Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Gran Turismo movie will star David Harbour

https://www.ign.com/articles/gran-turismo-movie-david-harbour

Harbour will play a retired racecar driver who teaches the teenage protagonist how to drive, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film tells the tale of a real-life teenage Gran Turismo player who transcended video games to become an actual pro driver.

I was wondering how this was going to be a movie aaaaand there it is.

extra

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The best part is two months later G4 did a stream with a hot redhead in a bikini playing in a ball pit. Great way to stand behind Frosk lol

Better yet, it was Amouranth, whose only job is to be hot on camera. So it felt like they were REALLY throwing Frosk under the bus.

I don't mean to be misogynist; Amou has to be smart, raking in money whereas other OnlyFans/Twitch girls just as beautiful get peanuts. But it is what it is. I don't know what she's famous for outside of that.

Newest Mini console

And in case people don't know what the Sharp x68000 is

The X68000 is a home computer created by Sharp Corporation. It was first released in 1987 and sold only in Japan. Gaming was a major use of the X68000, with custom sprite hardware and an 8-channel sound chip enabling ports of contemporaneous arcade video games.

The X68000 was also used as a dev kit for many Capcom Arcade titles, including Street Fighter II, which this has a near perfect port of. 

Edited by DarkSakul
3 hours ago, Wellman said:

Capcom hedging their bets. If this fucks up they don't sully the Dino Crisis brand, I wish they had that consideration before calling that mobile turd they released Breath of Fire 6. 

WHAT BRAND!? Capcom never fixed things after 3 it's BEEN sullied and yet THERE'S STILL FANS! Capcom should be grateful they still have fans desiring a true new entry into the series. I would love to see an RE4/RE7 style DC game...but that's asking too much for Capcom right now. 

Lol, dunno how this person is so tonedeaf 🤣

She torpedos the G4Tv revival with her rant, this leads to people losing their jobs, and then proceeds to post this tweet, I assume mocking the "haters".

And while I am sure is not the intention, people, both that dislike her and that support her are calling her out because they seem it as rude towards the people that lose their jobs at best, and worst as kind of mocking them.

11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

She torpedos the G4Tv revival with her rant, this leads to people losing their jobs, and then proceeds to post this tweet, I assume mocking the "haters".

And while I am sure is not the intention, people, both that dislike her and that support her are calling her out because they seem it as rude towards the people that lose their jobs at best, and worst as kind of mocking them.

She's a fucking idiot. It's clear as day she's dumb as shit. 

She's the kind of person who can't understand why they have no friends. They don't realize they are actually an asshole and that's why no one likes them. 

11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Man.

The G4TV revival was doomed with or without her rant. You can get what they were providing in a million different places now. But she threw extra gas on the fire with that rant, and now she does this? I'm socially retarded and even I know not to do this.

I mean G4 really was struggling to do something that could get either a cable company or even a streaming platform to take notice and back them. If you are redoing stuff from the last with some eSport content that is no different from a number of gaming websites or game news focused YouTube or Twitch channels. She is not blameless but G4TV struggles can't be placed on any one person's feet. 

3 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I mean G4 really was struggling to do something that could get either a cable company or even a streaming platform to take notice and back them. If you are redoing stuff from the last with some eSport content that is no different from a number of gaming websites or game news focused YouTube or Twitch channels. She is not blameless but G4TV struggles can't be placed on any one person's feet. 

I doubt G4TV would have made with what they were going with anyway. That said, she killed all the momentum they had. Any chance outside chance of them finding their footing was destroyed by her. Usually things have a certain "grace period" that allows for changes to be made. She nuked that grace period.

2 minutes ago, Wellman said:

While they were not doing great, they were not hurting, and were actually having some growth on their channels.

Comes her and her rant, then they start actually losing views and subscribers in both twitch and youtube, enough for them to try to mitigate it by changing the names of the G4TV channel to Xplay and vice versa.

Not that it worked.

Is likely that sooner or later they would had hit a wall that would lead to this situation, since as you said, there are channels ran by less people doing the same thing for less money and getting more views.

But she certainly was a catalyst to happening much much sooner.

10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

This really sucks. Several of my favorite gaming journalists worked for Fanbyte. Irman Khan was one of them and he just announced he was fired while doing coverage at TGS. 

https://kotaku.com/fanbyte-website-layoffs-tencent-staff-g4tv-future-1849540893

Hey but Frosk made it, wanna play some games? We can play "Who can we cost their job while skating by for free?"

It's a banger. 

Edited by RSG3

Sony is happy about the Xbox-Actiblizz buyout investigation

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-pleased-with-xbox-activision-buyout-investigation-major-negative-implications-for-gamers

Interview with Harada, Tekken 8 a turning point

https://www.ign.com/articles/tekken-8-interview-katsuhiro-harada

Harada talks about working on Smash with Sakurai, says he's probably the only one who can properly do Smash

https://www.ign.com/articles/harada-praises-sakurai-smash-bros-tekken

T8 may have guest characters

https://www.ign.com/articles/tekken-8-harada-guest-characters

can't say I'm surprised.

19 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Dunkey made me realize that there's a LOT of farming sims...but in all seriousness, directs and state of plays should always be met with no expectations. 

Real talk right here. Mofos get waist deep into rumors and other ish then when the Direct/Play is streamed and rumors are proven false, peeps get all huffy about it. I get farming sims are yawn fest for some but others dig that stuff. I came away with stuff to be excited about from the Direct and I went in with no idea what to expect. 

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Glad guest characters possibly continuing in Tekken 8. I expect the usual fighting game guests and maybe one random as fuck pick like Negan. Give me Walt from Breaking Bad, damn it 😂

Double post but I dun give a fuck. 

This is kind of a great idea. I can see it already. His Rage Art is "Say My Name" and he runs you over with a Pontiac Aztec. His win Pose is "You're God damn right."

Edited by RSG3