Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I didnt realize Triangle Strategy had gotten a release date. March 4th. I'm excited for this game. I beat FFTWOL again earlier this year, and I'm almost done with a Law Route run of Tactics Ogre. Recruited both Ravness and Ozma so my armies in a killer good position. 

Title for Triangle Strategy still ass for. I might double dip and get physical and digital just so I can have it on my Switch at all times. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

After hearing about how unexpected good it is, I finally snagged Guardian of the Galaxy. This game has no business being this good. It's the antithesis of Avengers.

Same.  I brought the game at launch and I was amazed at how great it was. I liked the characters are a combination of their comic and MCU selves. The story is pretty awesome too. 

So looks like Ninty is going to focus more on 3D Mario with the success of Odyssey not like they really have to do another 2D Mario for awhile since Mario Maker 2 is almost infinite.  There's almost nothing that Mario Maker 2 doesn't have.  Nintendo is looking to other IP's to make movies off of of course depending on how the Mario movie goes.

Extra

Namco has been putting these up and been entertaining listening to Mark Man and Tasty Steve talk about stuff in the Tekken lore...and I did not know that Anna was THAT petty.

Elden Ring will run 60 fps on new gen and PC

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-60-fps-new-gen-consoles-and-pc

Will run at 60fps but only in performance mode, game won't support ray tracing out of the box for consoles but it will come later in a patch...cept for Xbox SeS and of course last gen.  Last gen will run at 30 fps.

Bethesda has an idea for Fallout 5 but don't expect it anytime soon

https://www.ign.com/articles/fallout-5-bethesda-todd-howard

Bethesda is still committed to single player games

https://www.ign.com/articles/bethesda-single-player-elder-scrolls-starfield-fallout

Todd Howard talks about why they decided to focus on Starfield first before Elder Scrolls VI

https://www.ign.com/articles/elder-scrolls-6-starfield-bethesda-todd-howard-interview

Also article here talking about Jega "The Spartan Killer" for Halo Infinite

https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-campaign-get-to-know-jega-spartan-killer-ign-first

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

TDLR, Fools keep buying Skyrim

Not really what he says but it would be funny if that was the real reason.  His reasoning is kind of sound since they've wanted to actually do something new for awhile and they feel if they do Elder Scrolls first they'll have less of chance down the road to do Starfield.

27 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Been watching my wife play Lost Judgment on and off and this fucking punk ass kids in this game are pissing me off and I'm not even playing the game.  This game has THE WORST SCHOOL. 

the funniest part is when you realize your playing some old ass dude in tight ass jeans beating up high school kids and skateboarding away.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Namco has been putting these up and been entertaining listening to Mark Man and Tasty Steve talk about stuff in the Tekken lore...and I did not know that Anna was THAT petty.

It’s no Woolievs Guilty Gear lore but it gets the job done. Entertaining  and short too. Yeah, nothing they said was false. Anna’s entire purpose is to look better than her sister because their dad favored Nina over her. However they did omit some parts of their story including some of the nice things Anna did. Nina is arguably a BIGGER bitch than Anna is. 

Edited by BornWinner

There's a certain bit of satisfaction with killing the Yellow EMMI in Metroid Dread... I just killed it again in Hard mode a while ago.

Streets of Rage 4 - I got into some more "Survival" mode yesterday... it's so much fun...though some scenarios in there are super-cheap bullshyte.  I ran into a truly hopeless scenario with a ton of objects to be constantly juggled by and SoR4-version Max as a boss....(and keep in mind; Max seemingly has "super-armor" effect at all times, so it looks like the player just takes guaranteed hits from him whenever he *decides* to hit you....I think only the Star moves can interrupt his bullshit.... if you already have low health and not enough star moves and specials ready to go, it's like being a regular human trying to fight the Juggernaut.)

On 11/8/2021 at 6:18 PM, HD-Man said:

I really WANT to get into the Souls type games, and Elden Ring does look great. I just dunno, I'm thinking maybe I should give these titles another shot. I actually do have Bloodborne, just never tried it 

Bloodborne or DS3 are probably good introductions to them, and if you really like those, you'll probably get into the others in some way, although DS1 & 2 might feel like a bit of a step back in some ways. 

23 hours ago, BornWinner said:

IMG_9898.gif

I know I've said it before in here but Smash is super fun to play if you set it up to play like a real fighting game. The characters are dynamic, the action moves fast, and there's a lot of technique. It's too bad there isn't some movement to play the game more like that instead of how it's usually played. 

A reminder to make everyone feel that much older... in addition to tomorrow being Veterans Day, it will also be the ten-year anniversary of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

heh, I still know a certain friend that has the game, probably since day 1....and never played it in all this time.

I still have fond memories of my first character.... yep, the return of my regular old character "Chojin".  In Skyrim I made him as an Orc.  The double-damage bonus they get as a racial "once a day" power is too good to pass up, imo....I still remember so many adventures and great moments with this character, like when I used said racial power to kill the first dragon.  After that first story-segment before you can do anything... Chojin's first order of business was to go out searching for vampires, of course... I found a random female one in a cave area, and got infected with "sanguinare vampiris" to start my evolution.  It was so cool... one moment I barely made it out of there since there were more enemies, and of course the process of transition was not yet complete.

