Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Another thing I noticed is that when you turn negative edge on in this game it's super strong.

Unless you make sure to tap your buttons and not press them shortly and then releasing them, negative edge inputs will keep coming out. I've been using Ryu in this beta because there are no characters I'm really interested in learning in the full game, and with negative edge on half of the times I did a crMK into Hadoken Donkey Kick would come out.

Some of the settings in the options are just bizarre to me.

Like, why is reducing input delay a setting, and why do they default it to OFF?

14 hours ago, Sonero said:

Tbh the mistake was let the beta have character creation at all, the only result has been give the editor bad look and SF6 getting the only negative memes it got so far

But to be honest iirc even capcom developer kinda went full retard/troll (not to these extremes, but still) very first time he showed off the editor mode during a streaming event, random people doubling down was predictable outcome lol

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh the mistake was let the beta have character creation at all, the only result has been give the editor bad look and SF6 getting the only negative memes it got so far

LOL, That's the WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE BETA TEST to know the possible LOOP HOLES  and what it can be EXPLOITED not just gameplay bugs

adding it later would only not see it's issues that the whole reason why BETA TEST is done, hiding issues doesn't fix it.

if you would launch it without testing, thing would easily be CIRCUMVENTED or work around.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Custom avatars are still way better than SFxT's custom character colors, where people basically made it a mini-game to see what color combinations were most likely to induce seizures.

Customization  is one of the features i'm more hyped about SF6, specially hope we would be able to use our WT created characters with edited moveset as actual characters at least in local VS or Arcade like Ace in SFEX (i would agree if they would keep it offline only lol) to "expand" the cast, as fan that don't care much about the whole pro scene/serious competition side would be huge for me be able to recreate missing characters and use them kinda like in SC

My concern is actually that Capcom may chose to ruin (giving it less extreme range) the awesome editor we seen because of the beta shitshow, wich imho is not even a good indicator

From what i seen as avaible options lot of awesome shit can be done with current editor, even if beta shows no signs of that lol

I've just hard time trust in Capcom decisions and rationality, would not be THAT surprised if they end up tone it down because they may have understimated how ugly the beta would end up and how the internet woud react lol

Managed to get to Gold 1 again but sooner than I did last time. I literally don't know what I'm doing with Kim but my fundies carried me. I was doing more stuff with her and the drive system than I did last time. It's so funny thinking about back when I played the first few SFV betas and literally losing like 99% of my matches. I was so bright eyed back then and had the fire in me even though I didn't know wtf I was doing. The contrast between 5 and 6 is so crazy to me. It was so funny going on like 8 game win streaks and just racking up LP. It is weird seeing some SFV players writing 6 off. Even Bea who got to UGM with Falke thinks SF6 isn't for her. I hope the 2016ers don't give up on the game. 

Also 

spacer.png

I didn't even notice this wtf lol

17 minutes ago, Reticently said:

My favorite is guys who played tons of SF4 shitting on DI like they've never had to adapt to a bullshit universal mechanic before.

Focus attacks were faster but from the looks of it easier to blow up. There some really egregious ones that you had to watch out for in neutral (chun, Fei, Rolento...probably missing some others).

With this its like, yeah DI sucks. You know what else sucks? Characters throwing around buttons that CCed and lead to 35% damage for little commitment. At least there are repercussions to getting your stuff blown up. How long did some characters go around with ignorant ass CC buttons?

But they fix it.

Yeah like 3 and a half years into it. Wack ass mechanic swear to god.

Bea was complaining about the chip damage situation in SF6 too. Bitch pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. If you stan SF5, you gotta go sit somewhere being mad at the next SF.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

My concern is actually that Capcom may chose to ruin (giving it less extreme range) the awesome editor we seen because of the beta shitshow, wich imho is not even a good indicator

From what i seen as avaible options lot of awesome shit can be done with current editor, even if beta shows no signs of that lol

it's inevitable that people would meme and do funny things thats how the world works now, launching it latter would not prevent it, launching early would sort the things that should be change and adjusted instead of making huge changes in the retail when people already payed.

this is just pure commonsense

Edited by Shakunetsu

DI hate is so fucking cringe. Imagine being this mad that a universal tool that puts you in a shit situation if you are careless with it might give you  a tool to fight fucking Guile. Fireball spam in 6 is better than in 5 and people are acting like DI spells the end of the world for zoning. Even at high Silver/Gold DI spam was nowhere near as bad as some of these people are making it out to be. Wait until the game fucking comes out before people start writing dooms days manifestos.

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

spacer.png

Every time I see Luke

6 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Tom Cruise What GIF

8 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

DI hate is so fucking cringe. Imagine being this mad that a universal tool that puts you in a shit situation if you are careless with it might give you  a tool to fight fucking Guile. Fireball spam in 6 is better than in 5 and people are acting like DI spells the end of the world for zoning. Even at high Silver/Gold DI spam was nowhere near as bad as some of these people are making it out to be. Wait until the game fucking comes out before people start writing dooms days manifestos.

Seriously. Once you understand how it works, it's not really that big of an issue. Personally, DI became an problem when I wasn't aware of how close to the corner I was. 

9 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Personally, DI became an problem when I wasn't aware of how close to the corner I was.

If they change it at all, I'd be okay with making it so you need to be even closer to the corner to get wall splat.

I don't mind that wall splat on block exists, but it they should probably make it completely unambiguous to tell when you're in the danger zone for it.

danger smelling GIF

Edited by Reticently
14 minutes ago, Reticently said:

If they change it at all, I'd be okay with making it so you need to be even closer to the corner to get wall splat.

I don't mind that wall splat on block exists, but it they should probably make it completely unambiguous to tell when you're in the danger zone for it.

danger smelling GIF

That may be the only real critique that I have. It's the crazy amount of back-stagger that happens on block. 

2 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Nakayama will be showcasing the 4 new characters on a special livestream tomorrow morning at 6 AM EST / 3 AM PST.

Omg

Omg 

OMG YES MORE MARISA 

I was fully prepared to not see any more info on the newest characters until 2023. This is great news.

Oh and the other 3 yes I look forward to seeing more of them as well  🙂