Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

9 hours ago, BornWinner said:

@delete_me I know you was excited to see him in that leak a while ago. Gizmo has been confirmed for Multiversus.

Oddly enough you can already see the Gremlin form on Multiversus game icon on Xbox.

But yeah, it's such a cool inclusion. I love how they're not just going with the obvious roster choices from the modern era.

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

301190598_489337553011686_70836043410710

So guys I have seen the discussion on this:

Some pointed out that they like SNK because of the handheld game, but yes CVS2 wasn't popular for it's gameplay modes 

What are your thoughts?

I was surprised he said that knowing Max is a huge Capcom fanboy. SNK made SvC Chaos and from what I know that game wasn't that great.   Capcom made CvS2 and it was the pinnacle game.   

I'd be fine either way but I'd probably prefer Capcom make CvS3.

4 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I was surprised he said that knowing Max is a huge Capcom fanboy. SNK made SvC Chaos and from what I know that game wasn't that great.   Capcom made CvS2 and it was the pinnacle game.   

To be fair, SNK was a different company back when Chaos was made. If they'd waited a year or so later, that game would've been awesome. SNK hit a groove shortly after that with bangers like KOF 2003, Neo Geo BC and KOF XI. May have had a totally different Chaos in that period 

Anyways, CVS3 or whatever probably a ways off. I'm thinking atleast 4-5 years before we hear anything. Gotta get SF6  and Garou out and let them cool off. 

As for who I'd like to make it, I'd say let SNK come up with the gameplay/mechanics with slight input from Capcom and let Capcom handle all the  graphics/sound/presentation which they excel at

7 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Some pointed out that they like SNK because of the handheld game, but yes CVS2 wasn't popular for it's gameplay modes 

What are your thoughts?

He's just trying to stir the pot and get attention. Max should have several fucking seats.

CvS2 is legendary. SvC was a novelty "(oh look SF characters done in SNK style yippee"). I trust Capcom with CvS3.

If there is talk about CvS3, then I hope Capcom is the one to develop it. They can manage SF6 and be able to work on a second game. SNK has set a clear pattern to releasing their fighting games in roughly three year intervals:

KOF 14 - 2016
Samurai Shodown - 2019

KOF 15 - 2022

Garou 2 - ???

I think that pattern is within SNK's development budget, where Capcom is most likely fishing for the next fighting game project to take on. IMO CvS3 seems like a more realistic objective than another Marvel vs game.

Edited by Jurassic
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

5-6 of the "new" characters have legit potential to be knock-offs of classic ones to substitute their functions. If that's the case then it would be a shame.

Losing Fang is not loss in my book. The guy is the definition of lame. 

1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

If there is talk about CvS3, then I hope Capcom is the one to develop it. They can manage SF6 and be able to work on a second game. SNK has set a clear pattern to releasing their fighting games in roughly three year intervals:

KOF 14 - 2016
Samurai Shodown - 2019

KOF 15 - 2022

Garou 2 - ???

I think that pattern is within SNK's development budget, where Capcom is most likely fishing for the next fighting game project to take on. IMO CvS3 seems like a more realistic objective than another Marvel vs game.

I hope they do what they did last time and have free reign to develop their own games how they want rather than splitting the difference. 

8 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Thank fucking god. If your male character isn’t cool turn them into a woman!

Tbh for me is about who replace who, "is'nt cool" is generally the result of poor taste SF audience + Capcom being the best at create good characters then let them die alone in a corner

There are decent amount of chars that would be far more popular if Capcom bothered to do their job lol

Btw only problem i see is in SF male characters usually do most of the work for cast variety: you get the huge muscle guy, the very old master, the freak ugly char, the insanely tall guy, super fatball dude etc etc... this is also part of SF variety and with females this seems less possible because their fanservice function require all of them to be hot or cute, so they're all in similar age range, similar body built range and so on

This does'nt mean all female characters are "the same", just that their range (imposed by Capcom) to be different from each other is much more narrow

Now to give credit where is due, new char Marisa may be the very first time in decades of SF they used a female char in extreme way, but guess so far she's more the exception than the rule.

