Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I can tell you why without clicking based on past videos.

- He is very anti corporate and sees any crimes done against a corporation as victimless.

- Believes that the discussion about emulation shouldn't be taboo (assuming Jim brings up the Dread incident)

- Has issues with the way Nintendo does business

- Has personal issues with Nintendo fan base (dates back when he worked for the escapist where he gave a Mario kart game an average score while giving that years CoD a 9)

Jim will blame his lost of subscribers due to his sexuality, and talking about the same talking things to the point of annoyance like he always does.

I would add that he is very anti gamer nowdays.

Considering that in many of his rants he lumps everyone and generalizes them as idiots and whatever other insult comes to his mind that day.

Dunno why he keeps on the gaming industry considering that in many occasions has expressed disdain for it, for the consumers and has repeteadly stated that makes him miserable.

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I noped out of Jim forever amen after the unhinged rant about Fromsoft being an exclusionary company because they don't have easy mode, and hid behind disabled people as their reason for lashing out like a spoiled brat.

0 respect for artists or their art, or the disabled people who can absolutly play their games just fine, YouTube RockyNoHands. 

Jim thinks their farts don't stink when I've had skunk as fuck weed that smelled better. 

I also disagree, even at its hight, most game companies never got involved with Lootboxes. 

Word.

I really never cared about him, but what cemented him as an idiot to ignore was his support for doxxing if he disagrees with you.

He fully supported the stupid take of Adam The "I am not a cocaine addict" Sessler

5 hours ago, axeman61 said:

There's a rumor that MK12 will be called "Mortal Kombat 1" and will be a reboot of the series. I'm guessing it's picking right up from where MK11 left off. I'm hoping they do something fresh with this reboot idea if true. They already hit that drum with MK9. I have faith though.

And with Jim/Steph, I'm not sure if she has contempt for her audience. If she does, it's more for "gamers" that are really assholes. She has contempt for the companies first and foremost. Let's not forget, the ONLY reason most companies aren't doing loot boxes right now is because the legal system was starting to catch up to them. So, I get that contempt. I just don't need the same points over and over again.

I am still waiting to be disappointed, hoping that they went back to using digitized people for the new MK game, which we know 100% isn't going to happen.  

But god damn that would own to get rid of the shitty animations and models they use now.

Edited by purbeast
5 hours ago, axeman61 said:

There's a rumor that MK12 will be called "Mortal Kombat 1" and will be a reboot of the series. I'm guessing it's picking right up from where MK11 left off. I'm hoping they do something fresh with this reboot idea if true. They already hit that drum with MK9. I have faith though.

And with Jim/Steph, I'm not sure if she has contempt for her audience. If she does, it's more for "gamers" that are really assholes. She has contempt for the companies first and foremost. Let's not forget, the ONLY reason most companies aren't doing loot boxes right now is because the legal system was starting to catch up to them. So, I get that contempt. I just don't need the same points over and over again.

Rumor mill intensifies

The CEO already ruined this for you guys...sorry.   I'm pretty sure he's joking though.

Edited by Sonichuman
On 5/10/2023 at 4:40 PM, Hecatom said:

LMAO

image.png

And then he wonders why he keeps losing subscribers every week, lol

On 5/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, Sonichuman said:

Yeah I saw that in my feed and I didn't bother clicking it.  I get people have their issues with Nintendo but its this is a straight action and consequence situation.  Kotaku is well within their rights to continue posting whatever they want and Nintendo doesn't owe Kotaku shit.  Kotaku decided to that they were going to advertise how to pirate a brand new game and despite the fact they changed the article...fact still remains that the original article was pretty blatant.  So Nintendo decides not to send them a review copy of their biggest game of the year.  They are gonna have to hold that.  And acting like a whole a child and throwing a temper tantrum is not gonna endear you to getting anything else in the future.  If I was running a VG company and Kotaku did that then I'd probably do the same thing.  Anyone coming to Kotaku's defense and only considering what they have a right to do without considering what Nintendo has a right to do is clown shoes mentality.  They can get the game same day as everyone else and review it then.

I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

I had to stop watching Jim Sterling vids because they harp on about the same points ad infinitum. It became ad exasperating chore to watch those vids, so I just cut them out all together. When I heard about Kotaku getting all pissy about getting snubbed for TOTK, I just knew Jim was gonna do a Jimqisition on it and true for form, he performed, just as expected. Jim is so anti corporation obsessed that he can't even realize that when a game site effs up, no matter how much you dislike the game company, there will be consequences. Kotaku is sleeping in that crappy bed that they made.

