Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

8 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Question tho, is there something in the switch firmware that checks for those specific games? I don't understand why you'd even need a hacked switch especially if you could spoof the games somehow if it does some kind of check. 

You probably need a modded Switch to access the internal drive to do the ISO swap but the people actually doing it would know better then me. I don't have a modded Switch to fool around with...yet. 

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If anyone wants a moddable Switch, I'm going to be selling my unpatched launch one shortly.

Just sayin... let me know if you are interested.

I'm honestly still debating your OLED. I want one but 400 is a lot for something I basically already have.  I want a PS5. Like I said I'm fighting with myself over it. 

sheeeittt, I went ahead and looked up where to get the grapple beam.. I didn't really have the patience to just find it naturally...

*oh, well that vid has a bit of a spoiler right on the thumbnail, obviously... so I'll just link it this way.....

So...now I got the grapple beam. It is on and poppin' now... I have so much now; that dash, the speed-running and shine-spark capability, the morph ball and bombs...something like 131 missiles and the multiple energy tanks.  I got my honey Samus STACKED right now, folks.

I'm finally getting more comfortable with the shine-spark thing...it's taken a while to get any kind of consistency with that technique.  All these movement options... it's delicious.

james franco sandwich GIF

54 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm honestly still debating your OLED. I want one but 400 is a lot for something I basically already have.  I want a PS5. Like I said I'm fighting with myself over it. 

I'd hold out for the PS5 if I was in your situation personally. Just because I mainly play docked and having a PS5  would be a bigger upgrade over the PS4 than the OLED would be over the regular Switch.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Haha well I will have it available until this weekend. I'm returning it Saturday most likely at this point.  So lemme know!

FWIW, I just played Flynn Son of Crimson for like an hour in handheld mode on the OLED one and it looks very sexy 🙂

I also can honestly say I've played Switch the most since I have purchased both the PS5 and XSX lol.  

PS5 got some time with Demon's Souls, Astrobot, and Ratchet and Clank, and XSX has really only gotten Gears 5.

Switch gets all of the smaller/indie games as well as the standard Nintendo games and some others.

Edited by purbeast

Black Widow: Recharged dropped today. Haven't played a Twin Stick shooter in so long, forgot how much fun they can be. Like Centipede: Recharged, you get temp power-ups. Like the original Black Widow, pushing eggs off the web before they hatch is very much advised. Last I checked I was ranked 26th globally in arcade score. Probably dropped further than that.

My Super Metroid run is donso. Over 8 hours and 75% item rate but I'm perfectly fine with that. I got my under 3 hour time years ago. Starting Metroid: Dread now.

23 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I'd hold out for the PS5 if I was in your situation personally. Just because I mainly play docked and having a PS5  would be a bigger upgrade over the PS4 than the OLED would be over the regular Switch.

Yea that's honestly the boat I am in. 

20 minutes ago, purbeast said:

also can honestly say I've played Switch the most since I have purchased both the PS5 and XSX lol.  

And that's deffinitly a factor, PS5 doesn't have much in regards to titles to entice but I know more will come down the line like they did for the 3 and 4, and I have a pretty extensive PS4 physical collection and the performance boosts the 5 would provide to many of my games is actually a bigger reason for me to buy right now then new titles. I play enough stuff with long load times that just playing on the 5 could potentially give 20 min + or more of actual game time.instead of loading screen time. 

Other things like being able to play Nioh 2 in graphics mode without losing the silky frame rate. 

Like I get where you are coming from and you are totally right, I'm just looking beyond its generational titles and what it can do for my older stuff. 

I'm contemplating, it's a lot to think about. 

9 hours ago, BornWinner said:

If they got rid of all the flirting in Resident Evil 4, what the hell are they going to do to San Andreas?

CJ from San Andreas will turn into CW Flash and resolve all of his problems by talking it out. All firearms will be replaced by walkie talkies, you will politely ask to commandeer vehicles, and drivers will acquiesce of their own free will.  

