Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Just woke up

Can't say much about gameplay but as overall impression

Kimberly is a nice design overall, maybe nothing exceptional, but does pretty good job at link heavy with Guy's design while being a completely different char, and at same time is the closest char to SF6 spirit (super urban, spray paint everywhere), giving it a 7/10

Silhuette/proportions are interesting (plus i love slim fit girl with important ass), design bit too busy

Her moveset does'nt strike me much, but that was a problem of guy too to some extent... the most "SF" special i see on her are the air ninja suplex, but tbh don't work much on her and her frame, probably would have prefered them give more unique spray can based stuff, the parallel between spray cans and ninja old smoke bombs could have been played on more.

Loved they gave her firecrackers as another modern parallel to old school ninja explosives... the inevitable rivalry with Ibuki is going to be fun

Juri has been pretty good, did'nt surprised much but i loved how they're basically admitting SF4 Juri is best Juri, and was nice see the Sf4 Ultra return

Keep tools and the bike idea from V was right thing to do too

Again nothing surprised me, but i prefer not be surprised because everything got done right rather than be "surprised" by bullshit

Now give me her SF4 classic alt, or at least a SF4 tribute color on the default one and we're good

Stage is the one of SFV prototype that was listed as Fang's stage but never made it

Prerelease:Street Fighter V - The Cutting Room Floor

Fang 4K wallpapers for your desktop or mobile screen free and easy to  download

Next guess is Ken and Cammy, i expected them at EVO

Very curious to see Zangief, Ken and Sim in SF6 style, for newcomers probably JP and Manon are the ones i'm most curious about

Edited by CESTUS III

SF6 Juri has her SFIV normals, with her SFV specials.  With a bonus SFxT Juri jump cancel cr.HP(FSE) .  I really hope  FSE is like the SFIV version, with cancels into overhead, and chains that cancel into ALL of her specials, not just stores.  I wonder if that forward dash(which does damage now) is a mandatory part of FSE activation.

From what it looks like, FSE is her level 2 super, and her old Ultra 2 is her level 3.

26 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The Twatter idiots keep proving why Strive is the worst entry and the worst thing that could have happened to GG.

Form now on the series will be forever tainted and having to deal with those imbeciles, smfh.

We better hope that Zappa never makes a return. It seems like a character Twitter will want to claim.

I'm back from having been without electricity the whole EVO weekend.

You may notice I didn't say "without internet", no, I said "without electricity". I was looking forward to EVO, but that became a secondary concern when you find out that in the year 2022 it's somewhat difficult to find candles in local stores. No, not aromatic candles, regular-ass candles for light. All of this in the beautiful heat of summer!

Anyway, I have to go and check what happened on saturday and sunday 'cuz it seems this was a pretty hype EVO.

I've been checking the forums to catch up with what happened and you guys almost made me concerned that Idom won EVO in Street Fighter for the United States.

Almost. 🙂

4 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Literally never heard of Bridget before today so I checked out the wiki. Just a boy they referred to as a girl because of some superstitious nonsense in his hometown. Lame, I've seen better pronoun bait.

How is there a pronoun war on Bridget? As far as I know the official version was always that he was a boy, he was raised as  girl for various superstitions, then he became a bounty hunter to see the world but, even though he still dresses as a girl, he explicitly identifies as male.

It was never ambiguous with him. Everything was already in the lore.

2 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

It was never ambiguous with him.

Some of the XX interactions revolve around people being utterly confused that Bridget was a boy too. Think that at least one character hits on Bridget and Bridget stops that shit quick. Forgot who.

😂

I'm mostly indifferent to the whole thing. I'd rather a character be confusing and let people deal with the confusion. Bridget makes you feel some type of way? Its okay. Old internet lore is that Everybody is Gay for Bridget. Testament being more androgynous is pretty cool too. Looking back on it, They/Them kinda fits since Testament is more on gear weird shit than anything else.

8 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

How is there a pronoun war on Bridget? As far as I know the official version was always that he was a boy, he was raised as  girl for various superstitions, then he became a bounty hunter to see the world but, even though he still dresses as a girl, he explicitly identifies as male.

It was never ambiguous with him. Everything was already in the lore.

Twitter likes to plant the LGBT flag on any androgynous character they come across. Lore be damned.

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Made a gif of it.

Zi9khCT.gif

Cute!

I like how opinions on her seems pretty balanced over here and on gamefaqs.

Resetera is talking about her like she's the second coming of christ "best design since SF3". Erm no.

Posted my opinion on twitter and of course I have people jumping on me accusing me of being a racist... I hate the internet.

Edited by mykka

So, I've just checked the Juri trailer.

Like, bruh, they dead-ass put shots of her feet twice in the opening. Like, come on man.

You're supposed to pretend to be hiding the blatant fetishes you're trying to sell, at this rate Juri's trailer for SF7 will just be her performing footjob to the audience.

I'm disgusted, I'm appalled, I'm shocked, and I heartily congratulate Capcom on the great job made with the trailer.

Kimberly's looking good too.

42 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Twitter likes to plant the LGBT flag on any androgynous character they come across. Lore be damned.

They’re so aggressively annoying about it too. I don’t mind peeps having their headcanons, I have mine too. But it’s not just a fun thing to think about with them. It’s a statement of fact that everyone, even the companies behind the character, just doesn’t see that the character is actually Trans and you’re terrible for accepting that. When you bring up conflicting lore about how the character settles into a single binary, they go mad and call you and the developers of the character transphobic.

