Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

The Rev2 rollback beta is live and from the little I read this morning, it runs pretty well, as well as there have been some PC optimizations so it runs better (less CPU usage) than the regular version. There may still be some glitches in the PC port and stuff, it is a beta after all. The dev working has posted a steam thread for feedback and seemingly wants as much as possible.

it’s also on sale and like $15 USD on steam or something.

I don’t think they’re going to do any character balances, or addressing any glitches that would separate it from the PS4 version, as they’re addressing the steam port only (which seems to make it clear that the ps4 version won’t get rollback)

Heads up though - from what I understand, this beta will only be up for two weeks and the proper full version may not be ready for a couple months to a year, depending on how well it works. So far, early reports are good, but I’m going to download it tonight and mostly play it for the next two weeks, and provide feedback. If anyone wants games, let me know.

50 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

all those games need a console version

I think the issue is that (from what I understand) ASW handled the Steam ports directly, so they can make changes and update them at will.

But the console ports were published by third-party companies (like Aksys Games did Xrd), so they’d have to hire/pay/involve them to update the console versions, which likely requires contract extensions, and possible licensing issues.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Have a homie who got a crack of the beta and is now hitting training mode with it.

RIP all you bastards come the open beta.

Drop that link nigga!

I don’t have morals I’ll play that shit with 0 guilt. I used to give my computer AIDS just to download Lil Wayne mixtapes I don’t care if my shit catches fire trying to run it.

IMG_0845.jpg

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Drop that link nigga!

I don’t have morals I’ll play that shit with 0 guilt. I used to give my computer AIDS just to download Lil Wayne mixtapes I don’t care if my shit catches fire trying to run it.

IMG_0845.jpg

Hell I got two computers. I'll just put it on the laptop to be safe 😉

If you did not have access to the beta itself the mod for the offline version will not work as it currently is. It's just a quick hack to allow you in vs CPU and some training mode while missing most features that were in the beta itself , even character swap cannot be made if you don't do a file swap using RE tools plugin  and it requires login to steam at the same time. It only works for people who had the beta.

A true crack has yet to be made to emulate offline server in order to work for everybody.

Edited by Skort

Yeah man... I stopped playing once I got to Diamond. The fatigue really started to set after we got SF6 footage. My mind's been training me to want the new hotness and not the old busted joint. Shoot, I occasionally fire up SFIV and after about five minutes I realize that was a mistake. Lately I've been messing with Final Fantasy VII Remake, but not nearly enough to make a dent in my progress. Still a newlywed so I'm spending plenty of time watching Bleach with Wiferena and eating good lol.

Edited by ToreyBeans
4 hours ago, delete_me said:

Getting to Diamond rank already killed my limited enjoyment of SFV because you get constantly matched up with people who literally have ten times as many points as you.

I might go back to it close to SF6's launch just for the heck of it (and because Rose won't be in SF6) but that's about it I think.

It's just fucking stressful. I'm literally running into evo top 8 mother fuckers that are so plugged into the matrix that they beat with me just walking forward and blocking it's actually a mind fuck. I'm not gonna give up though. I said I would get to master before 6 drops and I'm gonna do it. I swear to god it's gonna happen.

Also fuck Anton. He plays Chun-Li like she's being controlled by an input reading AI. How does a nigga play like a fucking line of code god damn.

6 hours ago, delete_me said:

Getting to Diamond rank already killed my limited enjoyment of SFV because you get constantly matched up with people who literally have ten times as many points as you.

I might go back to it close to SF6's launch just for the heck of it (and because Rose won't be in SF6) but that's about it I think.

I remember when I was watching one of my homie's stream SFV many months back. He had just reached Diamond after being stuck in it for several months.

Who does he get paired up with soon after?

Brian F and his fukkin Oro.

Knocked right back into Ultra Platinum. 

He won his next set and got the fukk outta ranked for good. I don't blame him one bit.

1 hour ago, Shahenzan said:

played some xrd yesterday and i gotta say

i actually just dont like that game lol, i was feeling bad about strive balance but playing xrd put me back to being a strive believer 

So I guess I’m not going to get destroyed by your Answer any more, huh? But this is what I’m also terrified of. Getting matched with a sweaty Johnny or Elphelt may just get me to hate the game.

