Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

4 hours ago, Gasarocky said:

What?  Chaos looks cool lol

He looks like some chunibyo shit designed for an isekai.

The idea "could" work, but as it is right now, is terribad, like most of strive, which is a common trend with that pos

Terrible newcomers, terrible gameplay, terrible redesigns for most of the cast (both aestheticly and gameplaywise)

Meme metal music.

The only redeeming shit about this whole fiasco of a game is that its graphics are pretty, everything else is a disgrace.

3 hours ago, nickmanx5 said:

outta context i can see how someone would think happy looks stupid kinda like if you never play nocturne youd think the demi-fiend looks stupid

I am well aware of the context of the char, doesnt change the fact that he looks bad.

The design could work, but there are many  elements that drag it down.

Is the same that happened with Chipp, that if you only look at the upper half it looks good, but then you look at the pants and sandals and the design is ruined.

The only redeeming shit about him is that is less stupid than Bedman, but Bedman had fun gameplay, something that Happy looks it lacks (of course, i dont think that Strive has fun gameplay to begin with)

Edited by Hecatom

Y'know, it's quite a shame that we can't have the same old "Volition" people working on that new Saint's Row from back in the day...I like to imagine they would take advantage of this GTA Trilogy disaster and actually design a goofy-looking npc to look suspiciously like one of the ones from the GTA Trilogy and have him or her show up as a sidequest character in the new Saint's Row story....just a slight dose of good ol' trolling there.  It would be great.  I doubt the people working on it now have it in them to do such a thing though... I still have suspicions that they have certain agendas in mind to push into the game. (as opposed to y'know....making something genuinely entertaining.)

*edit---I realize this won't really hurt the GTA franchise *much* though since people keep mindlessly buying GTA V as if it just released yesterday for some strange reason.

Well, I'm in the home-stretch at this point in Hard mode Metroid Dread... got the cross-bombs and just killed the purple EMMI recently so I have the wave beam too...I think the only thing left is Power Bomb.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I am well aware of the context of the char, doesnt change the fact that he looks bad.

The design could work, but there are many  elements that drag it down.

Is the same that happened with Chipp, that if you only look at the upper half it looks good, but then you look at the pants and sandals and the design is ruined.

The only redeeming shit about him is that is less stupid than Bedman, but Bedman had fun gameplay, something that Happy looks it lacks (of course, i dont think that Strive has fun gameplay to begin with)

hey man im just happy that the necromancer from etrain Odessey v is getting a cameo in a fighting game

necromancer_tn_02.png

13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Sigh....*lazily puts the hook in his mouth*  They're both examples of good/great games that got handed to outside devs to do their remakes/upres ports and ended with an unnecessary subpar product that should have been an easy homerun.

That's on publisher in my eyes. It almost always comes down to them trying save a buck. Compounding it further, the team they choose usually gets a shoestring budget and too little time.

8 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

So you are saying Sonic colors is a piece of shit 

Yea Captain Obvious. That's literally what he was saying. 

Anyway loving SMTV I think my only complaint so far is the game gives you disadvantage too often. That's about it so far. The way toy can customize your demons and the especially the Nahobino is amazing. It's so flexible it makes cirque du soleil performers green with envy. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Sigh....*lazily puts the hook in his mouth*  They're both examples of good/great games that got handed to outside devs to do their remakes/upres ports and ended with an unnecessary subpar product that should have been an easy homerun.

You aren't the one I am trying to bait. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Yea Captain Obvious. That's literally what he was saying. 

Congrats on biting on the bait that wasn't intended for you. 

In other news, Rockstar's next game

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Hecatom said:

He looks like some chunibyo shit designed for an isekai.

The idea "could" work, but as it is right now, is terribad, like most of strive, which is a common trend with that pos

Terrible newcomers, terrible gameplay, terrible redesigns for most of the cast (both aestheticly and gameplaywise)

Meme metal music.

The only redeeming shit about this whole fiasco of a game is that its graphics are pretty, everything else is a disgrace.

