Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

36 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

How would having backups help when someone stole the source code? 

And if they want to copy the shit, they will copy it. Obviously they are holding it at ransom and Rockstars being well Rockstars can't continue as they don't have it. 
Hence why they needed a back up. Pirates are going to pirate, but if you lost your copy and didn't back it up who can you blame but yourself.

3 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

And if they want to copy the shit, they will copy it. Obviously they are holding it at ransom and Rockstars being well Rockstars can't continue as they don't have it. 
Hence why they needed a back up. Pirates are going to pirate, but if you lost your copy and didn't back it up who can you blame but yourself.

How does a back up help them when the problem is the Source is out? How does a backup help them with someone else having the source code?  Even if they have a copy the raw source is still out there in the wild. It's completely compromised. How does a backup help with that?

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

That's wild seeing GTA6 leak like that, I'm sure the footage probably from a super old build but still must suck having shit get out prematurely. Somebody gettin fired and/or prosecuted for that lol 

The hacker is living in Dreamland if he thinks he can work out a deal with Take Two. They will put him through legal hellfire

I just noticed that Kim actually keeps her headphones (edit: she already has the headphones in she's just hitting play on the casette...don't know why I thought she was putting them in) in after her Level 3 and they got a visual effect around her head that indicates that she's blasting music through the headphones....Has anyone mentioned if she gets a passive buff from this cause that could be kind of neat.

Edited by Sonichuman
8 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I just noticed that KIm actually keeps her headphones in after her Level 3 and they got a visual effect around her head that indicates that she's blasting music through the headphones....Has anyone mentioned if she gets a passive buff from this cause that could be kind of neat.

It is a buff. She gets increase in damage and walkspeed.

3 minutes ago, Lantis said:

So it seems like they're not gonna scrap the game and start from scratch huh? Just continue as planned?

That seems to be the case.  Don't know if that'll be the best idea or not but we'll find out.   My only guess is that they don't think the source code has any backdoor bullshit in it that would put that they have planned for the game and the inevitable online stuff they plan to do in jeopardy.

Death Proof getting more content is super random. 

I love Arkane Studios, both Dishonored games are super awesome imo, but Death Proof...I dunno. That game was kind of a chore. I'm not really sure I understand why it got all the glowing reviews it got. 

I was really hype for it because it's basically Majoras Mask, an endless repeating Ground Hogs Day loop but here...it was tedious and a chore and not fucking awesome like in Majora's...

Edited by RSG3
43 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Death Proof getting more content is super random. 

I love Arkane Studios, both Dishonored games are super awesome imo, but Death Proof...I dunno. That game was kind of a chore. I'm not really sure I understand why it got all the glowing reviews it got. 

I was really hype for it because it's basically Majoras Mask, an endless repeating Ground Hogs Day loop but here...it was tedious and a chore and not fucking awesome like in Majora's...

From what I've heard the Deathloop DLC addresses the universally panned ending.

Just now, Faltimar the Dark said:

I also couldnt get into Deathloop.  I've tried twice now and its just not so fun.  I'll check it out again another day.  One of these times it will click and I will find fun in it.

Yea I've tried like 3 times now and I dunno it just isn't working for me. For some reason it's just not compelling. 

19 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Only game I can remember in the past decade+ that I tried playing multiple times and just wasn't for me was Horizon Zero Dawn.  I played it for like 6-8 hours each time before I just gave up on it.  It was just boring.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was that game for me. I tried to get into it but I didn't like how the combat worked and none of the characters grabbed. I finally gave up on it once I reached chapter 5 and never looked back

18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Spoiler

Hide contents

Colt is Julianna's father
The thing is that all their interactions are flirtatious and kind of sexual during the whole game and after the revelation, the game themes ends being considered about incest for a lot of people 🤷‍♂️

With Deathloop and 12 minutes, it was a great year for gamers who browses the incest tag on Phub.

As a game Deathloop had some fun spots but going through to get to the ending feels a bit like a chore because of what you have to do sometimes to get your targets where you want them. The premise makes you think open map Hitman with a time loop but it is not, falls a bit closer to a rogue like/lite I forget the exact one type of game as depending on your loop you can get or lose perks. If I remember right and not confusing it with the Far Cry DLC 

Edited by Wellman