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

So I guess I’m not going to get destroyed by your Answer any more, huh? But this is what I’m also terrified of. Getting matched with a sweaty Johnny or Elphelt may just get me to hate the game.

ill play it with anyone if they ask me to

when i say i dont like it i dont mean its totally unpleasant or an awful game, just that now that i have a better idea of what i like and dont like in fgs, and with what i know about what xrd is, i do not think its a game id want to practice a lot or take seriously

summon me for that game anytime if you want 🤓

2 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I remember when I was watching one of my homie's stream SFV many months back. He had just reached Diamond after being stuck in it for several months.

He won his next set and got the fukk outta ranked for good. I don't blame him one bit.

I ran into commander Jesse a few times and he's UGM with Oro. That fucking character is insane lmao

2 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Funny enough I had a convo about this situation a few days ago. I was talking to a few online homies about the strive tower and the actual good sides of it. A lot of strive "pros" claim that the quality of players is too varied in the tower. Because of that you end up grinding on people who aren't that good. Issue is that this is exactly what happens in SF5.

After you get past a certain skill level, the pool of player of your ability becomes smaller. Which means that even with the SF5 type of matchmaking they want, you'd still run into the same problem.  Your homie isn't the only one, you look at Brian F's stream and the guy is matched up with diamonds all day.

This is just an inherent problem of ranking up. There aren't always going to be people for you to play with at that level.  If the player base is small, then playing people of the same level all the time means that you'd be restricted to a really small of players. If there aren't that many people online, and the people of your level stop playing, then who is it supposed to match you up with?

So yeah, all these people talking about how the Strive tower needs more floors to divide players don't really know wtf they're talking about. What they want is a badge for being good and a pat in the back.

Its kinda crazy how much dumbshit I've heard since Strive came out and a lot of it coming from established players.  The matchmaking issue being one of the big ones.

47 minutes ago, Sonero said:

So yeah, all these people talking about how the Strive tower needs more floors to divide players don't really know wtf they're talking about. What they want is a badge for being good and a pat in the back.

The obsession newer players have with finding people at their level is a bit sad.

While it's true you will have an easier time learning when matched up with people who are roughly the same skill level as you, the fact is that you will still be trounced the minute you encounter someone who is slightly better.  Might as well just take off the training wheels and throw yourself to the wolves, since eventually that's what's going to happen anyway.  Simple fact of the matter is that playing any fighting game is all about losing -- and losing a lot.  No matchmaking will cure that.  People who complain the loudest about being matched against better players are basically saying they don't like losing (understandable), and want to keep being able to beat other people without working too hard (lame).

On the flip side, really good players should understand that obviously most people are worse than them.  To expect to only encounter other killers online when you're at a very high level and the vast majority of players suck is just silliness.

Matchmaking and ranking systems try to hide/alleviate the skill gap in competitive games but they can never actually remove it.  People just gotta toughen up/accept reality.

What I've been playing lately:

GKgRnXJ.png

QFs0OsG.png

l5qqwyH.png

qbCYEJG.png

Some Capcom Vs SNK.

I forgot Cammy doesn't have her divekick here. She also only has 1 super. 

Game still feels good. Love the stages and presentation overall.

Capcom Vs SNK 2 is light yrs better in gameplay, but Capcom Vs SNK is better in nearly every other area.

You know, I still remember going to my Ihomie's house and reading the GamePro magazine that featured this artwork:

419494c512746050.jpg

An actual Arcade/Dreamcast version of this crossover? My mind was blown.

It's not that the crossover itself was shocking.

snk-vs-capcom-the-match-of-the-millenniu

320full-snk-vs.-capcom:-the-match-of-the

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVazX8oHc5v6-RriqoOKL

I was already playing this bad boy on my Neo Geo Pocket for a long time. 

In this game, you could go SF style (1v1), MVC style (2v2, switching in and out), or KOF style (3v3)

Another cool feature: there was a port on the Dreamcast that allowed you to connect your Neo Geo Pocket to it. As you'd expect, this could only be done between SNK games. Capcom Vs SNK was developed by Capcom, but it was the exception since it involved SNK.

You could transfer cool data between SNK Vs Capcom on Neo Geo Pocket and Capcom Vs SNK for Dreamcast. I think you could also transfer stuff between KOF 98 and KOF R-2.

When I got Capcom Vs SNK, I was ready to play it like MVC. I assumed it would have the same features as Match of the Millenium.

Then once I started playing, I  quickly realized you couldn't switch in and out. Damn, was I taken by surprised.

Despite that, I still ended up loving and pouring many hrs into it.

It's always cool looking back on those times.