Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

The specials we saw in the trailer are her old dive kick and her old  low fireball, she kept her SFV dp  and her medium and heavy fuha ave been reworked while also having EX versions of themselves.

I think they only showed EX medium fuha that ground bounces, and EX heavy that seemed to be much faster and enhanced in strenght, i am curious how her EX light will work. They are focusing on making her more close range focused for this particular game. While i enjoyed 3 x fireball in SF4 , i doubt that will ever return to her toolkit. We got the dive kick back and i think they removed ryodsansatsu ( looked cool but pretty bad move )  so i'll take the dive kick over it any day.

PS : we only saw what i can only assume was the medium DP that acts as an anti air, i am curious if light and heavy will be grounded like her old senpusha or not.

But my kastaushi (dodge). It was so good in xT. Honestly, her sf5 kit was just so bleh in comparsion. I mean the flip kick animation wise was nice but...that's just looks.

3 minutes ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

Damn right, all 1,239,497, 231 genders all now included. REJOICE!

Unfortunately, since you left out 43,788 genders, you've been scheduled for cancellation. You may issue a Twitter apology, However that will only get you crucified more. As your attorney, I recommend you keep silent. Another faux controversy will appear in the next 24 hours and the Twitter Outrage Mob will move on.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Unfortunately, since you left out 43,788 genders, you've been scheduled for cancellation. You may issue a Twitter apology, However that will only get you crucified more. As your attorney, I recommend you keep silent. Another faux controversy will appear in the next 24 hours and the Twitter Outrage Mob will move on.

Can't keep up. I'm getting old.

33 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I don’t get why people are so up in arms on either side.

It’s all fucking made up stuff  anyways

I used to cringe at it but trans people don't have much representation in the media so it's natural that they attach themselves to vaguely androgynous characters. And you can tell Daisuke and the team leaned heavy into this with their redesigns. It's not like they're saying Sol Bad Guy is ftm lol

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm so glad I got banned on Twitter. LGBTQ activism on bird app would have you think all trans people are insane. 

Edited by TWINBLADES
7 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I used to cringe at it but trans people don't have much representation in the media so it's natural that they attach themselves to vaguely androgynous characters. And you can tell Daisuke and the team leaned heavy into this with their redesigns. It's not like they're saying Sol Bad Guy is ftm lol

I'm so glad I got banned on Twitter. LGBTQ activism on bird app would have you think all trans people are insane. 

Oh no, my 43,000th gender is  not represented! Time to get to work!

Edited by FengShuiEnergy

People are losing their minds over the slightest disagreement these days, let alone the big issues.

I got cancelled on twitter yesterday for not digging Kimberly's design and being accused of "racism" and stuff like "we all know why you dont like her". These people dont know me or even follow me. Clownery.

I wont even mention the LGBT mob, since being gay myself, you're constantly being attacked for having the wrong opinion, very cultish. It's like a purity spiral with these activists. Thankfully I have found sane LGBT people there that are chill with me, but how long we'll last on the app without getting banned, only time will tell. Probably not long, we're one misgendering away.

Edited by mykka
4 minutes ago, mykka said:

People are losing their minds over the slightest disagreement these days, let alone the big issues.

I got cancelled on twitter yesterday for not digging Kimberly's design and being accused of "racism" and stuff like "we all know why you dont like her". These people dont know me or even follow me. Clownery.

I wont even mention the LGBT mob, since being gay myself, you're constantly being attacked for having the wrong opinion, very cultish. It's like a purity spiral with these activists. Thankfully I have found sane LGBT people there that are chill with me, but how long we'll last on the app without getting banned, only time will tell. Probably not long.

Because they got nothing better to do. See (as an example) why make an actual better place with technological advancements and such when I can just write twitter messages all day? OR  just take the easy way out and game like the rest of us.

I take a different approach when it comes to these sort of things. 

If people are so dumb and immature to accuse you of pretty much any dumb thing they can think of, i just completely ignore their opinion, trying to explain and find common ground with these sort of people is impossible and honestly not worth it.

But then again i do not use twitter or facebook either.

Edited by Skort
3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I disagree. I think Kolin was one of the cooler new characters of the modern era, and she has a story to tell beyond Gill.

I'd like to believe they might bring her back, but I think they've already brought back Rashid, Luke, Ed from SFV. I think the next ones would be G, Menat, Laura. 

Just now, Jocelot said:

I'm still really REALLY surprised Ed came back. Especially on the base roster. If the people wanted 1 boxer on the default cast, I don't think a single person would've had Ed as their first choice. 

I feel like he got included solely for the story. 

He's a plot device. Always has been and always will be. Everything is going according to plan!

Of the starting roster we have 16 characters left to be revealed. We know SF6 isn't gonna drop before EVO next year. That is 100% a given unless a tsunami wipes out all of Japan.

So from now till then here are the potential events that might have character trailers. 

*Some events could be skipped for any number of reasons including Capcom not having anything of relevance to show*

GamesCon - August 24-28

Tokyo Game Show -  September 15-18

New York Comic Con - October 6-9

Paris Games Week - November 2-6

The Game Awards - December ???-???

Capcom Cup 2023 - ??? ???-???

Evo Japan 2023 - March 31-April 2

This doesn't count the potential for a Sony State of Play this fall/winter

Evo Japan is a toss up cuz the game could be out the month before. But the way Capcom has been conservative as late makes me wonder if we might not see it that early.

If they do a 2 character reveal per event they could knock it out before game launch.

But fuck me who the fuck knows. I'm just speculating cuz I wanna play the game right now.

