Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Figured I'd ask in here one more time if anyone is in need of one.

An extra OLED Switch I preordered arrived last week while I was on vacation.  It's the neon red/blue one.

If anyone wants it at cost ($371 after tax) + actual shipping, let me know.

I'm going to return it this weekend if no one wants it.  

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Figured I'd ask in here one more time if anyone is in need of one.

An extra OLED Switch I preordered arrived last week while I was on vacation.  It's the neon red/blue one.

If anyone wants it at cost ($371 after tax) + actual shipping, let me know.

I'm going to return it this weekend if no one wants it.  

I don't need a switch but I'll buy a PS5 if you got one!

goddamn man my arm and hand are actually tired trying to beat the GODDAMN fucking green EMMI in Metroid Dread.  The margin for error here must be ZERO, man.  I have that special cannon thing to get him but the area here is just too damn small to get enough shots in before he's too close.  

edit FINALLY got this son of a bitch... it seems like only 1 possible way to do this, and everything else only leads to you dying or running around in circles forever since the face armor "cools down" meaning you repeatedly shot him for nothing.

*MORPH BALL acquired folks

...and now I got the VARIA SUIT!!!!!

The Wire GIF

Edited by MillionX

OK, Yellow EMMI is completely ridiculous.  I'm not sure I will ever beat that son of a bitch, seriously.  This thing is a 1000 times faster than the other ones...and of course you have to shoot them a billion times to melt the face... you DON'T have enough goddamn time since he's moving around like the Flash from DC.

20 minutes ago, MillionX said:

OK, Yellow EMMI is completely ridiculous.  I'm not sure I will ever beat that son of a bitch, seriously.  This thing is a 1000 times faster than the other ones...and of course you have to shoot them a billion times to melt the face... you DON'T have enough goddamn time since he's moving around like the Flash from DC.

Yeah...Yellow and Purple were the ones that I had the most difficulty with.  If you can get the gravity suit before dealing with the Purple EMMI it will make dealing with that section way easier.

Ok, finally---only hope was to jump to the platform and immediately start shooting.  Even with that... he was still super-close (a millisecond later probably would've been the instant command-grab of death) by the time the face armor broke so I had to run to the lower area to prepare the charged shot. 

That's... amusing that there's at least 1 I hear of that is even worse than Yellow.

33 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Ok, finally---only hope was to jump to the platform and immediately start shooting.  Even with that... he was still super-close (a millisecond later probably would've been the instant command-grab of death) by the time the face armor broke so I had to run to the lower area to prepare the charged shot. 

That's... amusing that there's at least 1 I hear of that is even worse than Yellow.

Purple isn't even as fast as Yellow but what makes that asshole worse is the area and the fact that the moment you step into the area it knows you're there.  Hiding and waiting it out is futile.  If you don't have the Gravity Suit it makes it more of a pain in the ass to deal with the area.   If you don't have the suit the only advice I'll give is that you gotta move and keep moving.

5 hours ago, Gasarocky said:

Just give me fucking rollback and I'll at least try it out

Real rap I feel exactly like this.

Gordeau is such a cool character, but I'm not suffering through trash netcode for this game (there is no offline scene in Vietnam outside of 1 city).

Characters are much more interesting than Melty for me.

Metroid---ok, I see the reason for why things are this way...but I still wish Samus had more of her abilities from the start.  The gameplay is way more fun and interesting now that I have all this "stuff" to play with... that suit upgrade that lets me go into the "hot rooms", the (blue)wall-clinging ability, the morph ball +bombs, that super-fast running, and so far my favorite---that quick-dash move you can do 3 or 4 times before a short cooldown happens.... I love a good quick-dash like that in any game, actually.  The version of Samus you start off with is SO gimped in comparison it's just silly.

10 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Shoji Meguro has left Atlas to become freelance

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/composer-shoji-meguro-leaves-atlus-to-go-freelance

Well shit...

Although he is going freelance, Meguro does state that he will still be available to do some music for Atlus.

However, I will continue to maintain a good relationship with Atlus. While focusing on my own indie game development, I will continue to work with Atlus on game music, so I hope that those of you who were concerned about the sudden announcement will feel relieved.

Of course the clickbait title left this out.

yeah, I'd at least like to start off with the morph ball + missles.  I realize it's the same in most games though... if the character is already an established badass, they find some way to de-power the hero significantly so you can gradually work back up to being "godmode" once again.

random "portable gaming" memory of the pre-pandemic era--- I miss those days of stopping by a favorite restaurant after work (since back then, going to work meant actually going to a building for most people)... or going to a breakfast place on a Saturday... and naturally I'd have my Switch at the ready, so I could play some games while waiting on my order.  heh, yeah those were good times....that would always make the wait not seem as long.... I remember plenty of Dead Cells runs, or time with Bayonetta 2 while sitting in a Red Robins, or Logan's, or Cracker Barrel, etc.  I still have it ready for any long line in a drive-thru as well....and you know when it's a minivan or SUV in front of you, it's going to be a LONG wait since those people probably have 7 kids and have ordered 600 lbs worth of food.

....random note---would've been nice if we got a port of Prototype 1 and 2 for the Switch.  If that came out oh yeah I'm absolutely double-dippin' to have those portable.  (*eventually this happens anyway as the almighty Steam Deck looms on the horizon!)

Edited by MillionX
32 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Although he is going freelance, Meguro does state that he will still be available to do some music for Atlus.