What a ridiculous take lol

hell yeah... Metroid Dread-- in 3 areas so far I got 100% (Elun, Hanubia and Ghavoran)..... so 243 missiles and 11 power bombs at the moment...and a ton of energy.

I'm tempted to try for 100% in the other areas....but I'm at the end area right now and don't really want to go all the way back to the other zones...it's tough because some of the things I got seem like a fluke; I don't think I could reliably reach them again on a 3rd run of the game...

Edited by MillionX
16 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Congrats on biting on the bait that wasn't intended for you. 

Honestly it looks like every one of your other dumbass takes so maybe work on appearing less rediculous on the regular and people might be able to tell the difference between you being stupid on purpose and when you're just being regular stupid. 

11 minutes ago, Gasarocky said:

What a ridiculous take lol

I stopped listening to His opinion on fighters back when he did this exact same shit with the Xrd series and it turned out those games where dope. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Honestly it looks like every one of your other dumbass takes so maybe work on appearing less rediculous on the regular and people might be able to tell the difference between you being stupid on purpose and when you're just being regular stupid. 

I stopped listening to His opinion on fighters back when he did this exact same shit with the Xrd series and it turned out those games where dope. 

I think you are confusing me with someone else (perhaps the dude hecatomb, who everyone joked it was my lil brother?), since i DO like Xrd

My only complain about Xrd from the beginning before it released was that it allowed you to Yellow Roman Cancel while idle which imo is kind of dumb, since the timestop could be disruptive of the flow of the game (which kind of is in general) and Danger Time, like everyone else, who thought it was a stupid idea, which tbh, i ended up liking it, but only when playing casuals with friends, lol.

And while i would have loved if it took more from AC instead or #R, i thought the game had potential, since chars gained options  due how the roman cancel was reworked, keeping the freedom of GG.

Side note.

I notice a trend with you of disregarding my opinion about stuff for shit i never said, like with fgs for hating on Xrd, which i didnt, and cartoons for stuff i supposedly said on the thread where i never participated until that particular convo, like wow man, at least try to keep with the correct person  🤣

It kind of reminds me of how Martian before blocking me was saying some dumb shit like was a petty asshole for "spoiling" that Joel dies on TLOU2, something that was a known fact from all the publicity of the game, and misremembering shit, atrribuiting me for beef he had with other people, lol.

Edit

While trying to search for my early impressions of Xrd i found out that it finally happened

unknown.png

It seems is fully gone now, both the forums and the site, so many years of history into the drain.

Edit 2

The best i could find from DL

unknown.png

unknown.png

Me stating that i would stay with AC if i didnt like how my mains played or were not there

And me being worried that they would remove the new tools that they just added to Chipp on AC+R, while being pissed about the revision not being up for everyone at the time, since they fucked up the release window, leaving us with regular AC, and the patch to upgrade it being delayed for who know how much.

Edited by Hecatom

well that's another run down; Hard mode Metroid Dread --- heh, as expected, I had an easier time with the final boss than that Robot Chozo Soldier fight; it took 2 or 3 attempts...I ended up with 86% for items this time; 12:33.

2nd phase still seems like the most dangerous, imo.  1st and 3rd phase has sources of healing; the black sphere attack and that "Dormammu summoned fireball" attack you can blow up with Power Bomb....also in the cinematic transition moments it looks like you get a little healing there too.

ohhhh new gallery pictures unlocked... annnd there we have another thing reminding me that it's a shame that Switch doesn't let you select a background image like your "wallpaper"...it would be nice to select from these pictures to be my Switch's background theme.

oh and it keeps getting worse, folks...here's YongYea with more 🤣:

Lmao Lol GIF

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

think you are confusing me with someone else (perhaps the dude hecatomb, who everyone joked it was my lil brother?), since i DO like Xrd

My only complain about Xrd from the beginning before it released was that it allowed you to Yellow Roman Cancel while idle which imo is kind of dumb, since the timestop could be disruptive of the flow of the game (which kind of is in general) and Danger Time, like everyone else, who thought it was a stupid idea, which tbh, i ended up liking it, but only when playing casuals with friends, lol.

