Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Me fighting myself over whether I should buy this or not.....

I'm not going to say whether you should or shouldn't buy it, but if you are serious, PLEASE make sure to play on one of these in person beforehand.

I was interested like shit in these things years ago until I played one in Walmart and saw how little they are and how much of a piece of shit the build quality is on them.  

That is actually the reason I revived my KI2 cab lol, because of how shitty the A1ups are.

EDIT:

Holy shit they are charging $700 for that shit? 

L-O-L

Edited by purbeast

I received an email from Valve informing me the release of the Steam Deck has been pushed back two months. Citing the chip shortage and not receiving components in a timely fashion for the reason for the delay. New release window is February now. Knowing where I am in the reservation queue February was the earliest I expected to receive my unit.

Edited by Hawkingbird

The Game Awards 2021 teases biggest lineup of world premiers and announcements

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/11/the-game-awards-2021-teases-biggest-lineup-yet-of-world-premieres-and-announcements-with-40-to-50-games

Starfield will have full mod support

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield-mod-support-bethesda

Starfield will also have the ability to pick your pronouns and the NPCS will respond accordingly

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield-pronouns-npcs-respond

And last but not least...People are scalping Elden Ring Network codes for upwards of $400.  God damn I can't stand people.

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-network-test-scalpers-resale-ebay

Gamespot has a large Smash Ult article about the hype and surprised surrounding the announcements from the initial reveal and got some quotes from people in the industry's thoughts on how they felt upon seeing reactions from their characters being put into the game

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/from-splatoon-to-sora-the-life-and-times-of-super-smash-bros-ultimate/1100-6497857/

Grant Kirkhope being the only western music composer isn't fully correct though.  Toby Fox also has a remix of Megalovania in the game for Undertale and Tee Lopes' Studiopolis Zone is in the game even though it's not a remix.

Man fuck you Google. Why do you have SMTVs Japanese release date as the listed date and not the World Wide date which is tomorrow and not today? I almost just went on an hour walk to buy something that's not out until tomorrow. 

Eat a dick Google. Fuck man. 

Edited by RSG3
18 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I'm in that club, too. 41 years old.

FB_IMG_1636549917447_20211110_085106.jpg

A guy I do tracks for told me he was all good until he hit 41 and then everything fell apart. I turned 42 back in March and while I wouldn't say everything fell apart, I grunt a lot more when I get up off the floor or out of a real low riding car these days and I have a few dashboard lights on myself 😭

I forgot to mention. I beat Guardians of the Galaxy last night. It seems like decisions actually do matter in this game.

Spoiler

The last level was pretty easy for me. I had number character show up during that last stage and wreck enemy waves that I'm sure I would have had to fight otherwise. The Worldmind and best boy Cosmo for example. 

Side note: Am I the only one that wanted to go full @MillionXon Lady Hellbender?

MGG_2021_06_14_scr_03-c8t03bhx2.jpg?qual

I hit 40 in July and no one believes me when I tell them my age.

I bought Ori the Collection on Switch off Amazon. Arrives tomorrow.

Also, Knights of the Old Republic is looking pretty good on Switch so I went ahead and bought, 11.9 gigs is a bit much though. Went ahead and cleared some space from some games I wasn't playing as well as digital purchases that I replaced with physical. About time to upgrade my micro SD card again.

Ok yeahhhh I'm about ready to give up on some of these shine-spark challenges in Metroid Dread.  There's some I've tried and failed to do probably 20+ or so times at this point.  I'd rather not shine-spark my blood pressure up to 3992/872 in the process, so fuck that.  I enjoy the various other aspects of the game just fine.  There's one area where a missile pack or whatever is in a corner, blocked by a bomb-block + 4 missile-blast blocks...but also pitfall blocks...so you'd have to run then store energy, jump morphball and bomb the bomb block then get in position to destroy the 4 blocks with missiles then morphball at the right position to shine-spark across the pitfall blocks to the right to get the thing (regular shinespark in standing position wouldn't work of course because it's a small tunnel to the powerup)....all in that ridiculously short window of time you have to shine-spark.....nahhh, bruh get out of here with all that 🤣

4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Ok yeahhhh I'm about ready to give up on some of these shine-spark challenges in Metroid Dread.  There's some I've tried and failed to do probably 20+ or so times at this point.  I'd rather not shine-spark my blood pressure up to 3992/872 in the process, so fuck that.  I enjoy the various other aspects of the game just fine.  There's one area where a missile pack or whatever is in a corner, blocked by a bomb-block + 4 missile-blast blocks...but also pitfall blocks...so you'd have to run then store energy, jump morphball and bomb the bomb block then get in position to destroy the 4 blocks with missiles then morphball at the right position to shine-spark across the pitfall blocks to the right to get the thing (regular shinespark in standing position wouldn't work of course because it's a small tunnel to the powerup)....all in that ridiculously short window of time you have to shine-spark.....nahhh, bruh get out of here with all that 🤣

Don't be a quitter.  When you solve those it's super rewarding feeling.

