Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Who was the NBA manager who talked shit about China and was quickly made to apologize due to the NBA'S business interests in China? I remember it didn't matter as China ended up dropping them anyway

No one besmirches LeBrown's lords & masters in the CCP and gets away with it.

29 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I guess some people just don't like cake 🙃

Like I said some posts ago, her animations and trailer are selling her to me like the type of character that i grew to detest due the overuse and usually badly done in current media, the quirkie hyperactive type.

I originally didn't mind the type, since some characters that I like fall under that category, but now is just annoying as fuck.

49 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

and still would not hold my breath waiting Maki, considering Kimberly is in

Maybe they can play on it to build a bushinryu rivalry or something, but if i was a Maki fan Kimberly existence would feel like

Headstone GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The fact that we are talking about a series that had multiple chars of the same archetype in every entry automatically disqualifies this idea, also, Kimberly gameplay while inspired by previous Bushinryu characters, is not the same.

Edit

I am not saying that her inclusion is certain, but that assuming that because Kimberly is on the game it automatically means that we wouldn't see another Bushinryu character regardless who he/she is is dumb.

Edited by Hecatom

Kimberly & Maki don't even have the same playstyle - from what I see at least - Kimberly just seems like an Afroc-centric  version of Ibuki at best.  Not feeling her at all; but who knows, maybe I'll like her better the more I see.  The way things stand atm, I reckon I might use some good character-swap mods that will erase her from MY SF6.  No doubt the modding community is going to have a field day with this game.

37 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The fact that we are talking about a series that had multiple chars of the same archetype in every entry automatically disqualifies this idea, also, Kimberly gameplay while inspired by previous Bushinryu characters, is not the same.

Edit

I am not saying that her inclusion is certain, but that assuming that because Kimberly is on the game it automatically means that we wouldn't see another Bushinryu character regardless who he/she is is dumb.

I did'nt said either her non-inclusion is certain either 😂

In fact i said

"Maybe they can play on it to build a bushinryu rivalry or something" 

Maki story CAN support her wanting to fight Kimberly

But again if i was a Maki fan the arrival of a new female bushinryu char who sports Guy's colors would be far from good news lol 

Actually if we stick to capcom's tradition bushinryu usually get 1 slot, reps replaced each others way more than coexist (wich happened only in SFA3 so far)

Ff1 Guy was mr.Bushinryu

Ff2 Maki replaced Guy 

Ff3 Guy took the slot back 

CvS2 Maki in no Guy

SF4 Guy in no Maki

SFV Zeku jump in, no Guy or Maki 

SF6 (so far) Kimberly in

3 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Will be interesting to see how grapplers shape up in SF6. Basically the entire Drive system adds to their threat level: every defensive option built from it exclusively counters strikes while throws are regarded as the go-to counters for said options. Add to that Drive Rush, which will allow the likes of Zangief to get in really fast if he spots an opening or someone whiffing a slow button. In fact the whole system mechanics are so heavily skewed in their favour (on paper at least) that I wonder if the days of them having above-average health are over with SF6.

Edited by delete_me

I always saw it as a style/setting kind of choice. A very traditional ninja archetype with the tropey animal companions and such would feel a bit out of place for SF6's general vibe IMO. Guy's street-style of course would fit pretty well, but maybe they simply didn't want to add yet another sausage to an already really male-dominated roster.

I have to say, it's also the first time I've seen such negative reactions to her in that eventhubs thing. Maybe I was trapped in a bubble or something but from what I gathered a lot of people seemed to really like her so far.

11 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I'm hoping the people who are saying Kim is annoying have that same energy for Ibuki

As somebody who see Kimberly as a decent/nice addition 

Kim have loud personality, Ibuki barely have one... guess wich is better is up to people, to me is a draw 

Ibuki is overall better char though, way superior character design (SF3 original one, not SFV trash) and better moveset on visual side 

Kim have nice ass though

56 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I have to say, it's also the first time I've seen such negative reactions to her in that eventhubs thing. Maybe I was trapped in a bubble or something but from what I gathered a lot of people seemed to really like her so far.

