Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

so they released a new trailer to hype that recent update....

such great times were had with this, and I'm still not quite "done" with it yet.  Odd to realize that it's now been 3 years since it released... there was so much hype and anticipation around this, I took a few days off work around the launch date.  I still remember that first victim... it was that first dude they present to you as a feeding opportunity.... and I remember wondering what would happen if I could turn the delusional woman at the hospital that already believes she's a vamp (they could've done some really interesting things with what happens there)....There was hat moment when my mesmerize ability broke the nurse's mind.... there was that opportunity to turn the rich old guy, there's a club of vampire elites you join...and a highly skilled vampire hunter that comes after you....  There's so much here that any vampire fan would love, finally displayed properly in videogame form.  

Edited by MillionX
On 10/23/2021 at 10:26 AM, Sonichuman said:

There were some targeted changes and cuts out of RE4 VR...

It's an M Rated game. WTF man. I like you can brutal kill infected villagers but flirting is a bridge too far. As the comments pointed out, the new Luis and Ashley interaction make her Ashley seem like a jerk. The other one had her call out his bullshit. Also, Ashley can't ask Leon to hook up? It wasn't even a dirty line on her part. It was slightly campy which is  inline with the games dialog. Don't get me started on them ruining the interactions with Hunnigan.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't think Zucc gives a damn about any of that shit. He just wants to dominate a space and keep government regulators off his back.

I have to agree with Hecatom on this. RE4 has been ported multiple times. The only time it gets censored is in a Facebook exclusive title. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
40 minutes ago, Camacho said:

I've listened to a few good theories postulating that mega corporations embrace wokeness to keep public attention off of the things people used to worry about.

There's a rumor going around that Facebook will change it's name on their connect conference next week hoping that will slow things down with regulators wanting to break the company apart. 

5 hours ago, Camacho said:

I've listened to a few good theories postulating that mega corporations embrace wokeness to keep public attention off of the things people used to worry about.

I'm sure of it. Them changing their logos to rainbows during pride month or making tweets about diversity means people aren't paying attention to all the terrible things they're probably doing. It's all a PR/distraction move. 

man, this game I keep seeing people talk about lately online sounds like a complete disaster at this point... "UE" goes over it in great detail here...

...meanwhile, over in a real game---Metroid Fuckin Dread, man... I just got past the first boss fight...that shit was SO cool.  I made it to another area but had to go back since I need some kind of thing to withstand the ultra high temperatures of the rooms over there....haha I took a chance trying to run through one of the rooms anyway but of course got cooked.

Edited by MillionX

This came across my Twitter feed and I'm hoping it's wrong...but at the same time it sounds so SEGA that the probability of it being true is high

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-mania-2-sequel-scrapped-at-sega-report/

I'm trying not to be internally annoyed right now because this isn't official but this makes way too much sense as to the reason why there's been no sequel announcement thus far on this game.

Just getting back from vacation and saw the Uncharted movie trailer.  I think it looks ... okay.  Like it could be decent.

I agree 100% with the casting being bad though.  Wahlberg trying to put on that stupid "Sully" accent is laughable.  Like just talk like the normal douche you do.  Don't try to sound cool like Sully did naturally.  Just stop it.

I also think Tom Holland looks way too young.  He doesn't look at all like that mans man that Nathan Drake is where he can get away with being the cocky funny charming character.  I don't even think Tom Holland can grow facial hair.

I remember there being talk about him maybe being young Drake but since the trailer clearly shows parts from the games where he's the normal age, that kind of scraps that idea.

6 hours ago, J-ride said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sonic Mania 2 rumors were true.  Sega must hate money lol.

Reminds me of when they went 3rd party and put their best titles on  Xbox. There games sold best on Gamecube, followed by PS2, and Xbox was dead last. The split wasn't close. I seriously doubt MS gave them enough money to account for the lost sales. Even if they did it's shortsighted because your games are reaching a far smaller audience when you want to drop a sequel and MS doesn't hand you that check....you've screwed yourself over.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

haha, I never miss a chance to laugh at That Company.  Anytime I hear of them making questionable or outright stupid decisions yet again it always brings a smile to my face.  It's non-stop unintended comedy with them.  

I truly miss those good ol' days when modern-era Phantasy Star was relevant though... I had so many good times there.  Until Diablo 3, those games were my most played games ever... I had an insane # of hours across all my characters....(12 characters *just* on the Gamecube version of PSO episode I & II.)  An old college buddy and I were recently discussing the good ol' days of that, and the adventures of our characters.  His wife was a big fan of it too; she had a FOnewearl, if I recall... his main was a HUmar on Dreamcast and later he became more of a HUcast fan....they would often be on adventures with my FOmar I named "Chojin".... later on, my first Diablo 3 character would also be "Chojin" as I continued the legacy into that game as well.

On another note---Metroid Dread--- so I'm into that 2nd area now; I saw that I just had to break the wall to move on in there, avoiding the "hot rooms".... I have the cloaking powerup and met the green EMMI now.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, purbeast said:

Lighting in Halo Infinite campaign looks so much better than the original reveal.  Looking pretty solid overall.  I just don't know how I feel about the whole open world crap.  I hate the trend that everyone thinks every game has to be open world now a days.  

I'm with you on open world. I like open world, when done right, well enough. That said, not EVERY game needs to be open world. I was hoping the fad would die down. Also what about "Craig" does he look better 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm with you on open world. I like open world, when done right, well enough. That said, not EVERY game needs to be open world. I was hoping the fad would die down. Also what about "Craig" does he look better 🙃

Every game should be open world.  I love that shit.

