Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

51 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I like her tools and gimmicks compare to Ibuki in SFV

lol giant bombs and giant shurikens? Pocket Fighters HAHA

The thing that interests me there is the last line, "We wonder what those headphones are for." I remember the blog post saying both her spray cans and headphones are used in battle, and this seems to confirm it. So she has some other special move using the headphones that we haven't seen yet.

spacer.png

This little bitch kept spamming DP thinking I was gonna just fall for that shit? These fuckers play top tier and don’t have to actually engage so when they meet a real nigga they fucking freeze. UUUUH HE ISN’T LETTING ME 1 TOUCH HIM… UUUUH IF I KEEP PRESSING DOWN MP HES SURE TO FALL FOR FOR IT!

as you can tell from the image I didn’t fall for it. 

It's only been one generation of exclusivity but it still feels weird to see these trailers pop up on the Xbox channel:

But boy am I glad it's multiplatform again. Not only did SFV kill three of my PS4 pads (and I'm no brute), it's also way easier to pick up one of these new Xboxes than a PS5 (which I honestly have just given up on for now and bought a Series X instead).

9 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

spacer.png

This little bitch kept spamming DP thinking I was gonna just fall for that shit? These fuckers play top tier and don’t have to actually engage so when they meet a real nigga they fucking freeze. UUUUH HE ISN’T LETTING ME 1 TOUCH HIM… UUUUH IF I KEEP PRESSING DOWN MP HES SURE TO FALL FOR FOR IT!

as you can tell from the image I didn’t fall for it. 

I love these against these type of players. Grapplers tackle can blow up 2MP easily and I get to melt them with a 50% combo.

Wtf is he doing spamming the reversal? Trouble shooter can zone better than your girl.

Street Fighter 5 has overtaken Street Fighter 2 on Capcom's official website as the single best selling SF game to date (6.6m).

The gamble they made thankfully paid off in the end. We get a sequel with previously unimaginable production values out of it, and a game that finally became an excellent entry into the franchise' when all is said and done. SF5 survived and thrived, despite the will of half of the FGC to see it crash and burn.

As Bison once said, "to resist and change one's fate - That is what comes from true power!"

Edited by Daemos
30 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Street Fighter 5 has overtaken Street Fighter 2 on Capcom's official website as the single best selling SF game to date (6.6m).

The gamble they made thankfully paid off in the end. We get a sequel with previously unimaginable production values out of it, and a game that finally became an excellent entry into the franchise' when all is said and done. SF5 survived and thrived, despite the will of half of the FGC to see it crash and burn.

As Bison once said, "to resist and change one's fate - That is what comes from true power!"

That last quote definitely applies because SF5's launch was pretty much a disaster.  They managed to slowly make improvements bit by bit and the game is in a really good place now.  Highlight for me was Arcade Edition and the trailer they surprised everyone with post Capcom Cup, revealing all the season 3 characters.  At that point everyone was so fed up with silhouettes that we were all pretty shocked (in a good way) that Capcom revealed every character up front.       

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

SF5 survived and thrived, despite the will of half of the FGC to see it crash and burn.

That was not a thing.

The general mood around SFV's shameful launch and embarrassing online was apathy and indignation, not hate. People did not want for that game to be a bust.

It's like MvCI, people didn't want it to fail. It did that on its own for being ass. SFV bounced back, MvCI didn't.

19 minutes ago, Volt said:

The general mood around SFV's shameful launch and embarrassing online was apathy and indignation, not hate.

I don't disagree there, but there was and still is (like every chapter in the series) a very loud minority who hated SF5. Due to its shameful launch however, this minority unlike their predecessors felt empowered for years to beat the "SF5 is >insert insult here<" drum. They reveled in SF5's disaster while most of us just wanted Capcom to recover their sense and get back on the horse. Even when SF5 made its turnaround after AE, even in the face of all its present-day successes, they will never give it credit where it is due.

Edited by Daemos

I think people who, to this day, still express their dislike are mostly talking about the gameplay systems though. And to a degree I can understand, because winning for 60 seconds and then getting screwed over by some V-Trigger is just a really shitty experience all-around. It's a significantly better game than it was in 2016 but it still has some infuriating core issues IMO.