I have friends in a chat group that watched Jim's video and agreed with them. I'm thinking "Say WHAT?"   

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

I had to stop watching Jim Sterling vids because they harp on about the same points ad infinitum. It became ad exasperating chore to watch those vids, so I just cut them out all together. When I heard about Kotaku getting all pissy about getting snubbed for TOTK, I just knew Jim was gonna do a Jimqisition on it and true for form, he performed, just as expected. Jim is so anti corporation obsessed that he can't even realize that when a game site effs up, no matter how much you dislike the game company, there will be consequences. Kotaku is sleeping in that crappy bed that they made.

I have friends in a chat group that watched Jim's video and agreed with them. I'm thinking "Say WHAT?"   

What amuses me is that he is anti corpo, yet is staning for a corporate news media site. 

21 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Because I hate you all, here is GQ's list top 100 of the greatest games of all time ranked by experts

100 best video games, ranked by experts | British GQ (gq-magazine.co.uk)

Yeah saw that list in my feed.   The interesting thing about that list is that it wasn't really so much GQ...they got a bunch of youtubers, devs, and vg journalists to make this list.  So don't fully hate on them if you seem something on this list that triggers you.

List of people who crafted this list

Meet the voters…

Thanks to everyone who submitted personal lists. Each one was a fascinating insight into your tastes and preferences. Below is – yet another  – list of every individual who voted and agreed to be credited.

A

Mourad El-Dine Abdou (Rare), Kahlief Adams (Spawn on Me), Blessing Adeoye Jr. (Kinda Funny), Liz Albl (Cloud Chamber), Leigh Alexander (Indie), Jim Ashilevi (Za/UM), Jack Attridge (Flavourworks), Autumn (Streamer)

B

Jon Bailes (Freelance Journalist), Kat Bailey (IGN), Dinga Bakaba (Arkane Lyon), Dinah Bakeer (Naughty Dog), Michael Barclay (Naughty Dog), Ricardo Bare (Arkane Austin), Sam Barlow (Half Mermaid), Eric Barone (Concerned Ape), Christopher Barrett (Bungie), James Batchelor (GamesIndustry.Biz), Sean Bell (The Computer Game Show), Stephanie Bendixsen (Freelance), Hollie Bennett (Frontier Developments), Julian Benson (TechRadar Gaming), Joe Blackburn (Bungie), Louise Blain (BBC), Vikki Blake (Freelance Journalist), Cliff Bleszinski, Bloody, Bloodyfaster, Bouphe, Sadie Boyd (Arkane Austin), Adam Boyes (Iron Galaxy), Tom Bramwell (Freelance Journalist), Chris Bratt (People Make Games), Jerome Braune (Arkane Lyon), Breebunn, Mark Brown (Game Maker’s Toolkit), Mike Brown (Maverick Games), Nathan Brown (Hit Points), Tim Browne (Avalanche), Corinne Busch (BioWare), Tom Butcher (Maverick Games)

C

Carina Calvert (505 Games), Marilia Campos (SEGA), Molly Carroll (Larian Studios), Matthew Castle (The Back Page Podcast), Khee Hoon Chan (Freelance Journalist), Jack Chapman (PlayStation London Studio), Tim Clark (PC Gamer), Raphael Colantonio (Wolfeye), Paul Colls (Sumo Digital), Lloyd Coombes (GG Recon), Jez Corden (Windows Central), Javiera Cordero (Meta), Andy “Nitro Rifle” Cortez (Kinda Funny), Brian Crecente (Pad and Pixel), Daniel Curtis (Codemasters)

D

Mark Darrah, Mathijs de Jonge (Guerrilla), Jake Dekker (GameSpot), Bo DeVries (Guerrilla), Alex Donaldson (RPG Site), Christian Donlan (Eurogamer), Osama Dorias (Blizzard), Nicolas Doucet (Team Asobi), Chris Dring (GamesIndustry.biz), Mike Drucker (Comedian / TV Writer), Neil Druckmann (Naughty Dog), James Dyer (Empire)

E

Elspeth Eastman (Voice Actor), Emmalition, Julien Eveille (Arkane Lyon)

F

Josef Fares (Hazelight), Elise Favis (Freelance Journalist), Ralph Fulton (Playground Games)

G

Janet Garcia (Pen to Pixels), Des Gayle (Radical Forge), Emily Gera (Larian Studios), Arthur Gies (Wirecutter), Harold Goldberg (New York Videogames Critic Circle), Will Goldstone (Unity Games), Danny Gray (UsTwo Games), Kate Gray (Freelance), Aaron Greenberg (Xbox), Jeff Grubb (Giant Bomb)

