Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

but the special cancel window seemed pretty small

This is what i was referring to. I personally found the window to be quite big.

1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

I probably might just need more practice lol

Probably, play it enough and should be okay. 

I did find multiple scenarios where you really have to delay your timing . For example Juri EX dive kick leaves them in a juggle after the final hit and you can follow up with a dp or a fuhajin ( store release ). If you do unstored fuhajin it's pretty easy to connect, but if you wanna connect with a stored one or ex one after the juggle from the dive kick you need to squeeze in a small delay or it will whiff. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That reminds me, one of the villains in House of the Dragon is clearly a Juri fan. Dude literally provides information for the Queen in exchange for seeing her feet. No fam, I am NOT making this up. 

I still can't believe that scene happened. And I thought the same thing lmao. Homie really slid into the queens DMs and said "show feet"

Beta was really good when it worked for me. Forever to load, and often crashed, but once I've got a round or two in, I assume it's good for some time.

Guile's taking some getting used to, esp with his c.mp target combo - I find the range a bit finicky, and you seem to have to commit a little earlier to the second input, but in general I love the range on normals.

Found it hard to perfect boom in corner combos, while raw can do them easy - but read there's an option to disable negative edge in the game. And sure we can do a perfect boom loop or two in the corner, though seems only with lights.

I've more been playing against lvl 8 CPU to train against DI. If my old reflexes can handle it (Ken CPU, esp when I'm cornered seems to go for it lots) then I think it'll work out well, but it definitely is something to be ever-aware about. 

As a side issue, kinda really really wanna point out not to have Steam running when playing some betas. Some folk even rename steam.exe to something else just in case a beta might try to launch Steam to run. My nephew once tried a similar kind of bullshit, and it wasn't pretty.

Edited by JustBooming
4 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

snip 

Guile’s cr.mp is plus on hit enough to link a jab, so theoretically if the person is close you might be able to link a light flash kick if you have enough frames to charge. Without proper training mode it’s hard to tell what the confirm situation is.

Also yeah i don’t even connect to the internet when running the beta, let alone boot Steam.

Edited by Vhozite
8 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Without proper training mode it’s hard to tell

I knocked an opponent out of the air with a flash kick, fired a perfect lp boom, and managed to j.mp them onto it. I'm desperate to see if I can tack on sonic hurricane afterwards. I reckon it'd work, but I really want to see

Edit: sorry, as they had time to jump forward over it after the fk knockdown. 

Edited by JustBooming
2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Guile’s cr.mp is plus on hit enough to link a jab, so theoretically if the person is close you might be able to link a light flash kick if you have enough frames to charge. Without proper training mode it’s hard to tell what the confirm situation is.

Also yeah i don’t even connect to the internet when running the beta, let alone boot Steam.

How easy is it to do his just frame booms? The Gulies I played against managed to do it most of the time. 

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

How easy is it to do his just frame booms? The Gulies I played against managed to do it most of the time. 

It's pretty easy. I always used to do forward then back and punch, but just forcing punch a split second earlier means at 9/10 will be perfect. I'm saying this having to use an xbox pad, so am guessing those with clickier buttons will do better.

10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

So I specifically didn’t try for just frame booms because I wanted to see how often it would happen naturally and I was doing them a lot anyway. I hate just frame mechanics and it’s the one thing I really don’t like about Guile (and will likely be the reason I don’t main him), but honestly it didn’t seem that difficult.

In fact I was doing them so often early on I thought the perfect version was his normal boom since I wasn’t playing with sound.

38 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Chris G didn't spit any truth that wasn't obvious.

OTOH Lupe is a GOAT rapper so this shit is silly AF.

Damn, Lupe staying even more goated.

Nigga stop being cringe. Wocka Flocka out here acting like he's a Tekken sweat lord is fucking cringe dude. Celebs talkin bout you don't want the smoke. What smoke? The shit you high on!? 

33 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Nigga stop being cringe. Wocka Flocka out here acting like he's a Tekken sweat lord is fucking cringe dude. Celebs talkin bout you don't want the smoke. What smoke? The shit you high on!? 

Any of these guys talking some weird shit are basically saying "Hey man, I like watching your games and you guys play, can I join?". The only people who are cringe are FGC dudes that don't get it.

You got rappers who organically are talking about actual FGC players and the best they got is saying some silly shit. Reach out to them, invite them to a major or find another way to collab.

God fucking damn, if Ninja could play with Drake, y'all can figure some shit out too.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Any of these guys talking some weird shit are basically saying "Hey man, I like watching your games and you guys play, can I join?". The only people who are cringe are FGC dudes that don't get it.

You got rappers who organically are talking about actual FGC players and the best they got is saying some silly shit. Reach out to them, invite them to a major or find another way to collab.

God fucking damn, if Ninja could play with Drake, y'all can figure some shit out too.

It's just whack. Lupe thinking he really nice with it and getting mad because Chris wasn't playing along. I think there a difference between some celeb saying I fuck with the FGC and I'm literally fucking god. 

We should have never gave niggas SF2

• Sonero changed the title to Street Fighter 6 Lounge: Beta is back but Twinlittlefingers snitchin'