Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Had to run out to the smoke shop and pick up hardware and there's a pawn shop in the same parking lot. I thought what the he'll I'll take a look. They had a small tub of old games stashed in a back corner, did some digging and found gold.  DKC was 15, and Star Tropics and TigerHeli where both 5. 

20211027_123805.jpg

Also picked up 007 Agent Under Fire cuz Brosnan Era Bond has the best Bond games. 

20211027_123823.jpg

BUT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FINISH STAR TROPICS WITHOUT THE MANUAL YOU IDIOT?!?!?

Dude man fuck any game that gives you stealth as an option then dumps you in the middle of the camping asks you to explore and sets every guard in the area on his a fucking cut scene. Stupidest shit ever.

Why give me options if you're just going to make the decision for me?

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, Wellman said:

Finally got to watch the Dolores trailer, I see now why Angel isn't in this game yet, her Mai and Dolores would be too fan service... for retail pricing.

We dont know yet if Angel wouldnt be on the game, not to mention Luong and Silvie and Zarina 

Common. SNK, i need my mains, i would kill for Momoko, but i think snk forgot she exists 😑

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

We dont know yet if Angel wouldnt be on the game, not to mention Luong and Silvie and Zarina 

Common. SNK, i need my mains, i would kill for Momoko, but i think snk forgot she exists 😑

I think you're pretty much the only person who wants Momoko back lol.

I'm pretty happy with a team of Mai, Chizuru, and Luong  (or Geese, if he's around), so XV is looking great to me!

I wasn't thinking too much about the WB smash clone rumors until something more concrete came forth but that hungrybox post getting dmca plus any other videos that bring it up is mighty sus.  Then there was also that document on the game that got put out there. Feel like we are probably hovering at a 75% likely at the moment.

On 10/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, RSG3 said:

Well its important to note that Emulators always have lag and a 1 to 2 frame window isn't really unexpected. Turns out the reason those Cotton and Guardian Force Ports have 11 frames of lag is because they aren't ports. They are running on some kind of Saturn Emulator and the Emulator is inducing the lag.

The story around those Cotton games has gotten funnier with time by the way. So since city Connection is lazy as fuck they used an Emulator for these games, but the games aren't even like tied to the Emulator in some way, all the software does is take the ISO and call up the Emulator. So hackers have found all they have to do is replace one of the games with pretty much any other Saturn ISO and it will call up the Emulator and play the ISO just fine. So in the end City Connection has hand delviered a really good Saturn Emulator to people with a modded Switch on a Silver Platter, and if CC is telling the truth and working on improving the situation with the Cotton games that means the Emulator is only going to get better.

Question tho, is there something in the switch firmware that checks for those specific games? I don't understand why you'd even need a hacked switch especially if you could spoof the games somehow if it does some kind of check. 

8 hours ago, Scanman said:

I think you're pretty much the only person who wants Momoko back lol.

I'm pretty happy with a team of Mai, Chizuru, and Luong  (or Geese, if he's around), so XV is looking great to me!

Which is sad, she and Hinako are some of my fav chars from KOF, what can i say, i love the dichotomy of a char being a cute girl beating the shit out of grown ups in fighting games (specially if they use martial arts better suited for men).

Is the reason why i play with Miyako on Melty and Mika on UNICLr, or Marie Rose and Honoka on DOA 🤣

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I wasn't thinking too much about the WB smash clone rumors until something more concrete came forth but that hungrybox post getting dmca plus any other videos that bring it up is mighty sus.  Then there was also that document on the game that got put out there. Feel like we are probably hovering at a 75% likely at the moment.

Personal sources say that the game is indeed real, he has been giving details to publish at a later date,  but not enough to confirm the cast, mostly stuff like that here, we are working on this game, more details later (he writes for a latin american blog site about videogames, is how we have been getting games lately, lol, since we share accounts between each other).

We were talking about it yesterday, and theorizing about the cast.

Something that hit us was that with a new Matrix coming up, and seeing the cast so far on the pic (assuming is 100% legit) is that we will probably have Neo on that game, is impossible for WB to make a platform brawler with their IPs and not add one of the most iconic chars they own that is making a comeback.

I just hope that if they decide to add Daffy, is his Duck Dodgers version from the 2000s show.

Edited by Hecatom