Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

So how long until the mob crawls out of its cave and wants to cancel this writer's fighting game because some of those people had some archaic views by today's standards (i.e. Lovecraft being pretty racist and so on)?

The countdown is running...

Edit: For the record I really like the idea. I also liked the idea of this god fighting game (forgot the name). It's fun to see indie developers put some more outlandish twists on the genre.

Edited by delete_me

Lol in another forum someone being tired of some SF2 characters returning

I understand the issue of "majority of SF2 returning" but there are characters that should return instead because of there archetype and game plan being essential to street fighter as a brand.

I'm all for diversity and I like Alpha/Zero casting and been a critic of too much SF2 in SF6.

But saying some archetype to be left out or be replace by a new characters instead because of hating that character being part of the most pop culture relevant SF game. Is ridiculous lol.

I always wanted SF2 and SF3 characters together in one game like an ultimate SFAlpha and SF3 crossover. I have been saying this for years even my character request is diverse casting that even include SF1 characters in SFV season one.

But moving forward I accepted why SF1 exclusive characters wouldn't be reworked to modern designs because they are restricted and the ideas were limited for characters that was from the early days. Same thing as the NPC dolls like MARS after seeing her in action there is no point of remaking her character to an interesting playable version. It might as well do a new character.

Yet the case for some SF2 cast isn't like that examples there gameplay has been essential building blocks and also the blue print of every new FGs in the 90s also the newer cast in SF from Zero to 3.  

I don't really get this OBSESSION to replace majority of SF2 cast with new FACES, lol

Like let's bring JR. Vega, APPRENTICE Dhalsim, Mel Master, Jane, Zangief Niece, Honda long lost little brother ideas, Sagat's Neighbor Son and etc.  haha

Just for the sake to oust and gatekeep the original characters that are gameplay relevant and iconic haha

Much as well replace the TITLE like Xennials Fighters Turbo X Alpha PLUS with Street Fighter 2 characters Cameo on endings and Stage backgrounds. OPS that already happened in  SF3 3rd Strike  SF3 New Generation

4afucyX.png

The guy is correct

And Capcom already tried in with Street Fighter that is SF3 New Generation the most outstanding distancing in SF2. 

'

It's not SF3 3rd Strike because that's the SF3's "3rd try" and it's gameplay relevant not settings relevant, plus it's just basically SF3 NG with additional popular SF2 characters on it if settings is the argument here. It was successful because of the cult evo moment and gameplay plus Chunli from SF2.

Basically the improvement of SF3 NG's SETTINGS is just by adding more familiar iconic faces, AKA ADDING more SF2 Characters as improvements haha. 

So it's not the right to justify by using SF33S as the right move of settings to make a reason of retiring most SF2 characters right because it's the opposite. Why? it adds more SF2 characters instead to recover from the disaster of the previous two earlier SF3 games that are failure in terms of SETTINGS.

but what defines the aspect of that move in it's purist form is SF3 NG, which nobody was attracted into base on distancing in it's timeline of original released compare to the1st ALPHA. Even Alpha1 beats SF3 NG and SF 2I in settings direction. Even include the two SFEX games.

Gameplay appeal, Art and Animation is not the argument but rather "the settings" of SF3NG and the replacement characters dictates that it was a failure of too much moving forward and gatekeeping both ALPHA and SF2 characters is a bad idea from the beginning.

It's like some people just wanted to be hipsters with casting for being cool to hate some familiar archetype to be replaced by NEW FACE for the sake of replacement and being new  lol

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

FbAcW_ZUIAYvngy?format=jpg&name=900x900

Capcom Online Program
September 15

Watch a brand new trailer and find out about the characters featured in [Street Fighter 6], as well as the new World Tour and Battle Hub modes.

Street Fighter 6 Special Program
September 16

Get a taste of the Fighting Grounds and World Tour modes with a real-time gameplay demo, along with an introduction to the vision and visuals of the world of Street Fighter 6. Don't miss it! 

Jesus fucking Christ I'm so pumped for SF6. 2023 is gonna drain my wallet with the amount of games I want. I'm also really looking forward to that Battle Network coverage because I'm def getting that to.

God of Rock is technically just the versus mode from basically every rhythm game with a different background. Not saying it won't be fun or anything and I might even give it a try because I like rhythm games, but it feels a bit weird to even namedrop the genre in this context.