Bring back the early 2000s when every game was trying to be Grand Theft Auto.  🤤

Total Overdose, The Godfather, and Scarface are some of my favorite games from the last open world craze!

total%2Boverdose.jpg&ehk=3bOEFo6kAbhJrc%

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

What is this Craig thing you are referring to?

Suspend Cycle

One of the main features of this update is the Suspend Cycle functionality, which will allow you to pause your cycle to be continued later, letting you exit the game and turn off your console without losing your progress in that session. The structure of the game remains unchanged, so this functionality is not a traditional mid-game “Save Game” option: by suspending the cycle, Returnal will simply create a single use suspend point, and once you resume playing the suspend point is deleted and cannot be used again. Your game will continue directly from the moment you left it, and if you want to suspend the cycle again, your progress will be captured from that new point onwards. There are some limitations in place – for example, players won’t be able to create a suspend point during Boss battles, cinematics, first-person sequences or during intense combat scenarios – as we felt there are certain moments in Returnal that are best experienced unfragmented to preserve the intended challenge and flow.

With this approach, we can keep the roguelike spirit and “high stakes” commitment to your run intact, while still providing some quality-of-life convenience for players who like to experience Returnal in shorter bursts. So next time you’re deep into a lengthy session on Atropos and life comes knocking at your door, you’ll be able to simply Suspend Cycle and jump back in at a more convenient time.

• e6445fe36400b4d837ac092d923888d9eb37e915
  • 4411fedf04ab344065d76962f70e99fca54982b4
  • 1aa4cbf11e91287b74bf7272448b608f218db6f5
  • eeef4f40c26c02eea15119d20a73cf3820e02f35
  • 310eaecce57cb697eb89e24b2e07b0499a120d43

Photo Mode

Along with the Suspend functionality, we have also been working on another feature that’s been highly requested by the community and will also be included in this update: Photo Mode. Selene’s journey through Atropos is filled with many memorable moments that are worth cherishing; whether it’s dancing on the knife’s edge amidst intense bullet hell combat, or taking a fleeting moment of serenity to appreciate the eerie atmosphere and dark beauty of Atropos, our Photo Mode will allow you to immortalize these moments in all their glory.

At any point during the game (except some limited circumstances like our first-person sequences), you can simply pause the game and enter Photo Mode, which will put you in control of the camera. You can then use the analog sticks and the adaptive triggers to move the camera around and pick the perfect angle for your photo.

Once you’ve perfected your composition, you can then explore some optional settings like focal distance, aperture, saturation or contrast. You can also set different sources of light to highlight the scene, and choose from a variety of many different filters, effects, frames, coloring options, and much more to help bring that unique flair to your captures.When you’re happy with the result, just hit the Create button on your DualSense wireless controller to take the photo. Using the social features built directly into the PS5 console, you can also share and celebrate your most cherished Returnal moments with social media as well. We hope you have fun with the Photo Mode, and we are looking forward to seeing your creations!

18 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I can't watch the video, at work, but passed on the thumbnail it probably boils down to this over the Laffy Taffy beat....

Gamers, lets laugh at Jaffe

Lets laugh at Jaffe

He stuck, laugh at Jaffe

Lets Laugh at Jaffe....

I guess you have not watched weekendwarrior vids before?

He usually goes into detail about his train of thought about X subject, he does it in an humorous way, but never goes like hurr durr, hate for the sake of hating.

In this case he is dissecting the multiple videos and the low key disingenuous arguments that makes over the gamers and the devs

As for the thumbnail, is his schtick, since he started as one of those youtubepoop creators, and is now like his "brand"

Edit

I recommend you to watch it, there are a lot of dumb shit that Jaffe said i wasnt aware of 🤣

Like when people pointed out that he should use the aiming mechanic, he said, on video, he wouldn't use it, because he hates the mechanic, then proceeds to blame the game and the devs for his failing on the eye boss because he is having problems on how to beat it because he is playing it like megaman, running around, trying to shoot the boss while jumping, because he doesnt want to use the mechanics of the game.

Edited by Hecatom

Been seeing that N64 on NSO has been having some problems.  There's been some complaints about lag in which GameXplain did a video that showed there was about on average 2 frames of lag more than the original hardware and then there's apparently some issues with music and some textures not loading properly on some games...specifically MK64?  Weird situation.  I'm pretty sure Ninty will fix it cause they're trying to convince people that $50 is worth it (it isn't....but for the sake of this argument...)) and having flawed emulation isn't not going to help with that.

16 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Been seeing that N64 on NSO has been having some problems.  There's been some complaints about lag in which GameXplain did a video that showed there was about on average 2 frames of lag more than the original hardware and then there's apparently some issues with music and some textures not loading properly on some games...specifically MK64?  Weird situation.  I'm pretty sure Ninty will fix it cause they're trying to convince people that $50 is worth it (it isn't....but for the sake of this argument...)) and having flawed emulation isn't not going to help with that.

Well its important to note that Emulators always have lag and a 1 to 2 frame window isn't really unexpected. Turns out the reason those Cotton and Guardian Force Ports have 11 frames of lag is because they aren't ports. They are running on some kind of Saturn Emulator and the Emulator is inducing the lag.

The story around those Cotton games has gotten funnier with time by the way. So since city Connection is lazy as fuck they used an Emulator for these games, but the games aren't even like tied to the Emulator in some way, all the software does is take the ISO and call up the Emulator. So hackers have found all they have to do is replace one of the games with pretty much any other Saturn ISO and it will call up the Emulator and play the ISO just fine. So in the end City Connection has hand delviered a really good Saturn Emulator to people with a modded Switch on a Silver Platter, and if CC is telling the truth and working on improving the situation with the Cotton games that means the Emulator is only going to get better.