Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

LMAO! Yeah it was very cheap, especially the final episode where they just kept reusing shots as filler. None of this stuff holds like a candle to Street Fighter 2 AM or Street Fighter 2 V. 

BUT... It would be nice to see what SF would be interpreted as. Hopefully something closer to Castlevania and Dragon's Blood than Bloodline.

SF2TAM is exceptional. SF2V not so much. I remember thinking V was cool when I saw the initial episodes. Then I finished the series and wished I hadn't. SF2TAM set a high bar that nothing since has come with the same galaxy of.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

SF2V not so much.

The animation quality and artstyle was in some respects better than what we got in Tekken Bloodline - Which had its moments but it felt like a cheap and inorganic celshaded mess at times.

Edited by Daemos

I know EVO is already old news, but Ryan Heart's analysis of his off-stream match against Idom was pretty interesting (but rather long, you can skip some parts):

It's fun to see just at how many little things these guys manage to pay attention and how it informs the mindgame.

Meanwhile when I go online and do the same cross-up three times in a row and when I fake it on the fourth situation my opponent still blocks backwards. 

Edited by delete_me
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

The animation quality and artstyle was in some respects better than what we got in Tekken Bloodline - Which had its moments but it felt like a cheap and inorganic celshaded mess at times.

The narrative of SF2V got progressively worse as it went along. Doesn't matter how good the artstyle is when the substance is lacking. It's like sports cars with no horsepower....what's the point?

28 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

ko03q7innyi91.jpg

Was thinking of buying her too when I just saw she was on sale… I don’t even play the game, but we’ve been babysitting our nephew lately who loves DB but hasn’t gotten into FGs much, and I’m wondering if this game could change his opinion

edit: I know she isn’t an actual DB character though, but I also just buy nearly any FG content (game or DLC) I can as long as I can find a microscopic reason to justify it lol

Edited by Mattatsu
39 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Was thinking of buying her too when I just saw she was on sale… I don’t even play the game, but we’ve been babysitting our nephew lately who loves DB but hasn’t gotten into FGs much, and I’m wondering if this game could change his opinion

edit: I know she isn’t an actual DB character though, but I also just buy nearly any FG content (game or DLC) I can as long as I can find a microscopic reason to justify it lol

I don't play DBFZ that much nowadays, but I had tons of fun with Lab Coat 21 ever since she was released. I also really love this design of her.

So imo, she's worth it. Especially on sale.

8 hours ago, Skort said:

Tragedy.  He would deserve a spot by this time. I actually would prefer if he gets added in favor of Hugo for another "big body" character.

Not sure why he must replace another big body char, they're already a minority

Can't replace Hugo because would not be good replacement for the "giant" type of char Huge serve

I actually hope Haggar get into SF6 where Zangief is already confirmed, so the internet whining about Haggar will not risk to put Gief out

He's not going to replace Alex either i think

Not sure who can replace in their plans, just add him lol

8 hours ago, Skort said:

She isn't. Quite a shame i would say. I kinda like Lucia,pretty flashy gameplay and an okay visual design but she never took off when it comes to popularity. I personally don't see her returning though i would not mind if she did.

The irony is that despite being a "tribute" to FF fans, SFV Lucia had little to do with FF Lucia

Wonder if the char would have been more liked if they actually tried bring FF Lucia

9 hours ago, Skort said:

This is very likely. But as i said earlier, he has a decent chance to be playable as well,regardless if Kim took a lot from his toolkit. What more evidence do we need from a franchise that has a lot of overlapping but still manages to make them stand out a bit ( shotos )

The fault of this logic is believe every char in SF have shoto privileges

Try to apply it to Bushinryu history in FF and SF games and you will see out of many many games they only let 2 bushinryu being in same game once in a very specific console version of SFA3 (SFA3 Upper and the upgrade SFA3 Max), where they had the chance to recycle CvS2 Maki into SFA3

Every other case traditionally they ever used Guy, or pushed him out if a replacement (Maki, Zeku and now maybe Kimberly) showed up

I still have Guy as "possible" because it's not an unbreakable rule, but if to support his chances we want use SF history, Guy is fucking fucked 🤣

10 hours ago, Skort said:

Every SF game usually brings a comic relief character to the roster. Sodom could be the case regarding SF6. Been a while but isn't he a huge weeb in the story ?

Yeah he's an huge weeb being an american very obsessed with japanese culture

The comical side is more a SFA thing though, back to FF days iirc he was kinda serious

Apparently was the one that made the moves to resurrect MGG after FF1 events, that's why FF2 had a japanese Boss (because Sodom wanted to recruit strong japanese fighters as he's a weeb)

But agree with you, they would use comical SF version of him, dude is an huge jobber too... lost all the meaningful fights ha had: Guy, Rolento, Honda lol

One more reason to be in is he want revenge against Bushinryu, he may become a rival of Kimberly... wonder if he would be triggered by her not being japanese 🤣

54 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I did not watch this video. If a believe soul out there willing to make the sacrifice and give this view, how wrong is it?

I watched it without paying great attention, but from what I've seen it seems actually pretty decent.

Strange considering it's Polygon, which I feel is like a slightly more competent but also much more militant version of Kotaku, but I recall seeing another video of this same guy in the past that wasn't about fighting games and it was also pretty nice.

