcsys that the black girl break dances with a boom box?

Eh...borderline stereotype maybe but like J-ride said its probably reaching to say racist.  Its not something put on her with the clear purpose to make fun of or demean a group of people so just a boombox and breakdancing I wouldn't blink twice at.

Edit:  Started looking at the video and actually want to give Wayforward props on the skin tone on Provie's hands. 

Edited by Sonichuman
4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Most of the comments about Cyberpunk: Edgerunners has been positive from what I've seen.  Seems Netflix may have another animated VG adaptation win on service.  I'll probably check it out at some point.  May start trying to watch it here and there in the next few days.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. If you've played the game, you'll recognize a lot of the locations.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Valkyrie Elysium is pretty fun. Not entirely sure if I'd be willing to pay full price cuz it didn't wow me, but what's there is enjoyable. 

I'm planning to download that demo today myself if I can manage to over come some of this Covid. I'm pretty stoked, the VP IP was one i was sure was dead as fried chicken. I like the first one and I'm huge fan of the second one. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm planning to download that demo today myself if I can manage to over come some of this Covid. I'm pretty stoked, the VP IP was one i was sure was dead as fried chicken. I like the first one and I'm huge fan of the second one. 

So, is this game connected to those old Valkyrie Profile games? If so, this goes from a maybe purchase to a definite

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

So, is this game connected to those old Valkyrie Profile games? If so, this goes from a maybe purchase to a definite

Yes it is. This is a Valkyrie Profile game, that Combo Meter that fills up when fighting is DIRECTLY from VP1 and 2 and is primarily what the combat system revolved around. Fill combo meter to do big ass fucking God Supers. 

This looks to be a sequel to VP2 since our Valkyrie is brand new which would make sense after rthe end of VP2. 

It could also be a straight reboot tho, I am not sure.  I am 100% positive this is a VP game tho, the core system ideas from the series are here. 

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

That's dope. I got to play the first Valkyrie awhile back on psp but my data got erased, I remember liking the the characters and battle system alot. Maybe I should go finish those two before starting this new game 

If you play VP1 use a guide. I'm not fucking joking you will miss large chunks of the game without a guide. 99% of the time I say don't look at a guide for a game unless you are really stuck, like I tell people not to use guides for Souls games. 

Use a guide for VP1. You will miss so much because the game locks incredibly crucial content behind a series of cryptic and seemingly unrelated events, subsystems and equipment. As an example to unlock a certain route you have to unequip a piece of gear the game very specifically tells you to never remove.

Use a guide. You will have a lot more fun and see a lot more of the game. 

Edited by RSG3

I forgot if I posted this before but the same guy did a retrospective on Fable 2 as well... that game will always be a mixed bag for me.  There's so many things I enjoyed about it... but it had THE worst co-op I've ever seen in gaming, and the absolute worst final confrontation I've seen in anything in entertainment just generally speaking.