H

Ben Hanson (MinnMaxx), Alistair Hatch (Bethesda), Luke Hebblethwaite (BAFTA), Stacey Henley (The Gamer), Alex Hern (The Guardian), Evan Hill (Obsidian), Edward Hines-Lindo (Rockstar Games), Charley Hodson (Xbox), Anna Hollinrake (Electric Saint), Vic Hood (Dot ESports), Dan Houser, Ross Houston (Sony Santa Monica), Leon Hurley (GamesRadar), Tamoor Hussain (GameSpot)

I

Poppy Ingham (Za/Um), Bryan Intihar (Insomniac Games), Phil Iwaniuk (Freelance Journalist)

J

Aram Jabbari (Sony Interactive Entertainment), Jacksepticeye, Gita Jackson (Freelance Journalist), Lucy James (GameSpot), Britanni Johnson (G2 Esports), Neil Jones (Indie), Will Judd (Digital Foundry)

K

Greg Kasavin (Supergiant Games), Lauren Kaye (Limit Break), Andy Kelly (Devolver Digital), Mary Kenney (Insomniac Games), Will Kerslake (Crystal Dynamics), Imran Khan (My Dearest), Emma Kidwell (Firaxis), Paul Kildruff-Taylor (Mode 7), Matt Kim (IGN), Jade King (The Gamer), Mary Kish (Twitch), Patrick Klepek (Waypoint), Dora Klindžić (Za/Um), Knightenator, Merritt K (Fanbyte), Rob Krekel (Formosa Interactive), Daniel Krupa (RKG)

L

Rick Lane (Freelance Journalist), JC Lau (Probably Monsters), Robert Leedham (GQ), Arnaldo Licea (Naughty Dog), Parris Lilley (Kinda Funny), Gabby Llanillo (Riot Games), Lomadiah, Sarah Longthorne (Chinese Room), Sam Loveridge (GamesRadar)

M

Keza MacDonald (The Guardian), Cian Maher (CD Projekt Red), Kurt Margenau (Naughty Dog), Lee Mather (Codemasters), Derek Mattson (Naughty Dog), Ben Maxwell (Network N), Ryan McCaffrey (IGN), Stefan McGarry (Ubisoft), Kirk McKeand (GLHF), Ally McLean (Indie), David Meikleham (Future Publishing), Alyssa Mercante (Kotaku), Arne Meyer (Naughty Dog), Jordan Middler (VGC), Patrick Milles (CD Projekt Red), Dave Milner (The Shot), Eric Monacelli (Marvel Games), Shayna Moon (The Coalition), Michael Mumbauer (Liithos), Gav Murphy (RKG)

N

Nate Najda (Wushu Studios), Alex Navarro (Netlander), Xalavier Nelson (Strange Scaffold), Alexandria Neonakis (Probably Monsters), Holly Nielsen (Academic), Ninja, Ayo Norman-Williams (Indie), Mark Noseworthy (Bungie)

O

Lucy O’Brien (Ubisoft), PJ O’Reilly (Nintendo Life), Jade Oakley (Blizzard), Beau Ockers (Bungie), Grant Orban (Playground Games), Adam Orth (Digital Eclipse), Osiefish

P

Michael Pachter (Analyst), Paladin Amber, Gene Park (The Washington Post), Simon Parkin (The New Yorker), Ash Parrish (The Verge), Alanah Pearce (Sony Santa Monica), Jeremy Peel (Freelance Journalist), Sabrina Phillips (Naughty Dog), Chris Plante (Polygon), Shannon Plante (Sacriel), Luke Plunkett (Kotaku), Steffan Powell (BBC)

R

Chella Ramanan (Massive Entertainment), Mel Ramsay (BBC), Blake Rebouche (Guerrilla), Andrea Rene (What’s Good Games), Stephen Rhodes (EA Motive), Greg Rice (Sony Interactive Entertainment), Samuel Roberts (The Back Page Podcast), Mark Robins (Bethesda), Andy Robinson (VGC), Martin Robinson (Eurogamer), Daniel Robson (IGN Japan), John Romero (Romero Games), Jim Rossignol (Indie), Kyle Rowley (Remedy), Chantal Ryan (Indie), Calliope Ryder (Weta Workshop)