No it was you. I remember. You dogged on it hard fucking core for a really.long time because they went back to #R as a base and dumped all the gimmicky mechanics from Accent Core onward. You may not remember but Pepperidge Farms remembers.

And it's fine dude to disagree with you. I'm not saying your opinion of Strive or Xrd or whatever cartoons is wrong. I'm saying we, or at least I, disagree with you assessment on a number of things and the intense way you can be about it at times has turned me away from you when it comes to certain subjects. 

Also the cartoon comment wasn't aimed at you specifically it was aimed at the SRK populace as a whole, you just seem to be taking it personally for some reason. Wasn't just you or even was you to begin with. Dudes like Po where included in that statement as he still shits on cartoons he's never seen. So it wasn't just you or even aimed at you specifically it was a general comment about how SRKers vitriol for things they don't like can be so be so intense it turns me away from being able to relate and take them seriously about those subjects. That's all I was saying. Your welcome to keep feeling however you like about the thing. It was just a general comment about how I don't come to most of you for recommendations anymore. That's all it means. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

No it was you. I remember. You dogged on it hard fucking core for a really.long time because they went back to #R as a base and dumped all the gimmicky mechanics from Accent Core onward. You may not remember but Pepperidge Farms remembers.

And it's fine dude to disagree with you. I'm not saying your opinion of Strive or Xrd or whatever cartoons is wrong. I'm saying we, or at least I, disagree with you assessment on a number of things and the intense way you can be about it at times has turned me away from you when it comes to certain subjects. 

Also the cartoon comment wasn't aimed at you specifically it was aimed at the SRK populace as a whole, you just seem to be taking it personally for some reason. Wasn't just you or even was you to begin with. Dudes like Po where included in that statement as he still shits on cartoons he's never seen. So it wasn't just you or even aimed at you specifically it was a general comment about how SRKers vitriol for things they don't like can be so be so intense it turns me away from being able to relate and take them seriously about those subjects. That's all I was saying. Your welcome to keep feeling however you like about the thing. It was just a general comment about how I don't come to most of you for recommendations anymore. That's all it means. 

Nah son, I really think you are confusing me with someone else, be hecatomb or the myriad of mIRCs alt accounts pretending to be me, like Hecaton with a N at the end, because i didn't pile up on Xrd for using #R as the basis.

Since from day one it was clear that we were getting either similar mechanics to replace those who were being removed (like the parry like mechanic that was introduced instead of slashbacks), and characters were receiving new tools to replace those that they lost from AC (like Ky with his seals, Axl with his stance, Venom with his charged balls), and there were still stuff from AC that were being kept on the game, like on the screenshot i posted from DL, with the only mechanic that never got a replacement being Forcebreaks, which was something that was basically known by the community, at least the one that frequented DL, it would have been on the chopping block alongside slashbacks and frcs, it is something that ElvenShadow shared that Pachi told him while talking about possible future GG sequels.

And because in various interviews, the staff from ASW stated that they felt that FB took away from the usage of supers, alongside with the different RCs.

The only thing i would say i was skeptical once it was announced was danger time, which i wasnt alone on that, that thought that was a bad idea, specially when they changed it from being something that activated at random from clashes between Heavy Slashes to activate at any random clash and i know i was kind of vocal about it like most of the people on the thread.

And that some chars seemed to have got the shaft really hard, like Potemkin that just sucked when compared to his AC incarnation, which was sad.

For starters, i was one of the people that kept the info about the game flowing uploading to yt alongside Jin Kisaragi the local test videos and arcade matches that were uploaded on nico nico, and making mirrors from them for when ASW took them down, and getting the interviews translated by friends if they were not translated already, and compiling the info posted both on DL and on spanish speaking sites on the thread on SRK, and doing the same to DL and the spanish speaking sites..