Reminds me of the good old times when people compared Halo and Metroid Prime because both were sci-fi and you play a badass character from the first-person perspective.

31 minutes ago, delete_me said:

but it feels a bit weird to even namedrop the genre in this context.

Honestly that's really my only issue. Its a cool looking rhythm game. But this is going to invariably lead to that conversation from a bunch of people who can't do DPs. Then when we tell them to fuck off, they'll talk about how we have a very narrow minded view of a fighting game.

Not to sound like a shill but capcom is killing it lately. 
I’m sure a lot of it is being in a better position financially. I’m hyped for the battle network collection too.

i wonder who they’re going to show next, hopefully whatever they show for the open works mode gets the casual fans attention.

Randomly even though I’m not really a Ed fan I’m curious to see what they do with him. I wonder if he’ll have inputs like in 5. I don’t really see the need for it with modern controls

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

God of Rock is technically just the versus mode from basically every rhythm game with a different background. Not saying it won't be fun or anything and I might even give it a try because I like rhythm games, but it feels a bit weird to even namedrop the genre in this context.

Reminds me of the good old times when people compared Halo and Metroid Prime because both were sci-fi and you play a badass character from the first-person perspective.

It isn't weird to me. Competitive Catherine gained traction by being a side game in FGC events. If there's more to God of rock than what was shown I can see a similar future for it.

6 hours ago, mykka said:

Damnd getting his own button, he is definitely being pushed by Capcom. Season 1 DLC?

He was also highlighted in the first trailer, so he either plays a major part in World Tour mode or he is planned for S1.

Edit - Or both.

Edited by Daemos
34 minutes ago, Daemos said:

He was also highlighted in the first trailer, so he either plays a major part in World Tour mode or he is planned for S1.

Edit - Or both.

Fron the trailer getting vibes he may be the Boss of the Metro City area, considering our character is probably a noob at begin of his journey have DamnD as first wall (as he was in FF) would make sense 

If make it to playable cast wonder if lower Birdie's chances

14 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It isn't weird to me. Competitive Catherine gained traction by being a side game in FGC events. If there's more to God of rock than what was shown I can see a similar future for it.

Yes, but nobody called it a fighting game. Catherine simply turned out to have a very competitive fanbase that also overlapped with FG players. There's nothing wrong with that and there's also no reason why God of Rock couldn't indirectly follow in its footsteps, but from a mechanical gameplay standpoint it's Guitar Hero, not Street Fighter.

@Mattatsusorry bro I fully intended to re-download MK11, but then I go on my computer a day or two later and realized I really don’t feel like playing it. Sorry to be a tease.

I haven’t been keeping up with the thread of SF6 in general but I really like Kimberly’s design. Don’t expect to main her or anything I just think she’s cool. Definitely want to see some gameplay of her.

Edited by Vhozite
9 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Good thing we have Samsho 👀

Yeah, Samsho and Melty are my main games right now. Really loving both.

I do really want to play an MK game though, but not sure which one… Been meaning to try MKX again but liking the other two games too much

16 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

You still playing Melty Blood?  Thought about picking it up but apparently I just missed the sale.  I'll wait for the next one whenever that is.  

I only started playing it after Evo, so I’m still learning and have only hopped online once, but I’m liking it a lot. it’s my favourite anime game since Xrd (and maybe even since MVC2).

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I only started playing it after Evo, so I’m still learning and have only hopped online once, but I’m liking it a lot. it’s my favourite anime game since Xrd (and maybe even since MVC2).

Yeah, I completely ignored the game but then watched some of it at Evo and it looked fun.  Apparently a lot of the earlier issues with shield have been fixed and the game seems to be in a good place now.  

16 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Yeah, I completely ignored the game but then watched some of it at Evo and it looked fun.  Apparently a lot of the earlier issues with shield have been fixed and the game seems to be in a good place now.  

Yeah, that was like me. I pre-ordered it cause the movement and combos looked awesome, but I read all the complaints about shield and never gave it much of a chance.

Then I heard about the post-Evo patch and decided to finally boot it up to try it and have been having a blast.

shield isn’t nerfed into the ground, it’s still very much a thing (from what I’ve seen), but it’s not as rewarding as it was, and I believe most characters got more tools to punish it. The last patch was really significant in that it also have characters new moves and properties to their moves - making them also have a lot more utility and combo options. It’s a really open game mechanically and it’s very fast.

Edited by Mattatsu