Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Sony responds to Microsoft's 10 year CoD deal for Nintendo platforms and steam

https://gameluster.com/sony-responds-to-microsoft-thinks-nintendo-switch-could-never-run-call-of-duty/

Sony right now

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sony is so disingenuous with this opposition to the merger its not funny. I'm no fan of consolidation but with their track record they need to sit down and shut up before they screw themselves. Microsoft has not seemed to open both barrels on them yet. Games like Final Fantasy 7 Remake aren't on Xbox for a reason. Sony, since entry into the market, has made buying exclusivity (timed and actual) a common tactic. They were fine with it, until someone with a bigger bank account showed up. If I'm Microsoft's  lawyer, I'm going all the way back to the Saturn and PS1 days and airing out all their bullshit. I'd drop a War & Peace sized binder of their tomfoolery. "Sony can you explain paying Eidos money to not release Tomb Raider 2 on Sega Saturn in 1997?"

As for Call of Duty running on Switch. I remember Activision getting Call of Duty to run the Wii. They can do so if they want. Hell they've got CoD on mobile already. Sony is so full of shit, Splinter and Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles pay them rent.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
34 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

snip

You say that like if it hasn't been a common practice since the atari, colleco and intellevision days.

When Atari bought the exclusive rights to Pacman and went against any other company that made a maze runner type of game to protect their interests

Or how Nintendo didn't allow publishers to be able to publish their games on Sega either during the NES days.

Forcing the publishers to either create subsidiaries to publish new games on the same series exclusive to the sega, since publishing anything like the nes/snes megaman games was out of the question.

And M$ had some draconian shit that made the Nintendo blocks look like child play during the 360 days, where any digital game that launched on the PSN first was blocked to ever releasing on Xbox Live, and not allowing physical/digital bigger games to be released on the platform if they were released on the ps3 firts unless they added extra features exclusive to the xbox.

Or how the 2nd game on the new TR trilogy had a 1 year exclusivity on the lolbox one which ended killing any momentum the franchise gained with the 1st game.

Then add that Game studios also go for exclusivity deals on the early days of production to get extra money to offset the costs, so is not like is Sony and M$ forcing those deals from their own initiative.

The later games on the Dead Rising series were made with a first reject clause with M$, where Capcom approached them with a deal, and M$ then decided to go with it, try to make another deal or simply reject the offer.

Hence why they used to be exclusive to the platform for a long time, or how Capcom also approached both M$ and Sony to seek some form of deal for SFxT.

It is way more complex than just Sony/M$ bad, since the studios also do this.

But we can agree that IT SUCKS.

ALSO

While the way that Sony has been approaching this looks whinny, M$ buying Activision is ultra bad for the whole industry, be either Sony, M$ or Nintendo, I would support blocking this deal wholeheartedly, it needs to be blocked at all costs, and I would even go the extra mile and say that Xbox should be broke out from M$ and made them 2 independent companies, like Sony Interactive Entertainment is a complete different company from Sony Music, Sonic Films and Sony.

29 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

no fucking way dude

Pocahontas is the reason why FTC is trying to block the MS/Zenimax merger lmao

Also, the replies to that tweet, I always knew that some gamers are retarded, but jesus, I guess that the venn diagram of the average twitter user and the retarded gamer yields some of the worst takes one could see.

31 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Also, the replies to that tweet, I always knew that some gamers are retarded, but jesus, I guess that the venn diagram of the average twitter user and the retarded gamer yields some of the worst takes one could see.

The people defending the merger because Microsoft is last on the console market is laughable. They should look up what M$ did with Netscape to get an idea of what will happen.

Edit:

sooo Dead Cells is doing a collab with Castlevania.  Dracula, Alucard, and Trevor Belmont are in it.  Dead Cells Return got Castlevania.  Coming out on all platforms.

Best Mobile game went to Marvel Snap.

Some mobile game called vampire survivors....doesn't have anything to do with Castlevania.

Ubisoft has a game coming to mobile.  Returnal is coming to PC. 

It Takes two has merch coming out?  okkkkk....

Best Fighting game went to Multiversus.

Hellboy is getting a cell shaded game.  looks like a 3rd person brawler. 

Best Esports Game goes to Valorant.

now they're going over esports coach

best esports event went to League of Legends event.

showing new footage of the Horizon game Call of the Mountaion for PSVR.

Looks like there's a game where you're a security guard?  Walking the halls of some creepy mall .  Called Post Trauma coming to PC.

This game with the pictures that you can make into actual places to go into. is pretty cool, called Viewfinder.

New Trailer for Atomic Heart.

Lookes like they're showing a indie twin stick shooter with a cartoon aesthetic.  Called Relic Hunters, for PC.

New announcement for Among us.  Imposter is chasing people in the open and people are running from him and trying to survive lol.  New mode called Hide and Seek.   I missed who the other character's name was unfortunately cause my son and my wife were distracting me.   In any case the leak was true and it's coming June 2nd

New game getting shown, 3rd person.  Called After Us.  Kinda giving Journey vibes.

This looks like that game that I haven't seen in awhile that uses 2D sprites in an open 3D world aesthetic.  Pretty sure that's what this is.  Game is called Replaced.

Best Family Game goes to Kirby and the FL.  Really thought Splatoon 3 was gonna win that lol.

New trailer for SF6 now.  Looks like we're getting to see DeeJay!  Or not?  Wait wtf is happening?  some sort of tag mode?  Showing some of the bonus games including parrying the balls.  Showing Marisa and also JP.

Apparently Animal from the Muppets is here?  OK lol.

Getting a new clip of the Mario Bros movie and trailer for Star Wars Jedi Survivor.

A random wild Al Pacino appears.  Alright Al...you're cool but uh....you're going on for a while now....

Ok finally getting there, He's presenting best performance.  Christopher Judge takes it.  Christopher ok?  Dude looks like he's going through a lot up there lol.  ....I don't think Geoff was expecting someone to take this long to accept an award lmao.  LOL...THEY TRYING TO PLAY HIM OFF RIGHT NOW.   Oh my god yo...lmao.

Supergiant games trailer up next.  Is this  a new Hades game or Hades DLC?  Yeah music was giving it away hard.  Just need to know if this is a sequel or DLC.  Ok it's Hades II.

New game from the Creator of Bioshock.  Yeah the art style and the powers coming out of the hand make it definitely look like something the Bioshock creators made.  Game is called Judas.  Coming to PS5, Xbox series and PC.

Uhh...brand new game announcement and Bayo 3 is on the screen...WHAT IS HAPPENING!?  Bayonetta Origins?  Ok so this is not an action based game.   This looks like it takes place in the past and follows Cereza.  Top down action adventure type game.  Subtitled is Cereza and the Lost Demon.  Coming March 17th.

Ghostbusters is getting a VR game apparently, for Meta Quest.

Now they're doing the Dad of War Ragnarok music with Bear Mcreary and co.

Alright I gotta put my son to bed unfortunately so I won't be able to put up what's going on.

Edited by Sonichuman
7 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Oh yeah it's on... annnnd Syd Goodman is on looking unbelievably hot as usual; they should just keep her on screen ALL the time....that girl is outstanding.

shes def hot. but wheres the main dude/owner of the vga thats always the host? i sorta miss him rn. no homo. but i do like how he hosts his own show.