Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

A wild Vanilla Ice has appeared.

Edit: Sonic fandom gonna be salty tonight lol.

Yeah...Horizon is not getting one award tonight as expected.

Idris Elba is in the DLC.

This next game they're showing is a global announcement from Bandai Namco.  From Software's name just showed up.  Is this Armored Core?  Yeah it is.  Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon coming next year.

Edited by Sonichuman
3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Didn't ya'll just get some DLC?  The Colloseum update IIRC.  You're looking for something more substantial I'm guessing?

Yea but that's pretty much exclusively PVP content, I don't PVP at all unless someone invades me and with how invading works in Elden Ring that never happens to me.

I've never used the Colloseums in a Souls game because I don't PVP so that update does nothing for me unfortunately. 

Wait I was wondering who the fuck this kid was...

Who's child is this!?  lmao

EDIT:  Yo this kid fucked around and found out

TGA's had some funny shit happen this year.  Kratos looked like he was having problems and they had to play him off to the point of nearly drowning him out.  Al Pacino literally having problems reading the teleprompter and then that random ass kid dedicating an award to Bill Clinton lol.

Edit 2:

Edit 3:

Yo that's some crazy shit.  Geoff gonna have to tight security now cause someone wanna pull an Evo Money match moment

Edited by Sonichuman

I'm glad they put that Forspoken demo out there because that pretty much saved me $70.  I planned on getting it day one but after playing the demo, I'm most likely passing.  I am just not a fan of the gameplay really.  The world is completely empty and barren as well.  And damn the graphics suck.  I play in performance mode and Elden Ring looks so much better than this game, but it's a year old, multiplatform, and on last gen.

Completely forgot about TGA last night watching my team suck at basketball. Which isn't a big deal but had I had my laptop open and streaming it might have got me a Steam Deck, unlikely but you never know. Oh well, that new AC looks sick plus was not expecting a Bayonetta spinoff nor Dead Cells getting a Castlevania crossover DLC.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:34 AM, Hecatom said:

The video was well put, and surprisingly, found myself agreeing in a lot of things with him regarding the games.

Like the absurd sudden positive light that CV64 has gotten while leaving the actual good 64 game on the forgotten side (CV Legacy of Darkness)

On 12/7/2022 at 1:17 AM, RSG3 said:

That shit is so weird and only conclusion I can come to hard is LOD is rare and harder to get...but in a world with emulation that's not really true either. 

LOD slept on man. 

Imo the level design in CV64 is much better than the rejiggered levels in LoD. While LoD has more content, none of the new levels are absolute must-plays except the ship and maybe the ruins, but even those aren't really as good as what CV64 offers. Don't get me wrong, both are excellent games and I've been saying for probably 2 decades that they're underrated diamonds in the rough, but overall, CV64 is better as a game, while LoD is more of a remix/director's cut type of experience.

Also the Castlevania community is a bunch of hipster kids that like all the stuff that hasn't been as popular which is, I think, why you're finally seeing people praise the 64 games, but if it gets people to try them, that's fine by me.

So finally started Pokemon Scarlet today, since I was so tired yesterday I went to sleep rather early in the night and woke up today around 4 am, since I have the day off due being my birthday tomorrow I decided to spend the day playing Pokemon.

I am only in the 1st section of the world before going to the school for the 1st day, and I already made my Sprigatito evolve, lol.

Forspoken gameplay showcase incoming today

extra

Fortnite is now running on UE5 on all consoles but the upgrades from 5.1 are on PC, Xbox Series and PS5.  You can get a good look at how the upgrade effects the look of this game and of course gives more of an idea of what to expect for games that will fully utilize this engine in the future.

Bruh...idk if i'm the only one who dislikes this but check this out.

So, i'm playing Forza Horizon 5, fun game, cool cars, cool zones, lots to explore but what i personally dislike is how much NPCS constantly talk to you and most of all kiss your ass 24/7 , you're fantastic, the best , radical ,nobody can compare, i can't believe how awesome you are...... . The fact that they made pretty much all adults in the game act like they are 16 year olds after 10 red bull drinks doesn't make it better either.

I mean, it's a racing game you don't expect any kind of decent story ( sadly ) but can they make these guys more cringy ? Just lol....

Having that said, the game itself IS fun but held back by those dumb design decisions.

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

Bruh...idk if i'm the only one who dislikes this but check this out.

So, i'm playing Forza Horizon 5, fun game, cool cars, cool zones, lots to explore but what i personally dislike is how much NPCS constantly talk to you and most of all kiss your ass 24/7 , you're fantastic, the best , radical ,nobody can compare, i can't believe how awesome you are...... . The fact that they made pretty much all adults in the game act like they are 16 year olds after 10 red bull drinks doesn't make it better either.

I mean, it's a racing game you don't expect any kind of decent story ( sadly ) but can they make these guys more cringy ? Just lol....

Having that said, the game itself IS fun but held back by those dumb design decisions.

I totally get you, is like they can't never find a nice middle ground, devs either go the cringe route of everyone is your cheerleader, or the cringe route of everyone trashtalks like 12yo kids, like with Midnight Club L.A.

Edited by Hecatom
19 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Bet there is a vocal slider in the options menu. 

There is , but it's not my point to be quite fair. 

Of course i have the option to mute it but why on earth do the devs go for these kind of things is beyond me. I struggle to think of a single person who would find it enjoyable, unless you were born with a really big silver spoon up your ass ( not you, talking in general ).

20 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

with Midnight Club L.A.

I have not played L.A. but i did play MC 2 and the NPCS there were funny but 200% insane stereotypes , classic Rockstar. If i recall some really trash talked you but some were okay ( Gina was it ? ) 

32 minutes ago, Skort said:

There is , but it's not my point to be quite fair. 

I kind of is tho, you're annoyed by them so turn them off. It's why that option is there. Post wouldn't exist if the shitty writing didn't annoy you lol. 

32 minutes ago, Skort said:

Of course i have the option to mute it but why on earth do the devs go for these kind of things is beyond me. I struggle to think of a single person who would find it enjoyable, unless you were born with a really big silver spoon up your ass ( not you, talking in general ).

It's for young teenagers, thays who theybwrite thay shit for. The exact kind of people who gassed up. That's who. I've turned the audio off in racing games for years now, ever since NFS Underground. I just leave the car sounds on and play my own damn music. 

Edited by RSG3