But the "we want the game to fail for childish reason XY" group has dissipated in recent years from my experience. Maybe because there's a new child on the block to bully (Strive) and SFV isn't in the spotlight anymore. Who knows – but they'll be back for SF6 for sure, no matter how accomplished the game will be.

27 minutes ago, Daemos said:

SF5 was sold on 2 platforms only. SF6 will sell on all AFAIK. If the launch is impeccable, I can see it eclipsing SF5's numbers in the first 2 years.

I don't think it's that

I mean how many xbox-only people into japanese fight games SF lost... even if is all 14 of them is'nt THAT big deal

Plus SFV number was boosted by the fact near the end they sold it at very ridicolous low price, so i guess this even it

What i mean is that SFV started as an immense marketing fuck up and keept that stigma as a curse for the whole life cycle, to the point the word of usual SF haters and SF fans that felt outraged about this specific chapter was took as the truth by general audience

People that never touched the game would tell you SFV sucks

SF6 seem will born under completely different conditions, if manage to be the new cool shit (as much is possible for a FG) it will do huge numbers quickly and if life cycle will be long as usual it will grow a lot

Yeah @Daemos, I agree with @CESTUS III. The Xbox platform isn't a huge one for fighting games. Several games, not just SFV, flat out skipped the platform. If anything it will most mostly the same console audience that switches over from the Playstation platforms due to input lag issues. PS3, PS4, and now PS5 have gotten that reputation. It seems like it has been fixed now (Strive update, and Multiversus) but reputation lags behind reality. People are still shocked at uncensored 3rd party games on Nintendo platforms and MK1 was nearly 30 years ago. The fact that 3rd party games since have been the least censored on Nintendo platforms has stuck with people yet.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 8/9/2022 at 3:30 PM, Mattatsu said:

Late response, but if you get MK11 and want games, let me know. Since that top 8, I’ve been missing it and wanna get back into it.

Also, if anyone else is still playing it  @Vhozite 

I have MK11 on PC iirc you’re on PS4 so we can’t play. That being said I haven’t played that game in a long while I’m not even sure I have it installed anymore. 

I haven’t really been playing FGs lately I haven’t even been keeping up with SF6 news. Mon-Fri I just really don’t have much time to game period. 

16 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I have MK11 on PC iirc you’re on PS4 so we can’t play.

I have it on PC as well… We played, I think, 3 separate one hour sets on Steam…

Sad Peanut Butter GIF by For Everest

I’m not actually sad though, lol, but no worries if you’re busy or not into it anymore! I only played it last night for the first time in like 8 months myself.

7 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I have it on PC as well… We played, I think, 3 separate one hour sets on Steam…

Sad Peanut Butter GIF by For Everest

I’m not actually sad though, lol, but no worries if you’re busy or not into it anymore! I only played it last night for the first time in like 8 months myself.

Oh ok sure then I’ll reinstall it when I get home (if I need to). 

Fuck I remember this you were the guy with the annoying as shit Kitana.

14 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Oh ok sure then I’ll reinstall it when I get home (if I need to). 

Fuck I remember this you were the guy with the annoying as shit Kitana.

Lmao! That sounds like me, lol.

You definitely don’t need to install it, no worries. I’m probably going to bounce around a few games anyway, but if you do feel like playing again, just let me know - on here or steam.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The Xbox platform isn't a huge one for fighting games.

You kind of have to differentiate between Xbox as a whole and Xbox One. DoA was, relatively speaking, a big success on the first Xbox and during the PS3/360 generation most fighting games went toe-to-toe in terms of sales, often even slightly favouring Xbox360 due to a better online infrastructure and more stable framerates (the latter of which made it the tournament standard in most cases).

Xbox One had a horrible launch that made them lose a lot of a ground early on in the console race. It also certainly didn't help that SFV was an exclusive game. Say what you want about the state it launched in, it was a deciding factor for the hardcore crowd to get into the PS4 ecosystem for fighting games for that generation and that left Microsoft's system completely in the dust (which is a shame, because early seasons 1&2 of Killer Instinct were fantastic).