There were probably like 3-4 that I tried 20+ times as well, and I didn't use guides so some of them I was trying to do wrong initially.

Interesting... I was thinking the cross-bomb doesn't push you far enough or fast enough to get across the pitfall blocks before you fall through...perhaps I'll try that once I get those on this 2nd run... in Hard mode I have the speedboost, morphball, bombs, Varia suit, grapple and the dash move so far.

sheeeitttt, I feel compelled to dig into some Skyrim for a minute though, since today it is 10 years old now.

*damn... of course there's an update.... 24.5 gigs... actually I could've sidestepped it and just played offline since y'know...it's from that glorious time when games were playable offline, but I already started the update so I guess we'll see....

Streets of Rage 4-- I didn't know there's other Star moves too; I just unlocked an alternate star move for Floyd in survival mode.

14 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Not gonna lie,if i can have a set of skins of Hinata, i will be a happy panda.

You now have me thinking about Teen Hinata but with the Fortnite Chun-Li treatment.   Wonder if they'd even go that far....Sakura will probably be the only woman from the show to get put in here more than likely.

Also Emily Rogers is saying that the Metroid Prime Trilogy HD rumor has now turned into a Metroid Prime 1 remake rumor.  Grain of salt and what not but despite her being involved with that whole 4K Switch mess her batting average is still fairly high so we'll see what comes from it.

41 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

You now have me thinking about Teen Hinata but with the Fortnite Chun-Li treatment.   Wonder if they'd even go that far....Sakura will probably be the only woman from the show to get put in here more than likely.

I think you are talking about Cammy, who had her butt nerfed and her legs covered.

Chun-Li on the other had was once again the awaken for a lot of kids, lol.

Of course, her proportions are tonned down to match Fortnite Aesthetics, but she is still thicc

EDIT

WTF

EL Chapulin Colorado is on Fortnite????????

unknown.png

Edited by Hecatom

ah, I was on a quest where you fight Alduin, I see.... too bad this is probably the end of the road, because there's a glitch (oh what a surprise) where Alduin is completely invincible....so basically to defeat him in this quest, you kinda have to HOPE the damn glitch isn't in effect, and if it is, hope you had an earlier save or you're just fucked.

This is a horrible match-up anyway, since of course my main character is a vamp... and the fire damage is pretty much a 100% guaranteed death in about 2.5 seconds for me.  Yeah this is seriously unwinnable with my character the way it is right now.  If I didn't have the fire weakness it would be a reasonable fight but I take drastically boosted damage from fire so this is a no-go.

I could probably have done the cheap shit and used that "once a day" power that lets you raise an unlimited # of dead bodies, and just bring a legion of undead minions into this fight perhaps....actually that wouldn't work either; Alduin's fire/ice breath tends wipes out any npc allies in 1 shot from what I hear, and what I remember... I wonder if giants would be of assistance then?  Surely they would be even more durable...

Interesting; checking the stats now, I've only played the XB1 version for about 122 hours total....59 quests completed, 262 locations discovered; I love it when a game or system keeps track of those details.  In-game I noticed my main character has apparently been a vampire for 150+ days....only 15 or 16 necks bitten though.

Edited by MillionX
1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I think you are talking about Cammy, who had her butt nerfed and her legs covered.

Chun-Li on the other had was once again the awaken for a lot of kids, lol.

Of course, her proportions are tonned down to match Fortnite Aesthetics, but she is still thicc

Nah I said what I meant lol.  I mean Hinata is always been covered up but I was just thinking about what if they did pull what they did with Chun on her lol.  They nerfed Chun top side but then decided to give her ass that she's NEVER had in any games.  And then the character that's always been known for the ass they decided to nerf.   Just weird design decisions so I just entertained the idea of them doing what they did to Chun in the game if she had a chance of getting in.

-