To be completely fair in concept phase of previous chapters (SF4 and SFV) they actually created other characters concepts that broke out of usual range before Marisa, but they never made it to actual game

Btw on the current ones we're talking about i'm kinda positive

T.Hawk -> Lily: no much problem for me here, dude main gimmicks were being native american and a giant. She does the NA thing and SF have much better giant who does giant shit  (Hugo), plus i like her weapons bringing some variety. Only real loss here to me is T.Hawk gameplay, wich was very original/unique

FANG -> AKI: Another potential good one, she looks good, will keep the poison hands thing and SF does'nt have many female villains. Just going to miss have a char that bring the tall/super skinny body type, but if a new char will do it i will be ok with it

Manon -> Abel: Manon herself seems a good character and i like her super athlete vibe (very tall, golden medal, training weights on wrist and ankles, modern sportswear), only tragedy to me here is that Abel is in many ways one of most underrated characters Capcom created post-SF3 (easily top5) and he's disappearing because the two things i was saying before, Capcom ineptitude and shit taste audience

Kimberly -> Guy/Zeku: kinda split on this... on variety point i think she's an improvement, we're getting the first black american female and visually she seems to stand out well in the cast, plus she seems fun. On other hand she does'nt seem to me we're necessary getting a great character, while Old Zeku was awesome addition.

If was just about Kimberly over Guy or even easier over Maki would have been ok with it, but lose Zeku feels bit a lost exchange

Overall is positive so far, plus as i said in the post with actual numbers at the moment SF6 have basically same M-F ratio of SFV, so it's not like they distorting much SF, is mostly perception on people side

Indeed more villainesses or female lethal style practitioners is what I want in SF. That A.K.I. looks cool. Gen's disciple idea would be cool as well

FbW8IeoXEAEbW05?format=jpg&name=small

Vivian Nishiki is not evil but she plays the psychotic role well

FbW7qNoWIAYbhAh?format=jpg&name=large

51307f3cb31df3af1300e84b24c180f4c66db602

Of course, Juri plays both roles well but I want MOAR!

On 8/31/2022 at 5:35 PM, Skort said:

Artists being awesome  

Fbgfr1a-XEAANszf.jpg

Textless version and no top:

https://sta.sh/01qxjelfjtf9

juri_sf6_by_dandonfuga_by_dandonfuga_dfc

Edited by AriesWarlock
13 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

What are your thoughts?

Being a frequent watcher of his stream, I’m not surprised to see that Max thinks this. He made it clear that he enjoyed KOF15 more than SF5 and goes back to it often. It may just be engagement bait, I can see where he’s coming from. I don’t think we should use SvC Chaos as proof that SNK shouldn’t be the one to make since they were on Death’s Door when they were developing it. Now SNK is at a better place since then and they usually give it their all to their fighting games. As opposed to Capcom who threw beloved series Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom into the wolves with V and Infinite.

That being said, SF6 looks pretty great right now. It’s clear that Capcom is treating this better than their last two games. If CvS3 was to happen and it got a budget like Resident Evil or Monster Hunter, it could be great.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Indeed more villainesses or female lethal style practitioners is what I want in SF. That A.K.I. looks cool. Gen's disciple idea would be cool as well

FbW8IeoXEAEbW05?format=jpg&name=small

Don't like that one tbh, would have prefered they took the male concept with long hair

Brasileiro jogador de futebol foi cortado de Street Fighter 5 | Listas |  TechTudo

and made a less bullshit, more traditional, Gato like character with it

gato-sel.gif

Guess somehow they did took some and result is

Jamie Voice - Street Fighter 6 (Video Game) - Behind The Voice Actors

Not complaining btw, Jaime have his cool moments

Spoiler

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Don't like that one tbh, would have prefe

Funny because I wanted the male student even though I'm not a fan of the design. The female student looks much better to me, looks like she upholds tradition, and satisfies my requirement of a deadly female though I'd remove or reduce the big hair pompoms. The male student looks like some someone from a Japanese cyberpunk future.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Seems that I still got it in this genre. I wonder if my agency can represent me in this field, since they have gaming as an option? I feel like since I do perform, taking hands on acting advice, and so on, that I'll have personality from live streaming? New this thing overall.

Though, I can always do this myself. I'm a pretty engaging person from the good, bad, to worse, like me or don't attitude, but I can always do this separately. 

The thought is just amusing to me. It wouldn't hurt to update my profile on the matter. Always looking for interesting gigs. 

Edited by Emptyeyes_
1 hour ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Seems that I still got it in this genre. I wonder if my agency can represent me in this field, since they have gaming as an option? I feel like since I do perform, taking hands on acting advice, and so on, that I'll have personality from live streaming? New this thing overall.

Though, I can always do this myself. I'm a pretty engaging person from the good, bad, to worse, like me or don't attitude, but I can always do this separately. 

The thought is just amusing to me. It wouldn't hurt to update my profile on the matter. Always looking for interesting gigs. 

Did you just post your inner monologue on here?

5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Funny because I wanted the male student even though I'm not a fan of the design. The female student looks much better to me, looks like she upholds tradition, and satisfies my requirement of a deadly female though I'd remove or reduce the big hair pompoms. The male student looks like some someone from a Japanese cyberpunk future.

