Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't play Tekken. So can someone tell me if Lidia was OP? It looks like most of the cast go a few changes. Lidia looks to have novel of nerfs.  Is she going to be hanging out with 3S Sean now? Honest question.

She was solid. Not as good as Leroy and Fahkumram, but still pretty good. Several players started to play her as well. I think the thing was that since she was the last character, there was no patch and she stood strong against everyone else. So with this latest patch, she’s supposed to be brought down to the rest of the cast.

6 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

What, you're telling me some people don't like seeing Negan and Noctis dueling in Geese's stage of Tekken 7?

This post is everything

Sure, Guest can open the door to an incredible addition (Geese), but often is highly unfitting mediocrity (Noctis) and can even been a true turd thrown on your chocolate pie (Negan)

If you can't trust who's making the pick better no Guest

5 hours ago, elliephil said:

Fortnite a fun game, we should get a lobby going sometime 😃

I'll never touch Fortnite. if I haven't touched it with all the pandering they've done up till now I'm never hopping on. I don't hate the game but everything about it reeks of zoomers that say fr fr no cap and then hop over to 2K and I think people like that are what's killing western civilization. 

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I'll never touch Fortnite. if I haven't touched it with all the pandering they've done up till now I'm never hopping on. I don't hate the game but everything about it reeks of zoomers that say fr fr no cap and then hop over to 2K and I think people like that are what's killing western civilization. 

spacer.png

You're out of touch, sorry lol

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

TIL I learned I'm a zoomer that says fr fr no cap.

Fortnite is a fun 3rd person shooter battle royale with a lot of licensed characters. 

That's all it is.

There's no need to hate on it just because it's what younger people tend to like.  Is this the 2022 version of old people hating rock and roll?

1 hour ago, Skort said:

To be quite fair i want a BloodRayne game faithful to the original. 

3rd person semi open world levels , not done in the style of Betrayal even though that was a decent game.

blood-rayne-vampire.gif

Sorry. Best you're gonna get is a "grounded", realistic reboot with dispersive open world and a "relatable" origin story trying to be a mediocre Hollywood movie because apparently that's what modern video game writers think make video games look like a dignified art.

I read Dragon Ball as a teen, the original 42 volumes. That felt like the proper conclusion for it and I never bother with GT, Super and whatever else came later because it was very obviously tacked on. Same reason I refuse to watch Toy Story 4, because 3's ending was both phenomenal and absolute.

10 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Sorry. Best you're gonna get is a "grounded", realistic reboot with dispersive open world and a "relatable" origin story trying to be a mediocre Hollywood movie because apparently that's what modern video game writers think make video games look like a dignified art.

Produced by californian Sony

19 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

what they did?

China has strict rules on what could and couldn't be displayed in films. To @delete_me's point Hollywood Studios, particularly Disney, capitulated to their demands out of greed. It's why something as innocuous putting the Taiwanese flag in Top Gun Maverick was a big deal. China doesn't allow that. So the film can't be released in China, not that Tom Cruise gives a fuck.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/taiwan-cheers-top-gun-maverick-defying-chinese-censors-rcna31571

5 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

what they did?

Some of a movie’s earnings are through the international box office and a lot of that comes from China because how huge it is. However China will not have a movie played there if it doesn’t follow the “rules” they set. Since they have a chance to lose a bunch of money because of that, most movies will try to appeal to China in some way. For examples:

•Portraying China as less than perfect will have it banned. This extends to characters from the country as well.

•Having an actor that may have said something negative about the country apologize for it. One of the most notable examples of this was John Cena’s apology while he was promoting Fast and Furious 9.

•Add and heavily promote one of China’s movie stars even if it’s added in a clunky way. One of the most egregious I’ve seen was Mission Impossible 5 giving top billing to Zhang Jingchu even though she was on screen for 30 seconds.

•Though it’s not limited to China, no depiction of gay or lesbian relationships. If there is a showing of this in a movie; it usually features minor characters, only shown for a few seconds, and can be easily edited out. Like the lesbian kiss in Star Wars.

There’s probably a lot more examples of this, but those are some of the biggest. And because of the money that could be made, studios will kowtow to their demands.

Edited by BornWinner