Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 minute ago, Skort said:

As it should be from the start.

She has access to her entire toolkit but if stores are managed she gets to be powered up and be even more bursty.

A resource management character rewarded for said resources.

I was really hoping for the return of the fireballs but i guess i'll keep looking for a main. 

1 minute ago, Jocelot said:

After all these years I still don't understand where all these Bridget fans come from. When I used to be on Dustloop every day the Bridget sub was dead. And no one ever mentioned him when talking about favorite characters. He's a very unorthodox character to play too. 

Yet ever since Xrd I found out there are apparently a lot of people who have "always" loved Bridget. I mean it's cool i'm happy for y'all I just never saw it coming. At all.

You know how on Twitter everyone seems to be in love with "diversity and inclusion" but it isn't reflected in sales or ratings/stream time. Same principle with Bridget.

3 minutes ago, Skort said:

As it should be from the start.

She has access to her entire toolkit but if stores are managed she gets to be powered up and be even more bursty.

A resource management character rewarded for said resources.

Yup.  She looks like she leans heavily into her SFV version.  Having 3 different moves locked behind stores was rough.  Now her Fuha's are buffs on an always available move, so now she works similar to G.

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You know how on Twitter everyone seems to be in love with "diversity and inclusion" but it isn't reflected in sales or ratings/stream time. Same principle with Bridget.

I think I get what you mean? Like a "silent majority" type thing? Reminds me of League of Legends and how people on social media were flaming Riot for a while because all their new champions were just Genshin Impact looking waifu characters and hot, edgy dudes with 6 packs. But it turns out those type of designs are what people gravitate towards the most and Riot likes money so they kept doing it. 

Edited by Jocelot

Best thing of already having your favorite characters on the base roster is that you really don’t care who gets in now. Glad the fans of Bridget was able to get him sooner than later. Plus, it’s another character that wasn’t in Xrd.

Now with his massive fanbase, Bridget players better be as frequent as running into Shotos.

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

Looking at Kimberly’s page, I recognized her VA from something other than her voice work.

IMG_0247.webp

Really that whole tweet and it’s replies were stupid, not to mention that Mirko is not even black.

Anairis is an extremely talented VA. I'm very excited and happy for her. She sounds great as Kimberly.

1 hour ago, mykka said:

"The music she listens to originates from a certain person, but you will have to wait for the story to find out who that is."

I feel like that has to be Dee Jay. I guess uhhhh that's the impact he's gonna have on SF6's narrative. 

Kimberly looks decent. Way more "Guy-ish" than Zeku ever was and as far as energetic and bubbly personalities go, she doesn't strike me as annoying as these archetypes usually are. Will probably not play her, but seems like a fitting addition for this game's style and setting.

Juri looks great, but I'm one of those few people who enjoyed the negative edge aspect of her kit and while they brought back a lot from SFIV (Divekick & Super), that specific feature seems very likely lost forever. I'll give her a try though, the reworked stores already make more sense on paper than their execution in V ever did and having "always" access to FSE will make her a lot more dangerous than before. 

New stage looks fantastic as well btw.

I have to say, all those info dumps make it really hard to wait for the next one, it's such a promising game all around.

1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

After all these years I still don't understand where all these Bridget fans come from. When I used to be on Dustloop every day the Bridget sub was dead. And no one ever mentioned him when talking about favorite characters. He's a very unorthodox character to play too. 

Yet ever since Xrd I found out there are apparently a lot of people who have "always" loved Bridget. I mean it's cool i'm happy for y'all I just never saw it coming. At all.

Nigga you already know the reason. Bridget is a culture character. The people that scream about Bridget don’t even play the game. They just want more R34. 

1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

After all these years I still don't understand where all these Bridget fans come from.

The "fans" are people outside the actual player base of the games.

Is funny how he is heavily requested, but like you said, he doesn't get play at all.

