Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I was dreaming about SF6. I was at a midnight release. I got the game, then went home. I told myself "I wanted to wait until all my friends had the game before opening it". That's how you know it wasn't real. Anyway, once I see my friends on the game some time later, I had to install the game. Once it finished, I woke up. Fukk this shyt.

KEKW

I'm dying to play. I can't wait for all the comfy lobbies and with crossplay and rollback. Shit's gonna be legendary. 

No new character trailers at Gamescom, which I guess is understandable 

There is supposed to be a State of Play episode in early September and then a Tokyo GAMES Show presentation in the middle of the month,  however 

After that there isn't anything major happening in October and November, so that's likely looking like two months of nothing substantial except maybe new playable builds at bigger tournaments like UFA, Socal Regionals etc 

Thankfully TGA is in December, and apparently that event will have plenty of fighting game related announcements since Tekken 8 is lowkey confirmed to be there + a potential reveal of Mortal Kombat 12?

Still though, as of now Capcom has revealed only 7 characters out of 22 than we know about. The game is probably launching in February or March, so we have... Roughly 6 months to drop trailers of 15 Fighters, assuming none of those seen in the concept art leak are DLC or removed or changed somehow 

I would be surprised if Capcom will show a new trailer this week given the fact that they already shown two characters this month.

However, they have proved to be unpredictable so anything goes i suppose. If we won't get a character trailer i hope that the build they will have will feature all the characters not just the initial 4 we have seen so far.

41 minutes ago, Skort said:

I would be surprised if Capcom will show a new trailer this week given the fact that they already shown two characters this month.

However, they have proved to be unpredictable so anything goes i suppose. If we won't get a character trailer i hope that the build they will have will feature all the characters not just the initial 4 we have seen so far.

lowering expectation and not even expecting the average will always get you mostly RIGHT most of the time if were talking about Capcom Street Fighter. HAHA

19 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

lowering expectation and not even expecting the average will always get you mostly RIGHT most of the time if were talking about Capcom Street Fighter. HAHA

I agree based on past interactions with the fanbase.

However, when it comes to SF 6 , the only time i was disappointed was it's initial teaser trailer where we had like 1 week + timer for a 47 second teaser that basically did not show anything.

Pretty much all the rest that i saw so far regarding 6 i have enjoyed so far and i am looking forward to the game and they are doing a good job with keeping people interested with all these trailers / little bit of info so far. 

They need to keep it up, over all i have seen only good reactions from the community regarding this game. It looks good, hopefully it plays good as well.  I want a SF title that  i enjoy because sadly SFV never clicked with me as much as i would had hoped for a SF game  ( i have no issues with people that did enjoy it ).

Edited by Skort
6 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

After that there isn't anything major happening in October and November, so that's likely looking like two months of nothing substantial except maybe new playable builds at bigger tournaments like UFA, Socal Regionals etc 

October has New York comic con.

Capcom shouldn't feel the need to announce characters at events. The first major showcase of the game happened in a state of play.

1 hour ago, Skort said:

However, when it comes to SF 6 , the only time i was disappointed was it's initial teaser trailer where we had like 1 week + timer for a 47 second teaser that basically did not show anything.

Pretty much all the rest that i saw so far regarding 6 i have enjoyed so far and i am looking forward to the game and they are doing a good job with keeping people interested with all these trailers / little bit of info so far.

Yup, If I would compare that to SNK's character reveals by team before the last KOF launch it only missed a few days of expectation because of the pandemic and holidays in japan. What Capcom does is just making there high point as their new average.

Even SFXT was getting more news back then way before. I don't even expect the character leak as the initial roster we would be surprised by that later on that most of those characters are DLC. After SFV I still had to manage the expectation.

Everything that makes me wonder in SF6 is world tour and metro city.

48 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Everything that makes me wonder in SF6 is world tour and metro city.

They have been really quiet regarding this mode,i hope they start sharing info soon.

Funny how it works,I never buy fighting games for their single player content,but this one has my attention.

If I can do small activities / quests while waiting in que for matches this will be perfect for me. I really do wonder how vast these areas will be in order to keep the players interested in the mode.

Nobody expects GTA style city but maybe a few well made districts / hubs.

Edited by Skort
6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm expecting world tour to be like Konquest mode in Mortal Kombat Deception. The little we've seen of it reminds of it.

I just hope World Tour isn't microtransactions driven undercooked garbage. It's been nearly 6 months since the initial reveal and all we've seen of the mode is like 10 seconds of running around, even though this is supposedly one of the three main pillars of SF6 and is prominently featured in the marketing 

The fact that the game is launching on previous generation is also concerning which could further hurt the scope of World Tour 

I'm just waiting for a red flag to appear in regards to the game because it's been going way too smoothly to date 

I fear it will either be a hilariously small roster, RE Engine giving us the Eight Frames Saga part two,  or something bad in regards to World Tour like "pay 3.99$ to unlock Kikoken" 

1 hour ago, PVL_93_RU said:

I just hope World Tour isn't microtransactions driven undercooked garbage. It's been nearly 6 months since the initial reveal and all we've seen of the mode is like 10 seconds of running around, even though this is supposedly one of the three main pillars of SF6 and is prominently featured in the marketing 

The fact that the game is launching on previous generation is also concerning which could further hurt the scope of World Tour 

I'm just waiting for a red flag to appear in regards to the game because it's been going way too smoothly to date 

I fear it will either be a hilariously small roster, RE Engine giving us the Eight Frames Saga part two,  or something bad in regards to World Tour like "pay 3.99$ to unlock Kikoken" 

I think people with such little faith should be IP banned. This is a Capcom shill site and we keep the faith till the truth reveals itself on launch day. This game will have robust SPC and larger starting roster and immaculate online.  In Gill we trust.

spacer.png

Being cautious is not bad,however i would not say that SF6 launching on previous gen is a cause of concern when it comes to the scope of World Tour.

Old gen consoles while arguably dated by today's standards can still pack decent power to sustain a graphically impressive game and one vast in size at that. The best example would be Red Dead Redemption 2 , one of the most impressive games ever made that runs on older hardware just fine. It's up to Capcom on how well it's going to be optimized though.

As for microtransactions, it's bound to happen in one way or another. Be it tied to World tour mode or cosmetics for characters, it's definitely happening. There is no way Capcom won't take advantage of it when the game looks so good on the RE engine. I want customization, i just hope they don't put dumb stuff in the game like shark head costumes and such, hard pass on that.

Edited by Skort

Good news, everyone!  I'm back with Freshcut and am setting up some kind of SFxT EVO exhibition for next year in the vein of the T5DR and SF4 exhibition that was there this year.

Bad news, I've broken the Code of the Poverty Game, so now I must DIE!

Seriously, I heard Vortex Gallery was mostly a wash unless you were anime.  

Edited by Psychoblue