It would be this character that I played through most of the game.  Later, Dawnguard came out and was instantly one of my favorite DLCs ever.  Chojin would then ascend to Vampire Lord status, thanks to his new sire Lord Harkon.

So many good times, despite the technical problems with that game...

Happy If You Say So GIF

^the digital era of gaming, folks.  So at a certain point, if you didn't already have it but were mildly interested in the near future... then tough titty for you, I guess. 

I keep seeing the physical version on Switch at Walmarts and Targets... I may go on and get the Switch version as well then, since this will be a game that completely disappears from existence soon, even though the game isn't all that 😆  ... I just don't like the idea of things so quickly going away and being nearly impossible to get.

EDIT---in fairness, I suppose this is really more of the downside of games featuring licensed characters, most likely... at a certain point the company that produced the game no longer can legally sell it since it has characters they don't own.

That game would've looked SO much better if they just stuck with the usual cel-shaded polygon style that you see in the average anime-based game.  "Regular" polygons just created a visual that was kind of ugly and probably was off-putting to a lot of people who would've enjoyed the game otherwise.

Edited by MillionX

Anyone on these forums interested in a non-banned modded launch Switch?  I modded it this past weekend.  I'm including a 128gb SD card as well as the jig that is needed every time you want to boot up the CWF if you completely power it off.  But if it's always in standby you won't need to do it.  There is a small scratch on the screen but it's outside of the actual display.  I also have the box and stuff so it would be shipped with that.  The joycons have also been sent to Nintendo for drift issues that they fixed.

I'm going to put it up for sale on FB marketplace like next week some time but figured I'd ask here first if anyone is interested in it.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

I think i should name my videos something like the adventures and misadventures of a 30 something boomer with the reflexes of a 80 something, because the same as i can be doing good the next thing that happens is that i am making dumb decisions and failing to catch everything, lol.

Also, my pursue of the Cheerleader costume continues.

f_Dodgin'%20Dillos.png

Is one of the guaranteed costumes from just leveling up, but all the rewards are random, which means, that with my luck, i would get it until i get to level 100 gold , i just got to level 100 bronze yesterday and got some men clothes i will clearly never use, i just want my gals to look sexy-cute (at least they look tomboyish-cute) smiling-face-with-tear_1f972.png

Edited by Hecatom
13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Oh man i just made a big gaming related purchase for my 40th birthday which is on the 27th of this month.  That was my excuse to spend that kinda coin.  Once it arrives I will take a buncha pics and post em on here. 

Soon you'll be in the Megashock Fossil Club with me and @YourFavGrandpa, well come to the soon to be triumvirate of old fogeys 😉

ehh i still say its basically impossible for something to disappear forever in the digital age if a nigga 20 years from now  wants to play jump force for some reason that problem can be solved with some google fu and a basic ability to follow instructions it might be a little difficult if he wants to play version 2.04 or some shit tho. 

6 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

ehh i still say its basically impossible for something to disappear forever in the digital age if a nigga 20 years from now  wants to play jump force for some reason that problem can be solved with some google fu and a basic ability to follow instructions it might be a little difficult if he wants to play version 2.04 or some shit tho. 

Hypothetically this is true, but in reality, there are a lot of digital (and physical) only games that disappear forever because either sites that had it are gone, torrents are missing seeders, the links to sites like mega are taken down or the site is defunct, or the game was tied to a platform that made it very difficult to get it out from it, like many early iphone and android games just to give examples.

Edited by Hecatom
4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Hypothetically this is true, but in reality, there are a lot of digital (and physical) only games that disappear forever because either sites that had it are gone, torrents are missing seeders, the links to sites like mega are taken down or the site is defunct, or the game was tied to a platform that made it very difficult to get it out from it, like many early iphone and android games just to give examples.

i guess i never thought about the  super  obscure stuff that gets sent to the shadow realm

Just now, nickmanx5 said:

i guess i never thought about the  super  obscure stuff that gets sent to the shadow realm

That thing is a problem that happens a lot with games, comics, movies, anime, anime, hentai, etc.

Is why i am what you could say, a data hoarder, since i don't trust the cloud, specially after the megaupload apocalypse, where a lot of sites also closed in fear of being the next target.

A lot of shit went missing because of it.

And isnt just obscure things, it happens also with stuff that is fairly known.

Just now, nickmanx5 said:

man i had forgotten about that megaupload shit or i am mixing it up with the time the nintendo ninjas came for somebody and like a shit ton sites closed down.

Yeah, it happened, the worst part is that millions of people lost valuable and/or personal info they uploaded to megashare and were not using it to pirate shit.

I for example, the same as a lot of friends and offices and workplaces, lost backups of documents, databases, etc.

Luckily a lot of us had the forsight to not rely just on megaupload, but i know many weren't so lucky.

The damage done to millions of innocents was really big, specially because the stupiud fbi didn't gave ways for people to recover their data.

It is why i own my personal servers now, and "data hoard" the shit i want.

Because we are one change in legislation away to get our stuff in the cloud seized.

Then add, Nintendo and their fuckery.

Spoiler

It is why i own all the roms of all their consoles and keep uploading them as torrent packs on many sites, just to give them the middle finger after closing many emulation sites lol