S

Sacriel, Anisa Sanusi (Rollerdrome), Phil Savage (PC Gamer), Josh Sawyer (Obsidian), David Scarborough (Inflexion), Tim Schafer (Double Fine), Josh Scherr (Crop Circle Games), Chris Schilling (EDGE), Kevin Schultz (Firaxis), Richard Scott-Jones (PC Games N), Chloe Sinclair (Firesprite Games), Skillup, Joe Skrebels (Xbox), Adam Smith (Larian Studios), Harvey Smith (Arkane Austin), Luke Smith (Bungie), Matt Sophos (Sony Santa Monica), Alex Spencer-Dale (EDGE), Juliet Stafford (Mediatonic), James Stevenson (Insomniac Games), Keith Stuart (The Guardian), Sunpi

T

Chris Tapsell (Eurogamer), Lindsay Thompson (Insomniac Games), Mia Torr (Za/Um), Alexis Trust (Chucklefish)

W

Samantha Wallschlaeger (Crystal Dynamics), Albertine Watson (Bunnyhug Games), Philipp Weber (CD Projekt Red), Sam White (GQ), Logan Willis (Riot Forge), Chris Wilson (Cardboard Sword), Sam Winkler (Gearbox Software), Wisalallen, Sloane Wolf (Xbox)

Y

Kelly Yeo (Blizzard)

I’ve been positing where to find all the ToTK. amiibo, collectors edition of the game and the pro controller over in the Zelda thread if anyone wants to check it out. 

I’ve been reading on Twitter and Reddit too that Best Buy, Target and GameStop have gotten in a lot more CE’s than they let on when advertising. So check in-store too if you can’t find online. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

OC ReMix Seeds of Pandora album is available for free

Final Fantasy VIII: SeeDs of Pandora | OC ReMix

I've been listening to the album on repeat while I've been working since it got released while I'm at work.  I don't like it as much as there FF7 album but there still some good stuff here and there.  I'm sure tracks will show up in my random selection for VGMF in the coming weeks.

Holy balls of fire. I finished FINAL FANTASY IV Pixel Remaster last night. Despite being in my early 80s on levels, Zeromus had the smoke in spades. Not even Kain was safe. In the end, all I had was Cecil. I thought about bringing a party member back to life but I knew Zeromus would just kill them again. So I figured, I would just whale on him with Cecil. Zeromus kept casting Meteor... and missing. Dude got that Dashie aim because he missed me every single time. To my surprise, my "Attack, attack, attack and hope he dies soon" strat worked. I was LOLing at Cecil being the only one in my party left alive and he took out the ultimate evil of FFIV. Zeromus, I guess your hate wasn't strong enough.

Edited by RegH81
2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Is it worth getting a switch if the only games I'm interested in on it are Mario Odyssey and perhaps the Zelda games?

Is there any other factor that makes it worth the purchase?

Only you can make that decision.

I spent $800 on an Xbox One at launch just for Killer Instinct.

Mario Odyssey is one of the best games in the past decade and buying a Switch solely for that game is worth it IMO.

9 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Is it worth getting a switch if the only games I'm interested in on it are Mario Odyssey and perhaps the Zelda games?

If it's just for they one game I'd say just emulate it, but the Switch has a pretty incredible library. There's Bayonetta, Metroid, Mario Kart, almost any Tetris game you could want, it's probably the best place to play shmups and indie titles as well.

To be honest, I'm hoping the PS5 gets more games I'm interested in because at the moment, most of what I have/have wishlisted is PS4 stuff. I'm worried it's going to wind up being like the N64 was for me where I only really have a handful of games I'm truly invested in. 

On 5/13/2023 at 11:31 AM, axeman61 said:

Yes. 

But do you like RPGs the Switch has a great catalog for those including ports of classics you may find interesting. Also a ton of retro games of many genres which if you get Switch or Switch OLED version would be available for home or portable access. Also fitness games if that may float your boat.

On 5/13/2023 at 1:00 AM, RegH81 said:

Holy balls of fire. I finished FINAL FANTASY IV Pixel Remaster last night. Despite being in my early 80s on levels, Zeromus had the smoke in spades. Not even Kain was safe. In the end, all I had was Cecil. I thought about bringing a party member back to life but I knew Zeromus would just kill them again. So I figured, I would just whale on him with Cecil. Zeromus kept casting Meteor... and missing. Dude got that Dashie aim because he missed me every single time. To my surprise, my "Attack, attack, attack and hope he dies soon" strat worked. I was LOLing at Cecil being the only one in my party left alive and he took out the ultimate evil of FFIV. Zeromus, I guess your hate wasn't strong enough.

Did you not steal the Dark Matter off Zeromus that makes him way easier to deal with?