Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

15 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

There is at least one comeback mechanic I think we could consider; namely the critical arts, which now get triggered at 30% life, with max meter stored. Feels sliiiiiightly Ultra Combo/Revenge Gauge-ish. But to your point about SF6 not feeling like SFV? I agree - on paper seems like a very different game compared to V, but I guess the base of it seems like SFV at least. Adding all the new systems, and whatever else the devs are cooking behind the scenes will probably make it feel more like its own thing. I trust that they're putting together a phenomenal product.

I'll have to go back and look at the footage again to be sure. From my recollection, you only gain Super meter in SF6 when your opponent is hit or blocks your attacks. It didn't seem like you gained Super meter from taking damage. Which means the player with more effective offense will get the most meter. in SFIV, you literally got rewarded with Ultras for getting you the shit kicked out of you. It's why Elena in SFIV was broken. She was able to take full advantage of the absurdity of that setup. So I guess the low health aspect could be view as a bit of a comeback mechanic but given how meter seems to be earned, I really don't see Super's as a comeback mechanic in SF6. Of course the games a long way from release, so that could change, but I hope it doesn't.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Maybe this isn't worded the right way, but I can understand where the concern comes from. These controllers are opening up so much new tech that the games themselves couldn't allow for any player to find themselves. SOCD is crazy.

This has sort of been a long time coming. You can do a lot of stuff on this way better than stick. If the game lets you shortcut certain motions, then things can get even sillier.

Its kind of funny because Aris was the first one who said these things were bonkers. He got a hitbox, messed around with it for a few minutes and was doing perfect EGWFs with no problem. Moment he did that, he basically threw the thing in the trash. Think once people start exploring hitbox in certain older games, things are really going to start getting goofy.

Like yeah, maybe doing Magneto's ROM with it is going to be hard. But if you're doing fast flies with Sentinel, you don't have to worry about letting the stick go to neutral since you get there the moment you release buttons. Overall people really overhype just how hard it is to use it and then tend to really downplay how much of an advantage it gives you in some areas. You know how easy it is to fuzzy block on hitbox? On that alone the thing is nutty since you go from standing to downblock incredibly fast by just tapping buttons.

Its kinda dumb TBH.

35 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Maybe this isn't worded the right way, but I can understand where the concern comes from. These controllers are opening up so much new tech that the games themselves couldn't allow for any player to find themselves. SOCD is crazy.

kinda confused but this would be crazy sooner or later that things establish need to changed because of some controllers

Edited by Shakunetsu
4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

So in the SFV ending, Ryu showed Ken his new found power, and this awakened something in Ken that he didn't know was missing from him. And so he began searching for it, to the point it became an obsession. Putting this quest before his wide and kids. And that's why Eliza left and took the kids lol. That's my theory anyway!

Ken's wearing her locket in SF6 though. That seems to imply that she died IMO. Look at the locket in the right thumbnail image and then look at SF6 Ken. It looks the same locket to me.

21 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

So in the SFV ending, Ryu showed Ken his new found power, and this awakened something in Ken that he didn't know was missing from him. And so he began searching for it, to the point it became an obsession. Putting this quest before his wide and kids. And that's why Eliza left and took the kids lol. That's my theory anyway!

Ken used to live dat Daniel life but somehow managed to become Johnny

Cobra Kai 3: gli autori parlano dell'importante evoluzione del rapporto tra  Johnny e Daniel | TV - BadTaste.it

ken-ssf2xending.gifStreet Fighter 6: Fãs estão preocupados com a situação de Ken no novo jogo  - Combo Infinito

Edited by CESTUS III
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

From my recollection, you only gain Super meter in SF6 when your opponent is hit or blocks your attacks. It didn't seem like you gained Super meter from taking damage.

Looked at the summary footage on Max's YouTube channel this morning. The super meter filled by dishing out damage and receiving it too. Although I'm not sure how much the meter increase occurs between taking and receiving damage though...

Edited by ToreyBeans

If we do somehow get Capcom vs SNK 3, I hope they get more unique with the roster. It was pretty much SF vs KOF and the few that weren’t were still from their fighting games. I didn’t care for SvC, but I did like the few unique choices they made with Zero, Goddess Athena, and Mars People. It would be nice to have some Mega Man, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, etc. 

But I would like just having more than Street Fighter for Capcom’s side.

19 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I was watching this video and thinking, somebody's going to say that's cheating. Thread:

box apologist coming through

friendly reminder that lots of cheap hitbox things only work because of the way the game is programmed and could be stopped if the designers accounted for the possibility of socd tricks. also reminder that box is extra cheap in sfv because that game has an outrageously lenient input reader, only game ive ever played where 33x is a legit dp motion lol

box definitely allows for the fastest possible inputs and in that regard always will be strictly more efficient than stick, but if they felt like it devs could put a stop to a lot of the tricks people dont seem to like. Old games left out in the cold forever though ofc

7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Thank goodness they confirmed Terry. Was scared he was going to miss out in a Fatal Fury game.

I'm likely in the minority on this but I would like to the return of the lane system. It was Fatal Fury signature mechanic before Mark of the wolves got rid of it.

19 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm likely in the minority on this but I would like to the return of the lane system. It was Fatal Fury signature mechanic before Mark of the wolves got rid of it.

i personally would rather leave the lane system where it is.  I love FF but I think MotW2 is where the money is and Capcom hasn’t had a really competitor in SF style gameplay in what feels like forever unless you count GBVS. 

