Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

@HecatomI see someone else has become aware of the Image Comics nonsense too. Literally 12 non creatives are trying to have say over content. Worse people are too stupid to see that Image is not constructed like Marvel or DC and have no ownership over IP.  The creatives could form "Vision Comics" tomorrow to do the same thing Image does and these clowns would be out of a job. I had no issue with what they were asking for until you get to the end and see they want approval over content. GTFO with that shit. Do they not know who they work for? Do they not know why the company was founded and constructed the way it is? 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

1) is reasonable and i totally support it.

2 to 4 are stupid, unreasonable and will never happen.

Unions are meant to ensure good working conditions for the employees, but is derisory and stupid to think that low level employees should have a say on how a company moves forward.

Is the same as the stupid union requests that some employees at Image comics are making, where they want full editorial power over what and who is published.

Good luck trying to impose that on a company that was formed by people who were tired of editors trying to say what they could publish and what they couldnt, and that it focuses on the artist first and foremost.

Is like those imbeciles don't know for what company they are working.

Agreed. 1 and 3 sound reasonable, and having a union for programmers, etc, who work for game companies is probably a good idea, especially if you can keep them from hiring skilled non-union labor. 

But no great piece of art has ever been created by committee and them asking for control over what gets published basically ensures that the games Ubi puts out would be junk. Art and democracy are a bad mix. 

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HecatomI see someone else has become aware of the Image Comics nonsense too. Literally 12 non creatives are trying to have say over content. Worse people are too stupid to see that Image is not constructed like Marvel or DC and have no ownership over IP.  The creatives could form "Vision Comics" tomorrow to do the same thing Image does and these clowns would be out of a job. I had no issue with what they were asking for until you get to the end and see they want approval over content. GTFO with that shit. Do they not know who they work for? Do they not know why the company was founded and constructed the way it is? 

The worst part is that those 12 clowns are just tje office staff, the skelleton crew to run the basic stuff needed for image to work that dont involve the creative stuff. 

Those idiots are obviously outside the realm of the conditions tjey are asking bettter conditions, since they are very likely never overworked or underpaid, but most importantly are all replaceable. 

Image can easily close office fromportland citing reestructuration issues, move and form other office like you said and those imbeciles will be left without nothing. 

First details of Netflix's Devil May Cry series surface

https://www.ign.com/articles/devil-may-cry-anime-scripts-done-multiple-seasons-dante-vergil

Season 1 script is done. Dante, Vergil and Lady will make appearances.  Chris Pratt will not be voicing any characters.  Apparently Capcom has been pretty supportive and talking to him as he worked on it.  Sooo...sounds like this will retread DMC3?  Best guess of course based on the characters that we know will be there.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

First details of Netflix's Devil May Cry series surface

https://www.ign.com/articles/devil-may-cry-anime-scripts-done-multiple-seasons-dante-vergil

Season 1 script is done. Dante, Vergil and Lady will make appearances.  Chris Pratt will not be voicing any characters.  Apparently Capcom has been pretty supportive and talking to him as he worked on it.  Sooo...sounds like this will retread DMC3?  Best guess of course based on the characters that we know will be there.

But he's so cool... 😔

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Another shameless plug

I think is the first "Battle Royale" mode that i enjoyed from a game besides Spellbreak

Of course there are other modes that are also very fun 👍

Edit

BTW, this time i didnt play lame, since it am feeling more confident on what i am doing.

Perhaps the only problem for me at the moment is that i am not that consistent with my catching, since i have reflexes of an old man now, lol.

Edited by Hecatom

Metroid...

so I finally, finally beat this bastard at the end... I died several times just on that 2nd phase....there's hardly any margin for error on that, and no apparent way to heal.  I noticed that on phase 3 you can actually destroy the large fireball he summons if you use the "power bomb".  After all that and some cinematic epic shit going on in the fight... there was the epic escape scene as you try to get the hell out of there.  Goddamn what a ride this game is, folks.  This is the Undisputed Champion of the year.

Excited Ric Flair GIF

edit---so, I finished with 83% of the items unlocked... I had 219 missiles, and 19 power bombs.

Edited by MillionX

Metroid---just couldn't help myself; I started a Hard mode run a little while ago... already opened up Catarsis and killed the first (really the 2nd) EMMI, and killed the first boss creature.

...also got a little bit into Diablo 3 again today... so many games, so little time; if only I was a kid again, where I had a surplus of time for all this stuff...considering the work-stuff I have for this week I probably won't have the energy to get into serious game-time until next weekend. 

Back 4 Blood--- y'know, the more I think about this game and occasionally play it... the more it just makes me want to go right back to Left 4 Dead 2 and play that instead, and actually have this thing called "fun".

I must be the only one that hated RE4.  It was like when every game wanted to be COD and RE went that route.  Kinda like how all games think they need to be open world now.  It just doesn't work for everything.