I couldn't pay full attention to the whole thing though, so maybe I missed some dumb stuff, but he talked about online, how connections work and why they're important to play decently, pick the character you think looks cool, advises to not burnout on ranked... Decent points for beginners I guess.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Polygon has a video about how people can get into fighting games

I did not watch this video. If a brave soul out there willing to make the sacrifice and give this view, how wrong is it?

If it's from Polygon or Kotaku, I refuse. I don't support either of those entities. Like LTG, they are persona non grata with me.

Personal opinion about certain publications notwithstanding, I get the impression that most outlets have at least one dedicated "fighting guy" these days. The genre has more wide-reaching than it used to and in the age of the internet you can't just get away with the misinformation some journalists used to base their opinions on anymore. Not saying these people can go out and win EVO, but I've noticed here and there that they do know some stuff.

That recent ign Top10 list, whether you agree with it or not, was also clearly made by someone who pays attention to the scene for example.

17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

SF2TAM is exceptional. SF2V not so much. I remember thinking V was cool when I saw the initial episodes. Then I finished the series and wished I hadn't. SF2TAM set a high bar that nothing since has come with the same galaxy of.

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The narrative of SF2V got progressively worse as it went along. Doesn't matter how good the artstyle is when the substance is lacking. It's like sports cars with no horsepower....what's the point?

It was rushed and forced later end later, because of Capcom that time.

To be fair SF2AM is amazing because the ART was guided and under strict term under Capcom because SF was doing better that time like it was the FLAGSHIP BRAND than MEGAMAN and we won't have that kind of "CARE"  anymore from other external licensed media unless it was CAPCOM would approach to make them a movie base on there preference and with strict guidelines while SF being successful. They even have a battle choreograph that why the fight scene were good, but the story also was poor other the Ryu, Ken and Bison.

SF2AM selling point was the fight scenes and art style because of being distinctly 90's SF2. It's not because of being handle by a well known name in the industry but because it was on the right time and right situation.

It also suffered problems like SFZero OVA and SF live action

The Juri OVA was better in terms of story. Because it's central on a new character with selected cast that made sense.

Problem with western media and the current trends of Japanese animation is also that they are the same in the 90s that would care with art style being replicated and improve other than being expressive with there own VERSIONS of the the characters instead of just translating to anime. 

@Scotia(I'm assuming it's the same guy) posted this on ResetEra on Saturday:

Me and a couple others just had a brief conversation with Matt Edwards, some choice quotes that were interesting;

Later down the line they’re doing another ‘expanded build’ which I assume means more characters.

Luke’s design in 6 predated his one in 5 (obvious I know but nice for some confirmation).

The base roster is ‘sizeable’ and he doesn’t think people will be disappointed.

As far as he knows there’s no announcement at Gamescom, just the demo.

38 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The Ryu/Chun-Li shippers are getting wild.

I used to have those. Never took the pills, but the box was hilarious. Only ended up throwing it away after my daughter was born. bought it as a gag but the guy swore up and done that the pills work.

Like nah, at the time I refused to take pills for headaches. No way in hell I'm gonna swallow two pills from a shady hentai box. FOH, salesperson, I bought this strictly for the art.

😂

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

22 would greatly help undo the damage of SF5's launch and show a new precedent for audiences. It will generate so much good will and silence critics.

It also means we get to actually look forward to the Season 1 announcement.

Was just thinking that while 22 would be a great start, i hope it's not done by eating S1 launch

Hope to see who's next as soon as possible because while i really like the 22 as overall group (including unpopular stuff like Honda), feel like cast have bunch of missing roles i'd like to see covered as soon as possible

9 hours ago, delete_me said:

Personal opinion about certain publications notwithstanding, I get the impression that most outlets have at least one dedicated "fighting guy" these days. The genre has more wide-reaching than it used to and in the age of the internet you can't just get away with the misinformation some journalists used to base their opinions on anymore. Not saying these people can go out and win EVO, but I've noticed here and there that they do know some stuff.

That recent ign Top10 list, whether you agree with it or not, was also clearly made by someone who pays attention to the scene for example.

I didn't watch that top 10 list but if it's who I think it is then yeah that guy is really good. He also did the review for Elden Ring. 

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

The Ryu/Chun-Li shippers are getting wild.

Hide contents

NSFW

Hide contents

RQujtBt.jpg

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

I used to have those. Never took the pills, but the box was hilarious. Only ended up throwing it away after my daughter was born. bought it as a gag but the guy swore up and done that the pills work.

Like nah, at the time I refused to take pills for headaches. No way in hell I'm gonna swallow two pills from a shady hentai box. FOH, salesperson, I bought this strictly for the art.

😂

lol same as I do I have as two small box of those for the art itself haha

18 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Chun Li pulled a Chi Chi and told Ryu that it was new type of training to get stronger 

Makes you wonder how much "training"  Chun got over time then since she is "the strongest woman in the world"

Edited by Skort
1 minute ago, CESTUS III said:

don't give capcom ideas

Can't give them an idea they already had....Dark Sakura has already been a thing. Hopefully it will never be a thing again. The new guys in charge of SF seem to, knock on wood, be willing to move forward and actually progress characters. For good or ill, I'll take that over narrative treadmill SF has been on since I was a kid living with his parents decades ago.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

I missed this but I might have to watch the upload.  The top 8 had good character variety.  Had some Luke but the other picks - Lucia, Akira, Sakura, Necalli, Ken haven't been on the big stage in a while.  

I was invited to participate by some friends who helped with organizing here on Central America, but I don't touch SFV in years so I would have only go to do shit 🤣