Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Since Juri can do her divekick while going backwards, I hope that means we can do specials on backward jump arcs for the rest of the cast. Irked me the wrong way in SFV that you couldn't do that.

Literally one of the dumbest limitations imposed by SFV.

Why the hell shouldn't you be able to do air specials on backward or neutral jumps? It always pissed me off for some reason, it just smells of wanting to stop players from potentially doing something that's unintended.

9 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Literally one of the dumbest limitations imposed by SFV.

Why the hell shouldn't you be able to do air specials on backward or neutral jumps? It always pissed me off for some reason, it just smells of wanting to stop players from potentially doing something that's unintended.

To rub it in, they locked Akuma backwards jump fireball under v-trigger ugh

That could have been a perfect scrub killer thing to teach everyone in a game that didn't want the traditional scrubkilling in it.

23 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Since Juri can do her divekick while going backwards

Used to be able to do that in SF4, but then they nerfed it so she can only do it from neutral or forward jump. The only version she could do from back jump was EX.  In the small sample we have seen from her SF 6 trailer she does it from a j.mp fuzzy canceled into a dive or from forward jump.   

Unsure she will be able to do it from back jump in SF 6. I would not be against it but the theme i'm getting with 6 over all is all about advancing normals and specials in general. Maybe one of the reasons a lot o characters got former  proximity normals that move them forward in the form of command normals this time around.

Not against it, but it's one of the cases where some specials done from a back jump are okay while some become beyond absurd.  Akuma's air zanku combined with basically no height restriction in SF4 was a prime example. 

Edited by Skort
12 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Playing Tony Hawk Remastered.

I used to be so solid at this game. Falling all over the place. Can't do tricks for shyt.

I'm doing Shoryuken, Hadouken, and Tatsu motions to no avail.

I am trash.

Lol I bought that game at launch, streamed it, and then got in trouble with Twitch because of the soundtrack, I was cheesed

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Tbh I am so damn pleased with how this turned out.  Idk how this game will play but visually for me it's just fantastic.

IMG-20220816-040313.jpg

I think from the released characters so far (including Cammy) - Guile, Kimberly, Jamie, and Juri have the struck the best balance between classic SF anime proportions and the new photorealistic textures - and did not end up looking weird in any way.

Chun and Ryu (especially in his classic) need more work.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

The saddest thing is how companies have normalized ads taking up this much space and time across the board and not just EVO. Viewers/readers have become increasingly desensitized. It's like the frog in a boiling pot. The promise of the internet has been corrupted.

Looking at this new clip I'm really impressed with Kimberly as a whole. On paper I don't really like her design, she's an archetype I never play, she's not even attractive – but the amount of personality she oozes is phenomenal. So many big flourishes and small details that make her instantly likeable, even if you don't plan on ever taking her into a match.

If that's the quality standard we can expect for every newcomer then we're in for one hell of a ride. Can't wait to see how AKI turns out ingame.

As so far the reveal of Jamie and Kim are okay with me the one that I'm not into was Luke the guy has shoto tools and i dislike the personality  in a personal preference i know some people find him appealing

My only problem with this new characters is that they are likely replacement to the archetype they had substituted.