Idk that female design felt bad to me, only bright side was an intentional wink at shaolin monks orange uniforms but did'nt worked at all on her (or with Gen btw)

Male student felt like they was going all modern clothing wich in my opinion for SF and a Gen disciple would have been retarded choice

End up i did'nt end up getting a more traditional Gato-like redesign of that concept, but guess Jaime is decent middle way

The costume design does'nt push THAT much towards slap in you face "MODERN!" as something that eat everything else including fighting style imagery (SF6 Luke died like that), they just gave a very modern look to a kinda traditional kung fu fighter design, did'nt moved too far from Yun and Yang era

At first sight feels like "he's KUNG FU, but he's modern!"

Then they added lot of stuff like breakdance and capoeira vibes, but the design works

Btw beside Gen disciple and maybe bit of Gato (colors), another guy got absorbed by Jaime lol

King Cobra - Street Fighter by Dirtyballa on DeviantArt

Edited by CESTUS III
On 9/3/2022 at 12:19 AM, HeavensCloud said:

SNK was dying when they made SvC Chaos, so that game really doesn't count as a way to gauge how they will make a crossover.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:27 PM, Shakunetsu said:

What are your thoughts?

Ehhh.

If is like what they did back on the day, then we can bet that capcom will make their own game and snk will do the same.

Now, if the new hypothetical game is a team effort game co-published and co produced, then it would make sense that both of them provide input on the game.

Saying that.

I know that everyone is hyped for SF6, but for me at least, that game is still unproven.

So far, after capcom coming back to making fgs, all their games have been meh to bad, SF4 started ok, peaked at SSF4 and then went downhill, and mvc3/umvc3)is a game I would never say was good even if is the entry of the vs series that i like the most (cvs and cvs2 are are another series for me) so I don't have much faith on them (capcom) making a game that lives up to what cvs2 was, not necessarily in balance but the experience.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

snip

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

17 hours ago, Jurassic said:

KOF 14 - 2016
Samurai Shodown - 2019

KOF 15 - 2022

Garou 2 - ???

Going by your logic, then SNK has better chances of releasing a new CVS game than capcom, since capcom has released less fgs in the same time window

SFV in 2015 and MVCI on 2017, which was abandoned in 6 months.

Seeing the current way that Capcom releases games, is safe to say that they are being more conservative on how they approach their lineups than when they came back during the SF4 days.

The consecutive failures of SFxT, SFV and MVCI, plus the failures of other games in other genres, tells us that they probably will not try to release games in the same genre with so much vicinity with each other, specially one that could see as cannibalizing the market of the other which with their current model seems more likely that would be the case, since is easier to have a big project where the resources to keep supporting it are less than what would be necessary to kickstart a new one, having it to compete with your current big project in both market and resources (marketing, developing, esports events, etc), licensing since is a crossover we are talking about, and also having it to compete with the potential pair to g along, if they go the route that cvs went and sfxt was supposed to go.

With Ono no longer around, I'm not certain what Capcom's approach will be for fighting games. I just think it would be best to have Capcom develop CvS because:

-SNK announced Garou 2 (Something I have high hopes for)

-SNK has been flexible with working with other companies over the years (Baiken in Samurai Shodown, KOF characters in DOA)

-Unique game design (having CvS be distinct from KOF)

On 9/2/2022 at 11:27 PM, Shakunetsu said:

What are your thoughts?

I dont think its a secret that Max has been extremely critical of the CAPCOM Fightig Division for some time now. He's mentioned it several times before and i share the sentiment that the last 6-8 years have been the "Dark Ages" for Division 2 with the legendary horrific release of SF5 and the utter failure of Infinite.  I definately see where he's coming from here especially since SNK is on a redemption arc with Samsho and KOF so seeing their take take on the vs series would be more favorable. Makes sense to me.

SFV took a turn for the better as soon as Takayama and Matsumoto took over.  They've righted the ship and the game is now in a really good place.  With those two at the helm Capcom's fighting division looks to be making a comeback.  

SF6 has received positive reception so far and every indication points to it being a fantastic game.  I have faith that if Capcom were in charge of CvS3 it would be a great game.  

57 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Eh, good place is debatable, since it still has a lot of the problems it started with.

Deceptive hitboxes, questionable mechanics, not so good netcode, bad input delay, the input delay cycle, the frame rate dipping due the CFN.

15 hours ago, Hecatom said:

SNK was dying when they made SvC Chaos, so that game really doesn't count as a way to gauge how they will make a crossover.

The same logic you are using to forgive SNK's shortcomings can be applied to SF5. Capcom was in financial peril when they were developing SF5 that forced them to take a lot of shortcuts to try to save itself and the franchise.

But Capcom is no longer in such a situation, and Capcom at the peak of its powers wipes the floor with SNK.