With that said I'd argue there's a decent sized community on Xbox for fighting games now. Series XS isn't far behind PS5 in terms of sales and it has a significantly better image than Xbox One did. The biggest issue Xbox has to face now is one they made themselves, because a lot of people rather play stuff that's on Gamepass instead of paying 60 bucks for a new game. Whether or not that will impact SF6's performance on the system, well, we'll have to see.

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

She has a lot of her SF 4 normals back, there is clearly a lot they have not shown yet. They have not shown her light normals, her dp versions ( are all airborn or do some act like her SF 4 Senpusha ? ) , her dash v-skill properties that is briefly shown after she activates FSE,  she appears to have different strenght versions of her rising kick with one of  it acting as a launcher, probably some other stuff . They really like to tease us.

This was not even shown in the trailer just in a Playstation blog lol, however the God button is still there :

St.mk saves ( ends ) lives.

stmk-juri.jpg

Edited by Skort
6 hours ago, Volt said:

That was not a thing.

The general mood around SFV's shameful launch and embarrassing online was apathy and indignation, not hate. People did not want for that game to be a bust.

It's like MvCI, people didn't want it to fail. It did that on its own for being ass. SFV bounced back, MvCI didn't.

You must not have been around 4chan or r/Kappa-r/SF. There were plenty of places that literally hated SFV because they felt that it basically destroyed the FGC. The first 2 years of SFV were fucking agonizing and had V not been an official Capcom title it would not have survived. You had popular influencers like Maximilian, Jiyuna, Majin Obama, Aris that actively shat on SF even after year 2. There's plenty of video essays on just how bad SFV's launch and subsequent years were. SFV fixed itself sure... but that game absolutely solidified a horrid precedent that carried over from TkvSF (on disc DLC). I like to remember just how far we've come because SFV is a perfect example of what every fighting game dev should never do. I basically see it as the worst thing that can happen to any well know IP. I'm just glad Capcom weren't so stuck up that they didn't take anything from the backlash. And now SF6 looks like everything we want it to be.

25 minutes ago, Skort said:

I really wanna alt a grappler and Mimi will most likely be the choice if she does turn out to be a grappler but damn does Bonita deserve to return in 6.

She will.

I’m hoping she’s dlc later on, she’s just so much fun to play.  At first I thought she was boring and basic but after I learned some of her ex clap shenanigans I really clicked with the character.  I hope they put somebody that’s as versatile as a grappler in sf6.

I’m thirsty for more trailer reveals and hopefully a beta this year so I can pick my main

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

The first 2 years of SFV were fucking agonizing and had V not been an official Capcom title it would not have survived.

That season 2 balance patch.

😂

SF5 is still trash. Just less explosive in goofy ways.  Season 1 Necalli could do  Crush Counter St.HK, St.HK VTC St.HK, St.LP xx Super for 500. Best version of the game.

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Considering how much SFV was born fucked up and still sold millions, SF6 can truly do crazy numbers

Something that people needs t keep in mind regardless the current sales number for SFV is that capcom is counting the sales figures for both Arcade Edition and Champions Edition alongside Vanilla as 1 single game, which by itself is whatever until you see that for other games like Monster Hunter World and MHW Iceborne it counts the updates separatedly.

Also, is not really surprising that sold millions when it has been on sale multiple times over the years.

What is amazing is how it went from barely reaching its 3 month goal that took almost 4 years to get, that it was 2.5 millions into its current number in what, 2 years?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some form of numbers inflation by counting people like me who bought the upgrade as a new purchase for the game 🤣

Edited by Hecatom

That list surely was put by a fg hipster.

Is part games that barely no one played but are claimed by their fanbase as the best games ever (even if they are hot trash, like 3s) and some current games that are popular/known (Tekken 7, Strive) just to give credence.

KOFXIII over any actual popular KOF?

Is like they said, you can't spell Ignorant without IGN 🤣

Edited by Hecatom