Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

Forgot to mention that I watched Lightyear a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it.  Graphics were great as expected and the story interested me.  Chris Evans does an amazing job as Buzz.  At times I'd forget it was him voicing the character.  Sox is adorable.  Sox is probably the best thing about that movie lol.  I liked how they kinda showed how Buzz came to have his laser and wings on the suit.  Story does have a bit of it sad moments considering the subject matter and the inevitable.  Only thing that I'm still trying to chew on to this day is how they handled Zurg.  Considering what was involved in the story and looking back on it in hindsight, it felt kind of cliche that they'd pull that twist but I da know.  It might have been better if they just played it straight forward instead of doing what they did but I can't say it wasn't interesting.  I think it's at least worth a once watch.  I'll probably watch it again at some point later down the road.

Finished season one of Transformers Prime. Dat fight betwen Optimus and Megatron in the four part finale!

happy excited GIF

That fight was on par with Prime vs. Megatron fight in Transformers: The Movie.

Also, something I thought was neat. Archnid's webs make the same sound from Spectacular Spider-Man, which I rewatched a few weeks back.  And Jack Darby is voiced by Josh Keaton. Again, neat.

I have never watched the show, but that is a waste. From the clips I did see it was decent and the idea they are going basically banish it to limbo to save on taxes with no outlet for others to see it is terrible. 

I had hoped the Discovery deal would help mitigate the crazy spending but this is just butchering work people spent years if their lives making. You would hope they just try selling it away, both the show and Warner Media animation arm, if they did not want to pay residuals on animation projects that were completed before the deal even finished.

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

They don't?  Is Castlevania the exception cause I've def been buying the blurays.  I'm prob gonna see if I can get Arcane on bluray too.

unless im missing out alooooott of the netflix exclusives arent on dvd. its kinda the shitty game they play..forces you to keep coming back to the app

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

unless im missing out alooooott of the netflix exclusives arent on dvd. its kinda the shitty game they play..forces you to keep coming back to the app

Yeah I'm seeing Arcane season 1 didn't get put on blu ray...at least not yet which is super lame.  I hope they don't do this with Sonic Prime if it turns out good.

I think a lot of it deals with whoever their partners are in making the shows. If it is a Netflix solo project you don't see physical cause that is their bait to keep subs, some stuff they get though the companies can push for physical releases in the deal. Companies doing that are disappearing cause of costs and the streaming giants preferring digital only.

26 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Spoilers if you're gonna watch the new scooby doo movie since its revealed who the bad guy is but the reason for me posting the clip is the fucking roast on Daphne lol

The animation fluidity is surprisingly top tier in this movie. Just by watching clips you can tell a lot of the artists are using early 90’s and early 2000’s movement techniques to make everything flow better.

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

That movie seems pretty meta to the Scooby-Verse.

I think whoever heads up the franchise recognizes more so then most older ones that Scooby has always been about the fourth wall breaks and meta humor. While some projects will play it straight many go for the meta humor of the franchise or shout out popular fan canon.