Dumbest common example I keep seeing is Naoto from Persona 4. Probably one of the easiest stories in the world to understand. It’s basically Mulan but this time she wants to be a cop. Despite the fact that making her a trans man ruins the entire point of her story, which is a criticism of how the Japanese workforce is so male dominated, some people will argue that making her a man would be more compelling. Because wanting to be seen as a competent woman is not enough. Despite the fact Naoto doesn’t want to be seen as a man when the reveal happens, they will still call others transphobic for not buying into their headcanon. It’s so stupid.

Some of her normals that returned from SF 4 thank God and some that carried over from both 4 and 5.

Her old  SF 4 cr.mk animation / pose 

juri-crmk.jpg

Her SF4 far st.mp that can also be special cancelled 

juri-fstmp.jpg

Her st.hp 

juri-sthp.jpg

Her St.hk from SF 4 ( the hop she does forward is considerably higher than the one she does in SF 5 ) 

st-hk-juri.jpg

Her cr.hp ( the pose is reversed with her back to the screen now )

juri-crhp.jpg

Sry for the low quality shots it's how it screen capped them off the youtube video for some reason.

Edited by Skort
50 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

So, I've just checked the Juri trailer.

Like, bruh, they dead-ass put shots of her feet twice in the opening. Like, come on man.

You're supposed to pretend to be hiding the blatant fetishes you're trying to sell, at this rate Juri's trailer for SF7 will just be her performing footjob to the audience.

I'm disgusted, I'm appalled, I'm shocked, and I heartily congratulate Capcom on the great job made with the trailer.

Kimberly's looking good too.

I just would like to say that @Skortdidn't an exception job with this trailer. I knew he was onto something when Juri rolled in with the Kaneda motorcycle slide.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I dont know why people are still confused with bridget even it's never been a debate before that he is a he.

There's no confusion.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

This. I legit despise the Fire Emblem fandom over it.

It doesn't even need to be an androgynous character either. They're claiming characters like:

Animated GIF

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

You know- on balance, I don't think there was really all that much fg product announced/revealed at this Evo.

Garou 2, rollback for a bunch of games that have been out for years, and some DLC character reveals that we mostly already knew about.  All very good shit, but not all that much news by volume.  Am I missing anything?  

KOF15 will have crossplay at some point, Tekken 7’s getting another patch and Tekken 8 may  have been announced. Not much in the way of new announcements, but I can’t say I was disappointed by any of them.

Edited by BornWinner
1 hour ago, mykka said:

Cute!

I like how opinions on her seems pretty balanced over here and on gamefaqs.

Resetera is talking about her like she's the second coming of christ "best design since SF3". Erm no.

She's pretty nice new design, but to say stuff like "best design since SF3" they either don't understand shit about design, or they see in her values that have little to do with design 

Guess both 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Looking at Kimberly design more closely I noticed her top is Guy's Gi.

She have other hints too, like the yellow stripes or the shoes

On 8/7/2022 at 10:22 AM, Skort said:

I am happy with  how her 3D model turned out 

Reveal hidden contents

JURI-LEAK-SF-6.jpg

- The facial structure seems good.Proportions are great from this particular angle.

- Hair is on point

- still looks like Juri but in a improved engine, a good evolution of her character model

- she continues to have eyes in different colors as she has in he SF 5 story mode costume

- she apparently spent some time with Menat for having her phone designed like that

- that lollypop she has is flavored with the tears of all who cry about her st.mk now that Juri herself is in a good spot balance wise.

Also, gotta tag the Juri bros  @AriesWarlock @FengShuiEnergy@Fatal Error XI

EDIT : thank you @delete_me  @Chun-Li_Forever @JustBooming  @Dragonfave723 for the links posted above !

Interesting. I'm impressed. Just kinda weird with the whole zipper pants and  glove like socks she's

got going. But I'll take the lolipops. I see Juri still has her backhand pimp smack. Gotta keep it strong.

Edited by FengShuiEnergy
3 hours ago, Fatal Error XI said:

SF6 Juri has her SFIV normals, with her SFV specials.  With a bonus SFxT Juri jump cancel cr.HP(FSE) .  I really hope  FSE is like the SFIV version, with cancels into overhead, and chains that cancel into ALL of her specials, not just stores.  I wonder if that forward dash(which does damage now) is a mandatory part of FSE activation.

From what it looks like, FSE is her level 2 super, and her old Ultra 2 is her level 3.

Nonononononononno

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/859/832/62d.gif

The specials we saw in the trailer are her old dive kick and her old  low fireball, she kept her SFV dp  and her medium and heavy fuha ave been reworked while also having EX versions of themselves.

I think they only showed EX medium fuha that ground bounces, and EX heavy that seemed to be much faster and enhanced in strenght, i am curious how her EX light will work. They are focusing on making her more close range focused for this particular game. While i enjoyed 3 x fireball in SF4 , i doubt that will ever return to her toolkit. We got the dive kick back and i think they removed ryodsansatsu ( looked cool but pretty bad move )  so i'll take the dive kick over it any day.

PS : we only saw what i can only assume was the medium DP that acts as an anti air, i am curious if light and heavy will be grounded like her old senpusha or not.

Edited by Skort

My guess with Juri is that her flipkick is gone, and now qcb + k will either be store, or release.  Since store and release are independent from each other now, she'll need separate  commands for store and release.

When parry was announced as a universal mechanic in SF6, I knew her SFIV med and heavy fireballs weren't coming back.  IMO,  divekick, counter teleport, and her normals were the tools from IV that would better serve her in the newer games.  So far, I think we're getting the best of both IV and V Juri.  Still want to see how she fits in with drive mechanics.  Starting every round with EX moves ready, and EX moves not being tied to supers give the impression that the game will be more aggressive.  Can only theory fight for now.