Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

6 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Your taste in things continues to prove to be amazing.

It's a shame I don't see this animation happening because a) I'm not sure if it makes sense on Cammy's default in VI and these animations are likely based on the default first and foremost, and b) it would probably mess with alternate costumes, unless they want to design different coats for different costumes, and I don't see that happening.

c) That's Killer Bee's cloak. She's no longer an undercover Weapon of Mass Destruction working for Shadaloo. 

But fret not! I know a man who can help her get that intro animation back.... Let's give him a call, everyone hold hands!

macumba.gif

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Your taste in things continues to prove to be amazing.

🤝

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

unless they want to design different coats for different costumes, and I don't see that happening.

Sadly this is most likely the case.

PS : to add to that list I think it would be appropriate if she gets this win quote back especially since there is battle damage now. It's actually one of my favourites of all time.

FIavEarXoAIrQHS.jpg

Edited by Skort
7 minutes ago, Skort said:

Curious they never bothered to add Abel in SFV , they even had a fully made 3D model for him ( granted not polished but still ).  It was the same case with Kolin who had a full 3D model ready that we could see in the story but but she lucked out and was added to the roster after several changes to her model.

The level of detail in the NPC models vs the fighting in-game models is night and day. To create a full character costs like a million dollars.

58 minutes ago, Skort said:

Curious they never bothered to add Abel in SFV , they even had a fully made 3D model for him ( granted not polished but still ).  It was the same case with Kolin who had a full 3D model ready that we could see in the story but but she lucked out and was added to the roster after several changes to her model.

Abel is one of best additions in SF universe got post-SF3, had lot going on to fit SF spirit and behind his simple appearance they put lot of attention to detail

But recent (if we count anything since 2008 as "recent") years Capcom proven over and over they're as great at create characters, as they're weak/dumb at promote and develop them

This is mostly true for new ones just as for veterans tbh

Difference is when a new or relatively recent character is'nt well pushed/promoted and don't become popular on their own (like Juri* or Menat), they tend to be left behind

*Juri was ALSO promoted well, still probably best/most needed addition post-SF3

Edited by CESTUS III
3 hours ago, Daemos said:

I forgot about those two for a second. They are Sething the entire cast!

Seth was a stroke of genius (and still the same character), but this could get out of hand.

SNK first did it with KOF all-star haha

and they know everyone profits with female characters because some are 

lol

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Omg they FANGed Hawk too! Or is it Sethed? Either way, I see what Capcom are doing... This isn't DoA!

Better quit all that gay shit, the future is decidedly straight...unless they're all lesbians. Then the future hit us with a mix up and went back to gay.

😤

16 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Better quit all that gay shit, the future is decidedly straight...unless they're all lesbians. Then the future hit us with a mix up and went back to gay.

😤

Ah hell no! They're only turning the butterfaces and incels into female characters. We still got Hot Ryu and Divorced Ken to look forward to!

If you want the high quality mix ups, you gotta go to Guilty Gear:

FOQuQqhX0AI5U1Z?format=jpg&name=large

Overall I think its pretty cool that we're getting more female characters in various styles of clothing.  I played a bit of Alpha 2 with my daughter yesterday (had a stream on while doing her hair a few days ago and she wanted to try it, got super excited at Sakura because she plays with a little statute of hers that a friend got me from Japan). One thing that's kinda glaring is how many more male characters than female there have been in SF games.  SF2 had 2; A2 has 3; think A3 ended up with 7 after adding Cammy, the Dolls and R.Mika.  Third Strike has all of 4 and SF5 has 13.

Think its a bit noticeable now because there are just way more. SF6 is going to release with 8 female characters from what I saw in the leaked image. That's pretty good balance from the jump.

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

I forgot about those two for a second. They are Sething the entire cast!

Seth was a stroke of genius (and still the same character), but this could get out of hand.

Current SF6 revealed cast 14 males / 8 females

Launch SFV cast was 11 males / 5 females

Difference so far is'nt that big, essentially in both games females are close to be 1/3 of launch cast (slighty more than 1/3 in 6, slighty less than 1/3 in V)

Actually if you do +3M and +3F to SF5 cast, you get exactly SF6 cast (diffence being with SF5 ratio these would have probably been +4M and +2F)

Later with seasons they keept as general rule the model of release 6 DLC characters, 4M and 2F wich essentially keept females at 1/3 as launch cast

S1 -> 4M 2F

S2 -> 4M 2F

S3 -> 4M 2F

S4 -> have Poison AND Seth, guess is up to people lmao

S5 -> 3M 2F

So seems as general rule at least for SFV their idea was keep game 2/3 Male and 1/3 Female, wich so far more or less mirror SF6 revealed cast, we will see how they handle the DLC seasons

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS III

Season 4 was: Kage, Honda, Poison, Lucia, Gill, and Seth (3M, 3F?) I mean technically would be 2M, 2F, 1A (Apparition), 1R (Robot/Android) 🙃

Eh as i was saying hard to list that one lol 🤣

Where we can be sure

3M Honda, Gill, Kage (if we can give it a gender)

1F Lucia

Poison: guess impossible find an answer where everybody agree, because everybody disagree with everybody... depend on who you ask they would say Poison is M, F or T lol

Seth: purposely super ambiguous one, design wise they surely wanted gave it female appearance but at same time they keept male voice lol

Guess know well SF lore in this case is an handicap lol, casual player probably know too little to have doubts on M Kage or F Poison, to him only real "?" would be Seth because even not knowing lore hard to ignore the voice + robot look lol

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Season 5 was : 3M 2F (Dan, Rose, Akira, Oro, and Luke)

You're right, i think mentally i counted also Eleven as M

Fixed 👍

Btw see, the pattern more or less was that... launch cast + most seasons to keep a ratio close to 2/3M and 1/3F, more or less what we see so far in SF6

The real difference is how it's split between returning characters and new ones, SF6 current cast have kinda few reeturning girls (only 3) and lot of new ones (5), while launch SFV had 4 returning females and only 1 new girl (Laura)

26 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

And yes, this build will have Guile, Kimberly and Juri playable. 

I've been to a couple of EGXs a bit back, and the queues were fucked - talking about +2 hours for most games. I'd be tempted to get a little group together if they weren't, and London wasn't such a pain in the arse to get to. I did get to play SFV there before it came out though (and beat one of the guys running the booth!) I saw Ryan Hart there, and he's very, very fucking tall!

With it being in London, and Capcom UK being pally with the Winner Stays On group, I hope there's some kind deep dive of the build, with Problem X, Jammerz, Jester and co. giving  it a good going over like in NY a few days ago. It'd be great to see them explore Guile, Juri, and Kimberly. 

4 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

I've been to a couple of EGXs a bit back, and the queues were fucked - talking about +2 hours for most games. I'd be tempted to get a little group together if they weren't, and London wasn't such a pain in the arse to get to. I did get to play SFV there before it came out though (and beat one of the guys running the booth!) I saw Ryan Hart there, and he's very, very fucking tall!

With it being in London, and Capcom UK being pally with the Winner Stays On group, I hope there's some kind deep dive of the build, with Problem X, Jammerz, Jester and co. giving  it a good going over like in NY a few days ago. It'd be great to see them explore Guile, Juri, and Kimberly. 

Yeah Problem X picks up games quick. Not as quick as LI Joe but his skill ceiling is higher. I wonder what he would figure out in SF6. It's something to look out for. I hadn't considered how close Matt Edwards is to the Winner Stays On crew. Maybe they'll get a extended session with the game like LI Joe, Javits, etc. did with Yipes.