Like almost nothing,  during the XX series heydays you had like what 10 to 30 players using him on tournamenst in japan, the statistics shared by ASW back in the day showed that he was the least popular character.

Very likely is only the idiots on twatter that think that he is gay or trans or some stupid shit and want him on the game for "representation", ignoring the story behind him, but as usual he will end the least used character because his gameplay was never popular to begin with and those who asked for him don't even play the game, very likely.

Just now, Pair of Rooks said:

You didn't see the poll 

Yes, and like I said Peripheric demographic.

People outside the playerbase.

Bridget as a character was never popular or used beyond very few players on tournaments or smaller events in japan.

His character design and gameplay didn't appeal to the people that actually played the game.

"Juri unleashes the power of the Feng Shui Engine embedded in her eye, allowing her to cancel normal moves into other normal moves or even unique moves."

Chaining into the overhead is back? Or maybe it just means that launcher in the trailer.

Other things I noticed in the Juri trailer: her stand roundhouse more resembles the SF4 one, with a larger hop forward. She also steps forward a bit during the fuha store. Probably a more reliable combo tool.

With how many elements returned from her SF 4 design there is no fucking way in hell Capcom did not listen to feedback when it comes to Juri. From visual elements to some gameplay specials and normals Juri seems on a good path in SF 6.

I really like what i'm seeing so far.

3 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I'll be the first to say, since I know there's some vocal opinions on this one: good riddance to the negative edge fireballs. I hate negative edge. I don't want to lose half my buttons to have a fireball. I'm positive I wasn't the only one who liked that change from 4 to 5.

It's the best approach they could had taken while keeping her store function. 

• She keeps having her store mechanic that defines her as a character
  • She still has access to all her normals since she does not need to hold a button to keep the stores
  • She has access to all her toolkit regardless of the moves being stored or not
  • If stored her moves are enhanced in strenght and utility 

It satisfies all playstyles while rewarding those who put in more work to manage her resources. A good choice and a good evolution of her toolkit.

5 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I'll be the first to say, since I know there's some vocal opinions on this one: good riddance to the negative edge fireballs. I hate negative edge. I don't want to lose half my buttons to have a fireball. I'm positive I wasn't the only one who liked that change from 4 to 5.

To each their own but I dislike when changes like this are made to an existing character. SF5 Juri could almost have coexisted with SFIV Juri in the same game because very little of their movesets actually overlapped. 

And personally I really like negative edge. I don't know why, but something cool happening for releasing a button instead of pressing it just feels good to me. And it bothered me to no end that both my mains from SFIV and SCV got their negative edges moves (mostly) removed for the sequel games. Just make a new character then.

Now some thoughts on Kimberly's run.

She has the low slide and the overhead follow-ups...but it's SF6, just start to parry when she runs, right?

That's where the move where she runs up off your body comes in. I think that one probably works on block/parry as well; you don't take damage, but she'll run and jump off your body no matter what.

From that move, we see she has two follow ups: a dive kick and a command grab. Sit there or hold a parry, you might get command grabbed. Try to jump away, you might get dive kicked.

So from her run, she could run-stop, run into a fast kick move thatprobably beats mashing, run into low, run into overhead, or run into body-hop that has another 50/50 built in. Just my hypothesis, but I think that's how you'd make the Bushinryu run work in a game with parry.

For reference all the run followups are seen in this video

https://giant.gfycat.com/OffbeatWearyDove.mp4

Edited by Yiceman

BTW, not really a fan of Kimberly in terms of design and personality.

Her character design feels busy. I think my problem mostly comes from the top, the jacket/top she is just ugh for me.

And her personality is the type that I have started to dislike heavily, the quirky hyperactive type, it feels so prevalent nowdays, and outside some few characters, most of them end annoying me.

Gameplay wise she looks fun, and also, different enough that it doesn't feel like she invalidates the possibility of adding Guy or specially Maki in the future.

Edited by Hecatom