What surprised me is see her being called "divisive" 

I mean i'm inclined to believe some slimy american marketing guy played a role, but final result is a nice decent character that can fit a SF game 

It's not the char to be divisive, people (actually some people, and mostly american) are already divided... from there you have wierdos that see her as something that should not have happened and wierdos that see her as new jesus best char ever 

On much minor scale and reversed sides Luke back to SFV got similar internet shitshow 

Except dude had close to not support, but more salt

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

I always saw it as a style/setting kind of choice. A very traditional ninja archetype with the tropey animal companions and such would feel a bit out of place for SF6's general vibe IMO. Guy's street-style of course would fit pretty well, but maybe they simply didn't want to add yet another sausage to an already really male-dominated roster.

I think it's Eventhubs being Eventhubs. The reaction on Youtube was positive not negative. The worst I reaction I saw was that she's a cool character but her archetype isn't something I'd play.

Edit: Funniest Kimberly reaction I saw was when she does her taunt this one dude noticed she's toting a wagon, he doesn't say anything but his expression made me laugh my ass off. 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Only negative reaction I've seen to Kimberly so far is r/kappa making fun of her big ol' five head. They did do her kinda dirty with that LeBronesque hairline:

kimberly-is-introduced-in-street-fighter

I like the fact that she isn't "beautiful" or with a perfectly symmetrical face. She's still cute,  but that's not her shtick.

Her fivehead doesn't really trigger my "this is weird" sense. She doesn't really have a big forehead so much as a hairline that's pushed way back.

That said, people with long foreheads freak me out. People like Mena Suvari...what is she planning to do with all that forehead? Where did it come from? Why is it there? Are their skulls elongated for no reason? That's some illuminati reptilian shit.

17 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Her fivehead doesn't really trigger my "this is weird" sense. She doesn't really have a big forehead so much as a hairline that's pushed way back.

That said, people with long foreheads freak me out. People like Mena Suvari...what is she planning to do with all that forehead? Where did it come from? Why is it there? Are their skulls elongated for no reason? That's some illuminati reptilian shit.

Mena Suvari, I haven't heard that name in a while. I thought she was good actress but I didn't find her attractive at all. 

Edit: I agree with you that it's more of hairline issue with Kimberly. I appreciate the fact that she actually looks black. They didn't just slap dark skin on a model with European facial features.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I thought she was good actress but I didn't find her attractive at all. 

See the problem is that big foreheads like that remind you of Frankenstein's Monster and then you see it, freak and are left wondering what type of unhinged plans against man they may be planning with all that forehead.

👀

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

See the problem is that big foreheads like that remind you of Frankenstein's Monster and then you see it, freak and are left wondering what type of unhinged plans against man they may be planning with all that forehead.

👀

It wasn't just her forehead. I found her completely unappealing. Which made American Beauty kind of funny to me at times. It's like you gonna risk it all....for her!? 🤨

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

What surprised me is see her being called "divisive"

I don't know if she is divisive, but from what I have saw on different sites and social media, the reaction around her has been kind of mixed.

The "negative" reactions that I have seen tend to go in line with what I have said, that her design looks busy, specially on the top side or that her personality looks annoying (turns out a lot of people are getting also tired of the quirky hyper type, lol).

Other reactions are less about her and mostly about wanting og BushinRyu chars back or see Zeku back (I think Zeku is a great addition to SF, so It is nice to see more people wanting him to be on more games)

I said it as a joke, but there is a group of people on twatter saying she is problematic because is a perpetuation of the black stereotypes, where you can't have a black character that is not urban, which is twatter so is not surprise that we have those imbeciles saying that kind of shit.

A lot of artist like her, so Is not surprising we have seen a lot of fanart.

In terms of gameplay, most people seem to agree that she seems to be promising.

27 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Yeah I didn’t really realize Kimberly was controversial till I went on r/kappa and a couple other places.  

Then somebody translated reactions from a Chinese page . They were going in but I’m just gonna assume it’s vocal minority that hate the character. I’ll probably play her just to piss people off at this point lol

From what I have seen, is not a vocal minority.

The thing is that what people dislike about her is not universal.

For some is part of her design.

For some is her personality.

For some is her "taking" the place of other Bushinryu chars

And for others is a combination or all the above.

Since the reaction has not overwhelmingly negative among those who have problems with her, is why I wouldn't say she is divisive, but she certainly is not universally liked.

Take me as an example, I like the idea of her gameplay, but I am not a fan of certain aspects of her design and don't like her in game characterization.

Edited by Hecatom