57 minutes ago, mykka said:

I wont even mention the LGBT mob, since being gay myself, you're constantly being attacked for having the wrong opinion, very cultish. It's like a purity spiral with these activists. Thankfully I have found sane LGBT people there that are chill with me, but how long we'll last on the app without getting banned, only time will tell. Probably not long, we're one misgendering away.

You can't reason with fanatics, don't lose sleep over it

20 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I disagree. I think Kolin was one of the cooler new characters of the modern era, and she has a story to tell beyond Gill.

I agree with blue part, if we stick to her SFV "Helen" costume she's definitely one of the best additions we got since SF3, would say somewhere in 5th-10th range

Disagree with red one, core concept of Kolin is being woman of faith and Gill being her Saviour

Sure they can at some point chose to make Kolin realize what monster Gill is, but after that Kolin as character does'nt have much to say, even her ice powers are a gift of Gill... she's an accessory character as you can get

Still very interesting char, very rare case of "villain" not being evil without necessary be crazy/retarded/whatever, she just have epic strong faith because their first encounter (kinda genius rip-off Berserk Caska-Griffith there) left a deep mark on her mind

If anything i would have Gill, Kolin and another new servant gifted by Gill of fire powers, because only Gill and Kolin feels like a piece is missing to be a "complete" group

30 minutes ago, mykka said:

I'd like to believe they might bring her back, but I think they've already brought back Rashid, Luke, Ed from SFV. I think the next ones would be G, Menat, Laura. 

Well Luke WAS a SF6 char to begin with 😄

Rashid think got lucky being only arab char in combo with them wanting great ethnic/nationality variety start cast, surprised me see him make it to vanilla cast.

But i also think the char was already in right direction, a tech/social media lover feels easy to fit in SF6

Good, he's cool

Ed i was'nt so sure about, like 50% thought they could have chosen to ignore totally SFV stuff and move on, glad he's in

G was very popular, and even late part of SFV handled by new people make big deal about him (see Rose in S5)

Menat would say it's one of safest bet you can make. One of the very best SFV new chars, very loved, fit "new generation" mood, ethnic variety points

Laura idk, bizzarre situation we got here. They made her to not have an "offensive" brazilian rep (Blanka), they end up making her stereotype af and here we are with Blanka in SF6 vanilla cast lol

I think Manon may fuck her hot female grappler gimmick, wonder if as archetype she's been made exactly to be some sort of Laura spiritual successor, while on the side making room for Sean inclusion

Sean would make lot of sense in SF6... as timeline continuation after his cameo in ASF, stylistically, as young fighter, plus with Ken having rough times may make sense his student will try to help him

Just now, CESTUS III said:

Disagree with red one, core concept of Kolin is being woman of faith and Gill being her Saviour

Sure they can at some point chose to make Kolin realize what monster Gill is, but after that Kolin as character does'nt have much to say, even her ice powers are a gift of Gill... she's an accessory character as you can get

Still very interesting char, very rare case of "villain" not being evil without necessary be crazy/retarded/whatever, she just have epic strong faith because their first encounter (kinda genius rip-off Berserk Caska-Griffith there) left a deep mark on her mind

If anything i would have Gill, Kolin and another new servant gifted by Gill of fire powers, because only Gill and Kolin feels like a piece is missing to be a "complete" group

She believed in a man who took advantage of her need for meaning and hope while her country was being torn apart by war. Kolin's faith is unshakeable now, but she is a smart woman. She's no FANG - She will see the light and turn her back on this false god!

With all this Twitter talk.  All I'll say is my Twitter account is 13 years old and I've only tweeted around 300 times.  Most of my tweets were just me posting my Wordle score out of boredom during the pandemic.

I use it for sports scores, fgc tech and puppy and kitten pics.  Do not engage with people on Twitter.  You know that saying about staring into the abyss....😱

11 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Chun-Li is older.

Juri was in her early 20s (20-21) in SF4. We know this because she lost her eye and parents 5 years before the events of SF4. Chun-Li is at least 5-8 years older.

That would require Chun Li to be 25 to 29 in SFIV. 25 I can buy, she was 23 in SF2 but given the proximity in the time line to SF2, anything older is pushing it. At work, so I can't check my link to the guide.

7 minutes ago, Fatal Error XI said:

With all this Twitter talk.  All I'll say is my Twitter account is 13 years old and I've only tweeted around 300 times.  Most of my tweets were just me posting my Wordle score out of boredom during the pandemic.

I use it for sports scores, fgc tech and puppy and kitten pics.  Do not engage with people on Twitter.  You know that saying about staring into the abyss....😱

I just use it for art comms. It's the only way to use twitter.

Regarding Juri's stores, since she can now have access to her moves regardless of the stores that means she has 3 versions of her fuhajins available that will most likely combo differently into one another. Awareness will be needed. 

• Baseline fuhajins ( stores ) 
  • Stored Fuhajins
  • EX fuhajins
  • This one is uncertain, but i wonder if  EX will depend based on the move being stored or not , like having a EX unstored and EX stored. Most likely not , just speculating. 

They took a good approach to have her toolkit available from the start but reward the ones who push more and manage the stores. Juri keeps her complexity going forward. I want to see more gameplay footage, they didnt show all. Her level 1 CA was not shown, her light fireball is previewd for a split second in the playstation blog  etc

street-fighter-6-juri-han-gameplay-trail

42 minutes ago, Fatal Error XI said:

Do not engage with people on Twitter

The golden rule, for real. I use Twitter as a compromise to keep in touch with friends (I won't use Facebook) and follow comedians, FG players, sports, tech news, gaming, etc. Keep my account locked down, so no weird bots interjecting their strangeness. Doing it that way, I find is a kinda good experience.

Edited by JustBooming