Online-only gaming, folks.

the wave of the future, right?  It's totally fine, right?  

trying not to laugh GIF

Imagine you buy a Porsche...then a year later someone from the Porsche company comes by your house to take the headlights and that left rear tire away....and you're supposed to just be ok with that, I guess....or theoretically they come by and take the whole car away if they want....or maybe they just take 1 rear view mirror off.... that's no big deal, right?  Yep, there's nothing ridiculous about that....you weren't planning on driving it forever anyway so it's no big deal, right? 

Also, they have control over when you can drive it and for how long as well....and if they happen to shut down as a company then suddenly the car stops working completely or vanishes into thin air.

This Is Fine GIF

Edited by MillionX

This Destiny situation is annoying. The game is fun to play. I enjoy the game play. Outside of that, the social aspect of being able to virtually hangout with friends and brother while playing is nice bonus. Bungie needs to get their act together. I was hoping sans Activision, the games standing would improve.  It's one step forward and two steps back with them. I just started playing this game in again in the past few weeks and I was happy about the shader situation being fixed. I get bright dust faster than before but these content shenanigans have to stop. You should NEVER remove paid DLC. Point blank period. Even if you leave it up and the drops remain outdated, people should be able to access it. God forbid you try to follow the story, some previous campaigns are flat out gone. Can you imagine an MMORPG just removing zones? WTF Bungie.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This Destiny situation is annoying. The game is fun to play. I enjoy the game play. Outside of that, the social aspect of being able to virtually hangout with friends and brother while playing is nice bonus. Bungie needs to get their act together. I was hoping sans Activision, the games standing would improve.  It's one step forward and two steps back with them. I just started playing this game in again in the past few weeks and I was happy about the shader situation being fixed. I get bright dust faster than before but these content shenanigans have to stop. You should NEVER remove paid DLC. Point blank period. Even if you leave it up and the drops remain outdated, people should be able to access it. God forbid you try to follow the story, some previous campaigns are flat out gone. Can you imagine an MMORPG just removing zones? WTF Bungie.

Or at least if you remove one thing, have something else to replace those items. 

Final Fantasy 14 is moving to make one of the extra side currecies obsolete, but they gave players a chance to make an exchange for something that still accepted. 

14 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What's your PSN ID? Not sure if I'm friends with you or not.

I hope your sitting down. Darc Requiem 🙃  All jokes aside, misterbee has a section on profiles for IDs. Not sure about everyone else but mine are there. Unless the name is taken or there isn't enough spaces, I'm under Darc Requiem on pretty much every platform. I had use Darc Sol (Shining Force fans stand up!) for Nintendo due to a lack of characters.

image.thumb.png.90759b8c30bf1cf9e13c1cea787aa18d.png

Edit: My light level is 1331 and I've missed a bunch of shit. I only play Hunter due to a lack of time. My  main in D1 and D2 was my Titan. I missed around and got my Hunter higher than my Titan and it was too much headache to catch him up. I used to have all my characters maxed in D1. D2.....you basically have to pick one or dedicate your life to the game.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
18 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I know that this is reaching, but now that Square is working with her, this could be the chance to revive The Legacy of Fucking Kain series.

Common Square, stop being cowards and revive the franchise.

I need my fix of Vampires monologues.

For any who are into Borderlands 3, A new golden key code was posted on fb.... 5 keys; expires November 15:

CBKBT-WTKKH-JJ6BH-B3JJJ-6T6SB

EDIT*^ So far this code doesn't work, unfortunately.

Also there's a "diamond key" Randy will post to twitter some time today...heh, I realize most of you still hate that guy at this point though.

Meanwhile in Metroid Dread-- I'm just kinda wandering around the map seeing what else I can access now at the moment with the new abilities... the last upgrade I got was the "super missile", and I beat another boss creature a while ago.

Edited by MillionX
5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sony censorship has gone to far. This shovelware fanservice game had to swap women for furries in order to release the game on PS4 

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/10/sonys-censors-strike-as-switch-gets-20-ladies-while-ps4-gets-20-bunnies

I remember how strict Nintendo was back during the SNES days, now it seems Sony cares more about censorship than Nintendo.