Which is why i find this revisionist history that i was hating on Xrd to be amusing, to say the least

Unless you mean me calling it Xturd like a couple of times on sarcastic posts, which were a jokes that me, Titanium Beast, Hatred Edge, Tataki, Pertho and others were using to mock mIRC and other haters who kept spweing nonsense about GG like it didnt had zoning, or Odin who iirc, was the one that 1st used it, on GD lamenting how his local fgc went from thugs to meek weebs playing anime games like BB, Xrd UNIEL, etc.

I think that of all games that have been released those last 20 years the only 3 that i "hated" on hard have been SFxT because it was such a letdown, specially because i was really hyped about it, but launched on such a sorry state, MVCI because it was amusing to troll the shills and Strive because i do really find it insulting as a GG game, have been its own thing i wouldnt actually mind it i presume.

Edited by Hecatom
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

SMT5 is making me it's bitch. That game is struggle. I got so pissed when my finishing blow on the mermaid missed and it resulted in my party being wiped. I can't do fusions because I'm underleveled for the ones that are available. I'm abusing the health and mana point respawns for my grinding. 

Don't forget to hit up every vending machine you find. They spit out shit you can sell to Gustav for easy money sonyou can afford the recovery option at the Layline and they Respawn items constantly. It helps a ton early game for grinding. 

Edited by RSG3
9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Don't forget to hit up every vending machine you find. They spit out shit you can sell to Gustav for easy money sonyou can afford the recovery option at the Layline and they Respawn items constantly. It helps a ton early game for grinding. 

I've been hitting up the vending machines. Though I've mostly use mecca to bribe demons to join my party

22 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I've been hitting up the vending machines. Though I've mostly use mecca to bribe demons to join my party

I generally fight if they demand more money after the first time. I gotta really want the demon to keep paying cuz I can always talk to another demon of the same type in the area who may have different less costly demands, or there is a good chance I can fuse it.  I mostly use my Macca for healing and resuming from the Compendium. 

On oh and there is this Fox demon at the end of the first area near the Diet Building. You deffinitly gonna wanna pay him the 2.5k Macca he asks for. Trust me it's more then worth it. 

5 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

man ive already had several times in smt v where everything is going pretty good then somebody will fuck around and miss next thing you know everybody dead and im looking at the title screen

Heh I had my first "real" death last night cuz the enemy got random first turn advantage and just wiped me before I ever got a turn. 

Save often. Trust me lol. 

33 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I generally fight if they demand more money after the first time. I gotta really want the demon to keep paying cuz I can always talk to another demon of the same type in the area who may have different less costly demands, or there is a good chance I can fuse it.  I mostly use my Macca for healing and resuming from the Compendium. 

On oh and there is this Fox demon at the end of the first area near the Diet Building. You deffinitly gonna wanna pay him the 2.5k Macca he asks for. Trust me it's more then worth it. 

I'll remember that once I get past the Tokyo tower boss. I want to find one of those little demons so I can get some glory. I'm just five away from getting the miracle that adds an extra skill slot to my demon allies.

13 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

man ive already had several times in smt v where everything is going pretty good then somebody will fuck around and miss next thing you know everybody dead and im looking at the title screen

That's what happened to me when I fought the mermaid

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Why isn't the rain transparent? It's distracting the way it is now.

Based on what was sent to YongYea by an alleged developer. It's because the game is likely an AI upscaled mobile port and the mobile version didn't have transparent rain. I'm inclined to agree with what he was sent, it would explain all the random mispellings. The algorithm likely interpreted the data wrong and no one went through double check it. Super lazy effort by Rockstar with their most well known IP.

Edit: Watched part of DF's video on my lunch break. Yep AI upscaling was used.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
52 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Did you spend all day working on that one? 
Lame as always, you can go and continue being shit.

It's 11:30am. Half the day isn't even over.  Maybe you should actually take a day to think about your responses because this one makes noooooooo sense. 

@Darc_RequiemThat's interesting. SpawnWave did some reporting on it and some of the developer notes found in the game are kind of....insteresting. I'll check my history and post it up. 

Edit: 

Edited by RSG3