I’m continuing the TMNTXJL matcherino series.  Here’s the latest entry.  I got to see the top players offline over the weekend and I’m excited to see things play out.  

once the season is done I’m going to start the push to get an SFxT exhibition up on the EVO stage with Freshcut.  We’ve had early talks already and it’s promising.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Considering that Capcom is yet to release SF6, SNK is barely starting the life cycle of KOF15 and is working on Garou 2, is safe to say that it will take a while before we actually see any cvs3 assuming that this announcement of both parties are interested leads to a new game.

At least this could mean that they could be planning on releasing CVS1&2 and SvsC respectively.

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ken's wearing her locket in SF6 though. That seems to imply that she died IMO. Look at the locket in the right thumbnail image and then look at SF6 Ken. It looks the same locket to me.

Or you know, it is a good luck charm that she gave to him while he is on his quest to improve his martial arts skills.

45 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I hope you are right man. I hope all this sad Ken talk is nonsense personally.

-kinda long, pretty story thread style post, sorry for the OT-

Can really be just that after SFV events felt like Ryu surpassed him too much, and as result Ken thought will need to pass some time just traveling around the world, training, fighting and looking for new challenges like his friend does (even if canon wise we know Ryu have kinda normal life lol)

If is like that the locket as@Hecatomsaid  would be just a little lovely gift by Eliza to remember his family (according to capcom, the source of his strenght) while he's away

After all in SF5 cinematic story

-He see Ryu struggling to find inner balance and fully express his own potential (Ken even beat his ass in sparring)

v

-He see Ryu take his time to train alone, even temporary renouncing to help his friends fight the bad guys

v

-He see Ryu returning from that training changed and much more powerful (wich he is, just defeated Necalli and Bison without even struggle), literally last after-credits scene of ASF is Ken wanting to see Ryu's improvement/inner balance (the "answer" he was looking for), they fight and Ken get defeated and by reaction seems pretty one-side too...

then probably the most important scene, Ryu's red headband (the one Ken gifted him years before as reminder to stay focused) fly towards knocked down Ken as if the headband is almost returning to his original owner saying him "now it's your turn to stay focused!", they even make a kinda sad Ken grab it and tell Ryu "now i get it, i guess you won't need this anymore" (implying not only the headband, but also Ken himself help as friend/rival/training partner, because feels Ryu gone out of his league)

But at that point Ryu correct him and take the headband back, saying that improvment is a neverending path so he will still need it (headband and Ken help), he help him stand and they do teh brofist as renewed promise of continue be friends/rivals/training partners for mutual improvement

Pretty martial arts culture shit

Essentially if we focus on this scene Ken not only found motivation to not be left behind, but also realized that even this "new" powerful Ryu that already surpassed him will not even stop/slow down and that his (Ken) duty as training partner is to "level up" too

Rewatch this after seen SF6 Ken is pretty cool, scene feels much less generic "Ryu stronk" moment, watched from a new perspective would say have more to do with Ken

This woud fit very well if we consider SF6 as direct follow up (even if with timeskip) of ASF events in SF5

Only problem is have no idea how SF3 Ken would fit in all of this

On other hand i doubt they will have much moral problems at do whatever they want with SF3 timeline lol

I hope TGS gives us some info about how the whole online thing is going to work in SF6. I know it's not strictly related to its systems, but boy is Diamond a miserable experience for me in SFV. I lose 8 out of 10 matches or so but those two games I win are against someone who has a bunch more points but simply didn't know the matchup, so that compensates for all my losses just to make sure I stay at this spot.

Maybe if they have different points for the player and the character again I'd feel more motivated to hop around characters and find a spot on the leaderboard where similarly-minded people are hanging around.

12 hours ago, Hecatom said:

The thing is that the mechanic was never popular, hence why they always kept reworking it until they scrapped it for Garou.

I thought the way it worked in special and the real bout games was the way to go. I always liked it even though it was janky and inconsistent. After 20 years it would be better for them to play it safe and avoid experimental mechanics

5 hours ago, delete_me said:

I hope TGS gives us some info about how the whole online thing is going to work in SF6. I know it's not strictly related to its systems, but boy is Diamond a miserable experience for me in SFV. I lose 8 out of 10 matches or so but those two games I win are against someone who has a bunch more points but simply didn't know the matchup, so that compensates for all my losses just to make sure I stay at this spot.

Maybe if they have different points for the player and the character again I'd feel more motivated to hop around characters and find a spot on the leaderboard where similarly-minded people are hanging around.

I want the cross play to be more streamlined this time around. CFN was a nightmare to navigate when trying to invite people to lobbies. At the very least I want to be able to directly invite a friend from my friend list if we're on the same platform

What i think Cammy could get in SF 6

• Her super from SF4 ( not ultra )  as her level 1
  • Install level 2 in the form of her V-trigger 2 dashes from SFV. Maybe she will get the CQC from SF4 but i doubt it.
  • Her level 3 already leaked
  • EX spiral arrow changed to this that gives her a followup if meter is burned for extra juggle ( it seems to be a trend in SF6,  Juri axe kick, Chun legs  etc )   ezgif-1-98e20f5b68.gif
  • Decapre's overhead or Decapre's air drill
  • This normal as a launcher Screenshot-2022-08-31-152818.jpg
  • This round start animation because i want it  dpzdku-882e03fc-e8e9-4807-a3e6-0845af47d
  • Several DLC costumes where she has no pants at all.
20 minutes ago, Skort said:

This round start animation because i want it  dpzdku-882e03fc-e8e9-4807-a3e6-0845af47d

Your taste in things continues to prove to be amazing.

It's a shame I don't see this animation happening because a) I'm not sure if it makes sense on Cammy's default in VI and these animations are likely based on the default first and foremost, and b) it would probably mess with alternate costumes, unless they want to design different coats for different costumes, and I don't see that happening.