However, I will continue to maintain a good relationship with Atlus. While focusing on my own indie game development, I will continue to work with Atlus on game music, so I hope that those of you who were concerned about the sudden announcement will feel relieved.

Of course the clickbait title left this out.

Free Lance means he's going to be pulling an Uematsu.  Of course he'll still have the opportunity to do music for Atlas but more than likely a majority of the music for the games isn't going to be done by him moving forward.

Another V Rising trailer; not much of interest until towards the end, where they show more action stuff...

also...Nosferatu clan trailer for Blood Hunt....

they're alright with me, but I'd be looking forward to Lasombra and Tremere for sure....also it would be nice if they let the characters have more powers.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Free Lance means he's going to be pulling an Uematsu.  Of course he'll still have the opportunity to do music for Atlas but more than likely a majority of the music for the games isn't going to be done by him moving forward.

Yeah that’s true. Apparently it’s already begun to happen. Meguro didn’t make any new tracks for Persona 5 Royal and Persona Q 2. I thought the music was good in those games so I’m not too worried about the quality. Though not having Meguro for whenever Persona 6 comes out will be tough.

Edited by BornWinner
12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Yeah that’s true. Apparently it’s already begun to happen. Meguro didn’t make any new tracks for Persona 5 Royal and Persona Q 2. I thought the music was good in those games so I’m not worried about the quality.

Actually he did make new tracks for Persona 5 Royal.  I had to check cause some of the standout tracks had a similar feel to his style so I had to check my library.   "Take Over" , "No More What Ifs", and "I Believe" was him.  He did 16 out of the 29 tracks on the Royal album.

8 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

247644190_10159388407770629_672690701113

new character or is it a create-your-own-character from DBZ Kakarot?

This character isn't new.  She originated in Xenoverse and IIRC was the main antagonist of Xenoverse and part of Xenoverse 2 before the guy who originated in Super Dragon Ball Heroes started showing up and causing trouble.  I don't even know if she's still around or not but considering what happened to her in Xenoverse 2 from what I saw...I think she's dead.

Edited by Sonichuman

She is Dabura sister, she is part of the Demon race.

I think she actually originated from Dragon Ball Online, being the main antagonist, then she made the jump into Heroes (game and manga) and later Xenoverse

She even has some transformations that were never shown on Xenoverse.

And BTW, Online, Xenoverse and Heroes have different story lines, even if there are some overlaps on the characters they use as antagonists, and other ideas, like how now there is a whole Majin race, and that the Freeza race is called the Frost demons or something like that, and that His family are considered mutants and are actually the only evil members known so far.

5 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

So it appears that a smash player got a hold of a roster picture of that WB game and with the following video talking about it being DMCA’d by Warner Bros, it’s likely real.

Open at your own risk.

Hide contents

spacer.png

With all this stuff coming out, I wouldn’t be surprised if they will show off the game on the State of Play today.

Pretty much what i thought, lol

They wouldnt let Nick go unchecked with their smash game.

Plus, this perhaps will force both of them to actually put more production values in case they end moderately popular.

Disney Smash game made by ASW when?

Edit

This is coming from someone who likes Steven Universe.

Gonna say that i find interesting that he made into the roster, because for how much the internet wants you to think, he was not really popular, and it was in many ways a failure.

In part because the target demographic didnt find him and the show appealing and also because due the fuckups from the staff, he never had a steady schedule.

Then add, that i think most of the fans of the show, like the idea and potential of the world than the show itself, since it has so much dumb shit on it that actually ruins it if you think about it, 😅

Edited by Hecatom
33 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Plus, this perhaps will force both of them to actually put more production values in case they end moderately popular.

Unfortunately, with Grubb saying it looks cheap and it having a free-to-pay model, I’m going to assume this is yet another instance of big companies not giving enough money to someone to make a Smash killer. Hope I’m wrong though.

33 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

This is coming from someone who likes Steven Universe.

Gonna say that i find interesting that he made into the roster, because for how much the internet wants you to think, he was not really popular, and it was in many ways a failure.

I was surprised to see him too. I loved the show but I have to admit it definitely had some problems throughout its run.  Also I would have thought if one of the gems would’ve been more suitable than the pacifist Steven. Oh well, I don’t mind his inclusion.

30 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Unfortunately, with Grubb saying it looks cheap and it having a free-to-pay model, I’m going to assume this is yet another instance of big companies not giving enough money to someone to make a Smash killer. Hope I’m wrong though.

I was surprised to see him too. I loved the show but I have to admit it definitely had some problems throughout its run.  Also I would have thought if one of the gems would’ve been more suitable than the pacifist Steven. Oh well, I don’t mind his inclusion.

I am not surprised that the game looks cheap (even if is not in pre production), since is an untested concept for Warner, the same that happened to the Nick smash.

But i have this feeling that if both games end being moderate success there is a chance for the devs to improve on them either future dlc or any sequel that iterates on them.

And i am not joking when i say that this is the time for Disney to make a move with a Disney smash game.

They have so much properties and with the right dev behind it, it could be a huge success.

Imagine a game where you can play with Perry from Phineas and Ferb against Scrooge McDuck, the twins from Gravity Falls and Darwing Duck.

Without counting the marvel ips, the Lucas Arts ips and the Fox Ips, disney has a huge pool of characters to rival the cast of what nintendo offers on ultimate,

Edit

And lets not forget that the next year we will probably have the new game from Riot that is also a Smash like game with the chars from LoL.

Edited by Hecatom