That is when I stopped playing it and I didn't give 5 or 6 a chance because of it.  Hell I wouldn't have given 7 a chance either if I didn't get PSVR.  And RE7 in VR is the best RE experience by a long fucking shot.  Scary as shit.  RE8 was a cake walk compared to RE7 as far as scare factor went.  RE8 wasn't scary at all.  I liked it a lot but it just wasn't scary in the least aside.  The only creepy shit was that god damn house with the dolls.

The fuck are you talking about?

LMAO

How is it a game redefining 3rd view games being trying to be COD?

I understand if you meant trying to be more action oriented, which is fair, but RE4 went and do its own thing, something that shaked the industry and influenced multiple games and studios both in japan and in the west (gears of war, dead space to name some).

Not to mention that COD hit the mainstream with MW, 2 years after RE4 released.

Edited by Hecatom

I just didn't like that RE tried to change their formula and had you mowing down hordes of enemies with gatling guns and shit.  Just not my thing.   Felt super Americanized like they were trying to go from being a survival horror game to an action game.  A lot of what made RE scary/fun was how suspenseful it was when you didn't have enough ammo to kill the enemies in your path.  It added mad tension and suspense.   Like oh here is a machine gun to blow all of these people away since every other game does this, let's do it too.

The little I played of RE4 didn't have any of that tension or anything.  Oh, and instead of killing zombies and shit you were just killing normal people.  Again, going completely away from the formula that pulled me into the series.  Pretty sure I remember doing roundhouse kicks and shit too lol.  yea okay that fits into the RE universe.

My COD comparison was just that they decided to go mainstream and do what everyone else was doing instead of staying to their traditional formula.  It's honestly been so long ago and I didn't like RE4 and have no interest in it that I don't even remember exactly when it came out.

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's what Zero Suit Samus is for....

Caked up and capping fools, now that's what I call a bounty hunter.

Gotta say I'm happy that Mercury Steam wasn't afraid to give her some muscle definition.  She looks way more capable of taking care of herself here than she does in Other M and the comparison that the guy put one tweet below really highlights the difference.   Getting rid of the 'heels' in comparison to Other M was also better choice imo. They really didn't have to go this hard on detail on this for something that is barely in the game but it is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Gotta say I'm happy that Mercury Steam wasn't afraid to give her some muscle definition.  She looks way more capable of taking care of herself here than she does in Other M and the comparison that the guy put one tweet below really highlights the difference.   Getting rid of the 'heels' in comparison to Other M was also better choice imo. They really didn't have to go this hard on detail on this for something that is barely in the game but it is appreciated. 

Yeah, I really like how they gave her an athletic build. Samus, even without her suit, has superhuman ability. I'm not sure people realize that. She should look imposing.

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

I just didn't like that RE tried to change their formula and had you mowing down hordes of enemies with gatling guns and shit.  Just not my thing.   Felt super Americanized like they were trying to go from being a survival horror game to an action game.  A lot of what made RE scary/fun was how suspenseful it was when you didn't have enough ammo to kill the enemies in your path.  It added mad tension and suspense.   Like oh here is a machine gun to blow all of these people away since every other game does this, let's do it too.

The little I played of RE4 didn't have any of that tension or anything.  Oh, and instead of killing zombies and shit you were just killing normal people.  Again, going completely away from the formula that pulled me into the series.  Pretty sure I remember doing roundhouse kicks and shit too lol.  yea okay that fits into the RE universe.

My COD comparison was just that they decided to go mainstream and do what everyone else was doing instead of staying to their traditional formula.  It's honestly been so long ago and I didn't like RE4 and have no interest in it that I don't even remember exactly when it came out.

Sounds like you should give RE4 another shot and play more of it. While it's true that it doesn't choke ammo down super tight, it stays plenty tense until the very last section. You certainly won't find yourself swimming in ammo like RE8 unless you're conserving really well. Definitely one of the best games ever, IMO. 

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

There's tension in RE4. The source of tension in RE4 comes from how organized the enemies are.  They'll gang up on you, flak you, can use conventional weapons. The fact they have a semblance intelligence makes him more difficult to deal with. Ashley throws a wrench on things when she's with you.

17 minutes ago, Gasarocky said:

I'm praying this is finally the game where most weapons with special abilities are actually good and not just flashy, but it's looking like it really will be. 

Yea a lot of stuff looks useful as it's presented here. The open world looks great, really creative. Open World Dark Souls. Seems a lot of people are pissed about that, but I'm here for it. 

Both TWEWY games will be 30% off on the eshop as well as Final Remix being available as f free trail for a week for NSO members

Wife started playing Lost Judgment today so pretty curious to know how she likes this game in comparison to the first.  She seems to be enjoying it so far.  She's beating up some shitty highschools right now in a moment of 'You're wrong....but I completely understand"

Edit: Ninty also put up games they're going to have on sale for black friday starting 11/21

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/nintendo-switch-bundle-and-numerous-deals-on-games-highlight-nintendos-black-friday-offerings/

Edited by Sonichuman